Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

**Official NFL Power Rankings- Playoff edition***

Newbie, as usual, you've placed Philthy too high. The only reason you put that "I don't care if your team is 8-8 or 13-3 crap on there is because yours is 9-6-1.

Actually, I put that because it really doesn't matter. San Diego is 8-8 and I guarantee you that Indy would rather be playing Miami at 11-5. Records mean nothing. Nothing.

Actually, I put that because it really doesn't matter. San Diego is 8-8 and I guarantee you that Indy would rather be playing Miami at 11-5. Records mean nothing. Nothing.

Yeah, except that Philly is 9-6-1 and ranked way too high. Final rankings should be about what a team did this season, not just what they did last week Newbie.

That being said, and as big an anti-Pats guy as I am, the Pats deserve to be ranked ahead of several teams in your list.

:lol:

Leave it to newbie to take solid logic like "records don't mean everything" and turn it into that absurd statement!

Yeah, except that Philly is 9-6-1 and ranked way too high. Final rankings should be about what a team did this season, not just what they did last week Newbie.

That being said, and as big an anti-Pats guy as I am, the Pats deserve to be ranked ahead of several teams in your list.

You're misreading it, Bud. It is only a ranking of the twelve playoff teams. It is not final rankings of the regualr season.

:lol:

Leave it to newbie to take solid logic like "records don't mean everything" and turn it into that absurd statement!

It's not absurd. It has nothing to do with my playoff rankings. I didn't even look at records when I made the list. I simply rated them by who I think is most-likely to win the Super Bowl. RECORDS MEAN NOTHING.

It's not absurd. It has nothing to do with my playoff rankings. I didn't even look at records when I made the list. I simply rated them by who I think is most-likely to win the Super Bowl. RECORDS MEAN NOTHING.

Capitalizing it doesn't make it true. Maybe you should try bolding it with a big font! :lol:

Capitalizing it doesn't make it true. Maybe you should try bolding it with a big font! :lol:

Ok. Instead of being a wiseass, explain how regular season records mean something once the playoff start? While you're at it, explain why Philadelphia is a road favorite against a team with a better record.

I'll hang up and listen.

Do you really think that a team that barely won a TERRIBLE division at 8-8 can make it to the Superbowl?

I wasn't just typing for giggles man! I think SD is much better than their record. Take out a few of those last minute losses, and they're an 11-5 team. Obviously their defense is going to be the biggest factor in any of this. I wouldn't be surprised at all if San Diego went all the way.

Ok. Instead of being a wiseass, explain how regular season records mean something once the playoff start? While you're at it, explain why Philadelphia is a road favorite against a team with a better record.

I'll hang up and listen.

You must be fishing. :lol:

You must be fishing. :lol:

That's what I thought. Another wiseass without an answer.

Pwned.

I wasn't just typing for giggles man! I think SD is much better than their record. Take out a few of those last minute losses, and they're an 11-5 team. Obviously their defense is going to be the biggest factor in any of this. I still think Indy wins this weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if San Diego went all the way.

Don't you get it? That is precisely WHY the Chargers won't make the Superbowl. The teams that win in January are the teams that WIN in the last minute, not the teams that lose. :lol:

That's what I thought. Another wiseass without an answer.

Pwned.

Oh come on Newbie. Did you really just pull the "call poster a name, claim poster has quit, and declare you 'pwnd' the poster" move?

Amateur, dude. Amateur. :lol:

Oh come on Newbie. Did you really just pull the "call poster a name, claim poster has quit, and declare you 'pwnd' the poster" move?

Amateur, dude. Amateur. :lol:

Actually, the amatuer move is to try to make an ass out of a poster, not explain why, and then ignore questions asked of you to back up your claim.

I've probably only used 'pwned' 3-5 times in all my years here, but you definitely earned one in that lame exchange.

:( :thumbsdown:

Actually, the amatuer move is to try to make an ass out of a poster, not explain why, and then ignore questions asked of you to back up your claim.

I've probably only used 'pwned' 3-5 times in all my years here, but you definitely earned one in that lame exchange.

:thumbsdown: :unsure:

Why should I have to explain why records matter? You are the one making the crazy assertion that they do not matter AT ALL. Thus, you are the one that has to explain yourself.

But I guess I will explain it anyway, in case you are really so thick that you can't get it. A team that does what it needs to do to win throughout the season, that consistently closes out games late, that wins against good opponents and bad, is obviously more likely to do better in the post-season than a team that cannot consistently win throughout the season. Obviously, there are some exceptions, like the team that had an extraordinarily difficult schedule, or the team that started off badly but really came on late. But these are the exceptions that PROVE the rule. Just because exceptions exist doesn't mean that records have absolutely no bearing on post-season success.

This is where I would write "pwnd," if I were that sort of poster. ;)

Why should I have to explain why records matter? You are the one making the crazy assertion that they do not matter AT ALL. Thus, you are the one that has to explain yourself.

But I guess I will explain it anyway, in case you are really so thick that you can't get it. A team that does what it needs to do to win throughout the season, that consistently closes out games late, that wins against good opponents and bad, is obviously more likely to do better in the post-season than a team that cannot consistently win throughout the season. Obviously, there are some exceptions, like the team that had an extraordinarily difficult schedule, or the team that started off badly but really came on late. But these are the exceptions that PROVE the rule. Just because exceptions exist doesn't mean that records have absolutely no bearing on post-season success.

This is where I would write "pwnd," if I were that sort of poster. :dunno:

One more time in case I missed your answer, why are the 9-6-1 Eagles favored against the 10-6 Vikings in Minnesota? Did Vegas miss the records? Shouldn't someone send them a letter?

TIA

I'll hang up and listen.

Why are they favored? Because the public will be all over Philly since they dominated last week. I'm suprised they aren't favored by more. Oh yea, Vikings are the worst team in the playoffs.

Why are they favored? Because the public will be all over Philly since they dominated last week. I'm suprised they aren't favored by more. Oh yea, Vikings are the worst team in the playoffs.

Arizona is WAY worse than Minnesota.

And for the 500th time, people realize that records don't mean everything. You have said for the last 3 months now "sorry I will copy the standings for my ranking". It gets old.

For the 500th time people pick on you because you can claim teh Eagles are a top 5 team 1 week, not in the top 10 the next, then back in the top 5 the next. Team's abilities do not change that much from week to week. Last week you didn't have the Eagles in teh top 10. Now they are 6 because they rolled a poor Cowboys team at home? When the Cowboys gave no effort, and any decent team would have beat them the same way...

Explain how that Cowboys win jumps them from 10-12...all the way to 6?

Arizona is WAY worse than Minnesota.

Worse maybe, WAY worse? Not a chance. QBs in the playoffs mean a lot. And I will take Warner in a pressure situation of Tavaris Jackson any day of the week.

One more time in case I missed your answer, why are the 9-6-1 Eagles favored against the 10-6 Vikings in Minnesota? Did Vegas miss the records? Shouldn't someone send them a letter?

TIA

Because records don't mean everything. There are plenty of other factors that come into play. For instance, in the case of the Eagles and Vikings, the Vikings have a bad coach, an abysmal quarterback, and no playoff experience. The Eagles, despite just barely squeeking into the playoffs, appear to be on a hot streak and have a lot of playoff experience. Hence, the scales are tipped towards the Eagles, notwithstanding the fact that the Vikings have a better record.

But that doesn't mean that records mean "NOTHING," as you put it. Face it: you're wrong. You completely exaggerated about something and now you are desperately trying to back it up. You're just making yourself look stupid in the process.

And for the 500th time, people realize that records don't mean everything. You have said for the last 3 months now "sorry I will copy the standings for my ranking". It gets old.

