Sign in to follow this  
shovelheadt

Anyone else wanting Favre to come back

If you are a Packer fan you know Favre was a jerk for much of his career in GB. That is the difference our opinion.

I am and I didn't. My family is also quite close to a former packer Pro Bowler, who would beg to differ, but not with your opinion, but that his opinion and impression of Brett was quite different.

another reason i'd like to see the vikings sign him is so the vikes can hurry up at the end of the year and retire favre's number before the packers do ala what the packers did to philly concerning reggie white :thumbsdown:

Last years record falls squarely on Thompson's shoulders. You do remember the turnaround last year......right? It didn't have to happen. Even had TT simply released favre, they would have done better. TT had the power to solve this thing Early last year, and he decided he was skeered of Favre beating his a$$. That is the only reason it drug on like it did, and he lost his team. You have the right to your opinion, and me to mine.

This is the most complete and utter BS I have ever read in my life...that if he released him, somehow the team would have played better...somehow the defense would not have been a sieve. Wow...just freaking wow.

You have the right to that opinion...but I have the right to call it complete and total bull focking shiite.

The difference between you and me is I realize you have an opinion, and have the right to it. You NEVER realize anyones right to their opinion. To you they are just wrong because they don't agree with you. I know I'm a Packer fan, just like you. In my opinion they'd be better off without Thompson. When it comes to Favre and his vendetta, and his will to show what he can do......I defer to him. It is something we will all have to face someday as we get older, in some way shape or form,and I wonder how many of us will say we can't do it anymore and just roll over when they say we're done.

No...I realize you have the right to your opinion...which is why I have never told anyone not to speak on such topics.

but I have the right to call your opinion complete and utter crap.

And sorry, you don't sound like a PACKER fan when you are hoping the PACKERS lose a game to the Vikings just because Favre might be the QB. Sounds like you are a bitter Favre fan who can't let go.

Fair enough but I don't agree. I put this squarely on the shoulders of the incredibly self centered selfish Brett Favre. TT just played the cards he was handed. If you are a Packer fan you know Favre was a jerk for much of his career in GB. That is the difference our opinion.

And Im between the two of you. Its part Thompson part Favre. neither side had any innocence in this.

Thompson did what he thought he had to do...but how it drug out and played out in the media was as much his fault as Favre's.

As soon as Favre announced he wanted back...TT should have sent the plane down there or gone down himself to try and work crap out rather than playing ESPN tag with Mort and Ed Werder. Same for Favre...shut your mouth...talk to the actual team. I hold Bus Cook partly responsible too for how he uses the media to turn things against teams...he did it with Denver and Cutler too (and yes, Denver did not handle it well either...but again we saw things play out in the media rather than behind closed doors with the team and player involved).

another reason i'd like to see the vikings sign him is so the vikes can hurry up at the end of the year and retire favre's number before the packers do ala what the packers did to philly concerning reggie white :rolleyes:

Yes...because Reggie White only played in GB for one year right?

Thats the same...leave it to swamp to bring something else ignorant to the table.

I am and I didn't. My family is also quite close to a former packer Pro Bowler, who would beg to differ, but not with your opinion, but that his opinion and impression of Brett was quite different.

Did Mark Chmura fock your little sister in a hot tub? :D

All signs point to Favre returning by Alex Marvez

Here we go again.

We all knew Brett Favre's self-described "itch" to play football again would eventually return following his retirement. For the second time in two years, it appears he's ready to scratch.

There were simply too many signs that emerged last week pointing to a Favre comeback:

1. Favre was granted his release request by the New York Jets rather than remaining on the team's reserve/retired list. He issued a statement claiming "nothing has changed" and "at this time, I am retired and have no intention of returning to football." So why ask for your release? Plus, with his history of retirement flip-flopping, the use of "at this time" is particularly intriguing.

Minnesota — the team that Favre wanted to play for in 2008 — is open to the possibility of signing him. Vikings coach Brad Childress said the team would discuss the subject after last weekend's minicamp. Vikings owner Zigi Wilf, who months ago said his club would have no interest in signing Favre, instead issued a "no comment" about the topic Saturday when asked by the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported that Favre has recently spoken with Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a good friend from their days together in Green Bay.

