Sign in to follow this  
Tony_Romo_Domination

Lendale is a better fantasy Rb than CJ

CJ gets roughly 1200 and 9 a year

Lendale gets on average 700 and 7

Now clearly CJ is getting more total fantasy points but he is a first rounder. Lendale can be had with a 7th rounder.

So you can pay for 500 more yards and 2 Tds with your first round pick or wait and use a 7th round pick for a solid 700 7td lendale. YOu have everything to gain from waiting for lendale. He lost 30 pounds so he will be faster. He is still the goal line RB for the titans and he is in a contract year. If CJ gets hurt you are so gonna hit it big time with Lendale.

Now clearly CJ is getting more total fantasy points but he is a first rounder. Lendale can be had with a 7th rounder.

So you can pay for 500 more yards and 2 Tds with your first round pick or wait and use a 7th round pick for a solid 700 7td lendale. YOu have everything to gain from waiting for lendale. He lost 30 pounds so he will be faster. He is still the goal line RB for the titans and he is in a contract year. If CJ gets hurt you are so gonna hit it big time with Lendale.

You're forgetting CJ's receiving numbers and TDs.

Which Lendale is good for zippy.

And if you are in a league with yardage bonuses for long TD's...its not close.

Well, its not close either way. I don't understand your post or point really.

You're forgetting CJ's receiving numbers and TDs.

Which Lendale is good for zippy.

And if you are in a league with yardage bonus's for long TD's...its not close.

Well, its not close either way. I don't understand your post or point really.

CJ gets 260 receiving yards a game and 1 Td on average. WOw, just wow. that is some hardcore wr stats.

My point is lendale is so cheap in drafts and he is a solid Rb. Why waste a top pick on a guy who can be out scored in fantasy by his rb buddy. I will wait for the whale and not look back. Take a legit stud rb instead of CJ.

P.S. More points for long tds? I don't play in kid leagues. :lol:

CJ gets 260 receiving yards a game and 1 Td on average. WOw, just wow. that is some hardcore wr stats.

A game?

Yeah, I would say those ARE hardcore stats.

And how can you say a second year player "gets roughly 1200 and 9 a year"?

Comments like that imply an average over several years.

One year does not establish a pattern.

Despite your awkward reasoning, I agree that LenDale is a nice pickup for his ADP. Definitely steal him away from whoever drafts CJ in your league.

I don't play in kid leagues. :lol:

Same lame attempt at a put-down that is so overused on this board.

White weighed in at an all time low - 228 lbs. An in great shape. I think White is easily as 40% RBBC with CJIII

I can see

1200 - 50 rec 450 rec yards and 9 total scores for CJIII

and

900 - 12 for White

white in round 8-9 CJIII in round 1 ( middle / early )

My point is lendale is so cheap in drafts and he is a solid Rb. Why waste a top pick on a guy who can be out scored in fantasy by his rb buddy. I will wait for the whale and not look back. Take a legit stud rb instead of CJ.

P.S. More points for long tds? I don't play in kid leagues.

Lendale is cheap because Lendale has zero upside. He'll get finite garbage yards and plunges, and, well, that's it.

Johnson has huge upside in every spectrum of RB scoring. He can come through with top 5 RB receiving totals. They are game planning him for more catches in training camp and OTAs already. His receiving bar is set higher in his second year.

You could say TJ Duckett is a better value than Chris Johnson this year. Or Leron McClain. Or Hightower. Because they'll get 700 and plunges. But that's it. That's the ceiling. So...you're just talking about value. And CJ has loads more value, hence his first round status. THe value is correct and consistant with the ADP the way I see it.

CJ gets 260 receiving yards a game and 1 Td on average[/b]. WOw, just wow. that is some hardcore wr stats.

P.S. More points for long tds? I don't play in kid leagues. :lol:

That's a lot of yards and TD's over the course of an entire season...

It's going to be interesting to see the 2nd and 3rd preseason games. In particular, I'm curious to see how CJ is used. Will he get more receiving looks, or is he going to get a bump in carries to get more involved in the offense? Will Fischer reward White with more carries now that he's at a more "normal" RB weight?

My redrafts aren't taking place until after the 3rd preseason game, so we'll see how things look before making any decisions.

I can see the whale has many haters on here.

