Sign in to follow this  
Know Doubt

Who is the last True Power Hitter?

It sucks for Griffey to have had all these roid users as his contemporaries and largely dominating the headlines so much of the time.

We really don't know that even Griffey didn't use at some pointin his career. :lol:

Griffey Jr.

I hope these roid headlines will give his 89 upper deck rookie card a bit of a boost. :lol:

We really don't know that even Griffey didn't use at some pointin his career. :lol:

This is true, he may have, but given the length of his career and his numbers you'd think his name would have come up a little more in the scuttlebutt. I don't really follow baseball much and maybe it has and I just haven't heard it. Plus he never really had the physique that would indicate it in my mind.

This is true, he may have, but given the length of his career and his numbers you'd think his name would have come up a little more in the scuttlebutt. I don't really follow baseball much and maybe it has and I just haven't heard it. Plus he never really had the physique that would indicate it in my mind.

I hope he didn't and doubt he did. But we don't know. Steroids was used a whole lot to try and recover from injuries more than trying to look like a body builder. Griffy was injured alot. It is possible considering how many others were doing it.

I hope he didn't and doubt he did. But we don't know. Steroids was used a whole lot to try and recover from injuries more than trying to look like a body builder. Griffy was injured alot. It is possible considering how many others were doing it.

I don't know what injuries people think steroids cause but most Griffey's injuries came about from collisions with walls and diving for fly balls etc. :lol:

I don't know what injuries people think steroids cause but most Griffey's injuries came about from collisions with walls and diving for fly balls etc. :lol:

I don't think he's saying the injuries were caused by steroids but that they might have potentially been used to speed up recovery time.

No, I meant to imply that because he was hurt a lot, he would be tempted to use certain roids to help in recovery. Not that steroids caused the injuries themselves.

No, I meant to imply that because he was hurt a lot, he would be tempted to use certain roids to help in recovery. Not that steroids caused the injuries themselves.

That is the ONLY reason Andy Pettite and Rodney Harrison used HGH. To come back faster from injuries to help their teammates

I don't know what injuries people think steroids cause but most Griffey's injuries came about from collisions with walls and diving for fly balls etc. :rolleyes:

he's had a few hamstring issues as well.

Does steroid usage have a positive effect on bat speed or hand-eye coordination?

They get these bug eyed, monster peepers. A hawk would be jealous of the ability to see things from such an amplified perspective. They can see right through the glove of the pitcher and know ahead of time what kind of grip he is applying to the ball.

Hand eye? Not only can they rotate their wrists quicker and more powerfully through the ball, they can now score a million points in Donkey Kong and whack themselves off in less than 30 seconds. At the same time.

Hand eye? Not only can they rotate their wrists quicker and more powerfully through the ball, they can now score a million points in Donkey Kong and whack themselves off in less than 30 seconds. At the same time.

When i was 14 i could do this without PED's . I guess thats why i got banned from Pinball Pete's Arcade. :rolleyes:

That is the ONLY reason Andy Pettite and Rodney Harrison used HGH. To come back faster from injuries to help their teammates

Exactly! It's their unselfishness that makes them such admirable people.

Not sure he was mentioned - and I know jack-squat about him - but Josh Gibson may very well be the best pure slugger in baseball history - and likely the best there ever will be.

fred mcgriff.....

wouldnt have been able to rock out with the tom emansky hitting clinic hat if his head was getting bigger....

I'm surprised no one has suggested Manny. Given his complete inability to care about anything, I wouldn't be surprised if he is clean.

As for Griffy... roids, while using them, help you recover and stay healthy. His career seems to fit a more normal pattern. I think he's clean.