Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

League MVP

Because this one is gear toward River? :dunno:

Yeah, why don't we start a separate thread about MVP for Manning, Warner, Turner, Deangelo Williams, Rivers, etc instead of having the discussion in one thread. :pointstosky:

Yeah, why don't we start a separate thread about MVP for Manning, Warner, Turner, Deangelo Williams, Rivers, etc instead of having the discussion in one thread. :first:

:thumbsup:

Unbelievable what some folks will pull on this bored. Rivers for MVP......seriously???? :banana:

I am sure most sports writers will struggle to forget the image of Rivers talking smack on the sidelines.

Rivers will have to throw 10,000 yards in one season to garner the honor.

In short - no one wants to vote for a d!ck for MVP.

just sayin. <_<

Unbelievable what some folks will pull on this bored. Rivers for MVP......seriously???? <_<

Hey they did win 4 games in a row to get that trash team into the playoffs

Anyone that beats Oakland, Denver, KC and a Tampa team that fell apart warrants an MVP vote :rolleyes:

Phil Rivers? For MVP?

<_<

The Chargers front office probably STILL wishes they had kept Drew Brees.

This is a cool clip!

You can see highlights of all SIX times the Botls picked Manning in ONE game. :P

You can also see when the Bolts beat the colts in their last game at the RCA Dome. :thumbsup:

You can see when the Chargers eliminated the Colts from the playoffs last year. :rolleyes:

You can see the Colt's kryptonite- D. Sproles return a punt and a kickoff back for TDs. <_<

You can see highlights of the the last 3 out of 5 games that the Bolts beat the Chargers. B)

Just kidding...you can't see all that in this clip. But I like the clip!!!!

This is a cool clip!

You can see highlights of all SIX times the Botls picked Manning in ONE game.

You can also see when the Bolts beat the colts in their last game at the RCA Dome. B)

You can see when the Chargers eliminated the Colts from the playoffs last year. :thumbsup:

You can see the Colt's kryptonite- D. Sproles return a punt and a kickoff back for TDs. <_<

You can see highlights of the the last 3 out of 5 games that the Bolts beat the Chargers. :P

Just kidding...you can't see all that in this clip. But I like the clip!!!!

How about a clip showing that no one in Vegas likes the Chargers? :rolleyes:

How about a clip showing that no one in Vegas likes the Chargers? :dunno:

No one ever likes the Chargers to beat Indy. I am not saying that the Bolts will beat Indy this time. But I am saying that the Chargers are always over-looked when they play Indy. The Chargers have proven they can beat Indy but no one remembers that.

No one ever likes the Chargers to beat Indy. I am not saying that the Bolts will beat Indy this time. But I am saying that the Chargers are always over-looked when they play Indy. The Chargers have proven they can beat Indy but no one remembers that.

I remember it and never forget it! I hate playing the chargers....I wanted Denver damn it! So you got my vote! I don't overlook them. I would of rather played Pitts the first game.

Phil Rivers? For MVP?

:pointstosky:

The Chargers front office probably STILL wishes they had kept Drew Brees.

probably the stupidest statement possibly ever made.

Rivers beats Brees in EVERY stat across the board, oh except yards, but thats because Brees tossed the ball 635 times compared Rivers 478

Guess what he also beats Manning in EVERY stat across the board

If people can argue for Brees to be MVP then Rivers should get some votes without a doubt.

BTW this week proved who the ###### and retard in the AFC west is and it starts with Chokler

Yeah, the QB for the most talented assembly of players in the NFL, who barely snuck into the playoffs with an 8-8 record.

He was one loss away from being the league's biggest disappointment. You could put Drew Henson at quarterback on a team with LT, Sproles, Gates, V. Jackson, and Chambers and he could get eight wins.

I doubt he will be in serious consideration for the NFL MVP, but he was definitely a stud for Fantasy Leagues, peaking during the playoff run with great performances. I rode him all year in an NFL Fantasy redraft league and he was a significant factor in the championship game.

So I do feel the love for Rivers, but the reality of the situation is that he will be overlooked.

Let's see...missing the pro bowl or league MVP. I think both are wrong, but league MVP would be less of a sham than the pro bowl snub, that is just ridiculous. He is clearly a better QB than Cutler or Favre, but MVP may be stretching it a bit.

probably the stupidest statement possibly ever made.

Rivers beats Brees in EVERY stat across the board, oh except yards, but thats because Brees tossed the ball 635 times compared Rivers 478

Guess what he also beats Manning in EVERY stat across the board

If people can argue for Brees to be MVP then Rivers should get some votes without a doubt.

BTW this week proved who the ###### and retard in the AFC west is and it starts with Chokler

Are you confusing fantasy football with actual football? Because when it comes to an actual winning team, stats hardly matter at all.

Brees won just as many games as Rivers did this year, but with a much crappier cast around him. The Saints without Brees would probably have been a 5 or 6 win team; the Chargers without Rivers would have been at least an 8 win team. Brees is a winner and Rivers is not. HTH.

Are you confusing fantasy football with actual football? Because when it comes to an actual winning team, stats hardly matter at all.

Brees won just as many games as Rivers did this year, but with a much crappier cast around him. The Saints without Brees would probably have been a 5 or 6 win team; the Chargers without Rivers would have been at least an 8 win team. Brees is a winner and Rivers is not. HTH.

uh...Rivers took the Chargers to the AFC championship last year with a bad leg and a banged up team. I didn't see Brees there....

uh...Rivers took the Chargers to the AFC championship last year with a bad leg and a banged up team. I didn't see Brees there....