Lenwhale is going 7 round in most 12 teamers. His value is huge for a 7th rounder. He has huge upside since he is a RB on a running team. The whale gets 40% of the carries and 100% of the goal line work.

name me some other 7th round RBs who are good for 800 and 10

In the real world Lendale would not last two minutes in the super athletic world of CJ. CJ is an athletic monster. However, the whale has huge upside. What if CJ gets hurt? Whale will become a monster. The whale alone puts up # 2 fantasy Rb stats with CJ. Lenwhale is good for 900-1000 and 9-10 Tds and if CJ goes down your 7th rounder just became a monster that can get you 1500 and 15-20.

yall are some whale haters. What did the whale ever do to you? stop the hate :music_guitarred:

White weighed in at an all time low - 228 lbs. An in great shape. I think White is easily as 40% RBBC with CJIII

I can see

and

900 - 12 for White

900 and 12 tds is borderling RB 1 stats. Heck, 900 and 12 makes lendale the best #2 Rb in 12 team leagues. You could win leagues with a stud #1 Rb and the whale as your #2 RB.

I can see the whale has many haters on here.

Lenwhale is going 7 round in most 12 teamers. His value is huge for a 7th rounder. He has huge upside since he is a RB on a running team. The whale gets 40% of the carries and 100% of the goal line work.

name me some other 7th round RBs who are good for 800 and 10

In the real world Lendale would not last two minutes in the super athletic world of CJ. CJ is an athletic monster. However, the whale has huge upside. What if CJ gets hurt? Whale will become a monster. The whale alone puts up # 2 fantasy Rb stats with CJ. Lenwhale is good for 900-1000 and 9-10 Tds and if CJ goes down your 7th rounder just became a monster that can get you 1500 and 15-20.

yall are some whale haters. What did the whale ever do to you? stop the hate :music_guitarred:

I am a Lendale White fan for the record :doublethumbsup:

Apples to oranges comparision.

Of course any 7th rounder who puts up solid numbers is going be great value, ever superior value compared to a 1st round guy who puts up numbers as expected. CJ is still a 1st round pick and White is a 6-7 rounder.

Apples to oranges comparision.

Of course any 7th rounder who puts up solid numbers is going be great value, ever superior value compared to a 1st round guy who puts up numbers as expected. CJ is still a 1st round pick and White is a 6-7 rounder.

I will take the 7th rounder who gets 80% of the fantasy points of your first rounder.

I can see

and

900 - 12 for White

The concern I have is will Lendale still be the bruiser that he was last year. Will he still be able to get the short yards, move the chains, and get the goalline TD with the weight gone?

An important component of White's carries came in special circumstances last season. I don't have the exact breakdown handy, but I remember watching a number of Tennessee games last season. The Titans give a majorith of the from behind and close scoring touches to CJ. Once they gained a lead, they rushed conservatively with White.

What has changed this year? No Haynesworth on the Dline. In games without him last season, the defense struggled and gave up much more points. This season, it is likely that the Titans are playing in a lot more close games or from behind. In this likely scenario, White's touches decrease and CJ's increase.

Combine this with CJs upside, and I'm buying in the 1st round. I'll pass on White's RB4 numbers with no upside in the 7th when I can get them elsewhere in the 8th or 9th round with upside.

An important component of White's carries came in special circumstances last season. I don't have the exact breakdown handy, but I remember watching a number of Tennessee games last season. The Titans give a majorith of the from behind and close scoring touches to CJ. Once they gained a lead, they rushed conservatively with White.

What has changed this year? No Haynesworth on the Dline. In games without him last season, the defense struggled and gave up much more points. This season, it is likely that the Titans are playing in a lot more close games or from behind. In this likely scenario, White's touches decrease and CJ's increase.

Combine this with CJs upside, and I'm buying in the 1st round. I'll pass on White's RB4 numbers with no upside in the 7th when I can get them elsewhere in the 8th or 9th round with upside.

Lendale puts up solid RB2 numbers. I dont know where you are getting RB4 from here.

i tend to agree with the OP.

CJ is a special talent. Lenwhale is kind of a big oaf in the right position. he's also in a contract year, and seems to be very motivated.

the bottomline is, Lendale gets plenty of opportunities on a run first team. he is a value pick this year, imo. i'll let someone else draft CJ in the first, and target Landwhale in mid to late rounds.

you make a good point. but, this is still gonna be a running team. they have Kerry Collins at QB.

who's gonna get eat up the field? CJ

who's gonna punch it in? Landwhale

Lendale puts up solid RB2 numbers. I dont know where you are getting RB4 from here.

Does these games sound like Solid RB2 numbers?

vs. Balt - 3 rushes, 4 yards, 1 reception, 0 yards = 1.4 points

vs. GB - 8 rushes, 77 yards, 0 TDs = 7.7 points

vs. Jax - 14 rushes, 52 yards = 5.2 points

vs. NYJ - 1 rush, -1 yard = -0.1 points

vs. Houston - 8 rushes, 26 yards = 2.6 points

vs. Indy - 7 rushes, 25 yards = 2.5 points

these are all the games from 2008 where Lendale DOESN'T score a TD. you are counting on him to get that 3 yard plunge into the endzone, otherwise you risk less than 10 points from your "RB2."

even some of his weaker games where he scored a TD aren't that great. Consider vs. Min - 13 yards, 1 TD = 7.3 points and vs. Chi - 14 yards rushing, 1 receptions for 6 yards, 1 TD = 9 points .

