Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Tell me again why Dallas let T.O. go?

Crayton, Austin, and Williams ain't gettnrdun.

Matt 6'6" 4.4 forty Jones is still available in case these guys are looking for Wr options.

these guys can't get open and Romo is jittery in the pocket.

T.O. ? The same 35 year old guy who had no catches yesterday? Child please. :thumbsdown:

:pointstosky: yes sir TO is sorry arse old piece of crap that will probably be "hurt" soon so he doesnt have to play

T.O. ? The same 35 year old guy who had no catches yesterday? Child please. :pointstosky:

no catches in Buffalo if I'm correct. And tell me how many receptions WR1 and WR2 have had this year on that team? thank you

he's still a faster, stronger, better WR than the ones that are currently on the roster.

Hey, but if you honestly believe the current wr corps is better...enjoy your long losing recored season

They let TO go because his talent no longer equalizes teh drama he brings. Period. Hee looked old last year and he's much worse now.

I'll bet he's cut by Buffalo in the off-season.

They let TO go because his talent no longer equalizes teh drama he brings. Period. Hee looked old last year and he's much worse now.

I think he's on a 1-year deal.

I think he's on a 1-year deal.

I don't know the details, but if that's the case, Buffalo won't offer him another deal.

just proves how focked up sports are in reality.

T.O. got the keys to the city when he got to Buffalo? :angry:

T.O. is a passionate person and wears his emotions on his sleeve. This becomes a problem as the media baits him after games and in media sessions. They always have and to his own fault he falls for it from time to time. In this age of 24 hour news channels, blogs, the internet, and journalists trying to make the news instead of reporting it; any little blurb out of his mouth was turned into "Breaking News" on the bottom of ESPN. This turbulence caused internal problem in Dallas so he had to go.

If T.O would have played 30 years ago, he would still be on the Cowboys (actually the 49ers) and prolly breaking receiving records.

And yes, you are correct. From a purely football standpoint he would help Dallas tremendously. Simply by being on the field and commanding attention. It's a shame Trent Edwards is so inept he can't take advantage of it.

just proves how focked up sports are in reality.

T.O. got the keys to the city when he got to Buffalo? :angry:

brett did when he went to ny..and im 1 of the bigger favre supporters around..

and i think thats messed up...its NY...

no one should get a key to a city until they actually do something...

and TO is a cancer...pure and simple..you could get his production from someone else..he will kill the bills...he'll be the wr with the best stats not in the hall of fame...

This.

When the media spends 95% of the time trying to bait the guy whether it's win/lose/draw it's time to send him packing.

When the media spends 95% of the time trying to bait the guy whether it's win/lose/draw it's time to send him packing.

This has been happening for about 10 years now. Where you been?

T.O. is a passionate person and wears his emotions on his sleeve.

so did OJ simpson and he ended up killing 2 people....

so did OJ simpson and he ended up killing 2 people....

So does Mark Cuban and he's a billionaire. Whats your point?

This has been happening for about 10 years now. Where you been?

Let's review: Traded from SF because he was a team cancer, comments to the media played a big part. Cut from the Eagles because he was a team cancer, comments to the media played a big part. Cut from the Cowboys because he was a team cancer, comments to the media played a big part.

So, yeah, the media attention payed to his comments about the team/teammates plays a big part in why he was let go from every team he's been on. It says a whole lot that teams would rather get worse on the field than have to deal with this guy off the field.

T.O. ? The same 35 year old guy who had no catches yesterday? Child please. :overhead:

Respectfully, you sir possess limited insight when it comes to following your favorite football team... Do you live in Dallas? Because I do, and was exposed to the TO situation constantly. It takes a certain athelete to be fan-popular in Dallas. Not in a race sense, but in a humility sense. Fans here didn't want TO to dance, but his brash persona never really fit. The man never had a chance with the mainstream fans. I thought the fact he was good for 1000yds and 10-12 TDs a season would help. It didn't.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. I grew up a Raider fan, and couldn't give a rat's ass what a player did off the field, or how much of a great guy he was. If he scored TD's and gave the other team fits, I could care less. I NEVER saw that here in Dallas, not with the fans, nor the media. The media just exploded it all, every drop, every tantrum...