First off, the Chargers last year were ridiculously talent-laden, and it was primarily LT who took them that far, not Rivers. Now that LT is not quite his former self, Rivers can't get them wins. Secondly, Brees turning a 3-13 Saints team to 10-6 playoff team in 2006 was a much more impressive feat. Point is, having Brees on your team translates to wins, whereas having Rivers on your team obviously does not. He has no leadership skills.

First off, the Chargers last year were ridiculously talent-laden, and it was primarily LT who took them that far, not Rivers. Now that LT is not quite his former self, Rivers can't get them wins. Secondly, Brees turning a 3-13 Saints team to 10-6 playoff team in 2006 was a much more impressive feat. Point is, having Brees on your team translates to wins, whereas having Rivers on your team obviously does not. He has no leadership skills.

I think LT was on the sidelines most of the game against the Colts when Rivers beat them in Indy last year...just sayin. Everyone in the league or fans not of the Chargers hate Rivers, but his teammates love him because he is a leader, a brash one, but a leader. I still see Brees and the Saints out of the post season, and Rivers and the Chargers in it.

I still see Brees and the Saints out of the post season, and Rivers and the Chargers in it.

Calm down son. Tavaras Jackson is in, too.

I still see Brees and the Saints out of the post season, and Rivers and the Chargers in it.

They finished with the same record. With that same record, the Saints finished at the bottom of a good division, and the Chargers lucked into the top spot of an extremely crappy division. The Chargers are a MUCH more talented and balanced team as well, so they really shouldn't even be on the same playing field.

Brees has less talent?

Colston, Lance Moore, Reggie Bush, Pierre Thomas, Henderson, Shockey/Miller

vs

Jackson, a non existant Chambers, no WR3, a declining LT, Sproles, Gates

and a horrible Oline.

Also, the SD def was near the bottom as was the Saints.

Right now they are about the same guy, both would put up similar stats depending on what offense they were in.

Brees has 0 playoff wins

Rivers has 2

Brees has less talent?

Colston, Lance Moore, Reggie Bush, Pierre Thomas, Henderson, Shockey/Miller

vs

Jackson, a non existant Chambers, no WR3, a declining LT, Sproles, Gates

and a horrible Oline.

Also, the SD def was near the bottom as was the Saints.

Right now they are about the same guy, both would put up similar stats depending on what offense they were in.

Brees has 0 playoff wins

Rivers has 2

Hate to break it to you, but Chambers is a helluva lot more talented than Lance Moore. Rivers chooses to make Chamber ' non existant', while Brees gets teh most out of his talent.

Is it beginning to make sense now?

Hate to break it to you, but Chambers is a helluva lot more talented than Lance Moore. Rivers chooses to make Chamber ' non existant', while Brees gets teh most out of his talent.

Is it beginning to make sense now?

so what your saying is Rivers threw a ton of picks because he wasnt throwing to Chambers? oh thats right, maybe he surveys the field and just throws it to the most open player.

that argument means nothing. Lance Moore became a threat because he was a great checkdown rec ala Welker.

dont get my wrong I love Brees, hes my 2nd favorite QB in the league, but the Chargers did not make the wrong decision in that matter, its a true win-win

The chargers going 8-8 is not a direct result of his play. The guy is the highest rated passer this year. This is a team sport and the Chargers Defensive have been horrendous all season.

Anyone seen River's numbers?

QB rating - 105.5 *no one is even close, Pennington a distant 2nd at 97.4.

Passing Yards - 4009

TD Passes - 34 *Tie with Brees for the league leader

INT - 11 *this is ranked at the bottom of the league

Here's the things that really caught my eye.

His passing yards per attempt is 8.4. The highest in the league, but yet his completion ratio in the top 5 at 65.3. This says 2 things. The guy is extremely accurate and he's making great reads on defense.

How can Brees even be mentioned ahead of Rivers is beyond me. The Chargers are in the playoffs winning their last 5 games. 2 of these winnings are on their final possessions.

I can name 3 games this year where Brees threw an INT on his final possession to end the game.

I can also name 3 games this year where Rivers threw TD or drove his team down the field to win the game.

Brees is better than Rivers. Period.

Not saying that will still be true in a year or two, but as of right now, it's a no brainer. Rivers has all the tools (to go along wuith all the weapons as teammates), but he's a bit of a mental-midget. When he grows up, he could be a real good one.

Brees is better than Rivers. Period.

Not saying that will still be true in a year or two, but as of right now, it's a no brainer. Rivers has all the tools (to go along wuith all the weapons as teammates), but he's a bit of a mental-midget. When he grows up, he could be a real good one.

you are confusing him with Cutlet

you are confusing him with Cutlet

They are very similar at this point. Great talents who are immature. (hopefully it's just immaturity and not permanent character flaws)

The only difference is surrounding-talent.

Rivers got more wins out of Chargers than Brees did.

Let's see...missing the pro bowl or league MVP. I think both are wrong, but league MVP would be less of a sham than the pro bowl snub, that is just ridiculous. He is clearly a better QB than Cutler or Favre, but MVP may be stretching it a bit.

I think I'm a better QB than Favre.

They are very similar at this point. Great talents who are immature. (hopefully it's just immaturity and not permanent character flaws)

The only difference is surrounding-talent.

the are not similar. Cutlet talks ###### in the midst of choking

Rivers talks ###### only when winning. I havent heard about 1 bad thing from Rivers THIS season. Hell Rivers didnt even take the chance to kick the Broncos when they were down.

maybe he grew up during the playoffs last year, cause since playoffs 08 started he has been a top 5 QB around the league