IMO he is only worth a RB3 or Flex spot where you can use him against the better matchups. and the titans don't get to play Kansas City and Detroit this year.

Chris Johnson on the otherhand will outscore most of these point totals in receptions and reception yardage ALONE this year. last year he was not fully used in the passing game because the coaching staff wanted to limit him in his rookie year. THIS YEAR he will catch 40-50 balls. nevermind the 1200+ rushing.

i'm not even going into the reasons to predict that Lendale's production will decrease this year. 15 TDs could easily drop to 9 or 10.

you make a good point. but, this is still gonna be a running team. they have Kerry Collins at QB.

who's gonna get eat up the field? CJ

who's gonna punch it in? Landwhale

Yeah, that guy bashes Landwhale like he is a RB4. In what world does a Rb4 get 800 yards and 10 plus TDs? He must be in a 4 team league to call landwhale an RB4. the whale is a stud RB2

Does these games sound like Solid RB2 numbers?

vs. Balt - 3 rushes, 4 yards, 1 reception, 0 yards = 1.4 points

vs. GB - 8 rushes, 77 yards, 0 TDs = 7.7 points

vs. Jax - 14 rushes, 52 yards = 5.2 points

vs. NYJ - 1 rush, -1 yard = -0.1 points

vs. Houston - 8 rushes, 26 yards = 2.6 points

vs. Indy - 7 rushes, 25 yards = 2.5 points

these are all the games from 2008 where Lendale DOESN'T score a TD. you are counting on him to get that 3 yard plunge into the endzone, otherwise you risk less than 10 points from your "RB2."

even some of his weaker games where he scored a TD aren't that great. Consider vs. Min - 13 yards, 1 TD = 7.3 points and vs. Chi - 14 yards rushing, 1 receptions for 6 yards, 1 TD = 9 points .

IMO he is only worth a RB3 or Flex spot where you can use him against the better matchups. and the titans don't get to play Kansas City and Detroit this year.

Chris Johnson on the otherhand will outscore most of these point totals in receptions and reception yardage ALONE this year. last year he was not fully used in the passing game because the coaching staff wanted to limit him in his rookie year. THIS YEAR he will catch 40-50 balls. nevermind the 1200+ rushing.

i'm not even going into the reasons to predict that Lendale's production will decrease this year. 15 TDs could easily drop to 9 or 10.

it's about value. if you miss on landwhale in the 6-8th round not that big of a deal. what is his ADP right now anyway?

CJ is fun to watch, no doubt. but he's a bigger risk based one where he's being drafted. now in a ppr, performance league, CJ is money. in leagues that lean more toward TD's i'd pass on him in the 1st.

Yeah, that guy bashes Landwhale like he is a RB4. In what world does a Rb4 get 800 yards and 10 plus TDs? He must be in a 4 team league to call landwhale an RB4. the whale is a stud RB2

Now White is going to get 800/10+ in 2009? You started your post stating that Lendale is good for 700 and 7. That is the one point you have made that I agree with. Last season, this would have put him as a mid range RB3 in standard scoring leagues.

Last season, sure, you had a stud RB2 with him on your squad. This season account for the change in the Titans defense, plan on them playing catch up with CJ getting more touches as a result, and don't be surprised if White struggles to match his 2007 numbers of 700/7.

Now White is going to get 800/10+ in 2009? You started your post stating that Lendale is good for 700 and 7. That is the one point you have made that I agree with. Last season, this would have put him as a mid range RB3 in standard scoring leagues.

Last season, sure, you had a stud RB2 with him on your squad. This season account for the change in the Titans defense, plan on them playing catch up with CJ getting more touches as a result, and don't be surprised if White struggles to match his 2007 numbers of 700/7.

"LenDale" and "Stud" should not be used in the same sentence. "flex/bye-week/matchup-play" is more like it. 8 out of 16 games with less than 10 points does not make a stud (see above).

I like LW as a solid backup RB and bye week filler, but I think the above analysis is correct (as I have stated the same previously in another thread). I don't think he will be utilized quite as much this year as the Titans play in closer games and don't have as many big leads to protect. But, for a 2nd banana, he is the best of the bunch. :dunno:

Don't forget that the Titans draft another "bigger" back in Javon Ringer. A guy that was tremendous at finding the end zone at Michigan State. Lendale is in the final year of his contract and has always been considered a bad chemistry guy. A guy that never was a hard worker and was sometimes more trouble than he is worth. I wouldn't be totally suprised that if Ringer can handle the role, White may not even fall in to his same role as last year. It's not like he was a great RB when given the chances. He averaged 3.8 yards per carry. 12 of his 15 TD's came inside the 3 yard line. Why couldn't any other back make the same plunges with less headaches.