I knew this team would miss him, and also knew he would struggle in that Black Hole of an offense in Buffalo. Basically Owens HAD to take that deal and make the best of it. Jones didn't re-sign him because of the image sure, but also because of the money and years. I can't fathom where they wouldn't have wanted TO back on a one year deal, and if Owens was willing to re-sign in Dallas for the deal Buffalo gave him, then that was a HUGE mistake on GM Jerry's part. I never really heard if that was the case.

This team misses Owens NOW. That deep overthrow to Roy Williams? Owens makes that play last year. Also he took the coverage with him, which allowed Jason Witten to rampage down the middle of the field. Witten's numbers will drop this year, for sure. Bottom line, Owens is still a better WR than anyone on the Boy's roster right now.

T.O. has never pulled a "Brandon Marshall" at practice. He always hustles in games. He has never been in trouble like hoards of other NFL players off the feild. He's never been caught taking steroids.

What's the problem with T.O. then? He is a sore loser, wears his emotions on his sleeve, and probably bi-polar to boot.

Owens, if you really look at it, is all about winning. However, when his team faces adversity he doesn't handle it well. And the media knows it. They circle around him at the first sign of adversity like sharks sensing blood in the water. Should T.O. know to handle it better and just say "No Comment". Sure, but that's not who he is, so he usually slips and shoots from the hip. Which starts the media snowball down the hill.

Once that media driven snowball gets so big the team gets rid of the snowball. Then said team usually sucks the next season. It's a shame really as almost all of T.O.'s past teammates like the guy. Even Romo and Witten liked him last year and didn't even udnerstand what all the media hype was about. But alas it gets a life of it's own.

And the sheeple eat it up with a spoon and call him a cancer, so the media looks for more. It's a vicious cycle of nothingness. :overhead:

We've got a few problems here in Dallas with our offense:

* NO SPEED at wr - I mean zilch. Was at the Giants game, yea Romo fkd us with the picks - but our wrs just do not have the ability to get separation of any kind.

* We DO have one of if not the most explosive running games in the league. Unfortunately we can not seem to keep Barber and/or Jones healthy.

* Romo - can't a have the picks man, and boy does he throw them.

* Jason Garrett - the dude out thinks himself way too much and tries to get cute.

Just on a side note - Witten is amazing. How in the hell he still manages to get open when the other team knows he's all we got in the passing game it beyond me............ And TO had to go. He was a cancer and this team has enough problems as it is with Clowny at the helm....... But TO or no TO, my boys will never win with Wade as the HC.

Cowboys offense is fine w/out TO. They are ranked 3rd in total offense through 3 games. The biggest difference is that they are running the ball more effectively. (1st by a good margin in rushing offense and middle of the pack in passing)

They are running a ton of 2 TE sets and employing a more balanced attack. It's not as flashy as the last few years, but it is every bit as effective thus far. Will it hold up? I don't know, but would like to find out.

T.O. has never pulled a "Brandon Marshall" at practice. He always hustles in games. He has never been in trouble like hoards of other NFL players off the feild. He's never been caught taking steroids.

What's the problem with T.O. then? He is a sore loser, wears his emotions on his sleeve, and probably bi-polar to boot.

Owens, if you really look at it, is all about winning. However, when his team faces adversity he doesn't handle it well. And the media knows it. They circle around him at the first sign of adversity like sharks sensing blood in the water. Should T.O. know to handle it better and just say "No Comment". Sure, but that's not who he is, so he usually slips and shoots from the hip. Which starts the media snowball down the hill.

Once that media driven snowball gets so big the team gets rid of the snowball. Then said team usually sucks the next season. It's a shame really as almost all of T.O.'s past teammates like the guy. Even Romo and Witten liked him last year and didn't even udnerstand what all the media hype was about. But alas it gets a life of it's own.

And the sheeple eat it up with a spoon and call him a cancer, so the media looks for more. It's a vicious cycle of nothingness. :unsure:

KSB, you're even more clueless on this topic than you normally are on everything else.

T.O. leaves every place he's ever played the same way, with teammates, coaches, and players glad he's gone.

Since you're a big Barry Bonds supporter, you should understand what's happened to T.O., since teh exact same thing happened to Bonds at the end. Guys who are total jerkoffs are only worth keeping around when they are dominant.

There is absolutely zero doubt that Bonds could have helped someone as a DH last season. He would have been good for 25 home runs and a bunch of walks. But it would have taken 40_+ home runs and 120 RBIs to make it worth the media circus and his surly attitude.

Same with the Cowboys and Owens. I'm pretty sure that everyone in the Dallas organization knows that Owens is better than Miles Austin and Patrick Grayton. But at this point in his career, he's not better-enough. They felt better getting rid of teh cancer and sacrificing a bit of production. If it was 2004 Owens, they would have put up with it.

Buffalo was a team looking to stir things up and make some ripples. They probably already regret it, but they will stick it out and simply let him go after the season. And like Bonds, Owens will still be an average-to-slightly-above-average receiver next year who will be considered unemployable.

KSB, you're even more clueless on this topic than you normally are on everything else.

T.O. leaves every place he's ever played the same way, with teammates, coaches, and players glad he's gone.

Since you're a big Barry Bonds supporter, you should understand what's happened to T.O., since teh exact same thing happened to Bonds at the end. Guys who are total jerkoffs are only worth keeping around when they are dominant.

There is absolutely zero doubt that Bonds could have helped someone as a DH last season. He would have been good for 25 home runs and a bunch of walks. But it would have taken 40_+ home runs and 120 RBIs to make it worth the media circus and his surly attitude.

Same with the Cowboys and Owens. I'm pretty sure that everyone in the Dallas organization knows that Owens is better than Miles Austin and Patrick Grayton. But at this point in his career, he's not better-enough. They felt better getting rid of teh cancer and sacrificing a bit of production. If it was 2004 Owens, they would have put up with it.

Buffalo was a team looking to stir things up and make some ripples. They probably already regret it, but they will stick it out and simply let him go after the season. And like Bonds, Owens will still be an average-to-slightly-above-average receiver next year who will be considered unemployable.

Hey, I can't help you don't understand that the media driven "perception of T.O." and the "reality of T.O" are two different things. The Cowboys didn't want to get rid of the player or person that is T.O., they wanted to get rid of all the craziness and media blitz that unfairly (for the most part) comes wtih him. There is a difference. A difference an Eagles fan prolly can't grasp as they are too involved.

I guess some people just can't see the forest for all the trees. Good luck with that. :pointstosky:

Hey, I can't help you don't understand that the media driven "perception of T.O." and the "reality of T.O" are two different things. The Cowboys didn't want to get rid of the player or person that is T.O., they wanted to get rid of all the craziness and media blitz that unfairly (for the most part) comes wtih him. There is a difference. A difference an Eagles fan prolly can't grasp as they are too involved.

I guess some people just can't see the forest for all the trees. Good luck with that. :pointstosky:

It's the media's fault...LMAO.

Yeah, KSB. Poor TO is the victim. The media circus that follows him around has nothing to do with him throwing Garcia under the bus in SF, or what he did to Mcnabb and the rest of the team in Philly. Or his driveway situps or his reality show. He just hates the attention, huh?

Wow. Just wow.

It's the media's fault...LMAO.

No, not totally. Like most things it's not that black and white. However on message boards it gets thrown that way. :overhead:

I tried to clearly state that Owens is a sore loser, emotional, and prolly bi-polar which gets him in trouble and makes him an easy target for a "story". Did you miss that part?

Does Owens bring some of it on himself? Of course he does.

Does the media play into his faults and try to make the news instead of just reporting it with T.O.? Of course they do, it's plain as day.

So instead of buying the media driven version, I try to see the whole picture. You should try it. :thumbsup:

Tell me again why Dallas let T.O. go?

Because Jerry Jones was foolish enough to let his son and others talk him out of holding onto Owens. :thumbsup:

As an Eagles fan though, I'm glad they released him. Dallas is/was a better offense with T.O. on the field.

I thought it was great hearing Jon Gruden talk about how valuable a receiver Owens is on MNF last night too. Made me like Gru-dawg all the more. :overhead:

No, not totally. Like most things it's not that black and white. However on message boards it gets thrown that way. :overhead:

I tried to clearly state that Owens is a sore loser, emotional, and prolly bi-polar which gets him in trouble and makes him an easy target for a "story". Did you miss that part?

Does Owens bring some of it on himself? Of course he does.

Does the media play into his faults and try to make the news instead of just reporting it with T.O.? Of course they do, it's plain as day.

So instead of buying the media driven version, I try to see the whole picture. You should try it. :thumbsup:

I clearly stated that he made each of the teams he's been on better on the field. Did you miss that part? So, instead of buying the T.O. woe-is-me version, I try to see the whole picture. You should try it.

I clearly stated that he made each of the teams he's been on better on the field. Did you miss that part? So, instead of buying the T.O. woe-is-me version, I try to see the whole picture. You should try it.

I have an 8 year old neice that is in this stage that she repeats everything you just said in an attempt to be humorous. It's very annoying and childish.

So how old are you?

KSB has won this thread. Easily.

But you cant tell the TO haters anything since he's just like, you know, OJ when he killed 2 people.

:overhead:

I guess some people just can't see the forest for all the trees. Good luck with that. :thumbsup:

So it's a media driven conspiracy that drives Owens to do what he does?

I guess they're the ones who 'forced' him into his own reality show?

From the beginning, he brought it all on himself. That's what happens when someone feels the need to be the center of attention all the time.

He says stuff that's off the cuff, people eat that stuff up. Why wouldn't the media jump on that, when it boils down to increasing viewership/readership?

You reap what you sow. He's a big boy, and I'm sure at some point someone in his circle (business or social) has pointed that out to him. After all, he has two publicists that virtually follow him around. Hell, if you've ever watched that horrible show, his publicists are his best friends.

And it's the media's fault. :overhead:

I have an 8 year old neice that is in this stage that she repeats everything you just said in an attempt to be humorous. It's very annoying and childish.

So how old are you?

Older than you. You accused me of not looking at the whole picture when I had already stated that each of the teams were better on the field with TO. And, for the record, I didn't repeat everything, rather I responded in kind. HTH

FWIW, I absolutely love the player TO. Just don't think he's worth the hassle. Apparently, most of the football minds that actually make a living making decisions about personnel agree with me. How many agree with you?

FWIW, I absolutely love the player TO. Just don't think he's worth the hassle.

I agree. My only point of contention is that the "hassle" has more to do with the whole medial blitz that comes with T.O. rather than the player and/or person.

Apparently, most of the football minds that actually make a living making decisions about personnel agree with me. How many agree with you?

Umm that works both ways pal. You see for every GM that did not renew his contract, or let him go, there was a GM that picked him up or signed him. That's a 1:1 ratio buddy. :overhead:

ETA: I still don't understand why most Philly fans hate the guy. The dude played his heart out that year you guys went to the Superbowl. He came back early from a broken foot and played great. Gutted it out to try and bring you guys a long needed SuperBowl. All the while McNabb was puking on himself. But instead of looking at 'on the field stuff' that matters like that, you all got caught up in some he said / she said Soap Opera drama. :thumbsup:

Ya'll are worse than Red Sox fans booing Johnny Damon at Fenway. Hey Sox fans? The guy helped bring you a World Series that you haven't won since Babe Ruth was pitching ball games. So what if he signed with your rival team a couple years later. Show the guy some respect for crying out loud you bunch of babies.

So it's a media driven conspiracy that drives Owens to do what he does?

I guess they're the ones who 'forced' him into his own reality show?

From the beginning, he brought it all on himself. That's what happens when someone feels the need to be the center of attention all the time.

