Sign in to follow this  
GhostofMeanMachine99

Tony Romo is working hard...

watched the '08 NFC Champ. game on NFL Network. McNabb had a chance to win it with well over 2 minutes left. forgot how chitty he looked on the eagles last drive.

Really? He threw for 350 yards that game. I seem to recall a fourth down pass bouncing off of Kevin Curtis' shoulder pads that would have kept the drive alive, too.

I'll ask Tony Romo. He was home watching the game, too. :doublethumbsup:

While an 0-2 postseason record is too small of a sample to see how he performs in the playoffs, the fact that he's only played in two playoff games is a very good indication of how he plays in those pressure games that lead to making the playoffs or not.

this is an absurd statement. he's had 3 opportunities to make the playoffs, and has successfully made the playoffs twice. so how does a 67% rate of making the playoffs correlate in any way to the regular season?

this is an absurd statement. he's had 3 opportunities to make the playoffs, and has successfully made the playoffs twice. so how does a 67% rate of making the playoffs correlate in any way to the regular season?

The dude is 5-8 in December and has always had a playoff caliber team (Evident by his 2 palyoff appearences). Last year, his usual December collapse left him on the outside looking in.

Someone mentioned that 2 playoff appearances isn't enough to judge his clutch performances. Well, those twp performances plus his 5-8 Decemeber record are more than enough.

Come on, sirensong, you're a Cowboy fan. You have to be concerned about the fact that Romo is so good in the early and middle parts of the season and collapses toward the end. He's not a rookie anymore. He's got plenty of experience.

I want to see what he does this season without all the drama, distractions and preseason hype. If he falls apart again late I'll go back to being relentless on him.

Really? He threw for 350 yards that game. I seem to recall a fourth down pass bouncing off of Kevin Curtis' shoulder pads that would have kept the drive alive, too.

I'll ask Tony Romo. He was home watching the game, too. :thumbsup:

the drive was bad. he didnt get it done.

the drive was bad. he didnt get it done.

Well, you're a Cowboys fan, so I'm not arguing with you. You are an expert in 'not getting it done'. 15 years without a playoff win. Amazing.

44-6

Well, you're a Cowboys fan, so I'm not arguing with you. You are an expert in 'not getting it done'. 15 years without a playoff win. Amazing.

44-6

49 years without a title. Amazing.

5-0.

What does 5-0 mean? I don't get it!

5 pimpdaddy aliases and 0 of them are funny or knowledgable. :thumbsup:

5 pimpdaddy aliases and 0 of them are funny or knowledgable. :music_guitarred:

now those are stats i can definitely believe!!! :doublethumbsup:

watched the '08 NFC Champ. game on NFL Network. McNabb had a chance to win it with well over 2 minutes left. forgot how chitty he looked on the eagles last drive.

You are right. And he looked pretty damn good before that last drive, which is the maddening thing about Donovan McNabb; consistency.

In his defense, though, his offensive talent has been anything but consistent. Not an excuse, just a fact.

Remains to be seen if the talent he has this year will be the best, but on paper it's looks alot better than anything he's had since 2004.

I like his demeanor in camp so far, I like how he's dropped more weight, and I like what he's been saying at the camp pressers. He's not really towing the company line like he was accused of doing previous.

I'm looking forward to what he's bringing to the field this season, and I think it's gonna be another NFC East dogfight. :mad:

for some reason, hearing about Jerry Rice and John Smoltz and their pursuit of professional golf doesn't bother me. :thumbsup:

I know this is just a lighthearted jab, but Romo is fine. The problem in Dallas starts with Jerry Jones and extends to the coaching staff.

I totally agree that Romo is fine. I just thought of this thread when I saw the article of him trying to qualify for the Byron Nelson and his plans

to try to qualify for the U.S. Open

I totally agree that Romo is fine. I just thought of this thread when I saw the article of him trying to qualify for the Byron Nelson and his plans

to try to qualify for the U.S. Open

I think its pretty cool. I hope he makes it

I know this is just a lighthearted jab, but Romo is fine. The problem in Dallas starts with Jerry Jones and extends to the coaching staff.

i agree that the main problem in Big D is the coaching staff

however, i found this whole debate last year to be particularly comical with all the people who seemed to think this was akin to playing weekend rounds with your buddies in the offseason.

he was and is doing either 1 of 2 things.

1. spending wayyy too much time and effort trying to play a second sport in a professional or semi-professional manner

2. half assing it and doing these events a disservice

Deep down, everyone's a Dallas Cowboys fan, especially Joey Gladstone. :dunno:

i agree that the main problem in Big D is the coaching staff

however, i found this whole debate last year to be particularly comical with all the people who seemed to think this was akin to playing weekend rounds with your buddies in the offseason.

he was and is doing either 1 of 2 things.

1. spending wayyy too much time and effort trying to play a second sport in a professional or semi-professional manner

2. half assing it and doing these events a disservice

The only thing comical is people on message boards who actually care about a football player playing golf in the offseason and try to break it down with lists.

The only thing comical is people on message boards who actually care about a football player playing golf in the offseason and try to break it down with lists.

surprised it took you that long :thumbsup:

i'm sure you probably had a dozen or so posts in this thread when it was relavent so I won't bother with the "people on message boards caring" nonsense.

" :itsatip: " this was just as interesting a topic of conversation as 90% of what gets discussed here in the offseason.

Yep. Lot's of QB's are doing "stuff" in the offseason. Difference is, not everyone on the planet is infatuated with every other QB. No team can draw in the media, fans, and haters like the Cowboys---especially with what would be considered "non-news".

This topic is proof.

Yep. Lot's of QB's are doing "stuff" in the offseason. Difference is, not everyone on the planet is infatuated with every other QB. No team can draw in the media, fans, and haters like the Cowboys---especially with what would be considered "non-news".

This topic is proof.

how many QB's are trying to play another sport at a professional level in the offseason? let me know when you come up with any.

i give credit to Tony for skipping his monday qualifying tee time at the Byron Nelson in favor of team activities. Then again, what choice did he really have? He is an excellent golfer but the issue is still the same.

just wait till you retire. then you can be like John Smoltz and try to qualify for nationwide events and whatever you want.

This topic is proof.

People do it to get a reaction out of Cowboy fans. HTH

This topic is proof.

:rolleyes: it's just fun to poke at the animals who cheer for them.

Hey, I have a new, unbiased idea for a poll!! Which NFC East team not on the East Coast has the gayest fans in the league?