Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Matt Jones

Rotoworld is reporting that he has been arrested for possession of a controlled substance. He finally turned the corner last season and then this offseason he goes out and gets arrested again.

:( <_<

White Trash :(

Not arrested for possession. Sent to jail for violating his parole.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_art...08.43901.125227

Former Arkansas Razorbacks quarterback Matt Jones is in Washington County Jail after admitting that he had been drinking alcohol, a violation of the Drug Court Program he has been participating in

:( Freaking dumbass should have kept his mouth shut, unless they caught him drunk or something.

:( Freaking dumbass should have kept his mouth shut, unless they caught him drunk or something.

He was called in for a random test for drugs or alcohol as part of his parole. He tested positive for alcohol. What's he gonna do, blame it on cough medicine? He admitted to drinking at a golf outing the previous day.

Yes he'll probably get suspended for a few more games this year, but this isn't like a DUI, or a police stop.

He was called in for a random test for drugs or alcohol as part of his parole. He tested positive for alcohol. What's he gonna do, blame it on cough medicine? He admitted to drinking at a golf outing the previous day.

Yes he'll probably get suspended for a few more games this year, but this isn't like a DUI, or a police stop.

Ok, thats not so bad, probably only a 4 game suspension.

Ok, thats not so bad, probably only a 4 game suspension.

and the NFL should be ashamed of themselves for that...wait til he kills himself with a driving accident...

we'd all have lost our jobs already....

and the NFL should be ashamed of themselves for that...wait til he kills himself with a driving accident...

we'd all have lost our jobs already....

Lost our jobs for drinking at a golf outing? I downed a few Sunday afternoon myself. Good thing I'm self employed. That damn 19th hole thing. Sounds like the unemployment rate could skyrocket.

I'm guessing 3-4 games suspended though.

Lost our jobs for drinking at a golf outing? I downed a few Sunday afternoon myself. Good thing I'm self employed. That damn 19th hole thing. Sounds like the unemployment rate could skyrocket.

I'm guessing 3-4 games suspended though.

Difference being that you weren't on probation for cocaine possession.

Difference being that you weren't on probation for cocaine possession.

and i was mainly referring to the prior event where he was spotted cutting coke with a credit card.....maybe self employed is the way to go..but im guessing for those with govt jobs or likewise would likely be canned..

Add "Officially unemployed" to that list.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3984684

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars waived receiver Matt Jones on Monday, parting ways with the former first-round draft pick just days after his latest arrest.

Jones was jailed last week in Arkansas for violating a plea agreement that stemmed from a drug charge in 2008. The 6-foot-6 Jones, a former star quarterback at Arkansas, is awaiting an April 13 court appearance.

He didn't think he was black enough for the WR position -- he's just tryin to get his negro on!

Let's see, Matt Jones has never been charged with any violent act. He "violated" his parole by volunteering the information that he'd drank beer the previous day while golfing. Like a good soldier, he willingly spends the weekend in jail for this "crime," for the sole purpose of showing the team he's committed to attending offseason workouts. His reward from the Jaguars- instant release.

Brandon Marshall has had a number of arrests for more serious, violent offenses. In the past year or so, there have been numerous 911 calls to his residence. He had his suspension from last season reduced to ONE game for no logical reason by "hard liner" Goodell. Meanwhile, a punter whose only "offense" was allegedly getting into a shouting match with a cab driver was suspended for FOUR games. Pac Man Jones has committed enough violent crimes that, if he were anything other than a professional athlete, he'd be serving a very, very long prison sentence. He still continues to find work, and the authorities still refuse to try him for the shooting in Las Vegas. Chris Henry was another repeat offender, charged with violent acts on a regular basis. He was inexplicably welcomed back by the league's top employer of thugs- the Bengals. Michael Vick will be fought over by numerous teams when he's cleared to play again, which he will be by "hard liner" Goodell. I could go on, but I think you get my point.

Matt Jones had a single drug possession charge against him, and has already been suspended for longer than the career criminal Brandon Marshall. Fellow Jaguar WR Reggie Williams has had a far more serious legal matter during the offseason. Uh, why didn't the Jags immediately cut him? Browns' WR Donte Stallworth apparently ran over and killed a pedestrian over the weekend, in order to beat a red light. Why haven't the Browns immediately cut him for what is a far, far more serious

crime than drinking a beer while golfing?

The NFL is a complete joke. The inconsistent manner in which these various cases (and there are many other examples I could cite) have been dealt with should make everyone question what's going on in this league.

Let's see, Matt Jones has never been charged with any violent act. He "violated" his parole by volunteering the information that he'd drank beer the previous day while golfing. Like a good soldier, he willingly spends the weekend in jail for this "crime," for the sole purpose of showing the team he's committed to attending offseason workouts. His reward from the Jaguars- instant release.

Brandon Marshall has had a number of arrests for more serious, violent offenses. In the past year or so, there have been numerous 911 calls to his residence. He had his suspension from last season reduced to ONE game for no logical reason by "hard liner" Goodell. Meanwhile, a punter whose only "offense" was allegedly getting into a shouting match with a cab driver was suspended for FOUR games. Pac Man Jones has committed enough violent crimes that, if he were anything other than a professional athlete, he'd be serving a very, very long prison sentence. He still continues to find work, and the authorities still refuse to try him for the shooting in Las Vegas. Chris Henry was another repeat offender, charged with violent acts on a regular basis. He was inexplicably welcomed back by the league's top employer of thugs- the Bengals. Michael Vick will be fought over by numerous teams when he's cleared to play again, which he will be by "hard liner" Goodell. I could go on, but I think you get my point.

Matt Jones had a single drug possession charge against him, and has already been suspended for longer than the career criminal Brandon Marshall. Fellow Jaguar WR Reggie Williams has had a far more serious legal matter during the offseason. Uh, why didn't the Jags immediately cut him? Browns' WR Donte Stallworth apparently ran over and killed a pedestrian over the weekend, in order to beat a red light. Why haven't the Browns immediately cut him for what is a far, far more serious

The NFL is a complete joke. The inconsistent manner in which these various cases (and there are many other examples I could cite) have been dealt with should make everyone question what's going on in this league.

Dude -- JOnsey was turning into a decent WR -- Jags in way could afford to have a decent WR on their team! Thye did really what was needed. :thumbsdown:

How is this inconsistent of the NFL? He was not suspended under the personal conduct policy but under the substance abuse policy. There are pretty set guidelines and he was given what he deserved for violating that policy. He has subsequently been released by his team (not the NFL) because of his off the field issues...that, and he simply is not that good.

The Browns have not done anything with Stallworth yet because we don't even know the facts of the thing yet.

And as bad as Pacman is...he has not been convicted of a thing...and served his suspension. The authorities refuse to charge him because they don't have the evidence to do so.

Vick may be sought after again...but again, after serving his time in jail plus any suspension the NFL may give him.

Quit your crying.

Your complaint should be with the CBA and not the NFL teams. Those situations were dealt with as agreed to in the latest CBA. Teams have greater ability to suspend players for substance abuse than they do for violent crimes. The NFLPA wants it that way. If you have a gripe, then make it with the NFLPA.

He didn't think he was black enough for the WR position -- he's just tryin to get his negro on!

:reported:

If i were an NFL team...I'd pick him up. Heck, you won't have to to pay him much and he's developed into a pretty good WR in my opinion. What do you have to lose????