Sign in to follow this  
desertfire

4 players that will "blow up" this week

I've been out of the country for the last 2 weeks so let's get this thing rolling again. Again, I'm trying to stay away from the ultra obvious. We all know MJD and Chris Johnson will have huge weeks this week. Below are 4 that may have been struggling lately but should blow up this week.

1. Greg Jennings- What a disappointment thus far. Driver is out performing him. This is the week where Jennings will torch the secondary of the niners. I see him going off this week.

125 yds and 2 tds

2. Tony Romo- I'm playing the guy who owns Romo this week, so I'm not to happy about his but with Romo having such a poor week last week and think he'll make up for it this week. Orton was torching the Skins last week until he had to leave the game. Romo will pick up where Orton left off.

300 yds and 3 tds (at least)

3. Santonio Holmes- The Chiefs seem to get torched by everyone expect Jamarcus Russell. With Holmes' speed, I think Roth will take a few shot down the field and hit Holmes on at least one of them. (Mendenhall should be good as well)

90 yds and 2 tds

4. Brandon Jacobs- Been very average this year, but I believe he will make a statement vs. ATL this week. I look for them to run well and often vs a poor ATL front line. Look for Jacobs to have his best game of the season.

130 yds and 2 tds

I've been out of the country for the last 2 weeks so let's get this thing rolling again. Again, I'm trying to stay away from the ultra obvious. We all know MJD and Chris Johnson will have huge weeks this week. Below are 4 that may have been struggling lately but should blow up this week.

1. Greg Jennings- What a disappointment thus far. Driver is out performing him. This is the week where Jennings will torch the secondary of the niners. I see him going off this week.

125 yds and 2 tds

2. Tony Romo- I'm playing the guy who owns Romo this week, so I'm not to happy about his but with Romo having such a poor week last week and think he'll make up for it this week. Orton was torching the Skins last week until he had to leave the game. Romo will pick up where Orton left off.

3. Santonio Holmes- The Chiefs seem to get torched by everyone expect Jamarcus Russell. With Holmes' speed, I think Roth will take a few shot down the field and hit Holmes on at least one of them. (Mendenhall should be good as well)

90 yds and 2 tds

4. Brandon Jacobs- Been very average this year, but I believe he will make a statement vs. ATL this week. I look for them to run well and often vs a poor ATL front line. Look for Jacobs to have his best game of the season.

130 yds and 2 tds

i like it.....sure would be nice to get a good game out of jennings. :thumbsdown:

Depending on how bad the knee contusion is for Jennings, he may be a gametime decision this week. They've already stated he'll be limited in practice.

Depending on how bad the knee contusion is for Jennings, he may be a gametime decision this week. They've already stated he'll be limited in practice.

Assuming he's fine, I think he'll do very well.

Carson Palmer ..... 285 yards and 4 TDs :pointstosky:

Matt Forte .... 100 yards and 1 TD (hey, that's a BLOW UP for him)

DJax .... 150 yards and 2 TDs

Witten .... 80 yards and 1 TD

I hope Palmer does good, I'm starting him tomorrow over Flacco vs Colts.

I hope Palmer does good, I'm starting him tomorrow over Flacco vs Colts.

Palmer will be spending most of his day handing off to Bart Scott.

When did CP get traded to the Jets, and become a defensive player ???

But, you are right, it will be all about the run game vs Da RAIDERS....Palmer will be lucky to top 200 and 1 TD !!!

1. Greg Jennings- What a disappointment thus far. Driver is out performing him. This is the week where Jennings will torch the secondary of the niners. I see him going off this week. OPTIMISTIC BUT IT COULD HAPPEN!

125 yds and 2 tds

2. Tony Romo- I'm playing the guy who owns Romo this week, so I'm not to happy about his but with Romo having such a poor week last week and think he'll make up for it this week. Orton was torching the Skins last week until he had to leave the game. Romo will pick up where Orton left off. OPTIMISTIC, BUT IT COULD HAPPEN

90 yds and 2 tds I LIKE WALLACE AS WELL, AND I LOOK FOR A GOOD GROUND GAME, SO I FORESEE A BALANCED ATTACK. ONLY ONE TD FER SURE!

