Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

Braylon Edwards 2009

Edwards was a stud in 2007 but disappointed in 2008. With a new OC and a good chance DA leaves town and Quinn becomes the starter, what is the outlook for Edwards in 2009? You have to think the Browns will address the O-line issues in the off season.

Lots of dropped passes.

This was my first thought. Last year he wasn't even a good #2 WR, I was planning on staying away from him this year. I will only draft him as a BU.

I think he's got an awful lot of upside compared to other WR's that will be available at the same time. Currently CBS has him ranked #26 just ahead of Santana Moss and just behind Steve Breaston. PULEASE! That's ridiculous.

I think he's a great #2 with potential for #1 WR numbers. I don't care about his drops last year, I'll take him as a #2 WR this year, and if I can get him as my #3, I'll be overjoyed. I like Quinn next year and believe he raises Braylon's stock.

I think that Braylon is a good buy low candidate in next year's draft.

I'm on board with Edwards for 2009. Last year was in the past. He was targeted 138 times which tied him at #8 in the league. The boy has talent and is the #1 option for the team. Just hope he works hard this offseason on correcting the drops. I'm an optimist. I'd be very very happy with him as my #2 WR 2009.

NOTE TO EDWARDS - no screwing around barefoot

I think that Braylon is a good buy low candidate in next year's draft.

:overhead:

this fantasy football stratergery stuff ain't that hard really.

guys like Braylon Edwards and TJ Housh will be undervalued.

guys like Larry Fitz and Santonio Holmes will be overvalued.

guys like Braylon Edwards and TJ Housh will be undervalued.

:overhead:

So much talk about the Steelers schedule this year, it's worth noting that Cleveland and Cincy played tougher schedules and get similarly easy schedules next year.

Lots of dropped passes.

He has a standard offer every year to be in Times Square on New Years Eve to drop the ball.

Look at Owens numbers in 1998 and 1999, look at the drop off which could be traced to the uneven QB play (transition from Young to Garcia)...TO's numbers spiked back up in 2000.

Now look at Edwards numbers in 2007 and 2008....very similar ...most of us will get Edwards for a good price this coming year (I already did in 1st draft of 2009)

looks like there is a pretty good split here. Oh, I took my lumps with Edwards last year. Took him in 2 out of 3 leagues.

I'm hoping that Quinn does get the gig, and these two work hard together all off season. Good post force of two :thumbsup:

Look at Owens numbers in 1998 and 1999, look at the drop off which could be traced to the uneven QB play (transition from Young to Garcia)...TO's numbers spiked back up in 2000.

Now look at Edwards numbers in 2007 and 2008....very similar ...most of us will get Edwards for a good price this coming year (I already did in 1st draft of 2009)

But in Clev. last year the uneven QB play was helped immensely by Edwards dropping every ball in sight. I will draft Breaston before BE next year. (If Warner returns)

note: TO had a high ankle sprain that kept him ineffective a lot of the season.

Fool me once...well, you know the rest.

:wall:

winner winner chicken dinner

For me to pick him up he had better sit for a while. I have him around 20

jdon

I like edwards to rebound nicely in 09

where would you draft him in say a 12 team 1 keeper option league? :doh:

probably the 4th or 5th rd :(

that's about what I was thinking - snag say 4 rb's, 1 wr, then Edwards 6th round :(

that's about what I was thinking - snag say 4 rb's, 1 wr, then Edwards 6th round :thumbsup:

WTF kind of league are you in that you're picking up bottom of the barrell RB's before elite WR's?

WTF kind of league are you in that you're picking up bottom of the barrell RB's before elite WR's?

He takes WRs early. He's just being coy because he plays in a league of fftoday geeks.

don't blow my cover Jarvis

He takes WRs early. He's just being coy because he plays in a league of fftoday geeks.

:thumbsdown:

I'm taking the KUTULU stand this year

RB

RB

RB

RB

I think he's got an awful lot of upside compared to other WR's that will be available at the same time. Currently CBS has him ranked #26 just ahead of Santana Moss and just behind Steve Breaston. PULEASE! That's ridiculous.

ASSUMING that Warner resigns AND Boldin is gone, I can see Breaston right there with Braylon in the rankings. I would give Braylon the edge in upside but, I would take Breaston if I already had a stud at WR.

Edwards was a stud in 2007 but disappointed in 2008. With a new OC and a good chance DA leaves town and Quinn becomes the starter, what is the outlook for Edwards in 2009? You have to think the Browns will address the O-line issues in the off season.

If he can develop a rapport with Anderson or Quinn and cut down on his dropped passes, I can see him making a run at his 2007 numbers. I wouldn't give up on him too quickly as I believe he will be undervalued in most drafts.