Sign in to follow this  
joeunleaded

ESPN has FRED JACKSON as the highest scoring RB in Week 1...

CBS fantasy projections in my league have Marion Barber turning into a transformer and destroying Tampa and then firing rockets at the boat in Tampa. Barber, highest scorer of the week at RB.

And I thought he was losing carries to Felix. But what do I know. Clearly CBS has nothing but geniuses doing projections.

Okay here goes a little tip. Please pay attention.

Websites are gonna have Projections for the week and then they are gonna have Rankings for that week. The projections are just wild guesses as to what will happen. How many TD's are scored for a player, ect. These should be used for entertainment purposes only.

If you are looking for a guide for sit/start then you need to look at the Rankings (not projections). The rankings take into account that weeks projections PLUS the likelyhood that it will actually happen (who the player is).

For instance. A person can project that Fred Jackson will go for 90 and 2TD's. While also projecting that ADP will go for 110 and 1TD. So on the 'Projections' list Jackson would be ahead of ADP. However the rankings would factor in that we are talking about ADP and Fred Jackson here. So even though they project those stats, they would have ADP ranked ahead of Jackson.

Got it? Good, now lets stop freaking out.

I don't see whats so crazy about that. Unlikely, obviously -- but there is no reason FJax can't be the best RB in week 1; hes very talented, and has a good matchup to catch ALOT of passes. FJax could put up 200 rushing and receiving yards and get a pair of scores. That would do it.

Websites are gonna have Projections for the week and then they are gonna have Rankings for that week. The projections are just wild guesses as to what will happen. How many TD's are scored for a player, ect. These should be used for entertainment purposes only.

Ok, I paid attention :Mr-T:

The projections are not even worthy of entertainment value. Some fantasy sites do offer honest to goodness rankings based on projection models. ESPN, apparently, isnt one of them.

i have been suggesting that someone track these for years. that way we could crown the biggest buffoons after the season and maybe get them to reel it in a little, or put in more effort, if nothing else.

volunteers?

CBS fantasy projections in my league have Marion Barber turning into a transformer and destroying Tampa and then firing rockets at the boat in Tampa. Barber, highest scorer of the week at RB.

This made me laugh pretty hard! :first:

The thing about prognostication/prognosticators is that there is almost no downside. If doesn't work out "oh, well." If it does, they're a "genius" and an "expert."

Either way, we retards will go back and see what they have to say. Any one of us could do the same ######, we just don't have a website on which to do it or simply don't feel like it.

Ok, I paid attention <_<

The projections are not even worthy of entertainment value. Some fantasy sites do offer honest to goodness rankings based on projection models. ESPN, apparently, isnt one of them.

Chris Johnson, Ten, RB (Noise Rank: 24, Bench: 8-10 team leagues)

Matchup: at Pit

Captain Quick is unmistakably the AFC's preeminent home-run hitter. But piercing Pittsburgh's stifling 3-4 defense is normally a fruitless endeavor, especially at Heinz Field. Last year, the Steelers yielded zero 100-yard rushers, 3.4 yards per carry and the second-fewest fantasy points to RBs. Johnson was moderately successful against Steely McBeam in his lone effort a season ago, totaling 70 yards and a score. However, the underwhelming performance of the Titans' offensive line during the preseason combined with the Steelers' unbendable frontline is worrisome. Benching your first-round pick may seem absurd, but the paper matchup is definitely unattractive.

Fearless Forecast: 16 carries, 58 rushing yards, 2 receptions, 10 receiving yards, 0 touchdowns (ACTUAL:15 carries, 57 rushing yards, 1 reception, 11 receiving yards, 0 touchdowns)

this Yahoo projection was pretty dam good for week 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :music_guitarred:

Chris Johnson, Ten, RB (Noise Rank: 24, Bench: 8-10 team leagues)

Matchup: at Pit

Captain Quick is unmistakably the AFC's preeminent home-run hitter. But piercing Pittsburgh's stifling 3-4 defense is normally a fruitless endeavor, especially at Heinz Field. Last year, the Steelers yielded zero 100-yard rushers, 3.4 yards per carry and the second-fewest fantasy points to RBs. Johnson was moderately successful against Steely McBeam in his lone effort a season ago, totaling 70 yards and a score. However, the underwhelming performance of the Titans' offensive line during the preseason combined with the Steelers' unbendable frontline is worrisome. Benching your first-round pick may seem absurd, but the paper matchup is definitely unattractive.

Fearless Forecast: 16 carries, 58 rushing yards, 2 receptions, 10 receiving yards, 0 touchdowns (ACTUAL:15 carries, 57 rushing yards, 1 reception, 11 receiving yards, 0 touchdowns)

this Yahoo projection was pretty dam good for week 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :music_guitarred:

I'm very impressed. You don't see that often. It looks like someone did some actual homework.

If you are looking for a guide for sit/start then you need to look at the Rankings (not projections). The rankings take into account that weeks projections PLUS the likelyhood that it will actually happen (who the player is).

For instance. A person can project that Fred Jackson will go for 90 and 2TD's. While also projecting that ADP will go for 110 and 1TD. So on the 'Projections' list Jackson would be ahead of ADP. However the rankings would factor in that we are talking about ADP and Fred Jackson here. So even though they project those stats, they would have ADP ranked ahead of Jackson.

Got it? Good, now lets stop freaking out.

Gee without you I think the fantasy world would be lost.