He says stuff that's off the cuff, people eat that stuff up. Why wouldn't the media jump on that, when it boils down to increasing viewership/readership?

You reap what you sow. He's a big boy, and I'm sure at some point someone in his circle (business or social) has pointed that out to him. After all, he has two publicists that virtually follow him around. Hell, if you've ever watched that horrible show, his publicists are his best friends.

And it's the media's fault. :overhead:

ksb aint blaming media only....not blaming to only.....not blaming teams only....just looking at big picture.

facts:

TO is self absorbed, emotional, attention hungry, sore loser, doesnt accept responsibility for easy drops

TO also has been elite wr in nfl, makes his team better, draws coverage on field, has near hof numbers with all his bs to boot.

Media loves anything they can dig up on any big name athlete, gets paid to have something to say everyday no matter what, has to have something to report 24/7, loves controversey, has a ton of technology to present news in every fashion possible

when you look at all the facts. i dont thinks its far fetched to say that if this exact TO existed back in the day before internet was around, and smart phones, and espn 24 hour converage etc etc etc. that the 49ers prolly keep him and he just goes out and does his thing and all the BS he says gets handled in house. his numbers prolly are better and he prolly has multiple rings. and not many people would know what a nutjob his crazy ass is.

but this day an age, we have what we have.

feel free to rip me now.

There is very good reason that Dallas released him and not a single contender tried picking him up. Think about it. The most succesful owners and GMs in the game passed on him. What does that tell you? Agin, think about it.

Naturally, a team lie Buffalo, which had nothing to lose, rolled the dice (how's that going for ya?), since they are hidden in upstate New York and hadn't won anything since Dallas was good. If they don't resign Owens after this year, an Oakland or Detroit r other desperate team may once again roll the dice, but certainly not a contender.

TO's media circus didn't arise from a vaccuum, he courted them long and hard. He's a narcissist who craves and seeks out attention. You think he didn't know the Lance Armstrong getup would make the lead on Sportscenter? Feeling sorry for him because the media follows him around is like feeling sorry for a guy who sleeps with whoores for ten years and ends up with herpes or syphilis. Maybe he should have thought of that before he climbed in bed with them over and over. :thumbsup:

ok i think biggest thing in this thread is we are all in agreeance about what TO is. everyone here knows TO is great wr on the field and a headcase off.

no one here has said anything different.

the biggest difference of opinion here is whether or not the media plays a part in his dismissal from teams.

anyone who is gonna sit there and say that the fact the media blows it out of proportion and creates the problem that the team doesnt want to deal with, is half retarded.

bottom line without the advances in technology that the media use to their advantage the fact that TO is a publicity ###### would never have been an issue. and thats the point.

no one is disagreeing that TO is an ass.

no one is disagreeing that TO is an ass.

But the main point is, you can be an ass if you're a superstar. When you become average or slightly above average, you're no longer wanted. There are hundreds of average receivers out there who are good teammates.

I'm not arguing the "ass-iness" or "ass-hood" of TO.

I don't think the OP's point about the offense being terrible is accurrate. It is not a high powered aerial assualt, but it is quite productive (even without TO). I have many more concerns about the defense than the offense based on the 3 games thus far.

ETA: I still don't understand why most Philly fans hate the guy. The dude played his heart out that year you guys went to the Superbowl. He came back early from a broken foot and played great. Gutted it out to try and bring you guys a long needed SuperBowl. All the while McNabb was puking on himself. But instead of looking at 'on the field stuff' that matters like that, you all got caught up in some he said / she said Soap Opera drama. :bandana:

I agree with you completely. The way it seems in real life, and mimicked in this thread, is that it is the Philly fans who are the only ones holding a grudge. After TO left each team we always heard how a majority of the players liked having him on the team (except for the 2 QBs he butted heads with). I would take him on the Skins in a heartbeat (it can't make them worse).

I also disagree with the average to above average rating. There is not another average/above average WR in the league that would command double and triple coverage. The teams are still game planning to take TO out of the game. They wouldn't have to do that if he was just average.