Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

JETS talking smack to PATS

The one thing that I kept thinking about the whole game was how much Welker was missed. Against a blitzing team like the Jets his quick slants, 5 yard hooks, and WR screens were imperative for Brady to get the ball out quickly. That really hampered the Patriots IMO.

The Jets looked really good, and are built for the post season. Defense / Low Turnovers / Running game.

Welker? Really? I thought Edelman fit his role pretty well and filled in greatly for the Pats.

8 catches 98 yards

Sounds just like Welker's production! :wacko:

:thumbsdown: You are ridiculous, what statement can't I back up, that there are a bunch of annoying Pats fans who can't lose with dignity?? But looooove to rub it in when their team wins?

You are complaining about Pats fans who tout their team after winning 3 SB's all the while bragging about a close fought week 2 (Superbowl) home victory by the Jets? Pot meet pathetic kettle. :thumbsup:

You are complaining about Pats fans who tout their team after winning 3 SB's all the while bragging about a close fought week 2 (Superbowl) home victory by the Jets? Pot meet pathetic kettle. :thumbsdown:

Bragging about 3 SuperBowls????? So all the Cowboy fans can come on here and brag about their team because they have 5???

Hell, I'm a Colts fan, and we've won a SuperBowl more recently than you guys and Im not on here bragging about that. I'm not bragging about any week 2 game, just simply pissed off at the Pats fans who don't know how to take a L the proper way....I guess they just take after the head coach.

I thought they got great pressure on Brady. No sacks, but he was hurried, and flushed out of the pocket a few times. He took hits it seems after most pass attempts, and made some bad throws (the miss fire to a wide open Galloway when he got flushed out to his left side stands out). The key thing is that Brady isn't Brady yet. He's obviously protecting his knee by the way he gingerly places it down when he throws, and with any slight amount of pressure, he gets skittish. It's evident in his body language. Hopefully, that'll change as the season goes on and he'll gain more confidence in the knee.

But the Jets did exactly what they said they'd do - put pressure on Brady and deliver some shots. They deserved the victory. The better team won this week.

As a Jet fan, I wont brag about anything. This is a week 2 win. The Jets were 8-3 last year before falling apart. We have been a playoff team frequently over the last 10 years but havn't been to the AFC Championship since '98. I love the attitude Ryan has this team playing with right now and I love the defense and our new QB but there is no reason to get ahead of ourselves.

But as far as the Patriot fans in this thread are concerned, you talked a HUGE game about how the bulletin board material by the Jets was going to set Brady and Co. off for 400 yards and 4-5 scores! The game was going to be 45-3!

And then there was silence.

And then there was the sore loser sentiment. Must stem from your HC who can't shake hands after a loss? :thumbsdown:

anyway, for fellow Jets fans. We actually didn't get a ton of pressure on Brady. He had a fair amount of time in the pocket for most of the game. I think I counted 4 knockdowns. What threw him off more was the excellent coverage in the secondary and most of all, the defensive scheme being thrown at him. He look almost lost standing over center. He was definately confused at all the different looks he was getting.

But as far as the Patriot fans in this thread are concerned, you talked a HUGE game about how the bulletin board material by the Jets was going to set Brady and Co. off for 400 yards and 4-5 scores! The game was going to be 45-3!

I'd like to get a link to where I said anything along these lines. TIA.

I am an annoying Pats fan who talked the talk before hand and is taking his medicine now. If you can't see that I've given the Jets fair props I can't help you. I'm not going to grovel and go buy the Mark Sanchez underwear collection. I'm going to give credit than look at the team that we are moving forward with. In my opinion that Patriots team can fix things and move forward with a very strong season. Still 12-13 wins.

But while I give the Jets players, coaches, and fans credit I'm not going to panic. It was one game, there were a lot of factors involved and it did take an unusually poor game by the Patriots to keep this one close. If you aren't biased you'll admit the Patriots left a lot of points out there in the 1st half. That's football, put teams away or lose. Kudos Jets, see you in November.

Couple of points I want to touch on.

Edelman did an excellent job filling in for Welker but there were a few plays where you could clearly see the difference. The Jets did not focus as many resources on him as they would have on Welker. It's only sensible that the presence of Welker keeps them a bit more honest and of course the presence of a running game would slow down the pass rush as well. I'll give anyone that point! If the Patriots don't run better we won't win bubkes!

The penalties. Brady won't have 3 delay of games for the rest of the season let alone in one game. Baker killed us with that holding and there were a few others. That's not Patriots football.

MANGENIUS!

MANGENIUS!

MANGENIUS!

Remember MANGENIUS and the changing of the guard? Seems to me like this is a bit like SpyGate. The Jets try to use some inside info to get inside Belichick's and Brady's head and it does work as a temporary distraction. But in the long run it's only trickery and while they are spending all their time trying to get in the Pats head they should be planning equally for every game of the year.

One thing about Sanchez and the Jets on sunday was that they correctly managed him and only took the shackles off when they decided that they needed to pass. Sanchez through two games doesnt look like a rookie, and im looking forward to seeing what he can do as a passer when the Jets are trying to overcome a sizable deficit. Also living in Portland, Me I heard a lot of Pats fans calling up on the local radio show and complaining about how they would not have lost had Welker/Mayo been on the field. Nobody ever mentioned that the Jets were without OLB Calvin Pace, and will be until week 5. Pace is probably the Jets most dangerous pass rusher.

I expect the Patriots defense to come together a little bit over the season, and I think the Patriots offense will get better as Brady becomes more comfortable. Cant wait for the re match

One thing about Sanchez and the Jets on sunday was that they correctly managed him and only took the shackles off when they decided that they needed to pass.

Great point! Same way Brady was let loose on the league by the way.