The whale gets no love here. How sad. The whale is solid #2Rb on a title fantasy team

So I'll just wait until the 7th round before nabbing my #2 RB, in Lendale.

Maybe I'll wait until the 10th round to take my #2 RB in Tim Hightower, if I miss out on White.

Couldn't you have both? You do need to take some one in round one anyway.

Couldn't you have both? You do need to take some one in round one anyway.

I thought about mentioning that as well...If one of them happened to go down injured, you'd be getting RB1 numbers out of the other one. Probably don't want them to be your 2 starters every week, but White would most likely be your RB3 or 4 if drafted in round 7.

Don't forget that the Titans draft another "bigger" back in Javon Ringer.

While Ringer is a grinder who can get some tough yards, he's hardly "big" at 5'9", 205 lbs.

One thing I am personally worried about is how good the Titans are going to be on defense in losing Haynesworth. When you had their D last year... it was really easy to play ground control and not let Kerry Collins make any mistakes. I still think their defense will be good, but not as good.. and they will not have the luxury of pounding the ball as much as last year.

But I do agree Lendale is a great value. In following his career since his USC days, he does like the spotlight and he is motivated by money (contract year). I mean we are talking about as good of a #4 RB that you can possibly hope to have. He's a guy that you don't have a ton of confidence in as a full stime starter on your team, but feel really good as an injury or bye week replacement.

One thing I am personally worried about is how good the Titans are going to be on defense in losing Haynesworth. When you had their D last year... it was really easy to play ground control and not let Kerry Collins make any mistakes. I still think their defense will be good, but not as good.. and they will not have the luxury of pounding the ball as much as last year.

But I do agree Lendale is a great value. In following his career since his USC days, he does like the spotlight and he is motivated by money (contract year). I mean we are talking about as good of a #4 RB that you can possibly hope to have. He's a guy that you don't have a ton of confidence in as a full stime starter on your team, but feel really good as an injury or bye week replacement.

Where do you people get this RB4 crap? Look at his stats! Lendale puts up solid RB2 stats. If you have lendale as your 2 you can then draft stud WRs and a stud #1 Rb and call it a day.

I wouldn't say he's a better fantasy RB, but he's definitely a better value. I don't care what the coaches have said about CJ getting more touches, the splits will be the EXACT same as last season. And with White laying off the sauce and cutting down on the spare tire he was carrying, he should make more out of his touches.

Taking someone's averages after one year like they are set in stone is about what I would expect from you pimp.

Lets forget that they were still just working him into the game plan and he was not the feature guy all year long.

Lets forget that he will likely be featured even more this year.

I like Lendale...cheap option, in a contract year, lost the weight and dedictated himself more to the game. But wow is your argument full of flaws (like every single argument you have ever made)

Where do you people get this RB4 crap? Look at his stats! Lendale puts up solid RB2 stats. If you have lendale as your 2 you can then draft stud WRs and a stud #1 Rb and call it a day.

Is it so far out of the question to think that out of your top 7 picks... 4 of them are going to be RB's (+ 2WR's and a QB or something)? I am not saying he will put up #4 RB numbers... I am saying for where you can get him, he could be as good as a #4 RB as you could possibly hope for. That's where I get this RB 4 "crap."

here is the deal.

Lendale is probably a better value pick for his ADP than Chris Johnson is... but CJ is the better back in PPR's. Honestly in non PPR's its pretty damn close.

But CJ is CJ and Lendale is still "Lenwhale" to most and the names alone will dictate it.

I think CJ is vastly more talented but Tenn would be smart to continue a 60/40 split... It worked amazingly last year and I will definately be targeting Lendale in the 8th round and beyond.

Guest John_Rizzio
SHHH on the Whale, He is one of the best value picks . I got him last year in the 8th.

I rode the whale to a title last year. He was my #3 Rb and he eventually became a starter as my #2.

here is the deal.

Lendale is probably a better value pick for his ADP than Chris Johnson is... but CJ is the better back in PPR's. Honestly in non PPR's its pretty damn close.

But CJ is CJ and Lendale is still "Lenwhale" to most and the names alone will dictate it.

I think CJ is vastly more talented but Tenn would be smart to continue a 60/40 split... It worked amazingly last year and I will definately be targeting Lendale in the 8th round and beyond.

:mad: