Sign in to follow this  
Clash of the Titans

Round 8 Commentary

was cleaning around the house and mwoing some grass.............sorry for the delay.........about to go run and lounge at tessa's pool....

but on a good note... will offer some drafting feedback tonite :thumbsup:

8.05 - RB Darren Sproles, SD

Love the offense, and love the committment made to him in the offseason. He is good for 45+ receptions WITH LT playing. They are gonna get him 12 touches per game this year, and that should pay off to the tune of 1,000 combined, with 45 catches and 5 Td's. Sproles it is as my #3 Rb. 3 other Rb's were considered, and they all held their own merits.

8.05 - RB Darren Sproles, SD

Love the offense, and love the committment made to him in the offseason. He is good for 45+ receptions WITH LT playing. They are gonna get him 12 touches per game this year, and that should pay off to the tune of 1,000 combined, with 45 catches and 5 Td's. Sproles it is as my #3 Rb. 3 other Rb's were considered, and they all held their own merits.

add the pick to selections thread?

Donald Brown - I see a 50/50 split with a healthy Addai. decent number of receptions as well. and once Addai injures his vagina, Brown will bust out big time.

add the pick to selections thread?

Donald Brown - I see a 50/50 split with a healthy Addai. decent number of receptions as well. and once Addai injures his vagina, Brown will bust out big time.

I was trying, but the site was locking up. I went out and tended to the ribs while it reloaded!! ;)

I still give the slight edge to Addai at the beginning of the season. But you're right, Addai will get hurt at some point during the season, and when he does Brown will become a solid RB2.

Nice pick ;)

I see a 60-40ish split with Addai tops. I welcome the split, because Addai produced best when sharing the load with Rhodes.

8.06 John Carlson.

This pick was not so much about wanting Carlson, as it was not wanting any of the TE's below him. I like the upside, with a healthy group or receivers and hopefully a healthy Hass.

I see a 60-40ish split with Addai tops. I welcome the split, because Addai produced best when sharing the load with Rhodes.

8.06 John Carlson.

This pick was not so much about wanting Carlson, as it was not wanting any of the TE's below him. I like the upside, with a healthy group or receivers and hopefully a healthy Hass.

Carlson was next on my list after Daniels. There's a noticeable dropoff after Cooley/Daniels/Carlson, IMO.

Carlson was next on my list after Daniels. There's a noticeable dropoff after Cooley/Daniels/Carlson, IMO.

'cept for one other one who could easliy out perform these guys in my opinion. he isn't as safe but he does have extreme upside.

Wanted Carlson for KSB2424. ;)

I was flip flopping between Carlson and Bradshaw. Figured Bradshaw had a better chance of making it back than Carlson. :lol:

Cowboys running backs coach Skip Peete said he's noticed an improvement in how Felix Jones runs his routes and comes out of breaks as a receiver.

There has been a lot of talk about Jones splitting out wide and catching more balls this season, but we haven't seen much evidence of it yet. The Cowboys will certainly want to get Jones the ball in space more simply because he makes big plays. His role will increase in a big way.

was cleaning around the house and mwoing some grass.............sorry for the delay.........about to go run and lounge at tessa's pool....

but on a good note... will offer some drafting feedback tonite :music_guitarred:

tessa's baby sis came home from college tonite...........so we just hung out......will add some comments Sunday evening......

Random thoughts...

Like Cutler pick, not sure if I'd want to count on him as my #1qb, but nice upside especially with running game and if they can mix in some play action.

I have about same assessment of Brown...like him for 40-50 split and even more once addai eventually gets hurt.

Like Sproles, for pts cited and also I have concerns with LT staying healthy, giving Sproles even more upside.

Jones another solid pick.

I'll add that this is yet another reason why doing these commentary heavy drafts is great for me personally.

I don't spend near the amount of time I used to doing research on nfl/ff, and even when I did there was still things I didn't have all the information on.

I didn't know about the commitment to Sproles for touches or Cowboys wanting to move Jones around for more touches and big plays.

Appreciate the info.