For the 500th time people pick on you because you can claim teh Eagles are a top 5 team 1 week, not in the top 10 the next, then back in the top 5 the next. Team's abilities do not change that much from week to week. Last week you didn't have the Eagles in the top 10. Now they are 6 because they rolled a poor Cowboys team at home? When the Cowboys gave no effort, and any decent team would have beat them the same way...

Newbie never explained this. Even though I saw him on here tonight.

Newbie can't make up his mind whether or not they are even a good team. They jump around on his rankings all year. 1 loss they are not worthy of top 10, 1 win they are a top 5 team. It's just goofy.

1. Giants

2. Panthers

3. Titans

4. Steelers

5. Colts

6. Ravens

7. Falcons

8. Eagles

9. Chargers

10. Dolphins

11. Cards

12. Vikings

Can't beat those rankings.

Edit: I changed the Titans and Steelers. Ben's injury doesn't help. I do like their experience in big games over the Titans experience. If teams catch the Steelers when their D is really on their game, they won't be beat in the AFC.

You must be a Bears or Packers fan. Vikings 12? Didn't they pound AZ?

People on this board show so much homerism in every post. Why can't people ever be objective? Sure, the Vikings will probably lose to Philly but there isn't anyone who can honestly say that they should be ranked behind the lowly Cards.

For the 500th time people pick on you because you can claim teh Eagles are a top 5 team 1 week, not in the top 10 the next, then back in the top 5 the next. Team's abilities do not change that much from week to week. Last week you didn't have the Eagles in teh top 10. Now they are 6 because they rolled a poor Cowboys team at home? When the Cowboys gave no effort, and any decent team would have beat them the same way...

OMG, I honstly think you might be a little slow. (If that's true, BTW, I apologize. I have nothing against the mentally disabled).

Anyway, for the fifth (or is it sixth?) time........

This is NOT a continuation of my regular season rankings. Forget them. Pretend I never made them. Can you do that? What this is is a listing of the twelve playoff teams, ranked by how likely I think they are to win the Super Bowl. Since you are absolutely obssessed (along with Worms) with where I put the Eagles, look at where I have San Diego. They are 8-8 and probably haven't appeared in my power rankings since week 2. Yet, lo and behold, they are ranked at a decent position here. You know why? because they are playing very well. In fact, if they didn't have teh misfortune of playing Indy right off the bat, they'd be ranked even higher. Yes, I also considered their road to the Super Bowl. I have Baltimore ranked one position higher than San Diego, but I think SD would beat Baltimore right now. Problem is, Balt. only plays Miami, so I like their chances better. Is it starting to sink in a little?

As for Philly, they are red hot, as well. Yes, they stunk up the place vs. Washington, but they've played great in 4 out of 5 since the Baltimore game/McNabb benching. I like their matchup with Minnesota, but more importantly, they play the Giants at teh Meadowlands the following week if they advance. They just beat them there there two weeks ago. No, I don't think they'd be favored in that game (notice that I have the Giants ranked ahead of them..see above), but we all already know they match up well with them.

You've already made your own list and put them where you think they should be. That's the perfect play here. In fact, you only have the Eagles two places lower than I do. Even though I don't agree with yours, have you seen me cry or jump up and down about them? ( Psssss. I'll let you in on a little scret...our rankings don't matter)

Life is a lot easier than you're making it out to be.

You must be a Bears or Packers fan. Vikings 12? Didn't they pound AZ?

People on this board show so much homerism in every post. Why can't people ever be objective? Sure, the Vikings will probably lose to Philly but there isn't anyone who can honestly say that they should be ranked behind the lowly Cards.

You must be a Vikings fan.?

Sure flip flop Cards or Vikes between 11 or 12, doesn't really matter. If you think Tavaris Jackson will have that kind of game every again in his career, or better yet in these playoffs, then rank them top 3.

