Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Bonehead Draft Pick Award At Your Draft?

In my 12 team PPR, Ray Rice went 5.11, so there's no guarantee that your buddy gets him at 5.12/6.1 He wanted Rice, so he reached. It was a reach sure, but it wasn't that bad. Furthermore, there are ZERO slam dunks between picks 3.12/4.1 and 5.12/6.1. Your friend wasn't passing up Larry Fitz to take Rice, he was passing up on the first wave of Te run, other backs with large question marks, and 3rd/4th tier Wr's. Getting a pass catching back in PPR can be HUGE, so your friend took a chance.

Its not a PPR league.

He took a chance he didn't need to.

I am clearly not on the Rice train. Guy has never done anything and is in a fantasy apocolyptic RBBC. When McGahee trots out on the field all the Rice owners who reached are going to groan and lement their decision.

Sometimes you just don't get a guy you want if its going to benefit your team and there is a decent shot the player falls to you. Some guys are simply not worth it.

Its all fun and games until McGahee comes in for a series, drives them to the 4 yard line and gives way to Leron McClain. I can hear the collective groan from Rice Reachers right now.

Its not a PPR league.

He took a chance he didn't need to.

I am clearly not on the Rice train. Guy has never done anything and is in a fantasy apocolyptic RBBC. When McGahee trots out on the field all the Rice owners who reached are going to groan and lement their decision.

Sometimes you just don't get a guy you want if its going to benefit your team and there is a decent shot the player falls to you. Some guys are simply not worth it.

Its all fun and games until McGahee comes in for a series, drives them to the 4 yard line and gives way to Leron McClain. I can hear the collective groan from Rice Reachers right now.

You can say the same thing plus or minus for every single RB taken after pick 3.12. That's why they're still on the board. Every single one of them has question marks.

That being said, no PPR.... no way would I reach for Rice there..... :doublethumbsup:

You can say the same thing plus or minus for every single RB taken after pick 3.12. That's why they're still on the board. Every single one of them has question marks.

That being said, no PPR.... no way would I reach for Rice there..... :doublethumbsup:

No. He passed on Kevin Smith. Who isn't in a committee and played well on a dismal team and inherits a running coach.

So, in a non PPR Rice likely falls back to him in the 5th as his #3 RB.

Okay, Rice would have been there in the 5th/6th. No doubt. People are still filling out the meat of their roster. Nobody is taking Rice as the guy. I love Rice but he is still in a huge RBBC.

Our league has two conferences (AFC & NFC), each having 12 teams. Rice went mid 4th round in one and first pick of the 5th round in the other. Like another poster said, the guy had the 3.12 and 4.01 picks. His next pick would have been 5.12. I think the reach here is you calling it the bonehead pick of the draft.

Smith fell to me in the 5th. Which I loved!

So Rice was gonna make it back to him if Smith dropped that far.

If Smith fell to you in the 5th round, I'd have to give 11 other teams in your league the bonehead award.

Our league has two conferences (AFC & NFC), each having 12 teams. Rice went mid 4th round in one and first pick of the 5th round in the other. Like another poster said, the guy had the 3.12 and 4.01 picks. His next pick would have been 5.12. I think the reach here is you calling it the bonehead pick of the draft.

No. He's not a 3rd or 4th round pick in my league. He's a late 5th at best.

Sometimes you have to let a guy you like ride the snake and hope he makes it back to you.

Its a bonehead pick and its not up for debate given that RBBC in Balt. and the fact the guy has had, what, an okay pre-season?

His value has gotten wildly out of control.

Sometimes you have to let a guy you like ride the snake and hope he makes it back to you.

Its a bonehead pick and its not up for debate given that RBBC in Balt. and the fact the guy has had, what, an okay pre-season?

come on Kent. You were pimpin Pierre Thomas as a possible late Rd 1 not too long ago and he has been and will be in a RBBC as well.I know we all feel strongly that Bush will get hurt again (I agree) but what if he does'nt? PT would have to share time all year long and would by all rights and accounts fall well short of expectations.

Rice does come with question marks, will he get any GL? How much of the carries will he have to share? These are valid concerns but as another poster said "all the RB's in this area have question marks", while I like Kevin Smith better than Rice it was'nt the "Bonehead" draft pick. Rice is the real deal and has more size and speed than he's given credit for, he's not that small, he's short.

come on Kent. You were pimpin Pierre Thomas as a possible late Rd 1 not too long ago and he has been and will be in a RBBC as well.I know we all feel strongly that Bush will get hurt again (I agree) but what if he does'nt? PT would have to share time all year long and would by all rights and accounts fall well short of expectations.

Rice does come with question marks, will he get any GL? How much of the carries will he have to share? These are valid concerns but as another poster said "all the RB's in this area have question marks", while I like Kevin Smith better than Rice it was'nt the "Bonehead" draft pick. Rice is the real deal and has more size and speed than he's given credit for, he's not that small, he's short.

Uh, PT was the goal line back, and we've all seen him run wild through the NFL as well as be a receiving stud. This year he is the guy in the NFL's #1 Offense. And his competition is a one knee'd scat back receiving bust at RB. Not exactly the Ray Rice reach comparison.

I've seen nothing of Ray Rice to show he's someone you reach for in the 3rd. He's in a RBBC, and the Raven's aren't exactly high octane offensively.

McGahee is going to get his since he's healthy. Rice is a huge risk. But a great #3 with upside if everything breaks his way. Which right now, is not clear.

The Rice bandwagon will come to a screeching halt the first plunge McClain takes and the first series McGahee looks good.

Heck, how good has Rice been in pre-season? I don't recall the big Rice pre-season play. Do you?

Beanie Wells has had a better highlight pre-season with 7 carries. I like Rice at a mid round pick, but his current value has gotten absurd.

It's not up for debate? Well why didn't you say so in the first place? You sir, are all-knowing.... :angry:

As I said earlier, the bonehead move in YOUR draft was 11 other teams letting K Smith drop to you in the 5th round. I'd have to add you in there if anyone had selected him in the 5th ahead of you.

It's not up for debate? Well why didn't you say so in the first place? You sir, are all-knowing.... :angry:

As I said earlier, the bonehead move in YOUR draft was 11 other teams letting K Smith drop to you in the 5th round. I'd have to add you in there if anyone had selected him in the 5th ahead of you.

I took Calvin Johnson in the second. I wasn't looking to add Kevin Smith to my team. I doubt most Megatron owners also have Smith for obvious reasons. It simply fell to me.

I said it in the first place because bonehead moves are inherently not up for debate. But evidently many folks think Ray Rice is all by his lonesome in Baltimore and will be worth a reach. Hilarious. Boneheaded. I can't wait to see McGahee this year. Can't see how the Rice owners are happy about him if he's their starter right now. I'd have great concerns.

What did he do in pre-season to become this monster? Still a mystery.

This has to be one of the biggest bonehead picks I have ever seen since my first year playing FFB in highschool when I selected Gerrison Hearst as my RB2, two days after he blew out his knee in the preseason. Somehow I actually won that league.

Bone head pick from my draft.....

Dude takes the first kicker off the board a few rounds too early and actually utters the name...."John Karney". We were all in shock and asked him if he was sure and he said yes. I looked at his cheatsheet and it had Karney as the #2 kicker. Everyone else had him last or second to last on theirs. I have no idea where he got his draft information.

I took Calvin Johnson in the second. I wasn't looking to add Kevin Smith to my team. I doubt most Megatron owners also have Smith for obvious reasons. It simply fell to me.

I said it in the first place because bonehead moves are inherently not up for debate. But evidently many folks think Ray Rice is all by his lonesome in Baltimore and will be worth a reach. Hilarious. Boneheaded. I can't wait to see McGahee this year. Can't see how the Rice owners are happy about him if he's their starter right now. I'd have great concerns.

Rice at the end of the 3rd may be a bad pick, but it doesn't classify as a big bonehead pick. I guess I have just seen much worse (see my post above).

All my leagues tend to have at least one guy that makes really bad picks. I don't know how they get there or what cheatsheet they use to assist with these bad picks, but somehow there is always some head scratchers way worse than Rice at 3.12

12 Team draft

At the 12th pick in the 3rd round

Jake Delhomme

Chris Henry went in the 4th round lastnight over players like Jennings and Owens. I had him a a sleeper. with a do not break glass note until no earlier than round 10...

It should be me.

Picked Hasselbeck at round 9 and Garrard at 11. Which I though Garrard has different bye than Hasselbeck. And turned around at 12, picked Orton for being homer. After anouncement I picked Orton, I realized that all of them has same bye week.

There goes my one of FA pick. I so glad number of our FA pick went up from 10 to 15 this year. :overhead:

We did a live draft for the first time this year, we had a new female playing in the league and she drafts QB/WR in the first 2 rounds, then with the 7th pick in the 3rd rounds she announces she is taking her "sleeper pick" of Willis McGahee, first off sleepers done go before round 7 or 8 in my eyes and secondly its friggin WILLIS MCGAHEE, the best you can hope for is a 2 way split.

Ray Rice in the 4th is a reach, but not bonehead.

Bonehead is defined by my Yahoo 10 team PPR autodraft today:

- NY Giants DST 2.6 :thumbsup:

- S. Gostkowski 4.5

- Baltimore DST 4.8

- Mason Crosby 5.2

- Kris Brown 5.5

- New England DST 5.10

Why there was a run on kickers in the 5th round of a 13 round draft I'll never know.

I have the winner - without even having to read the others. One guy in our league usually shows up unprepared, and did so again this year. He is a big Patriots fan.

I was running the draft software and when he was on the clock in the 2nd round as a joke I put in Fred Taylor and everybody laughed.

4 rounds later he said - hey I'll take that guy now. Fred Taylor! Yes - in the 6th round. I could hardly contain my laughter.

Why don't you just start a "Ray Rice Sucks" thread? It'll be easier to find at the end of the year when someone feels like shoving it down your urethra.

Honestly, you just sit around and re-trumpet your opinions throughout this thread, making it nearly unreadable.

Just using the words healthy and McGahee in the same sentence are negligible after his college injury. Knees like that are never healthy.

Rice could be going first round next year for all we know. Guy went with his gut, props to him. It's a reach but it's not bonehead.

Had a live Yahoo draft the other night with friends. Kudos to yahoo for making their software top of the line. But anyway, the clock expired on my buddy and he got Brandon Marshall in the 6th round as yahoo autopicked it for him. I counted 25 WRs between the last guy I scratched off my list to Brandon Marshall, I am sure I wouldn't have touched him there either, just don't want that bad vibe on my team with no qb throwoing to him. I couldn't quit laughing.

:music_guitarred:

Why don't you just start a "Ray Rice Sucks" thread? It'll be easier to find at the end of the year when someone feels like shoving it down your urethra.

Honestly, you just sit around and re-trumpet your opinions throughout this thread, making it nearly unreadable.

Just using the words healthy and McGahee in the same sentence are negligible after his college injury. Knees like that are never healthy.

Rice could be going first round next year for all we know. Guy went with his gut, props to him. It's a reach but it's not bonehead.

A. I don't think he sucks. 3rd round is crazy for him. Boneheaded.

B. Boneheaded is the ugly stepchild of reach. Almost splitting hairs.

C. McGahee has had good years on his repaired knees. Medical procedures have come a long way in America. Are they still using rusty spoons to carve people up in Vancouver?

I said it in the first place because bonehead moves are inherently not up for debate. But evidently many folks think Ray Rice is all by his lonesome in Baltimore and will be worth a reach. Hilarious. Boneheaded. I can't wait to see McGahee this year. Can't see how the Rice owners are happy about him if he's their starter right now.

so you made a thread saying the worst/boneheaded pick of the year was a guy who went...

fitz, r.moss, ray rice, ronnie brown (whom you didnt' like either) ?

AND that it's not up for debate?

wow you look dumb

Somebody drafted Baltimore's D in the 1st round in my 16 team league. Surprisingly he is currently 4-1.

There was left so much talent on the board and he bailed for Rice. I like Rice as a solid #3 RB. Lets not all go crazy for Rice. I like him, but not as my #1. C'mon.

bump, being "not for debate" and all

Desean Jackson at 2.8. Guy was new to the league this year so we didn't bust his chops too much. He was solid the rest of the draft, so I guess he just loved him some DJax. Can't think of a better explanation...............

One guy in my league drafted these RBs:

RB1: Thomas Jones

RB2: Joseph Addai

RB3: Willis McGahee

I'm wondering if he used the same cheat sheet he had from last year.

Its funny how many of the "bad" drafts turn out to be great. I just picked 2 out at randomly to quote, however there were a couple more in the thread.

Its funny how many of the "bad" drafts turn out to be great. I just picked 2 out at randomly to quote, however there were a couple more in the thread.

I was quite happy to let TJ fall to me in 2 leagues this year. I'll probably take him next year as well when the Shon Greene hype is alive and well in TC.

My biggest bonehead move this year was trading TJ/Mendy/SSmith for Turner and SSmith Car. That paid off real well. Especially since I didn't play SSmith today and it could've won me the game!

In this years draft someone took Chris Cooley 2nd. That was pretty impressive. :overhead:

16 team league pretty basic scoring (No PPR). Dude at 1.16 takes Peyton Manning and at 2.01 takes Dallas Freaking Clark. I nearly pissed my pants laughing at that selection. Fast Forward to this week....take one guess at who i played the first week of the playoffs. Karma is a bitch.