Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Whatever happened to .... Trung Canidate?

I would like to add Onterrio Smith. Dude was good. Until he got caught with a fake Wee Wee. :music_guitarred:

Always guys that get hyped, or had a good half-season to season....and then turn to crap...

Kevan Barlow

Dominick Davis

Quentin Griffin

Kevin Jones

Travis Minor

Chris Perry

Anthony Thomas

Amos Zereoue

Musa Smith

Always guys that get hyped, or had a good half-season to season....and then turn to crap...

Kevan Barlow

Dominick Davis

Quentin Griffin

Kevin Jones

Travis Minor

Chris Perry

Anthony Thomas

Amos Zereoue

Musa Smith

A lot depends on injury as well.

For instance, Dom-Davis, Q-Griff, K-Jones, Perry, & Minor (I think) all had recurring injury problems for most of their careers.

Ron Dayne was no half-season wonder; he stuck around to disappoint us for many years. Supposedly the Thunder to accompany Tiki Barber's Lightning, he proved to be more of a Backfire.

Dayne, who lives in this area, told a friend of mine that he never got enough carries to get into a groove. The problem is, if you carry 10 times for 18 years, few coaches will respond by doubling your workload the next week.

Travis Jervey was a fan favorite here in Packerland, and a great special teams player. He was a beast who competed in both the NFL's Fastest Man and Strongest Man competitions. The Packer faithful clamored for him to get a shot as the starting RB, and I was always stashing him on my bench in Fanball. He finally got his chance, and problems soon emerged. When he toted the rock into the line, he always looked like the guy who dashes for the elevator and doesn't quite get there before it slams shut. He had great instincts for spotting holes about to close.

Funny you should ask; I saw Canidate in a local (Phoenix) Sunday night Cards wrapup show yesterday. He did OK. Hadn't seen him in years.

Oh, and GF, I was in Tucson Saturday; it is still a pit, if you were wondering. :overhead:

Kevan Barlow

Dominick Davis

Quentin Griffin

Kevin Jones

Travis Minor

Chris Perry

Anthony Thomas

Amos Zereoue

Musa Smith

Don't forget William Green.

LaMont Jordan

This is my personal (non) favorite, as I picked him over SJax in a keeper league. But, I have to give the award to the earlier poster who listed Lawrence Phillips. So much talent, so dominant in college, seemed a man among boys, and then... poof.

Brian Bosworth

Tony Mandarich (not fantasy relevant, but quite the bust)

One question: if the Raiders are the only team who thinks Darrius Heyward-Bey is worth a Top 10 pick, will he really be a bust if he doesn't pan out?

Travis Jervey ......he always looked like the guy who dashes for the elevator and doesn't quite get there before it slams shut. He had great instincts for spotting holes about to close.

:music_guitarred:

How good Bo Jackson would have been if not for that freak injury? Every time he got the ball I think he could have took it to the house. At least it would have been fun to watch him run over linebackers like the Boz.

Marcus Dupree (Old School) would have been a beast too if not for that injury in the USFL. Ki'Jana Carter was injured in his first preseason game. I think he would have been a good one.

Oh... and Kenny Watson. He was good too. Then *Poof*

Was he ever good? He was around for like 7 or 8 seasons as a backup in Washington and Cincinnati. I don't remember him ever being highly overrated fantasywise.

Quentin Griffin should have been getting more mention. He is the perfect example of what the original poster was talking about. Not only his one playoff game and regular season opener hype, but I think he was the guy who started the end of Bronco running backs being fantasy worthy. I could be wrong on that.

One day, Robert Smith walked away from the game. Could have been a great one.

With all due respect I don't think Robert Smith should be included on a list with any of these underachievers......he did play 8 seasons.....went to the pro bowl twice....and is the ViQueens all time rusher.....at least for another couple of weeks. He did retire after his best season....basically has said the risk of permanent injury wasn't worth it.......and as I recall he was hampered by some serious injuries early on his career.....including a nasty broken leg.

Having a brain fart here.....who was the 3rd RB behind PHolmes a LJ.....had couple good games subbing for a hurt Priest and an ineffective LJ........got traded and never heard much from him again.......and a guy named Hicks? Redskins maybe? Total hype.... Total bust.

Having a brain fart here.....who was the 3rd RB behind PHolmes a LJ.....had couple good games subbing for a hurt Priest and an ineffective LJ........got traded and never heard much from him again.......and a guy named Hicks? Redskins maybe? Total hype.... Total bust.

Chiefs guy, are you thinking of I was thinking Kolby Smith?

Skip Hicks was the Redskin

How good Bo Jackson would have been if not for that freak injury? Every time he got the ball I think he could have took it to the house. At least it would have been fun to watch him run over linebackers like the Boz.

I think Adrian Peterson is a better back than Bo was... I do wonder what he would have done if he focused on football.

Derrick Blaylock?

Derrick Blaylock?

That's the guy.....wasn't he traded to the Jets?

One day, Robert Smith walked away from the game. Could have been a great one.

This is one guy I was thinking of...1500 rushing yards and 7 TD's at age 28 and then retires...what the hell?

Another one - Napoleon Kaufman: career YPC of 4.9, out of football at age 28

As far as what happened to these guys? Well, they are currently working 9-5 at your local McDonalds. :pointstosky: :lol: :headbanger: :banana:

This is one guy I was thinking of...1500 rushing yards and 7 TD's at age 28 and then retires...what the hell?

Another one - Napoleon Kaufman: career YPC of 4.9, out of football at age 28

Yeah, as someone said earlier, Robert Smith was no flash in the pan. He left because he didn't want to end up crippled in his later years. He had at least three knee surgeries and, I believe, he lost a good share of at least two seasons to severe injuries. Football wasn't everything to him, and he had plenty of money, so he left the NFL at the top of his game before he sacrificed his body to it. I was disappointed when he left, but I think he's one of the smarter ones. He's a studio analyst on ESPN's college football coverage now.

Kaufman, I believe, left the NFL to become a minister.

By the way, how about:

Errict Rhett

Amp Lee

Bam Morris

Natrone Means

Charlie Garner

Leonard Russell

Jarrod Bunch

Gary Brown

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Touchdown Tommy Vardell