If I was a Jets fan what I wouldn't want to see happen is Ryan keep those shackles on the QB ala Baltimore Ravens. As he gets better let it fly and let him learn on the fly.

I was impressed with him as well.

BirdBradyBobbyBuckner

I didn't feel like quoting your posts because you tend to write novels, but your first few responses after the Jets win were very much of the sore loser, jets got lucky variety. You may have backtracked after the fact but please don't act like you simply gave the Jets their credit and moved on.

and I think my biggest point in asking why all the Pats fans got quiet all of a sudden is proven in your "its only week 2 im not going to worry etc" mentality. You known damn well if the Pats had blown out the Jets by as much as you and some others were claiming, you would have been the first on here ###### talking and claiming you were right about all the bulletin board material nonsense.

I'd like to get a link to where I said anything along these lines. TIA.

didn't mean to lump you in. there were plenty of those types of comments so im really not sure if you were one or not. no need to get uppity. TIA

One thing about Sanchez and the Jets on sunday was that they correctly managed him and only took the shackles off when they decided that they needed to pass. Sanchez through two games doesnt look like a rookie, and im looking forward to seeing what he can do as a passer when the Jets are trying to overcome a sizable deficit.

That is a great point. I think Sexy Rexy is definitely playing to his strengths, managing the game correctly, and has the offense properly callibrated.

Sanchez appears to have all the tools to become a very good QB in this league. He has the skills now, but the Jets don't necessarily need them.

Field position, minimize turnovers, run the ball, play solid defense. That's it. And if they get in positions where it's not working, then take the reins off of the QB and let him go to work.

Rex Ryan's gonna be a good coach for that team. Hopefully the NY media doesn't try to run him out of town.

your first few responses after the Jets win were very much of the sore loser, jets got lucky variety. You may have backtracked after the fact

I'm not backtracking. The Jets won and beat the Patriots that showed up that day. The only team they can play is the team that plays against them. What I am saying is the Jets are lucky that Brady played so poorly and if they expect to play like that and beat us in November it aint going to happen.

I know we won't play like that again.

I'm not backtracking. The Jets won and beat the Patriots that showed up that day. The only team they can play is the team that plays against them. What I am saying is the Jets are lucky that Brady played so poorly and if they expect to play like that and beat us in November it aint going to happen.

I know we won't play like that again.

The reason WHY Brady played so poorly is because of the Jets defensive pressure they placed on him all game long. Even at times with only a four or five man rush, they were still able to collapse the pocket and force Brady to get out of rhythm. I just think it's funny that you write off the Jets win as "lucky" and can't attribute their success to a well executed game plan. To be honest, the Patriots should be 0-2 at this point and at the bottom of the AFC East division. If you want to bring up the "luck" factor, the Patriots definitely portrayed that week 1 against the Bills. Leodis McKelvin taking the ball out of the endzone and fumbling it away with the Bills leading 24-19 and under 2 minutes left, only to have the Patriots recover and score the game winning touchdown- now that is luck!

I guess we'll see what happens come November. Hopefully the Patriots will "show up" next time, but until then you have plenty of time to think up more potential excuses.

The reason WHY Brady played so poorly is because of the Jets defensive pressure they placed on him all game long. Even at times with only a four or five man rush, they were still able to collapse the pocket and force Brady to get out of rhythm. I just think it's funny that you write off the Jets win as "lucky" and can't attribute their success to a well executed game plan. To be honest, the Patriots should be 0-2 at this point and at the bottom of the AFC East division. If you want to bring up the "luck" factor, the Patriots definitely portrayed that week 1 against the Bills. Leodis McKelvin taking the ball out of the endzone and fumbling it away with the Bills leading 24-19 and under 2 minutes left, only to have the Patriots recover and score the game winning touchdown- now that is luck!

I guess we'll see what happens come November. Hopefully the Patriots will "show up" next time, but until then you have plenty of time to think up more potential excuses.

Exactly - luck isn't about playing well or playing poorly, or executing, or who brought their "A" game...luck is about a bad bounce, a deflected pass, a fumbled kickoff at the perfect time.

Sure the Patriots played poorly, but you don't think any of that had to do with D. Revis completely shutting down Moss?? Or Rex Ryan's gameplan to constantly put pressure on Pretty Boy? Or Sanchez controlling the clock and making all the necessary throws, especially in the 2nd half when Pretty Boy didnt't?? No, that's not luck...that's getting beat, plain and simple. Getting lucky is recovering a dumbass kick returner's fumble with under 2:00 to play in the 4th quarter...that's luck.

As a Jet fan, I wont brag about anything. This is a week 2 win. The Jets were 8-3 last year before falling apart. We have been a playoff team frequently over the last 10 years but havn't been to the AFC Championship since '98. I love the attitude Ryan has this team playing with right now and I love the defense and our new QB but there is no reason to get ahead of ourselves.

And then there was silence.

And then there was the sore loser sentiment. Must stem from your HC who can't shake hands after a loss? :dunno:

anyway, for fellow Jets fans. We actually didn't get a ton of pressure on Brady. He had a fair amount of time in the pocket for most of the game. I think I counted 4 knockdowns. What threw him off more was the excellent coverage in the secondary and most of all, the defensive scheme being thrown at him. He look almost lost standing over center. He was definately confused at all the different looks he was getting.

I didn't.

The Jets looked really good, and are built for the post season. Defense / Low Turnovers / Running game.

:thumbsdown:

We will see, I'm not a Jets fan. However the Jets rushing attack has been pretty solid the past year and two games. Factor in that the QB ooks decent and has yet to make many mistakes (turnovers), plus what looks like a top 5 defense, and you have a team that should do well .

It actually reminds me of the Pittsburg team when Big Ben was a rookie. :wave:

It's as if I actually knew what I was talking about. :overhead: