Sign in to follow this  
desertfire

Javon Ringer

I still can't believe Javon Ringer fell all the way to the 5th round. Maybe it's just me, but I think this guy has stud potential. He was the focal point of the offense and still put up huge numbers. Maybe teams are worried about all the carries he had in college.

I still think the guy could be a great.

He wasn't projected to do very well. He's not that big or fast. Mike Hart had allot of great years for the Wolverines, and now he's at best 3rd on the depth chart for the Colts.

He wasn't projected to do very well. He's not that big or fast. Mike Hart had allot of great years for the Wolverines, and now he's at best 3rd on the depth chart for the Colts.

What exactly does Mike Hart have to do with Ringer? Played College ball in the same state?

Ringer didn't go high because he doesn't have tremendous upside. He can be a very serviceable back but not a likely standout.

Ringer is smallish at 5'9, doesnt have break awayspeed... so likely will be a Special teamer with a few touches a game.

Ringer doesn't have a bunch of crazy skills, but he's a first class kid. I hope he makes it and makes it big. If you have a chance to read up on him, do so. Phenomenal kid!!

What exactly does Mike Hart have to do with Ringer? Played College ball in the same state?

Ringer didn't go high because he doesn't have tremendous upside. He can be a very serviceable back but not a likely standout.

A college back who had a good career but isn't regarded as a good pro. You really can't figure out the comparison there?

I see what you guys are saying about Ringer. He did have over 1600 yds and 22 tds this year and another 190 yds receiving. We will see what happens with him. I guess he'll have to get traded cause he won't see the field in Tennessee

I see what you guys are saying about Ringer. He did have over 1600 yds and 22 tds this year and another 190 yds receiving. We will see what happens with him. I guess he'll have to get traded cause he won't see the field in Tennessee

Not true. He will have a perfect view of the field from the sideline. Chris Henry is the one who won't see the field.

Not true. He will have a perfect view of the field from the sideline. Chris Henry is the one who won't see the field.

:unsure:

No, it's just you. The kid that fell too far was Rashad Jennings. And Kory Sheets didn't even get drafted.

Based on those comparisons, Ringer looks like a reach.

amazed Jennings came close to being undrafted

I think a few guys fell too far because some teams are always reaching for team needs.

For example, Victor Harris fell too far. This guy was a top 5 CB until the combine and workouts got going. The Eagles got a steal. Harris was likely hurt by the lack of NFL production from other defensive players coming out of VT (ie J. Williams, Adibi) and his slow 40 time in workouts.

A small, slow back who made his money running against the slowest conference in the BCS. He's worthless in the NFL.