RAIDERS - 9 and 7.

Jeff Garcia

Passing - 22 TD / 14 INT 2,200 YDS

Rushing - 41 CARRIES FOR 50 YARDS 2 TDS

Darrius Heyward-Bey

Recieving - 52 REC FOR 800 YARDS 10 TDS

Rushing - 7 CARRIES FOR 52 YARDS

RAIDERS - 9 and 7.

I am not sure where you get your weed, but can I have some?

Jeff Garcia

Darrius Heyward-Bey

RAIDERS - 9 and 7.

Are 9 and 7 the amounts of points they'll score in their first 2 games?

Since Garcia can't throw it more than 10 yards, and Bey can only run in a straight line and catch bombs, I'm not sure how they're going to attain those numbers. Are they trading Garcia to someone else?

Heyward-Bey sits out Raiders' camp finale

2009-05-10 18:14

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) - First-round draft pick Darrius Heyward-Bey sat out the final day of the Oakland Raiders' minicamp Sunday because of a sore hamstring and fatigue.

Second-round pick Mike Mitchell and fourth-rounder Louis Murphy also missed the workout for similar reasons.

``Just tightened up,'' Heyward-Bey said. ``My legs are a little too tight. Running too fast.''

Heyward-Bey, who had the fastest 40 time at the Scouting Combine in February, was injured late in Saturday's practice and did not work out in the afternoon. He spent Sunday as a spectator alongside Murphy and fellow wide receiver Javon Walker, who is recovering from offseason knee surgery.

``It's the toughest transition for the rookies with all the running we do,'' head coach Tom Cable said. ``You just want to be smart with them. It's precautionary.''

Along with the three receivers and Mitchell, the Raiders were also without left guard Robert Gallery (calf), defensive tackle Gerard Warren (pectoral muscle), defensive end Derrick Burgess (stomach flu) and reserve offensive lineman Paul McQuistan, who is still recovering from knee surgery last season.

The Raiders will resume their offseason workout program on May 19

Per rotoworld - Saturday May 9:

Darius Heyward-Bey dropped three passes in a row at one point during practice Saturday.

Cue Mel Kiper! We obviously wouldn't take this news too seriously, but every drop by DHB is going to get extra attention. (He got a scolding from Jeff Garcia) At least Heyward-Bey is running with the first team.

Darrius Heyward-Bey

Good luck with those projections. Didn't DHB have only 5 TDs last year? The Raiders really went out on a limb when they drafted him. I personally know a reporter for the SF Chronicle who follows the Raiders. She said someone high up in the organization said, "Heyward Bey has the size and the speed. He just has to improve his route running and his hands and he'll be fine." When she told me this I was floored. :thumbsup:

Think Willie Gault or James Jett...just bigger.

Jeff Garcia

Darrius Heyward-Bey

RAIDERS - 9 and 7.

umm.. are you saying that garcia will only throw for 2200 yards as a full time starter and within that throw for 22 TD's? quite a high number for the yardage. Generally you would have to be around 3500 yards for about 22 td's.

As far as DHB.. you are way off. Calvin johnson played in 15 games as a rookie and he only ended up with 48 rec and 750 yards. DHB will have 35 catches for 300 yards and 3 tds.

at best raiders end up with 7 wins.

Jeff Garcia

Darrius Heyward-Bey

RAIDERS - 9 and 7.

sorry to burst your bubble, but I dont think Garcia will be a starter this year (or ever again) unless Russell gets hurt, or the raiders trade him to a team with QB troubles.

Heyward Beyes may well put up some numbers like you suggest, but I think it will be a year or two before we see it.

Well, it is legal to grow in parts of Cali and he is a Raiders fan, so....

OAKSTERDAM!

I wondered if this would be the link to a story that had them seen "together" in a Frisco nightclub. :dunno:

I think Darriuthhh is going to be thuper.... :dunno:

On instructions from Mr. Al Davis, 9 is the number of times DHB will be targeted in the 1st game. (7 is the # of drops.)

LoL funny because it'll probably happen. 2 catches for 18 yeards, 7 drops.

Raiders are hoping they change the format to 15 games instead of 16 so they dont look as bad as Detroit.

On instructions from Mr. Al Davis, 9 is the number of times DHB will be targeted in the 1st game. (7 is the # of drops.)

Since Garcia can't throw the deep ball and Russell isn't exactly known for his accuracy, I'm not sure the Raiders have a QB that can get the ball close enough to him for him to drop it that often.

personally, i don't see DHB as a first year breakout guy. he managed like 600+ yards his last year at maryland. so he's going to bust out right out of the gate? maybe, but i don't see it. imo he might be a good player, but it will take a little time. he couldn't be a stud against college competition last year. i'm struggling to see him do it against the nfl year one

Since Garcia can't throw the deep ball and Russell isn't exactly known for his accuracy, I'm not sure the Raiders have a QB that can get the ball close enough to him for him to drop it that often.

I like that! Plus there's the fact that 'shutdown' CBs of the NFL will be smack-talkin him all season.

SF Chronicle Article - Throw it Over the Top

Take a monster-armed quarterback, add an Olympic-speed wide receiver and mix in a vertical-minded coordinator, and what do the Raiders get?

Al Davis' wildest dream come true, or so that's the big idea behind the team's latest attempt to revive the deep pass.

"I think that is who we want to be," Raiders coach Tom Cable said of the vertical passing offense. "Let's get it implemented right away, because that's a new approach, obviously.

"Let's get the mind-set developed as quickly as possible, and when we get to OTAs, we can continue with that."

Organized Team Activities start today at team headquarters in Alameda. Guess what the Raiders have to improve?

Throwing the deep ball, and doing so on target, preferably all at the same time. If their May 8-10 minicamp was any indication, they've got a lot of catching on to do.

That's understandable, seeing the state of this passing game. In pass attempts of 21-plus yards last season, the Raiders were 9-for-51 for 337 yards with two touchdowns, three interceptions and a 43.2 passer rating. Their completion rate and yards an attempt were 31st in the NFL, according to Stats, Inc.

"We're not going to come out all perfect," wide receiver Johnnie Lee Higgins said. "It's like a building block. We're starting from scratch and we're just building."

Consider new passing-game coordinator Ted Tollner the architect. He has been told to implement vertical passes that stretch the field and beat defenses over the top.

For that to happen, Tollner has to get quarterback JaMarcus Russell's arm and wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey's legs up to NFL speed.

Too often in minicamp, Russell's long passes were either overthrown and out of bounds, or underthrown to the point receivers had to come back for a jump ball. Some had zip. More were simply plain misses.

Heyward-Bey is learning that great 40 speed could get him open at any level, but better use of his 6-foot-2 body is needed to make the catch in tight NFL coverage. He struggled to catch anything when proven cornerbacks got physical with him during minicamp, long route or otherwise.....

Great job Al. :pointstosky: