Sign in to follow this  
Portis26

Who is playing Colts WRs on Thursday

I got Collie so I may sit him

id play Wayne, Clark, Peyton - thats probably it; No Garcon or Addaii

I'm playing Wayne and crossing my fingers. I'm going against Manning so hopefully this will ease some of the pain.

why not addai? brown is still out, is Jax tough against the run? Coach said they wrent resting players yet

he is banged up so I see Simpson and Hart playing ALOT

I'm sitting Wayne. Not much production the last few weeks and don't want to risk him sitting.

Starting Colston in his place and playing against Brees.

I really have no choice but to play Wayne. He has helped me to the 1 seed, I'm gonna take my chances with him.

I really have no choice but to play Wayne. He has helped me to the 1 seed, I'm gonna take my chances with him.

I feel the same way but going up against Brees and Chris Johnson, I can't take that kind of risk. Plus I hope if Brees goes off on Saturday night, Colston will benefit from it, you know, the cancel out theory :doublethumbsup:

Playing Wayne and Addai. No much of a choice. My RB 2 selection is pretty week. Trying to hit gold on waivers with Foster from Houston, but I am in the middle of the pack in claiming a player so :doublethumbsup:

You sit Collie but play Wayne, Clark and Peyton due to the team resting the studs?

Is Collie the #1 Stud of this group??? :thumbsdown:

I'm thinking all Colts are not worthy this week. These guys will be playing 2nd or 3rd quarter:

QB Painter

RB Simpson, Hart

TE Santi

WR Baskett is the only other receiver on the active roster ... so Garcon and/or Collie would have to continue playing right??

Have they activated WR Roy Hall?

EDIT: Roy Hall is on the IR

NFL.com roster for Indy only shows Wayne, Garcon, Collie, Gonzalez, Baskett and Hall as their WRs

If that is accurate and they don't sign anybody, I would feel comfortable rolling with Garcon or Collie.

I might be playing Garcon. I wish they were playing later than Thursday. :thumbsdown:

I'm with you. My other choices are Kevin Walter, Kenny Britt, or Hakeem Nicks. Last year Wayne went 7 for 108 and a 41 yd TD against Jax in the fantasy playoffs. Walter hasn't shown up this year, Britt and Nicks have potentail but... I would rather go down with Wayne than to have him blow up on my bench.

I'm sitting Wayne. Can't get a 0 from him this week. I'll pull D.Jackson from my flex spot to the WR spot and put either Ganther, Turner, Snelling, Crabtree, Forsett in that flex spot.

Starting Wayne with my fingers crossed. My wide receivers are absolute crap (I had Eddie Royal to start the season, and I think Denver forgot he was on the roster), Brandon Gibson, Jason Avant, Jacoby Jones and Andre Caldwell! (You can smell it from here), so I really have no choice. Luckily I also have Schaub, Chris Johnson and Gore, so who knows?

I can either play Garcon or Forte as FLEX spot. 1 PPR league. Who do you guys think is a better play?

Garcon

What reason is there not to play the Colts wide receivers?

Reggie Wayne stated sometime last week his desire to play in entire games throughout the season regardless of whether or not the Colts clinched the #1 seed. Ultimately the final decision will come from Coach Caldwell, but I tend to think Wayne will be out there for a full 60 minutes, or until the game is more or less decided should the Colts have a comfortable lead at some point in the 4th Qtr.

I also think Manning, Garcon, Collie and Clark will be playing the same number of minutes. Manning has had some type of glute injury, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't play for at least the entire first half. The guy has started every game of his career and obviously has a good history of not being seriously injured (outside the time he broke his jaw, but still played all the games).

I could see Addai getting less work due to an apparent knee injury he has and the fact the Colts offense isn't built around their ground game. For Addai, getting him some rest would seem to beneficial. Everyone else seems like they should be good to go.

There's 3 weeks left in the regular season and they have a BYE week locked up. Throwing your players out of whack for an entire month between now and your next meaningful game is too long. If they want to keep their edge they have to play their starters until the game is in hand.

Come Week 17, I'm sure they'll rest guys early in the game, but in weeks 15 and 16 I tend to think you'll see the Colts starters out there (except for maybe Addai) for a good 3 to 3 1/2 quarters. If they come out earlier than that it would likely be because they put so many points up on the board that the game is already decided. If that happens though, it means you'd still have a good chance of Manning and company having compiled good yardage and TDs numbers already.

And actually, if they do choose to take it easy on Addai, that should increase the chances of Peyton Manning tossing more TDs in the game since Addai has been pretty productive punching them in this year. If there's no Addai, my guess is they are more likely to pass rather than throw once they're within striking distance of the end zone.