OMG, I honstly think you might be a little slow. (If that's true, BTW, I apologize. I have nothing against the mentally disabled).

Anyway, for the fifth (or is it sixth?) time........

This is NOT a continuation of my regular season rankings. Forget them. Pretend I never made them. Can you do that? What this is is a listing of the twelve playoff teams, ranked by how likely I think they are to win the Super Bowl. Since you are absolutely obssessed (along with Worms) with where I put the Eagles, look at where I have San Diego. They are 8-8 and probably haven't appeared in my power rankings since week 2. Yet, lo and behold, they are ranked at a decent position here. You know why? because they are playing very well. In fact, if they didn't have teh misfortune of playing Indy right off the bat, they'd be ranked even higher. Yes, I also considered their road to the Super Bowl. I have Baltimore ranked one position higher than San Diego, but I think SD would beat Baltimore right now. Problem is, Balt. only plays Miami, so I like their chances better. Is it starting to sink in a little?

As for Philly, they are red hot, as well. Yes, they stunk up the place vs. Washington, but they've played great in 4 out of 5 since the Baltimore game/McNabb benching. I like their matchup with Minnesota, but more importantly, they play the Giants at teh Meadowlands the following week if they advance. They just beat them there there two weeks ago. No, I don't think they'd be favored in that game (notice that I have the Giants ranked ahead of them..see above), but we all already know they match up well with them.

You've already made your own list and put them where you think they should be. That's the perfect play here. In fact, you only have the Eagles two places lower than I do. Even though I don't agree with yours, have you seen me cry or jump up and down about them? ( Psssss. I'll let you in on a little scret...our rankings don't matter)

Life is a lot easier than you're making it out to be.

Ok? Your regular season rankings still matter to my point. Last week you didn't have them ranked in the top 10, with a win over the Cowboys they are now #6. In both rankings (this and last weeks) we are dealing with basically the same teams that made the playoffs.

I'm not crying, I'm just letting you know why everyone laughs at your rankings. If no one knew you were an Eagles fan, they could figure it out pretty quick looking at your rankings each week.

Bottom line is the win over the Cowboys in your mind, made you rank the Eagles that much higher.

Ok? Your regular season rankings still matter to my point. Last week you didn't have them ranked in the top 10, with a win over the Cowboys they are now #6. In both rankings (this and last weeks) we are dealing with basically the same teams that made the playoffs.

I'm not crying, I'm just letting you know why everyone laughs at your rankings. If no one knew you were an Eagles fan, they could figure it out pretty quick looking at your rankings each week.

Bottom line is the win over the Cowboys in your mind, made you rank the Eagles that much higher.

Or, I just overreacted to the Redskins loss. :rolleyes:

If you remember, I dropped every team that had a chance to control their own destiny in week 16 and lost. I lumped them all together and put them all at #12.

Regardless, I still haven't figured out if you just disagree with my rankings or still don't understand them. I suppose it doesn't matter. You've been making the exact same arguments since week one.

Enjoy the playoffs and see how things play out. If I had a dollar for everyone (you, mostly) who argued my optimism of the Eagles this year, only to see them beat the team they claimed were better, I'd be a rich man. Also, a lot of the teams that people argued should be ahead of Philly will be on the golf course all week and watching the playoffs from home.

Or, I just overreacted to the Redskins loss. :rolleyes:

If you remember, I dropped every team that had a chance to control their own destiny in week 16 and lost. I lumped them all together and put them all at #12.

Regardless, I still haven't figured out if you just disagree with my rankings or still don't understand them. I suppose it doesn't matter. You've been making the exact same arguments since week one.

Enjoy the playoffs and see how things play out. If I had a dollar for everyone (you, mostly) who argued my optimism of the Eagles this year, only to see them beat the team they claimed were better, I'd be a rich man. Also, a lot of the teams that people argued should be ahead of Philly will be on the golf course all week and watching the playoffs from home.