130 yds and 2 tds THERE IS NOTHING BUT OPTIMISM BEHIND THIS ONE

MY GUY WHO COULD GO OFF: ROBERT MEACHEM: 6 - 100 -1

I know you can run against them, but will they trust Scott like the did Benson? Would Flacco be a better alternative? Going back and forth. I look for Palmer to have 185 and 2 tds which I would be happy with.

125 yds and 2 tds

I second this.... i finally got fed up and issued this guy the bench this week.... Id be shocked if he didn't have a 100 this week

with Bush out... I think Pierre Thomas lights up the Tampa. 100yards 1TD rushing and 60yards 1TD recieving.

Like yours esp. the Holmes pick...

here are mine.

Steve Slaton - 12-85 1TD 5-55-1TD

Lee Evans 7-140 1 TD

Knowshon 17-125 2TD

D. Mason 6-140 2 TD

QUOTE(desertfire @ Nov 18 2009, 01:15 PM)

125 yds and 2 tds

I second this.... i finally got fed up and issued this guy the bench this week.... Id be shocked if he didn't have a 100 this week

I'm kind of curious about this - why?

I have Jennings traded for him actually, wisely I had thought given his schedule.

But SF has allowed 1 WR TD since week 5, 3 since week 3 (2 by Roddy White, in that blowout).

I have him benched until he does have a game like you're talking about.

125 yds and 2 tds

90 yds and 2 tds

130 yds and 2 tds

Jennings: I was right on with Jennings. He ended with 126 and 1 td

Romo: Way off. I can't figure this guy out. 158 yds and 1 td

Holmes: Right on with the yds just no tds. 86 yds and 0 td

Jacobs: Was on his way to a good game but got hurt. 39 yds and 1 td.

Everyone scored except Holmes. Not to bad a week over all.

Carson Palmer ..... 285 yards and 4 TDs :(

Matt Forte .... 100 yards and 1 TD (hey, that's a BLOW UP for him)

DJax .... 150 yards and 2 TDs

Witten .... 80 yards and 1 TD

Do me a favor and don't make predictions for guys on my fantasy teams. :cry:

1 for 4 (jennings) isn't terrible :(

Bull 1 out of four is terrible, don't quit your day job

I was better than one out of four. Jacobs was well on his way to those stats. Hard to predict injuries. We'll I guess I was one out of four but the one was awesome!!!!

LOL...every week you make horrible picks and then try desperately to justify....this is one of the most interesting posts here in a while though so keep it up....you gotta get some right eventually right???......

I was better than one out of four. Jacobs was well on his way to those stats. Hard to predict injuries. We'll I guess I was one out of four but the one was awesome!!!!

I was on my way to making the playoffs until I lost Ronnie Brown and Cedric Benson the same week. Good think my league thinks its hard to predict injuries and I'll get to pro-rate those players stats for the rest of the year.

In all seriousness it is impossible to predict an injury unless the player has a nagging one, but if you're going to pick a player to "blow-up" and he leaves the game after 39 and one TD, you can't take credit for that as a hit.

Nice call on Jennings though as I wouldn't have touched him this week given that I though the niners defense would get to Rodgers more than they did, thus limiting his deep looks.

I was on my way to making the playoffs until I lost Ronnie Brown and Cedric Benson the same week. Good think my league thinks its hard to predict injuries and I'll get to pro-rate those players stats for the rest of the year.

In all seriousness it is impossible to predict an injury unless the player has a nagging one, but if you're going to pick a player to "blow-up" and he leaves the game after 39 and one TD, you can't take credit for that as a hit.

Nice call on Jennings though as I wouldn't have touched him this week given that I though the niners defense would get to Rodgers more than they did, thus limiting his deep looks.

Jennings is again going to be a good play this week at Detroit.

A. Peterson - 200yds+ & 2TDs (Tells Farve "Look old man stop hogin the ball & the glory hand me the ball & site your wrinkly white A$$ down, this is my time)

Vernon Davis - Well lets just say for a guy that hasn't done crap his entire career he scored 2TDs against me in week 3. No reason he wont ruin my day again this Sunday!

Jamarcus Russel - Oh wait he's been benched. Wow who's the Women beating genius that finally solved the mystery of the Horrible Over Paid QB?

Ryan Grant - HE'S PLAYING THE LIONS come on how can he not have a great game?

bonus:

Jets Def/ST - why? because I almost them picked up but didn't & I got the Saints & Pats Def. Playing the Saints... yeah I know & your right!