The Pioneer Press reported that Favre has hired a personal trainer (tending to his farm apparently isn't providing enough manual labor).

Profootballtalk.com reported an unidentified plane flew from Minneapolis to Favre's hometown of Hattiesburg, Miss. the day after his release.

New Orleans safety Darren Sharper, a former Packers teammate, told the NFL's web site that he believes Favre will try to play another season "because he's such a competitor and he still loves football."

The New York Daily News quoted an unnamed NFL source as saying, "Favre can't stand Green Bay. He wants to play Green Bay and say, 'I told you so.' His bitterness is creating this."

So should Vikings brass give Favre the avenue to pursue that vendetta?

It's something they should strongly contemplate.

On paper, quarterback play is the only thing keeping the Vikings from a Super Bowl run. While I believe offseason acquisition Sage Rosenfels can solve Minnesota's issues under center, he obviously doesn't have the same cachet as Favre.

The Vikings field the NFL's rushing leader (Adrian Peterson), a massive offensive line, and big-play wide receivers in Bernard Berrian and rookie Percy Harvin. The defense is rock-solid, too. Favre is comfortable playing in a West Coast-style offense and wouldn't have to carry the entire unit like he did at times in Green Bay.

The biggest consideration for Minnesota should be how much football Favre has left in his 39-year-old body. After a rocky start with the Jets, Favre hit his stride last November by completing almost 79 percent of his passes with four touchdowns and one interception in road victories at New England and Tennessee. Favre, though, was brutal in New York's final five games as the Jets missed the playoffs.

Favre was later diagnosed with a torn right biceps tendon. The injury could heal through rest, but doctors recommended Favre have surgery if he wanted to play again. It's unknown whether Favre has undergone any procedures to fix the problem or received a more optimistic second opinion.

One of the reasons Green Bay parted ways with Favre last year was the fear that he would break down late in the season when it mattered most. The Vikings should have the same concern, especially with Favre turning 40 in October.

There are other questions as well. How will the reclusive Favre be embraced by his new teammates? Would he be willing to participate in the offseason workout program and/or minicamps? And considering Favre won't play for free Wrangler jeans, is it really worth a one-year gamble that would likely cost the Vikings lots of cash?

The answers could go a long way toward determining whether Childress is still coaching the Vikings in 2010

All I can say is that I am glad GB is not involved in all this crap. Four years was long enough. Thanks TT for taking out the trash!

This is great news....The Bears defensive interception total will increase twofold. :doublethumbsup:

Absolutley not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing it. IF he can stay healthy he should have a good year, especially considering the vikings offensive line.

But, if he gets injured and\or plays poorly then they shouldn't hesitate to put him on the bench.

Anybody know what the recovery time is for surgery on a torn biceps tendon? I could see Favre timing it so he could miss some of those hated mini-camps and preseason games.

I would love to see him come back and play for Minny.

The Eagles have owned Favre throughout his career, he's a playoff turnover machine, and if these two teams meet in the playoffs, it makes the Eagles chances of winning that much better if he's the opposing QB.

:dunno: :lol: :overhead:

yep :dunno:

and ill pounce on the vikings and take the ovah :lol:

already grabbed the packers and the under....free money... :music_guitarred:

the following is the complete listing of 2009 NFL team regular-season victory totals from the Venetian.

Patriots: 12 under—130

Steelers: 11 under—125

Giants: 10.5 under—140

Chargers: 10.5 under—150

Colts: 10.5 under—140

Cowboys: 9.5 over—120

Eagles: nine under—130

Cardinals: nine under—125

Titans: 8.5 over—130

Packers: 8.5 over—120

Saints: 8.5 under—130

Ravens: 8.5 under—120

Panthers: 8.5 over—120

Vikings: 8.5 over—135

Falcons: eight under—120

Jaguars: eight under—140

Bears: eight over—135

Redskins: eight

Dolphins: eight under—150

Texans: eight

Jets: eight

Bills: 7.5 over—120

Seahawks: 7.5 under—130

Broncos: 7.5 under—130

49ers: seven

Browns: 6.5 over—140

Buccaneers: 6.5

Chiefs: 5.5 over—150

Bengals: 5.5 over—140

Raiders: 5.5 over—125

Rams: five over—140

Lions: five

This is the most complete and utter BS I have ever read in my life...that if he released him, somehow the team would have played better...somehow the defense would not have been a sieve. Wow...just freaking wow.

