Sign in to follow this  
Matrix333

Bowe suspended 4 games?

Just reported on KCChiefs.com live broadcast:

Bowe suspended 4 games because of a performance enhancing substance.

:thumbsup:

EDIT:

Source (thanks to Patriotsfatboy1):

CHIEFS STATEMENT ON WR DWAYNE BOWE

Nov 17, 2009, 12:33:02 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs today confirmed that the National Football League has suspended WR Dwayne Bowe for four games for “violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances.” Bowe’s suspension will begin immediately.

As a result of the league suspension, the team will have no further comment.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/11/17/ch...wr_dwayne_bowe/

WTF? :thumbsup:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/11/17/ch...wr_dwayne_bowe/

CHIEFS STATEMENT ON WR DWAYNE BOWE

Nov 17, 2009, 12:33:02 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs today confirmed that the National Football League has suspended WR Dwayne Bowe for four games for “violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances.” Bowe’s suspension will begin immediately.

As a result of the league suspension, the team will have no further comment.

Traded him away two weeks ago. :( However, it was for Ronnie Brown. :thumbsup:

On the bright side, There may be legal action Bowe can take against his dealer for falsely advertising his product as "performance enhancing".

great, now i have to choose between antonio bryant and miles austin to be my starter in a ppr as im trying to make a playoff push. thanks a$$hole. never again will i draft players on bad offenses. cant believe i passed on reggie wayne for marion barber in the draft :headbanger: smfh

Oh boy that really killed me. I had him in my WR2 spot behind roddy white and in front of collie/nicks.

Now i'm forced to start collie and nicks. Goodbye season.

Trying like hell to trade K smith and Collie for MSW, Calvin Johnson, D Driver or Ocho.

"Performance enhancing drugs?" Too bad they didn't do him any good, the ######'s been underachieving all year.

Now I have to decide on Chambers, Donnie Avery, or Meachem as my new #4 WR.

if you had Dwayne Bowe in your starting lineup, you probably weren't winning anything anyway.

HTH

if you had Dwayne Bowe in your starting lineup, you probably weren't winning anything anyway.

HTH

Bowe is a very good WR3 in a 12 team league....

HTH

He was my WR3. I am 7-3 in a 12 team league. He is a top 25 WR in my league's scoring right now.

Huh?

HTH

:sleep:

Bowe is #24 WR in my 12-team league, solid #3 WR. I call him underachieving as he was expected by CBS and ESPN to be a #13 / #11 WR. But I was lucky to pick up MSW and Driver over the course of the year to cover for this Bowe screw-up.

Wonder he he had the Whizzinator

Doubtful. I think the league policy requires the specimen receipt to be verified by a witness (i.e., someone goes to the can with you and watches to make sure the stream that fills the jar actually came out of your johnson).

Doubtful. I think the league policy requires the specimen receipt to be verified by a witness (i.e., someone goes to the can with you and watches to make sure the stream that fills the jar actually came out of your johnson).

the whizzinator is essentially a fake johnson with a fake urine sample that is warmed to body temperature. It is supposed to pass the eye test.

the whizzinator is essentially a fake johnson with a fake urine sample that is warmed to body temperature. It is supposed to pass the eye test.

Yeah, I know what it is and have seen one in person . . . it looks about as real as Mark Wahlberg's cockk at the end of Boogie Nights.

Supposedly the "witness" has some type of medical training, especially with regard to specimen collection/drug test cheating.

I just want to know what he was taking.

Adam Shefter reported that it was diuretics that he took to help him lose weight after showing up heavy to camp. Under the current CBA, they are banned because they were thought to be masking agents. However, current evidence shows that diuretics do not mask anything and it is possible that they will not be banned under the next CBA. The World doping agency does not ban them at this point. They are also the things that the Williams boys in Minny and Grant and McAllister were taking in New Orleans that they did not get suspended for.

Another player in Philly was suspended last week for the same thing (supposedly) :doublethumbsup:

Yeah, I know what it is and have seen one in person . . . it looks about as real as Mark Wahlberg's cockk at the end of Boogie Nights.

Supposedly the "witness" has some type of medical training, especially with regard to specimen collection/drug test cheating.

so the witness was an expert at 'johnsons"? Suer hope it was a chick doctor.....

I'm in 2nd place in my league with Bowe as my best WR by far. He's not lighting the world on fire, but he is incredibly consistent. He's had either a TD or 70+ yards in every game he's played but one.

yep, my #3 wr and he's been gold. Much more than his substitute Nate Burlesson.

Here's the problem, how bad or good is he going to be week 14 when the sh!t hits the fan in ff. Do you have the guts to start him then? I'll be worried about the "rust".

yep, my #3 wr and he's been gold. Much more than his substitute Nate Burlesson.

Here's the problem, how bad or good is he going to be week 14 when the sh!t hits the fan in ff. Do you have the guts to start him then? I'll be worried about the "rust".

I bet he does nothing in Week 14.

He can't come back until Week 15

On the bright side, There may be legal action Bowe can take against his dealer for falsely advertising his product as "performance enhancing".

Now that is funny :lol:

I'd say the sentence is just to little. They need to suspend his azz for the remainder of the season with a major fine. That would send a meaningful message.