Now I may be completely wrong about all of this, but those are my thoughts on the situation. The only Colt I'd be concerned about seeing his time significantly reduced over the next 2 games is Addai. For some reason, my gut is telling me Wayne will have a 80-100 yard, 1 TD outing amongst his next three. This week against the Jaguars seems like the most likely one in which he'll do it.

I'm sitting Wayne. Can't get a 0 from him this week. I'll pull D.Jackson from my flex spot to the WR spot and put either Ganther, Turner, Snelling, Crabtree, Forsett in that flex spot.

I changed my mind, almost 3 hours later. I'm starting Wayne and putting DeSean Jackson as my flex. Just a feeling I have.

I agree...what's the discussion here exactly? Definitely check the inactives but I'm starting Wayne with confidence...Resting starters now would equate to 5 weeks off ...that's a little much....there's nothing to worry about here...Wayne 7-108-1

I got Reggie Wayne in all three of my semi-final matchups and I'm starting him in every league. NO DOUBT about it.

I have Derrick Mason/Boldin/Meachem as my other WR in one PPR league.

I have Desean/Ochocinco to fill my other WR spot in a non PPR

And my third I'm stuck regardless

I'm not a stickler on the whole never bench your studs theory and will bench in favor of matchups/team performance/weather...but under no circumstances do I want to bench Wayne in this game.

-The weather calls for mid 60's with cloudy skies, but no rain. Perfect conditions for the most part.

--Wayne torched this team in the first matchup: 10 catches, 162 yds, 1 TD

---JAX is very good at defending TE's due to their solid LB corps, Addai is battling a slight knee injury and could be very limited in terms of playing time.

----Jacksonville is a divisional opponent and a possible playoff opponent for the Colts. The last thing I'd want to do is to face a division rival as the division winner in the playoffs. (See 08 Giants, 07 Cowboys, 05 Bengals, etc)

And most importantly...as I said, I have him on three of my teams...he's gotta blow up!!

I'm playing Garcon and not thinking twice about it. As Kilroy already mentioned, it's way too early to start resting your starters. I think you can safely assume the Colts starters play well into the third quarter....and would only get yanked if they've got a pretty substantial lead built up.

I got Reggie Wayne in all three of my semi-final matchups and I'm starting him in every league. NO DOUBT about it.

I have Derrick Mason/Boldin/Meachem as my other WR in one PPR league.

I have Desean/Ochocinco to fill my other WR spot in a non PPR

And my third I'm stuck regardless

I'm not a stickler on the whole never bench your studs theory and will bench in favor of matchups/team performance/weather...but under no circumstances do I want to bench Wayne in this game.

-The weather calls for mid 60's with cloudy skies, but no rain. Perfect conditions for the most part.

--Wayne torched this team in the first matchup: 10 catches, 162 yds, 1 TD

---JAX is very good at defending TE's due to their solid LB corps, Addai is battling a slight knee injury and could be very limited in terms of playing time.

----Jacksonville is a divisional opponent and a possible playoff opponent for the Colts. The last thing I'd want to do is to face a division rival as the division winner in the playoffs. (See 08 Giants, 07 Cowboys, 05 Bengals, etc)

And most importantly...as I said, I have him on three of my teams...he's gotta blow up!!

I have not heard anything about this addai knee injury /

After reading this thread, I notice there is little to no talk of them trying to win 16 games. I think they only sit there starters if they are ahead by 21+++

So, I am debating whether to play addai or B. Wells @ DET in a .5 ppr

My opponent has Manning and Clark, I also have R. Wayne and am starting him. Wayne owns the jags

What would you guys do? Addai or Wells?

I think the Jags are gonna make this a game especially if Freeney and Mathis are both out which looks to be the case. I expect a shootout in this one with the colts winning late in the 4th. As for Addai I expect him to the play the full game and I havent heard anything about him banged up or anything so I expect real solid numbers from him tomorrow night

50 rushing yards, 5-6 catches 50 yards and 1-2 td's

I really have no idea what to do with Wayne. He has been so average lately it's ben killing me. MAkes me wonder if he's a little nicked up.

The thought of starting him on Thursday night and starting my playoff game with another crappy 3 catch 50 yard game from him kills me.

Dallas Clark needs 90 yards or so for 1000. he's going to get it. It may be 4-45 and 5-50 over the next 2 weeks but he's going to get 90 yards. I hope all 90 is this week but I see 4-45.

I really have no idea what to do with Wayne. He has been so average lately it's ben killing me. MAkes me wonder if he's a little nicked up.

The thought of starting him on Thursday night and starting my playoff game with another crappy 3 catch 50 yard game from him kills me.

But if you bench him and he goes off you will never forgive yourself. just my opinion. I am starting him and hoping for the best. Never bench your studs. :overhead:

But if you bench him and he goes off you will never forgive yourself. just my opinion. I am starting him and hoping for the best. Never bench your studs. :pointstosky:

Well, I think a lot of that boils down to your definition of what a stud is. Wayne has had four consecutive non-studly performances. I've had him in my lineup each of those four weeks due to teh 'never bench your studs' theory. Sometimes, to win fantasy championships, you have to know when a guy is no longer a stud. I have no idea if he's got a nagging injury and can't make hi breaks tight enough to get seperation, or Manning is throwing away from the other teams' top corners, or what. But for whatever the reason, Wayne isn't producing and I can't afford to play my high-scoring playoff opponent and get off to a 5 point start because Wayne decides to put in another 4 catches for 50 yards performance.

And with the somewhat disappointing Anquan Boldin on my bench and with a weak matchup against Detroit, I may have to do the unthinkable and bench the highest scoring receiver on my roster.

Well, I think a lot of that boils down to your definition of what a stud is. Wayne has had four consecutive non-studly performances. I've had him in my lineup each of those four weeks due to teh 'never bench your studs' theory. Sometimes, to win fantasy championships, you have to know when a guy is no longer a stud. I have no idea if he's got a nagging injury and can't make hi breaks tight enough to get seperation, or Manning is throwing away from the other teams' top corners, or what. But for whatever the reason, Wayne isn't producing and I can't afford to play my high-scoring playoff opponent and get off to a 5 point start because Wayne decides to put in another 4 catches for 50 yards performance.

And with the somewhat disappointing Anquan Boldin on my bench and with a weak matchup against Detroit, I may have to do the unthinkable and bench the highest scoring receiver on my roster.

How is it you have such a good roster that you have to choose between Wayne and Boldin for your bench. Who is/are your other starter/starters at the WR position?

I'd probably start Boldin at Detroit because you always start your guys against Detroit. But Jax doesn't have a "top corner" to throw away from that I know of. No Champ, Revis, etc in Jacksonville.

To be fair though, Wayne has had some tough matchups the past few weeks. Obviously Houston knows how to defend the guy as he's sucked in both games against the Texans. Baltimore....he did have 89 yards receiving....it's not like he totally sucked. Tennessee and Denver put Finnegan and Bailey on him respectively.....those dudes shut guys down. Everyone else he's played well against. I don't think he's any less of a stud as much as he's had some difficult matchups in the past month.

Jacksonville's secondary sucks. Manning will have a good game, and I suspect Wayne/Garcon/Collie do as well. I don't think it'd be terrible to sit Wayne for someone like 'Quan....but generally speaking, I don't think you need to worry about Wayne this week.

Wayne has started for my team in every week except the bye week. Here is a list of his weekly totals:

Wk#1=>22.20

Wk#2=>3.70

Wk#3=>18.60

Wk#4=>13.40

Wk#5=>12.00

Wk#6=>BYE

Wk#7=>14.30

Wk#8=>20.70

Wk#9=>5.40

Wk#10=>24.60

Wk#11=>8.90

Wk#12=>7.90

Wk#13=>4.80

Wk#14=>4.30

Wk#15=>???

Wk#16=>???

WR Reggie Wayne (foot) practiced Tuesday. He has been bothered some by the sore foot but should be able to start against Jacksonville.(Yahoo! Sports)

I remember reading this about this "foot" problem the last couple of weeks. Maybe he's been playing less than 100%. Now that the games are completely meaningless, it seems to make good sense to rest the foot for the playoffs. If Wayne gets 3 touchdowns in the 1st round of the divisional playoffs for Indy, it'll more than make up for any token touchdown he'd get in these regular season games from Indy's point of view. Also, if Caldwell tells Wayne to rest his foot, it really doesn't matter if Wayne wants to play or not.

So, even though I've started Wayne every week thus far, I'll be sitting him with confidence this week.

How is it you have such a good roster that you have to choose between Wayne and Boldin for your bench. Who is/are your other starter/starters at the WR position?

I'd probably start Boldin at Detroit because you always start your guys against Detroit. But Jax doesn't have a "top corner" to throw away from that I know of. No Champ, Revis, etc in Jacksonville.

Sydney Rice (free agent p/u). Wayne was my 2nd rounder, Welker was my 3rd, and Boldin was my 4th.

Wayne, Welker, and Rice have been my starters, but Wayne's been killing me.

Sydney Rice (free agent p/u). Wayne was my 2nd rounder, Welker was my 3rd, and Boldin was my 4th.

Wayne, Welker, and Rice have been my starters, but Wayne's been killing me.

Nice problem to have .... play Welker/Rice/Boldin .... :headbanger: Wayne

Seems easy enough.