I understand your rankings. I just don't believe team's abilities change that much from week to week. You overreact each week, whether its good or bad for the Eagles. Obviously as of right now you think they are dangerous and are a top 6 team. I guess we will see.

I understand your rankings. I just don't believe team's abilities change that much from week to week. You overreact each week, whether its good or bad for the Eagles. Obviously as of right now you think they are dangerous and are a top 6 team. I guess we will see.

Watching the Eagles from week to week proves the ability for a team to change from week to week. One week they look like a top 3 team and the next week they look like they should be 5-11. IMO a lot of this has to do with how bad Andy Reid has been this year. He is just consistently inconsistent with the playcalling and game plan which has made this team completely inconsistent. If you're ranking the Eagles based on their season performance overall, then yes #6 is too high. Where you have them at #8 or #9 is probably about right amongst the playoff teams, and then New England would be ahead of them if this was a ranking of the whole NFL. BUT if you are ranking the Eagles based on potential then #6 seems very fair to me. Talent wise and ability wise, this team CAN be as good as anyone right now. I wouldn't put it past the Eagles to win easily against Minnesota and then go up to the Meadowlands and knock the Giants off, giving them a shot in the NFC championship game. Then again I wouldn't be suprised if they throw the ball 50 times this week, let Peterson go for 150, and lose an ugly game to Minnesota. Their potential is high, their consistency is not.

Watching the Eagles from week to week proves the ability for a team to change from week to week. One week they look like a top 3 team and the next week they look like they should be 5-11. IMO a lot of this has to do with how bad Andy Reid has been this year. He is just consistently inconsistent with the playcalling and game plan which has made this team completely inconsistent. If you're ranking the Eagles based on their season performance overall, then yes #6 is too high. Where you have them at #8 or #9 is probably about right amongst the playoff teams, and then New England would be ahead of them if this was a ranking of the whole NFL. BUT if you are ranking the Eagles based on potential then #6 seems very fair to me.Talent wise and ability wise, this team CAN be as good as anyone right now. I wouldn't put it past the Eagles to win easily against Minnesota and then go up to the Meadowlands and knock the Giants off, giving them a shot in the NFC championship game. Then again I wouldn't be suprised if they throw the ball 50 times this week, let Peterson go for 150, and lose an ugly game to Minnesota. Their potential is high, their consistency is not.

Finally. Someone who gets what these rankings are about! :music_guitarred: It was like pulling teeth.

Watching the Eagles from week to week proves the ability for a team to change from week to week.

I don't think it proves this. I just think they aren't that great of a team. At the high point they are a top 5 team. At a low point they are a middle of the pack team (12-15). That doesn't mean you rank them at their high point. If the rankings were "the most potentially dangerous teams in the playoffs" then I wouldn't have a problem.

But overall their ability to suck at any given time factors in just as much as their ability to look great at any given time.

I ranked them at 8 and thought I was being generous by a spot or so. I would look at rankings by the best teams in order of winning the SB. To me the Eagles cannot because I don't see them stringing that many good games together without having a stinker. It hasn't happened this year, so I am doubting it happens in the playoffs, vs. better competition.

Finally. Someone who gets what these rankings are about! :cheers: It was like pulling teeth.

If potential was what these rankings are about then why don't you just add potential to the title of this thread, so everyone understands that?

:banana:

Your the one that makes it hard.

If potential was what these rankings are about then why don't you just add potential to the title of this thread, so everyone understands that?

:cheers:

Your the one that makes it hard.

The description in my first post makes it perfectly clear what they are based on.

You're just not bright enough to understand it.

Also, in your rankings, you only have the Eagles two spots lower. You act like we're world's apart on it.

I also agree that the Eagles will most-likely not be able to string enough wins together to win the Super Bowl. It's just that I don't see any of the teams I ranked below them being any more capable than Philly is.

Philly has no business being ahead of baltimore. Balt only lost to teams with at least 12 wins and smoked Phily 36-7. As inconsistent as Philly is, they shouldnt be above 8th or 9th.

1. Carolina - balanced, heathy and the SB champ imo

2. NYG

3. Indy

4. Steelers - Would be #2 if Ben was healthy.

5. Titans

6. Chargers - Very hot an had aot of bad luck early with ast second losses

7. Ravens

8. Falcons

9. Eagles

10. Dolphins

11. Vikings

12. Cards

You do realize that this is the 'playoff edition' don't you? :banana:

Last I checked, New England, the Jets, and Denver will be home with your Seahawks watching the Eagles play next week.

Oh, and congratulations on securing the fourth overall pick in the draft. :blink: Nice season.

Hey, I'm very greatful you guys mercifully ended America's Abortion's season for us. I think you have a good shot at beating Minny, but that's where your season ends.

That being said, I'd rather be a Seahawk's fan going into this offseason. We have the #4 pick, a new direction for the franchise, and hopefully we'll get a little luckier with the injuries next season.

You guys have to deal with the whole McNabb/Reid thing. If your offseason is status quo, you'll have another season like this next year. At least the future is wide open for us :angry:

And again, congratulations on the win Sunday!

Hey, I'm very greatful you guys mercifully ended America's Abortion's season for us. I think you have a good shot at beating Minny, but that's where your season ends.

That being said, I'd rather be a Seahawk's fan going into this offseason. We have the #4 pick, a new direction for the franchise, and hopefully we'll get a little luckier with the injuries next season.

You guys have to deal with the whole McNabb/Reid thing. If your offseason is status quo, you'll have another season like this next year. At least the future is wide open for us :headbanger:

And again, congratulations on the win Sunday!

The seabags are about as far away from contending as anyone outside of Michigan or the Bay area. :first:

You guys have to deal with the whole McNabb/Reid thing. If your offseason is status quo, you'll have another season like this next year. At least the future is wide open for us :headbanger:

While I appreciate the vote of confidence regarding the Minnesota game, the sentiment that you'd rather be a 4-12 team with a good draft pick than a playoff team is a bit ridiculous. By that standard, Detroit is in the best shape of all.

Also, injuries didn't hit Seattle as hard as their fans want to say they did. You did lose a lot of receivers, but your receiving core is nothing to write home about to begin with. Branch and Burleson are average, at best. It's not like you lost a Calvin Johnson or Steve Smith. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they use he #4 pick on a receiver. Hasselback seems to be a slightly older version of Romo. That is, a guy who was highly regarded when he was young who just never got any better.

I do agree that your team is in better shape than a lot of 4-win teams, especially in the AFC West. Even a slight improvement can get you back in the driver seat out there. Warner seemed to age five years in the last five weeks.

As far as the Eagles' offseason goes, they need a power back and another lineman. The defense is solid. Of course, they could always use a big receiver, but Desean Jackson looks like a playmaker. Not sure what the 'McNabb/Reid' thing is, but everyone was saying the NFC East (as well as the NFC, in general) was between the Giants and Cowboys going into the season. I'm not sure why you think making the playoffs, whether we advance or not, is anything but a great season. I didn't see too many 'experts' predicting a playoff spot for Philly.

McNabb is probably healthier than he's been in three years. He's not old by QB standards. Westbrook is a concern. He's not old either, but he's injury prone and heavily used. His football-age is probably older than his actual age. I think Buckhalter could step in and nearly duplicate westbrook's effectiveness (assuming he can stay healthy, of course).

I know the goal is to win the Super Bowl, but the season is not considered a failure for the other 31 teams. If you can make the playoffs, especially in the NFC East, you've had a great season. I believe that's the goal.

As an Eagles fan, I'm thrilled to death that we're in the playoffs and not the winners of the #4 overall pick. That seems like it would be easy to get.

While I appreciate the vote of confidence regarding the Minnesota game, the sentiment that you'd rather be a 4-12 team with a good draft pick than a playoff team is a bit ridiculous. By that standard, Detroit is in the best shape of all.

Also, injuries didn't hit Seattle as hard as their fans want to say they did. You did lose a lot of receivers, but your receiving core is nothing to write home about to begin with. Branch and Burleson are average, at best. It's not like you lost a Calvin Johnson or Steve Smith. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they use he #4 pick on a receiver. Hasselback seems to be a slightly older version of Romo. That is, a guy who was highly regarded when he was young who just never got any better.

I do agree that your team is in better shape than a lot of 4-win teams, especially in the AFC West. Even a slight improvement can get you back in the driver seat out there. Warner seemed to age five years in the last five weeks.

Hasselbeck and Seattle won 5 playoff games in the last 4 years and went to the Superbowl. Romo did not. So I don't think it's a fair comparison. And Seattle doesn't have an Owens to fluff up a QB's stats.

Injuries to WR were brutal. But don't gloss over the many games that Hasselbeck missed and that our starting RB Mo Morris missed. Nobody can escape those kind of injuries to an offense and realistically survive.

I'm happy to have the high draft picks as I expect 10+ wins next year. But the offseason is just starting for us, so we will see.

Hasselbeck and Seattle won 5 playoff games in the last 4 years and went to the Superbowl. Romo did not. So I don't think it's a fair comparison. And Seattle doesn't have an Owens to fluff up a QB's stats.

Injuries to WR were brutal. But don't gloss over the many games that Hasselbeck missed and that our starting RB Mo Morris missed. Nobody can escape those kind of injuries to an offense and realistically survive.

I'm happy to have the high draft picks as I expect 10+ wins next year. But the offseason is just starting for us, so we will see.

I'm actually happy that you're optimistic about next year and I would be too if I were you. Other than Cincinnati, I think Seattle is the 'bad team' from 2008 who has the best chance to be good in 2009.

I just took objection to the ridiculous premise that Seattle's in better shape this offseeason than a Philadelphia team who already has exceeded expectations.

As far as the Eagles' offseason goes, they need a power back and another lineman. The defense is solid. Of course, they could always use a big receiver, but Desean Jackson looks like a playmaker. Not sure what the 'McNabb/Reid' thing is, but everyone was saying the NFC East (as well as the NFC, in general) was between the Giants and Cowboys going into the season. I'm not sure why you think making the playoffs, whether we advance or not, is anything but a great season. I didn't see too many 'experts' predicting a playoff spot for Philly.

McNabb is probably healthier than he's been in three years. He's not old by QB standards. Westbrook is a concern. He's not old either, but he's injury prone and heavily used. His football-age is probably older than his actual age. I think Buckhalter could step in and nearly duplicate westbrook's effectiveness (assuming he can stay healthy, of course).

I know the goal is to win the Super Bowl, but the season is not considered a failure for the other 31 teams. If you can make the playoffs, especially in the NFC East, you've had a great season. I believe that's the goal.

As an Eagles fan, I'm thrilled to death that we're in the playoffs and not the winners of the #4 overall pick. That seems like it would be easy to get.

Hey you put any positive spin you can on a 4 win season. I just think it'll be interesting to see what happens with McNabb and Reid.

While I don't agree with all your statements, you still make valid arguments (well except for the Hass/Romo comparison).

Also, Tuptupu has been banged up all year and has missed games, Kerney missed most the season, our starting corners were playing with broken bones. The last two games of the year none of our starting o-linemen were playing. The injuries extended WAY past the WR's.

All being said, good luck on Sunday. Should be a good game

Actually, we laugh at people like you who take the rankings way too seriously. He's an Eagles fan and therefore will have them ranked as such, sometimes deservingly so, sometimes not. Just go with it chico.

Oh and by the way...regular season records don't matter come playoff time! Everyone knows that...well, apparently not everyone! :thumbsdown:

:thumbsdown: