Sign in to follow this  
bsballkingben99

John Gruden

...is awesome. I love listening to this guy!

Chris Collinsworth and John Gruden together would be an allstar announcing ballot :overhead:

Chris Collinsworth and John Gruden together would be an allstar announcing ballot :overhead:

I love the guy. 1000% improvement over Kornholer

John Gruden

This guy! This guy spells his name "J-o-n." This guy is Jon Gruden, not John Gruden.

During the halftime break he is signing papers to adopt Clay Matthews Jr AND(!!!) his dad!!

Gruden ruled as the Raiders coach. The black visor, the Chucky look was born there. He made Tyrone Wheatley and Nap Kaufman the best 1-2 punch in the league and took Oakland from perennial gimps to the best of the AFC. No wonder they suck since he left, it was worth watching the Raiders just to see him do his thing. Guy has juice.

"I don't know what they're calling there!" as Ray Ray violently yanks Jennings down by the facemask :dunno:

The guy loves football and just loves watching the game. I thought he was over the top at first, but he just watches the game and gets excited to see players making plays. Plus he knows what he is talking about. I hope he stays!

NFL network reported 3wks ago the big wigs at disney/abc/espn are putting together a lucrative package to lock him up for yrs to come to keep him from going back to coaching.

I like his knowledge of the game. thumbs up for me. :thumbsdown:

he sure does fawn over aaron rodgers.....

but its worth watching just to see the old clips from the early 90s....back in the days when 1 of his jobs was to go out and warm up holmgrens car....good times...

He does seem to overdue it with praising players sometimes, but he's far more enjoyable to listen to than any of the other MNF booths they've slapped together in recent years. :thumbsdown:

Anyone who complains about Gruden should be forced to watch 24 hours of Dennis Miller & Tony Kornheiser.

Then come back and tell me what you don't like about Gruden.

I do agree that Jaws and Gruden spend way too much time slobbering over players. Last week they were slobbering all over Pierre Thomas like he was one of the greatest rbs to ever play. If they are ever critical of a player it would balance the man slobbering.

NFL network reported 3wks ago the big wigs at disney/abc/espn are putting together a lucrative package to lock him up for yrs to come to keep him from going back to coaching.

I like his knowledge of the game. thumbs up for me. :thumbsup:

when does current contract run out?

when does current contract run out?

I thought he just signed an extension.

Though, means little and I bet he has a clause if he got certain coaching jobs offered to him.

I loved him as a coach, I loved his book and I think he is the best tv analyst ever!!!!

Breaks stuff down faster and better than anyone ever, even than Jaws.

Dude Rocks!

I love the guy. 1000% improvement over Kornholer

Kornholer is an azzhole in person too. Yes, much better announcer than him.

THIS GUY

THAT GUY

:puke:

If I get sick of listening to them announce, I turn on the radio and listen to the game on Westwood 1. Boomer Esiason and Marv Albert are great on the radio. They dodn't seem to like each other and it makes the game more interesting. It would be interesting if ESPN would hire Albert and drop Tirico. It would be like the old days with Cosell, Dandy Don, and Frank Gifford. Albert being the know it all arsehole like Cosell was in between Gruden and Jaws would be a perfect mix.

Chris Collinsworth and John Gruden together would be an allstar announcing ballot :doh:

:thumbsup: Yes, this would be a perfect combo.

I could only wish that these two could provide commentary for every Madden game going forward.

I think he's a bumbling idiot.

"That guy's great"

"I love this guy"

"That guy's an awesome football player"

That figures!