Sign in to follow this  
FreddieMercury

Week 3 Waiver Wire Gems

I was stupid and waived him for Isaac Bruce. Got him back. Waived Bruce. Only get 40 waivers max so ... really stupid.

So ... Isaac Bruce is an old man ... but the Niners are undefeated.

Wish I could keep both.

Steve Smith (NYG)

Mario Manningham

I may go with one of these guys this week. I need to replace Gonzalez. We can only carry a maximum of 4 WRs, so I may end up dumping him for one of these two.

I would say Johnny Knox will be the #1 waiver wire guy this week.

Manningham was prolly scooped up after his decent showing last week in hopes he was gonna take off. Low and behold, he has!

Forsett is a good choice as well, especially in larger leagues.

Brent Celek if he is avaliable. He was actually drafted in my league late as a backup but dropped last week for Ben Watson. Celek has 14 catches for 140 yards and a TD in 2 games. Thats #1 TE territory.

Brent Celek if he is avaliable. He was actually drafted in my league late as a backup but dropped last week for Ben Watson. Celek has 14 catches for 140 yards and a TD in 2 games. Thats #1 TE territory.

:first: I was worried he would not be near as valuable with McNabb out. Not any more.

Dropping Eddie Royal for Laurent Robinson.

I've got #1 ww priority though and Mannigham is out there, but ive also got Steve Smith :first:

Dropping Eddie Royal for Laurent Robinson.

I've got #1 ww priority though and Mannigham is out there, but ive also got Steve Smith :first:

Corner the market?

Most of the guys listed so far aren't available in my league (12 team redraft w/ 17 man rosters, non-IDP). Depending on news of Barber, Tashard Choice is still available, surprisingly. One owner did drop Sims-Walker last week, but personally, I wouldn't count on anyone in that offense other than MJD, & even he may be sketchy at times given how weak that entire offense is. Interested in seeing what some of your leagues have available in addition to what's suggested so far

Tashard Choice with Barber out might be worth a spot.

Chaz Schillens will be back soon.

with no QB to throw it to him.

I'm interested in hearing more about Justin Forsett. I was pretty high on him early in the preseason but stayed away when they signed Edge. Did something happen to Jones and Edge yesterday to suddenly vault Forsett to fantasy consideration???

What about these "never heard of " WR's, do any of them pan out ?

Edelman -- Brady's favorite target yesterday

Knox

the Jags guy with the hyphenated name ?

Naanee -- the Chargers WR

I'm interested in hearing more about Justin Forsett. I was pretty high on him early in the preseason but stayed away when they signed Edge. Did something happen to Jones and Edge yesterday to suddenly vault Forsett to fantasy consideration???

Jones was ineffective; Edge barely saw the field. Forsett was the only answer against a swarming SF defense. Mora seemed to give up on Jones after a crappy first half (and Forsett was more productive in the passing game as they tried to come back). I would expect him to be used in a Ray Rice sort of way going forward.

Rushing

Seattle Rush Yds Avg Lng TD FumL

J. Forsett 5 35 7.0 14 0 0

J. Jones 8 11 1.4 7 0 0

E. James 2 6 3.0 4 0 0

Receiving

Seattle Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FumL

J. Forsett 6 57 9.5 19 0 0

J. Jones 3 -2 -0.7 2 1 0

The man would not go down. It seemed like he made it through at least 1-2 tackles every time he touched the ball...which is quite a feet against the 49ers run defense. I have no idea how long it will take him to get an increase in touches, but he got my attention.

Jones was ineffective; Edge barely saw the field. Forsett was the only answer against a swarming SF defense. Mora seemed to give up on Jones after a crappy first half (and Forsett was more productive in the passing game as they tried to come back). I would expect him to be used in a Ray Rice sort of way going forward.

Rushing

Seattle Rush Yds Avg Lng TD FumL

J. Forsett 5 35 7.0 14 0 0

J. Jones 8 11 1.4 7 0 0

E. James 2 6 3.0 4 0 0

Receiving

Seattle Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FumL

J. Forsett 6 57 9.5 19 0 0

J. Jones 3 -2 -0.7 2 1 0

By "Ray Rice sort of way going forward" do you mean - doing all the work but not getting into the endzone? If so, who will get the GLCs in Seattle?

I've never been a fan of Julius Jones and Edge is done. Is Forsett the man to own in Seattle or was this a one-game hot-hand type of situation?

By "Ray Rice sort of way going forward" do you mean - doing all the work but not getting into the endzone? If so, who will get the GLCs in Seattle?

I've never been a fan of Julius Jones and Edge is done. Is Forsett the man to own in Seattle or was this a one-game hot-hand type of situation?

Good question. I meant (and this is based on nothing but watching yesterday's game plus my speculation) that I could see Forsett getting 15-20 touches/game with a significant number coming through short passes. I'd guess that he doesn't get goal line touches initially, but this is a fluid situation. I think JJ gets most of the GLCs for now, but the dude is really not good. The opportunity is there for JF, and the fact that Mora went to him more than JJ or Edge in the second half bodes well.

I wouldn't start him next week vs. Chicago, but I could easily see him emerging as this year's Slaton.

Man, just writing that made me kind of excited.

Mike Sims-Walker is a viable pickup. Troy Williamson is out for the year. With Holt being steady but old and slow, MSW will have to be the big play guy as teams stack the box against MJD.

Mike Sims-Walker is a viable pickup. Troy Williamson is out for the year. With Holt being steady but old and slow, MSW will have to be the big play guy as teams stack the box against MJD.

Woah the loss of Williamson does help Sims-Walker out a lot. I think he could make a very nice pickup now.

Mike Sims-Walker

he will outproduce holt and he now has the #2 wr job since williamson got hurt. Mike Sims-Walker was the #2 in camp until he got hurt so he now has his rightful place.

Laurent Robinson.

doing what every thought Donnie avery would do.

Stuckey, Chansi

#2 wr for an up and coming young qb. Will see plenty of targets.

deverey henderson

becoming the saints #2 with moore hurt.

Manningham, Mario

becoming the giants version of wes welker.

I'm overloaded at the Wide receiver position, and only have 10th waiver wire position, but I'm dropping Addai for Manningham. Or at least trying to. I figure I might have to trade one of my other elite receivers in order to make the Manningham pickup worth while.

In my league:

Sims-Walker

Knox

Edelman

That's about it... Hell, even Garcon was drafted late in this league

In one league I am in, not a single person named in this thread is available. Even focking Wallace is on a team. :music_guitarred:

Pierre Garcon after tonight's 7 catch, 90 yard, 1 TD game!!!!

Lock him up.....

:nono: :pointstosky:

what you smokin' man? Garcon had 1 catch for 48 yards.

In one league I am in, not a single person named in this thread is available. Even focking Wallace is on a team. :nono:

At times I love the limited roster spots in my league. This would be one of them as I was able to grab Manningham. Guys simply can't stockpile WR/RBs especially if you have to handcuff a RB. :thumbsup:

Which is why I hate limited roster spots too. I have to carry both Mike Bell and Pierre Thomas. :wave:

I'm overloaded at the Wide receiver position, and only have 10th waiver wire position, but I'm dropping Addai for Manningham. Or at least trying to. I figure I might have to trade one of my other elite receivers in order to make the Manningham pickup worth while.

You're dropping Addai? He doesn't have any trade value?

And you're trading an "elite" receiver to make room for Manningham?