You have the right to that opinion...but I have the right to call it complete and total bull focking shiite.

:dunno:

If that is why he would come back...the boos would be warranted.

If he just wants to keep playing, I have no problem with that. And he would then be cheered quite a bit in coming out of the tunnel...and should be...and then booed with no mercy after that (as it should be as he is now the enemy).

And anyone who would need to think about which side to choose...seems more like a Favre fan than a Packer fan.

the boos would be louder after his 3rd td pass....

fans of a team are not obligated to agree with a teams current regime...he still isnt back yet..though i had heard that he did have the surgery...but havent heard espn mention it..i think it would be silly to come back if he didnt have it fixed....so im still skeptical that he is coming back...

i wouldnt cheer for any team over the brewers EVER..but if it had to happen to get a clown like sal bando out of the GM position? well..so be it...you arent selling your soul to the devil...you just want whats best for the team....sal wasnt making the brewers any better and no...TT isnt making the packers any better...

if the packers had gone 9-7 like the jets had..or had brett had a losing record...i could see the argument where this is all foolish...but it isnt....

adp in the backfield....a line with hutch and others....favre wouldnt be relied on to pass as often as people fear...but unlike t-jax and sage..the team would instantly feel they could win games...

like when the jets beat the titans or at new england...a team that won 4 a year prior believed they could...they improved in other areas also..but favre was a big reason....

i cant stand drama queen favre, but count me in as one who respects him outright saying he wants to come back for pure revenge against TT/Packers......hard core, and *real*....not some drama queen BS.

Vikings | Berrian believes Favre would be great addition

Comment (0)

Wed, 06 May 2009 15:49:34 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Bernard Berrian said he believes retired QB Brett Favre (Jets) would be a great addition to the team. "He would be a great addition to the team. He's a great player. He's done so much for the NFL by himself. He definitely would bring leadership to the team. I think it would be great. He's been in the league for 17, 18 years and to have a player of his caliber come in, it speaks volumes for what he can do for this team," Berrian said.

Vikings | K. Williams would welcome Favre Wed May 6, 03:00 PM

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings DT Kevin Williams said he would welcome the addition of retired QB Brett Favre (Jets) to the team. 'He's a great guy. I think he just had a tough end to the season last year but he started out so well I think he definitely still can play. If he came back to our team and [is] going to help us we'd definitely want to take him,' Williams said.

].

That should happen by the 4th game.

39 years old, 3rd team in 3 years, torn bicep means he'll miss training camp... Good luck with that. As a Packer fan, I'd gladly see Favre take over in Minny and try to win games himself instead of relying on ADP. Minny can experience the heart-wrenching defeats of his INT's. Remember Favre from 3 years ago? Yeah, that what they'd be getting.

fans of a team are not obligated to agree with a teams current regime...he still isnt back yet..though i had heard that he did have the surgery...but havent heard espn mention it..i think it would be silly to come back if he didnt have it fixed....so im still skeptical that he is coming back...

i wouldnt cheer for any team over the brewers EVER..but if it had to happen to get a clown like sal bando out of the GM position? well..so be it...you arent selling your soul to the devil...you just want whats best for the team....sal wasnt making the brewers any better and no...TT isnt making the packers any better...

if the packers had gone 9-7 like the jets had..or had brett had a losing record...i could see the argument where this is all foolish...but it isnt....

adp in the backfield....a line with hutch and others....favre wouldnt be relied on to pass as often as people fear...but unlike t-jax and sage..the team would instantly feel they could win games...

like when the jets beat the titans or at new england...a team that won 4 a year prior believed they could...they improved in other areas also..but favre was a big reason....

Yes...because he would just throw 3 TDs and everything perfect in your world right?

You don't have to agree with the current regime...you can hear he had the surgery...so far that has not been confirmed or really reported by anyone. Bus is playing dumb...Mooch denied that too.

TT not making the Packers any better is purely your opinion. One very biased as you dislike him so much anyway.

A line that has given up how many sacks in the past 5 years? Its a good run blocking line...pass blocking it has been lacking and it lost Burk.

i cant stand drama queen favre, but count me in as one who respects him outright saying he wants to come back for pure revenge against TT/Packers......hard core, and *real*....not some drama queen BS.

Umm...since he did not outright say that this year...why do you respect him. So far it has been the drama queen BS playing games through ESPN with his agent running denials left and right and him texting denials to Trent Dilfer.

All the speculation again could end with just a few actual words from him...but it won't.

Vikings | K. Williams would welcome Favre Wed May 6, 03:00 PM

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings DT Kevin Williams said he would welcome the addition of retired QB Brett Favre (Jets) to the team. 'He's a great guy. I think he just had a tough end to the season last year but he started out so well I think he definitely still can play. If he came back to our team and [is] going to help us we'd definitely want to take him,' Williams said.

Started out so well huh? I guess Kev only watched the zona, ne and titans games and missed the SD game and oakland game and so on.

And Im sure those guys do think he is a welcome addition...they should, they have been stuck with Gus and Tarvaris.

I'd like to see Favre come back this year, but only if it's with the Vikings. I can't stomach watching Sage RosenFAIL under Center.

Yes...because he would just throw 3 TDs and everything perfect in your world right?

You don't have to agree with the current regime...you can hear he had the surgery...so far that has not been confirmed or really reported by anyone. Bus is playing dumb...Mooch denied that too.

TT not making the Packers any better is purely your opinion. One very biased as you dislike him so much anyway.

A line that has given up how many sacks in the past 5 years? Its a good run blocking line...pass blocking it has been lacking and it lost Burk.

KGB told me that he thought hat brett had the surgery at dr james andrews office...whether or not its true..who knows..no one was following brett around months ago and thats all private info..

yeah..i know...KGB hasnt been around the team much...but he has 2 packers as neighbors...whatever..its just rumor...but because i relay the rumor..people get all testy...meh..who knows..alabama isnt that far from mississippi..

now? he couldnt go to the cracker barrel without sal and mort putting their face up against the windows....

biased or not....i dont know what math y'all do in nashville..but 6 wins is not better than 13...and the number of excuses does not equal more wins....

your opinion is that its all wonderful....i made good coin putting the under on wins for gb last year..so yeah..that part was quite nice..and ill do it again this year...

if brett comes back...where do you rank arodg as far as qb in this division? let me guess..the best?

That should happen by the 4th game.

39 years old, 3rd team in 3 years, torn bicep means he'll miss training camp... Good luck with that. As a Packer fan, I'd gladly see Favre take over in Minny and try to win games himself instead of relying on ADP. Minny can experience the heart-wrenching defeats of his INT's. Remember Favre from 3 years ago? Yeah, that what they'd be getting.

remember the rodgers from last year?

viking fans should feel better having a qb who took a 4 win team and gave them 9 before getting hurt....

he wont try to win games...he finally has a rb he can rely on...focus on peterson and favre can still win games...(cards, titans, pats..etc)...

and the vikes would finally have a qb that you have to respect...just makes it easier for peterson....

but you arent in the minority...ive talked to MANY who insist that favre will fall on his face and this will be wonderful for their D...

time heals all..because the D here hasnt struck fear in anyone in 2 years..and this team only won 6 games....1 person even told me hawk will kill him...hawk hasnt tackled anyone hard since his rookie year...but they all recite aarons stats as if that means a lot..so we will have to see...

the long hard winter..1 with no playoffs...has made people here more bitter...

sho pretends that IM the bitter one..im not..im laughing at all of this..until the TT regime ends....having brett go to minny would be too good to be true....great drama...

remember the rodgers from last year?

The one who threw for 4,000 yards with 28TDs to 13 INTs and played all 16 games? Yeah, I remember him well. What's your point?

And the reason for the bad seasons with Favre was partially because of Favre. 18TD's to 18 INT's in his 2nd last year in GB. You want to put all the blame for last season on Rodgers, but Favre takes none of the blame for the many bad seasons GB had with him at QB? Quite the double-standard.

