Sign in to follow this  
cblue

Charges Win

The only reason this was even close was because the Bolts dropped 4 interceptions, fumbled at the goaline and threw a pick in the endzone.

The Bolts OWN the Colts (AGAIN)! :headbanger:

When will everyone outside of San Diego realize that???? :wall:

Enjoy your win...and by the way, how many SB titles do you have?

Maybe it was also close because you had 5 punts inside the 5 yd line?

Haha!

We already beat the Colts with 6 interceptions in one game. We already beat the Colts with a punt return for 6 and a Kick off return for 6 in one game. Its been so easy for us we decided to let the punter in on the fun. :headbanger:

Isn't this part of the game?

Isn't this part of the game?

Absolutely...I was referring to his, it wouldn't of been close without x, y, and z. Making the same point you are.

Counting rings? LMAO! Dallas owns you so how many SB titles do you have?

why do so many of their fans call them the Charges? Ive seen it quite a bit..is that part of the FFT secret lingo?....charges?....

As a Colts fan I wanted no part of the Bolts. They are as loaded as any team and Norv is the only thing really holding them back in my opinion.

I said a big 'Ah, Crap' as soon as I knew Denver choked.

Props to Bolts fans - your team made the most of second chances. Personally I will be rooting for you against Tennessee or Pittsburgh.

As a Colts fan I wanted no part of the Bolts. They are as loaded as any team and Norv is the only thing really holding them back in my opinion.

I said a big 'Ah, Crap' as soon as I knew Denver choked.

Props to Bolts fans - your team made the most of second chances. Personally I will be rooting for you against Tennessee or Pittsburgh.

It was a good game- always is when we play each other!

Chargers have Peyton's number. It's uncanny.

SD fans should be hoping for a Miami win tomorrow. I think SD stands a better chance against Tennessee than Pitt. The Steelers would embarass the Chargers imo. Bad matchup for the Bolts.

Chargers have Peyton's number. It's uncanny.

SD fans should be hoping for a Miami win tomorrow. I think SD stands a better chance against Tennessee than Pitt. The Steelers would embarass the Chargers imo. Bad matchup for the Bolts.

Hey! None of that, tonight we celebrate. Tomorrow we worry about our next victim. :pointstosky:

Not surprised...the Chargers match up well with the Colts.

Manning actually played better than Rivers did. Sproles and the Chargers' punter made the difference.

Solid game. :pointstosky:

no rbs = no rivers. and the refs focked the colts.

Is there a Flipper to English translator in the house?

The refs threw some flags but they appeared justified. Was there a specific call you had heartburn with?

Take away that long TD by Manning and this game is a blowout!

17-10 is a blowout? :pointstosky:

Not surprised...the Chargers match up well with the Colts.

Manning actually played better than Rivers did. Sproles and the Chargers' punter made the difference.

Solid game. :pointstosky:

well, maybe boomer called it this morning on countdown: "well, let's see....they go 14-2 and can't win a playoff game; then they go 11-5 and win two playoff games; now they're 8-8...can they win 4 playoff games??!!"

;) :banana:

17-10 is a blowout? :pointstosky:

It was a momentum killer. Without that play, I think the Bolts would have kept rollin' and put up a lot more points.

It was a momentum killer. Without that play, I think the Bolts would have kept rollin' and put up a lot more points.

i dont follow the 'would have kept rolling' notion: after that TD bomb to wayne, the chargers did roll a long drive, ~7-8 mins, that ended with sproles making it to the goalline for a near TD only to have the fumble occur. that's about as maximum an outcome [goalline TD] to a drive following an opponent score you can get.

my being unnerved at the game was that neither team really made the killshot play to finish the opponent [colts more so than chargers]. indy had 3 major chances to ice it, whether after long drives or tough punts leading to tougher field position, yet simply could not do so. diego had the balance all game long, running well with sproles and playing superior special teams for field position; yet, they themselves matched indy's 40% 3rd down conversion rate, and could not string together the simple pass plays to their receivers when needed [where was the lob pass to vincent jackson or chris chambers? the indy safeties were certainly playing deep, as shown by the one attempt at a TD leading to an INT, but with increased opportunities those physical receivers also draw flags and make spectacular plays].

my letdown was that neither qb played up to the level i had seen over the past 4-8 weeks. i've preached and agreed all year that this was philip rivers team now, not tomlinson's. his passing makes them go, and his play this year was certainly levels above his prior seasons. manning was hurt and slowed this year early, but came on like fire the past 9 wins and his game was razor sharp prior to tonight. neither guy showed the throws or made as many plays as that prior stretch. then again, its the playoffs, and defenses win titles, and both units did great jobs slowing and throttling the opposing qbs.

The Bolts are like the Browns of the 80's or the Bills in 90's....all that talent and they'll never have anything to show for it. Alot of "if only" or "what coulda been".

I'll give them credit though, they did win a tough division and they had a stellar record this year?!

I think the football gods punish them for Rivers being such an asshat.

The Bolts are like the Browns of the 80's or the Bills in 90's....all that talent and they'll never have anything to show for it. Alot of "if only" or "what coulda been".

I'll give them credit though, they did win a tough division and they had a stellar record this year?!

I think the football gods punish them for Rivers being such an asshat.

At least your not telling me that the Colts are a better team than the Bolts. I've heard enough of that....and once AGAIN the Bolts have proved that line of thinking wrong.

And there can be only one! Every year 31 teams end up saying, "what if" and "what coulda been". I would rather be a team full of talent that has a chance to win the Superbowl than a team with no talent that doesn't make the playoffs. Follow me?

Maybe the football gods are punishing Manning for taking that MVP trophy when he didn't deserve it. That asshat (Rivers) owns Manning! :(

At least your not telling me that the Colts are a better team than the Bolts. I've heard enough of that....and once AGAIN the Bolts have proved that line of thinking wrong.

And there can be only one! Every year 31 teams end up saying, "what if" and "what coulda been". I would rather be a team full of talent that has a chance to win the Superbowl than a team with no talent that doesn't make the playoffs. Follow me?

Maybe the football gods are punishing Manning for taking that MVP trophy when he didn't deserve it. That asshat (Rivers) owns Manning! :(

Bolts have mad talent!! They simply need a coach that can push their buttons when it matters most. They have had very good HC's in Turner, Schott, hell even back to Correal, but they've never had that coach to push them over the top.

BTW....best Charger ever......Wes Chandler, loved that guy. Human highlight film!

Now that we have put the Colts back in there place. We are on to round two of the Playoffs.

"After their slow start, the Chargers are now the dangerous Super Bowl contender they were expected to be.

Neither the Pittsburgh Steelers nor the Tennessee Titans would be thrilled to meet this team. Pittsburgh won in the final seconds at home against San Diego in November and the Chargers beat the Titans twice in 2007, including in the playoffs.

San Diego is playing as well as any team in the league right now. And Saturday's play from players such as Sproles and Scifres showed it is a total team effort."

Show me your Lightning Bolt!

Finally got a chance to watch the first 3 quarters of the game (got home start of 4th I believe).

That punter was sick. Dont know much about him other then it sounds like their team talks him up, but he was SICK.

And then sproles? wtf.

I see how he does it, I just cant believe it. I wonder how long he could last? Im sure the playoffs (well youd hope :( ), but if he is durable he will be one HELL of a weapon for a while.

How about this cblue, if the Chargers win the bowl, which it seems like if they do it will be partially on the back of sproles in some capacity), do the Chargers bring him back? And if so, at the expense of LT?

Now that we have put the Colts back in there place. We are on to round two of the Playoffs.

"After their slow start, the Chargers are now the dangerous Super Bowl contender they were expected to be.

Neither the Pittsburgh Steelers nor the Tennessee Titans would be thrilled to meet this team. Pittsburgh won in the final seconds at home against San Diego in November and the Chargers beat the Titans twice in 2007, including in the playoffs.

San Diego is playing as well as any team in the league right now. And Saturday's play from players such as Sproles and Scifres showed it is a total team effort."

HA, just watched that interview from you link....now thats one awkward ass interview! From both ends really....

Great game, incredible finish. A lot of fun to watch. Sproles had 328 all-purpose yards, but I'll tell you what . . . Scifres is the player of the game, in my mind. Every punt was exceptional. Think about that. There wasn't one time that he punted where the commentators spoke about the returner or glossed over it with a note. The first two were 55+ yards, and then he sends the 3rd 67 yards! Can't outdo himself? He puts the next four inside the 15, with 2 of them inside the 5. Amazing!

I like both these teams, but I'm glad Indy made the early exit. This season has felt as though they were getting by with a bit of chutzpah.

Good job by the Chargers! Congrats to their fans, who I'm sure are very much enjoying the moment.

Haha!

We already beat the Colts with 6 interceptions in one game. We already beat the Colts with a punt return for 6 and a Kick off return for 6 in one game. Its been so easy for us we decided to let the punter in on the fun. :headbanger:

Still waiting for the answer to: "What have the Chargers done in their lives besides nothing?" Cheap bastard owners and SOFT players like LT do NOT a Champion make.

Manning = SB Champ: Chargers = NOTHING accomplished ever in their history. They are SO bad that Eli wouldnt even play there. Oh yeah, Eli has a RING too! hahahahahaha

:overhead: :pointstosky:

Playing well? Rivers sucked that whole game. LT is a freegin little girl with his sore groin. Tough it out. The Chargers are a SOFT team and their coach is a bonafide LOSER. Good Luck!

Bolts will be the SB loser. This team is far better than its record and has talent and balance across the board. I think they will handle both Pitt and Tenn and then succumb to the NFC champ - the Panthers.

Finally got a chance to watch the first 3 quarters of the game (got home start of 4th I believe).

That punter was sick. Dont know much about him other then it sounds like their team talks him up, but he was SICK.

And then sproles? wtf.

I see how he does it, I just cant believe it. I wonder how long he could last? Im sure the playoffs (well youd hope :banana: ), but if he is durable he will be one HELL of a weapon for a while.

How about this cblue, if the Chargers win the bowl, which it seems like if they do it will be partially on the back of sproles in some capacity), do the Chargers bring him back? And if so, at the expense of LT?

He is not an everydown back. I don't think he can carry the ball 300+ times in a season. That being said, AJ Smith is not going to pay him top RB money. What does a team pay a great change of pace back that can handle the load for a handful of games? I guessing that no other team is gonna give him top RB money either and that will help the Bolts hang on to him. Sproles does deserve a hell of a raise though.

No one has brought it up, but LT leaving is a possibility. After all, Emmit left Dallas. Personally, I think LT will return in a limited roll and the Bolts will feature a true RBBC in 2009.

Still waiting for the answer to: "What have the Chargers done in their lives besides nothing?" Cheap bastard owners and SOFT players like LT do NOT a Champion make.

Manning = SB Champ: Chargers = NOTHING accomplished ever in their history. They are SO bad that Eli wouldnt even play there. Oh yeah, Eli has a RING too! hahahahahaha

:banana: :banana:

Nice try. :banana: