Sign in to follow this  
BMoney

good ol circuit city...

set to die tonight..i assume thats the same day for all of the others....

what a crapass place...

they still have about 11 sealed olympus e3 digital cameras priced at 1100..are they focking retarded? are the employees getting these? do they send them back....

itll be time to go back in 30 minutes before they die and ask if theyll take x amount for a camera or 3....absolutely NO chance of that.....

what would you clever fockers do?....

I went to my local CC last weekend to see if there was anything worth salvaging, and it was just pathetic. Personally I am glad they are dead, I hate going into that place because its like stepping into compton or something with all of the wiggers working there.

As far as those cameras go, I doubt those prices are negotiable...I also doubt they make it on the truck when the doors are locked for good. You are probably better off hanging around until they close and then finding the employees after work, because I would say they are the ones that are going to steal of that sh1t when they lock it up.

I was the Store Manager of a Circuit City in Nashville, so thanks for your kind comments. I lost my job and my store on February 18th.

To address your concerns on pricing, each store has a liquidator that essentially owns every piece of merchandise in his store. Yes, he can negotiate prices. Yes, stores still have the power to do price adjustments. Since I was already losing my job, I had no qualms about making deals to my regular customers in our final days...without letting my liquidator know.

There is no outbound "truck". Everything must go, so get your ass in there on the final day and start naming your price.

...and I'd like to thank you for shopping at Circuit City; you foaming-at-the-mouth, mangy, leeches who don't give a sh!t about the 34,000 jobs lost.

I was the Store Manager of a Circuit City in Nashville, so thanks for your kind comments. I lost my job and my store on February 18th.

To address your concerns on pricing, each store has a liquidator that essentially owns every piece of merchandise in his store. Yes, he can negotiate prices. Yes, stores still have the power to do price adjustments. Since I was already losing my job, I had no qualms about making deals to my regular customers in our final days...without letting my liquidator know.

There is no outbound "truck". Everything must go, so get your ass in there on the final day and start naming your price.

...and I'd like to thank you for shopping at Circuit City; you foaming-at-the-mouth, mangy, leeches who don't give a sh!t about the 34,000 jobs lost.

:thumbsup:

That had to feel good :doublethumbsup:

what saint said.

CC stopped existing when it entered liquidation. the liquidators then price everything at list price, deduct the discont and you end up taking it in the ass.

sorry to hear about the job loss. how is the search going?

:doublethumbsup:

Well played, SE.

How many people did you screw over by getting them to buy an extended warranty?

Not the answer you're looking for, but Circuit City extended warranties are guaranteed by a third party company; Assurant. In fact, customers could purchase extended warranties throughout the liquidation. In addition, every display and open box item still carries the manufacturer's warranty. I sold a friend of mine a defective 32" Samsung (ln32a550) for $25. Samsung has replaced it with a brand new one. Nobody's getting screwed...

@heavy-set:

The hunt is going well, but I'm in no hurry. Unemployment is on the way so I think I'm going to take a load off for a couple of weeks before making any decisions.

I've got an offer for a similar position in North Carolina making 55k gross. I'm not sure that I want to relocate though.

I've got an offer for a similar position in North Carolina making 55k gross. I'm not sure that I want to relocate though.

:thumbsup:

better to be unemployed -here- rather than employed -there-?

not like it's siberia ffs

:wacko:

better to be unemployed -here- rather than employed -there-?

not like it's siberia ffs

Meh, not when I have to leave my two year old daughter all alone with my can't-keep-other-guys'-######-out-of-me baby momma. :thumbsup:

Meh, not when I have to leave my two year old daughter all alone with my can't-keep-other-guys'-######-out-of-me baby momma. :thumbsdown:

i guess you'll have plenty of time then to start another thread on this new subject (with pics) :thumbsup: :wacko:

Not the answer you're looking for, but Circuit City extended warranties are guaranteed by a third party company; Assurant. In fact, customers could purchase extended warranties throughout the liquidation. In addition, every display and open box item still carries the manufacturer's warranty. I sold a friend of mine a defective 32" Samsung (ln32a550) for $25. Samsung has replaced it with a brand new one. Nobody's getting screwed...

People get screwed because the warranties are generally overpriced and people are stupid to buy them. Sales people (at lots of places, not just Circuit City) know this and talk people into buying them. My comment had nothing to do with Circuit City going out of business.

The hunt is going well, but I'm in no hurry. Unemployment is on the way so I think I'm going to take a load off for a couple of weeks before making any decisions.

NOT smart - the longer you wait the harder it will be. And in this economy you are going to need everyday to find what you want.

Get out there SE

People get screwed because the warranties are generally overpriced and people are stupid to buy them. Sales people (at lots of places, not just Circuit City) know this and talk people into buying them. My comment had nothing to do with Circuit City going out of business.

How many of you insure your phone? It's $5 a month. I know I do...and the majority of people do as well. That's $60 a year.

A four year protection plan on this 52" Sony LCD from Best Buy is $200. That's $50 a year and comes with in home service.

Will you be paying with your Circuit City card today?

How many of you insure your phone? It's $5 a month. I know I do...and the majority of people do as well. That's $60 a year.

A four year protection plan on this 52" Sony LCD from Best Buy is $200. That's $50 a year and comes with in home service.

Will you be paying with your Circuit City card today?

I think the in-store warranties are a bit much but when sh|t does go wrong you're glad you paid for it. Specially

going througha third party who only does that type of work. I always recommend Toshiba laptops because you

can buy a 3yr ext warranty (2yrs ago it was $140)This is my 3rd Toshiba and I run them into the ground so I get

5x that value of the warranty back every time. Not cause their laptops are bad but I just wear em out. best part

is they use local puter repairs around the country for their warranty work, so no packing it up and sending it in.

The eastside Madison CC is going out of business..... 60 percent off their prices were still higher than the prices when you walked across the street to Best Buy.

There were absolutely no deals....

And this with only a week left

I have been in there a few times, found that it felt a little dirty to be picking at the scraps.....I mean, they are selling off ladders, carts, shelves.....power strips....you name it.....

My wife and I are watching two Samsung 46" LCD's right now, no one will buy them because they have some scratches, no remote or manuals etc etc....they are just sitting there with no one wanted them......once the guy is willing to come down another $200 I will buy them both.

I am thinking about making some offers for the reems of cable they have hanging on one wall as I have a design for a home theatre I am working on.

Still, I spent my share in that store, car audio mostly....its wierd to see them die.... :lol:

Sounds just like every black person I know. See if they can go ahead and give you your welfare application when you pick up the unemployment check, you lazy mook. :mad:

Sounds just like every black person I know. See if they can go ahead and give you your welfare application when you pick up the unemployment check, you lazy mook. :dunno:

:overhead:

Sounds just like every black person I know. See if they can go ahead and give you your welfare application when you pick up the unemployment check, you lazy mook. :dunno:

How the fock can you blame him for wanting to take a little rocking chair money? I mean if the government didn't make it so good he'd turn it down and take the job. But why? When Obama extends the benefits to several years it's his only chance to get a piece of the bailout pie.

What the fock happened to CC? There was a time back in the mid-90's when they had zero debt, and owned all of their stores. Best Buy was on the verge of going bankrupt. CC was primed to take over the entire electronics industry. I know that DIVX thing didn't pan out, but fockin-A; within 2 or 3 years, it seems they watched it all go into the shiiter and did nothing about it.

Phil Schoonover.

I worked there from 1990-2000. Can't say I ever heard of that cat.

What's his deal?

The eastside Madison CC is going out of business..... 60 percent off their prices were still higher than the prices when you walked across the street to Best Buy.

There were absolutely no deals....

And this with only a week left

oh..so they dont all end at the same exact time...ours closed friday....

and i feel bad for anyone losing their job..could easily be me..sorry to hear it and good luck to those who have lost theirs...

just was looking for a deal and they refused to come down on the cameras......

I worked there from 1990-2000. Can't say I ever heard of that cat.

What's his deal?

He didn't come over until later...sure we were already on our way by that point, but the conspiracy theorist will tell you that he was a Best Buy plant who came over to put the nail in the coffin. Either way, he sucked it up and completely ruined any chance at a comeback.

He didn't come over until later...sure we were already on our way by that point, but the conspiracy theorist will tell you that he was a Best Buy plant who came over to put the nail in the coffin. Either way, he sucked it up and completely ruined any chance at a comeback.

I think internet purchasing was the downfall. Before websites, customers depended on the salesman (sorry, sales counselor) to provide the information. The thing is, people frown on commissioned sales people, but they (we) really knew their shiit. I personally witnessed sales people schooling the manufacturer's reps. It was hilarious. We really took pride in knowing the product, and what the competition was doing. I had to carry around a goofy binder that stored all this info.

Some of these sales guys made twice as much as the store manager. It wasn't because they cheated the customer, it was because they knew what the customer wanted. This one dude I worked with, had worked at CC for 20 years. He had customers that would not even buy a AA battery from someone other than him. They knew he worked on commission, and they knew he would never steer them wrong. It was the oddest thing. "Is Larry working today?" Uh, no. "OK, we'll be back tomorrow. We only buy from Larry."

I went by the local one earlier, it was pretty sad.

The only thing left was some CD's, and a lot of cables.

As I was walking in some guy was loading up his pickup with a good quantity of steel shelves, someone else was walking out with a filing cabinet......just picking at the bones at this point.

I considered buying a few items, but then decided I would feel a little dirty if I did....so I just left....

I went by the local one earlier, it was pretty sad.

The only thing left was some CD's, and a lot of cables.

As I was walking in some guy was loading up his pickup with a good quantity of steel shelves, someone else was walking out with a filing cabinet......just picking at the bones at this point.

I considered buying a few items, but then decided I would feel a little dirty if I did....so I just left....

it seemed dirty but when you consider that the prices are jacked up...it isnt your fault they died..go get something...

they had temporary price tags where i was..i took 2...$52.84 peso $37 dolla

wtf?.....

not happy they died..im not a huge best buy fan and these places need some competition..but i would do the ray lewis happy dance is target were to die..wont happen..but man, that would be sweet ;)

the prices are jacked up...

I keep hearing this. I guess you have to work in retail to understand just what a good deal is. I've come to the conclusion that if retailers stopped putting on "Sales" and started putting on % off store-wide, they'd do just fine. Consumers are stupid. They'll pass on $30 off a $100 item, but stand in line for %20 off a $100 item.

The liquidators returned every item in the store to MSRP. From that point, they offer percentages off of that MSRP. The prices aren't "jacked up". You just don't know how to spot a good deal when they use a different diction. We had better sales while in business, but consumers were breakin' down the doors as soon as we said 10-30% off the entire store.

Side story:

I was with my assistant manager during one of our final days when a couple asked him take a few bucks off of some batteries. The husband looks as his wife and says "He's loosing his job and you're trying to Jew him out of some more cash?" My assistant manager blinks and says, "Well that would be appropriate cause you see...I'm Jewish." There's an awkward silence, then the couple just turns and walks away. I told them to have a nice day, but they didn't respond. :music_guitarred:

Side story:

I was with my assistant manager during one of our final days when a couple asked him take a few bucks off of some batteries. The husband looks as his wife and says "He's loosing his job and you're trying to Jew him out of some more cash?" My assistant manager blinks and says, "Well that would be appropriate cause you see...I'm Jewish." There's an awkward silence, then the couple just turns and walks away. I told them to have a nice day, but they didn't respond. :music_guitarred:

can size?

security cam pics?

Aint nothing wrong with taking a few weeks off. His next move is going to impact his life in a big way with him possibly relocating, which is never a simple decision. He's being smart about it. I think unemployment in this situation is perfect. If he didn't have that, then he would've had to rush a decision that he didn't have time to weigh and could end up regretting it. I'm guessing he started as a simple employee and he became a store manager through hard work. I doubt he's a lazy person dependent on the gov't.

Amazon is killing retail right now. My brother got a 50inch panasonic plasma for bout $1200 and it included free shipping and no taxes. Same tv at best buy was about $1400 plus 8.75% sales tax. Easy choice.

Side story:

I was with my assistant manager during one of our final days when a couple asked him take a few bucks off of some batteries. The husband looks as his wife and says "He's loosing his job and you're trying to Jew him out of some more cash?" My assistant manager blinks and says, "Well that would be appropriate cause you see...I'm Jewish." There's an awkward silence, then the couple just turns and walks away. I told them to have a nice day, but they didn't respond. :lol:

:pointstosky: LOL!

Maybe you could give me some advice, since you have some time on your hands (sorry ;) )

I am looking to mount a 50"+ TV above my fireplace, had the foresight to have power and cable run to it when the house was being built.....and I think I messed up by not having RCA run to it as well....

My plan is to have just the TV visible above the fireplace, place all the components in the basement: Onkyo receiver, DVD player, DVR, etc etc....

Connect everything into the Onkyo, then run a single cable (digital, RCA or whatever) from the Onkyo to the TV. THen use the IR remote extenders from the family room where the TV will be to the hardware in the basement.

I can then use the Onkyo remote to literally control everything, set up macros and what not.....

I think my main question now is what options for that single connection from the Onkyo to the TV should I consider since it would likely entail a run of cable approx 60-100ft in length, and perhaps even someone fishing it into the TV location....

I didn't realize the employees made the customers buy those things. People had no choiuce, huh?

Sunofabytch, I need a new bulb for my projector, prolly coulda got a steal.

Good luck SE, and for focks sake stuff your suitcase and go to NC, I hear its beautiful cuntry

I didn't realize the employees made the customers buy those things. People had no choiuce, huh?

It's not an extented warranty. It's a focking Performance Guarantee!!!!!!! <_< :ninja:

@heavy-set:

Good for you. I know there are people who are scrambling to find jobs out there, but I think taking time off is wise if you can afford it. It's liberating, and helps put things in perspective.

I was laid off from Home Depot at the end of Jan. I started there 6 yrs ago at the EXPO division, and now all those stores are being closed and everything is being liquidated to the bare walls.

After 2 weeks of doing nothing, I started writing a biz plan, and making calls. Most people kept telling me about the economy, the housing crisis, blah focking blah. But, I knew there was a need and I set out to fill it.

So today, I learned that my newly formed company has been approved as a service provider for an HD competitor.

And, I have a meeting set with my former boss to talk to him about becoming a service provider for HD in 2 weeks.

And, I'm meeting with a regional flooring company that wants me to manage their entire Lowe's and HD business on Friday.

There's much more, but the point is this:

The economy sucks right now, but it will come back. Take time to plan your next move and put yourself in a position to benefit when it does.

Good luck to you.

Hopeful, you never plan to use the fireplace. :music_guitarred:

Nope, we will, just like several of our friends and family. There are ways to make it safe that we have already taken precautions against. ;)