KGB told me that he thought hat brett had the surgery at dr james andrews office...whether or not its true..who knows..no one was following brett around months ago and thats all private info..

yeah..i know...KGB hasnt been around the team much...but he has 2 packers as neighbors...whatever..its just rumor...but because i relay the rumor..people get all testy...meh..who knows..alabama isnt that far from mississippi..

now? he couldnt go to the cracker barrel without sal and mort putting their face up against the windows....

biased or not....i dont know what math y'all do in nashville..but 6 wins is not better than 13...and the number of excuses does not equal more wins....

your opinion is that its all wonderful....i made good coin putting the under on wins for gb last year..so yeah..that part was quite nice..and ill do it again this year...

if brett comes back...where do you rank arodg as far as qb in this division? let me guess..the best?

THe rumors have gone on about the surgery...now the last one is that he is open to a procedure that would heal uickly supposedly.

If Brett ended up at Dr. Andrews offices...it would have come out IMO.

My math is fine...Im talking about better as a whole...not better going from 2007 to 2008. If you think that is all it was about or should have been about...you are an idiot.

All wonderful? Nope...never claimed that.

Id put Rogers and Cutler at the top together. Favre right behind them at this point given his play last year and the uncertainty and his arm. 2007 Brett would be at the top...do you think we will see 2007 Brett ever again? I don't. Not with Chilly and Bevell running the show...remember what Favre looked like with Bevell as his QB coach?

I'm dying here reading all the spiteful fudgePacker fans blathering all over themselves.

The hate is so thick you could walk on it. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy donning my #4 Purple Jersey at the annual Vikes/Packers game.

sho pretends that IM the bitter one..im not..im laughing at all of this..until the TT regime ends....having brett go to minny would be too good to be true....great drama...

I don't pretend...you show it every time you post on the topic.

I'm dying here reading all the spiteful fudgePacker fans blathering all over themselves.

The hate is so thick you could walk on it. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy donning my #4 Purple Jersey at the annual Vikes/Packers game.

Just as funny as watching Viking fans turn from...he is washed up...he sucks...I hate him to...lets get my #4 jersey.....you can get one now...just will have Booty on the back of it.

No way. Favre is rewriting the book on wearing out your welcome and playing WAY past his prime. He was barely adequate for the Jets who won games in spite of him not because of him. And, he single-handedly lost the Dolphins game last year with horrific interceptions. His gunslinging methods which had a high-risk, high-reward thing going are now mainly high-risk ONLY!

Hes ruining his legacy and Im quite tired of entire sports shows being based on what hes doing. Just go home, throw it in Deannas butt all day and count your money.

:thumbsup:

Vikings | Berrian believes Favre would be great addition

Comment (0)

Wed, 06 May 2009 15:49:34 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Bernard Berrian said he believes retired QB Brett Favre (Jets) would be a great addition to the team. "He would be a great addition to the team. He's a great player. He's done so much for the NFL by himself. He definitely would bring leadership to the team. I think it would be great. He's been in the league for 17, 18 years and to have a player of his caliber come in, it speaks volumes for what he can do for this team," Berrian said.

Nice. The comments above should do wonders developing the QB/WR relationship between Berrian and Jackson. :banana:

The media is a joke!

Per RotoWorld

Childress seen in Minnesota, never met Favre?

Coach Brad Childress was spotted at the Vikings' Winter Park facility at 7AM Thursday morning, indicating that he may never have visited free agent Brett Favre in Mississippi Wednesday.

This is getting bizarre. Multiple outlets reported that Favre and Chilly dined late Wednesday and would continue talks Thursday. A signing remains fairly likely, but perhaps the two won't meet until later Thursday or Friday. May. 7 - 10:28 am et

Source: Minneapolis Star Tribune

He is there...he is not there...Favre meeting...Favre not meeting.

Wow...just plain wow.

The tendon talk is just as wishy washy. There has been wor it's been done. There has been word it will be done. There has been word that it will heal. There has been word that he'll just get it snipped. There has been word it is a big deal, and word that it isn't. welcome to the new Internet World. This is the reason that the Political divide will never get better too. Too much info, with most of it unsubstantiated but passed on anyway!