Sign in to follow this  
sirensong

Cowboys and Romo haters, please own it.

The Cowboys won't lose another regular season game this year. They are indeed headed to the playoffs. They won't lose to the Redskins or to the Eagles. They have finally found their stride. There are several reasons they won't lose:

1. They have a championship caliber defense. The old adage is true that defense wins championships, and

they simply do not give up many points. Combine that with the fact that they have a very good offense,

that is capable of scoring points in bunches, and they can beat anybody in the league.

2. They dismantled the #1 team in the NFC, and held the highest scoring offense in the NFL to 3 points in

the first half. They didn't just beat the Saints...they beat them up, and exposed their weaknesses.

3. The victory over the Saints gave them the confidence that they can beat anybody in the league. They

now expect to go deep in the playoffs, not just make the playoffs. They now feel they belong, and are

entitled to go to the Super Bowl. They are now the team nobody wants to face in the playoffs.

4. The coaching staff is finally coming around on offense, recognizing that the more they use their high

octane running game, the more it opens up the passing game.

5. They have heard enough of the critics saying they can't win in December. This team is playing angry,

and taking it out on opponents, as well as exorcising some demons from the past. The Saints win was

the first step in quieting the critics. The next will be the destruction of the Redskins. The final step

to the playoffs will be the crushing of the Eagles to atone for last years devastating loss.

6. They are too talented, too focused, and too determined to allow anyone to stop them from getting to

the postseason. Once they get there.....look out!!!

Pimp...we have heard this song and dance by you before.

It was never a thought that they would never win a game in December...its about them having a poor record in December and laying an egg in the postseason.

Cue a comment about Aaron Rodgers as a way to try and distract from your usual song and dance.

Pimp...we have heard this song and dance by you before.

It was never a thought that they would never win a game in December...its about them having a poor record in December and laying an egg in the postseason.

Cue a comment about Aaron Rodgers as a way to try and distract from your usual song and dance.

That's Pimptaddy? When did he stop just using Cowboy membernames?

Look at the first quarter stats. Dallas outgained New Orleans by around 150 yards and dominated the time of possession. New Orleans out gained, out scored, and held the ball longer than Dallas for the final 3 quarters. Look it up, dummy. New Orleans won the stats in the final 3 quarters, and they looked better than Dallas.

FACE.

Not sure what game you watched, but your facts are wrong.

* Dallas & NO both held the ball for about 7 minutes and some change (each) in the 2nd quarter.

* NO out gained Dallas 121 to 84 yards in the 2nd. (hardly a domination)

* Both teams put up 3 pts. in the quarter.

* Dallas dominated time of possession in the 3rd quarter - roughly 12 minutes to NO's 2 minutes.

* Dallas dominated yardage gained in the quarter - 103 yards to NO's 11.

* Dallas outscored NO 7 - 0 in the quarter.

Not wanting to get into a pissing match with chest beating or Scoreboarding - but not sure what it is you are talking about with your claims. What numbers NO did put up came in the 4th quarter when selling the farm and needing 21 points to catch up. Some call that garbage stats - but whatever, they needed to score 21 points in 15 minutes and made a hell of a run at it.

That's Pimptaddy? When did he stop just using Cowboy membernames?

How long have you been gone.

He has several names now for several teams...but all do the same song and dance about Romo and the Cowboys.

This psycho one is his Pats alias.

purple_reign is his Vikings alias.

Blue_star_wrecking_crew is another Cowboys one.

There were several others as well.

Not sure what game you watched, but your facts are wrong.

* Dallas & NO both held the ball for about 7 minutes and some change (each) in the 2nd quarter.

* NO out gained Dallas 121 to 84 yards in the 2nd. (hardly a domination)

* Both teams put up 3 pts. in the quarter.

* Dallas dominated time of possession in the 3rd quarter - roughly 12 minutes to NO's 2 minutes.

* Dallas dominated yardage gained in the quarter - 103 yards to NO's 11.

* Dallas outscored NO 7 - 0 in the quarter.

Not wanting to get into a pissing match with chest beating or Scoreboarding - but not sure what it is you are talking about with your claims. What numbers NO did put up came in the 4th quarter when selling the farm and needing 21 points to catch up. Some call that garbage stats - but whatever, they needed to score 21 points in 15 minutes and made a hell of a run at it.

No, my facts are 100% correct. I simply said that New Orleans won the final 3 quarters of the game. Yes, they dominated the final 3 quarters. COLLECTIVELY. They won the final 3 quarters. Period. You really should adjust your vantage point and stop trying to spin the data in your favor, because you are simply incorrect.

Dallas was lucky to win the game.

Look at the first quarter stats. Dallas outgained New Orleans by around 150 yards and dominated the time of possession. New Orleans out gained, out scored, and held the ball longer than Dallas for the final 3 quarters. Look it up, dummy. New Orleans won the stats in the final 3 quarters, and they looked better than Dallas.

FACE.

OK, let's look at our statements. i said that other than 7 minutes in the 4th, the cowboys dominated. you said that over the final 3 quarters, the saints outgained, outscored, and held the ball longer, and that they looked better than dallas over those 3 quarters. let's look at the stats.

2nd quarter:

TOP: dallas 7:33, NO 7:27

yards: dallas 82, NO 117

turnovers: dallas 0, NO 2

3rd quarter:

TOP: dallas 12:25, NO 2:35

yards: dallas 105, NO -3

4th quarter:

TOP: dallas 7:02, NO 7:58

yards: dallas 79, NO 179

turnovers: dallas 0, NO 1

those are the stats--they are objective and irrefutable. you're right about two points: yards and scoring, and wrong about one: TOP. but let's see how your answer to my point stacks up.

you want to exclude dallas' two scoring drives in the 1st, but include NO's 2 drives in the 4th. notice that i did not object to that. in fact, i clearly stated that NO outplayed dallas for 7 min of the 4th quarter. but you also made the larger point that NO looked better for all of the final 3 periods.

did you mean that they looked better on the one drive that they managed in the 3rd quarter? you know, the quarter when they accumulated a total of negative 3 yards. did the saints "look better" in the third? or maybe it was the second quarter, where they did indeed outgain the cowboys, but their 4 drives ended FG, INT, fumble, kneeldown? let's give you the benefit of the doubt and call that one a tie.

the 4th quarter should make you happy--you finally got something right. but remember, this only agrees with what i originally posted.

remarkably, when you actually do look up the stats, it's clear that my post was exactly right--other than 2 drives when dallas was protecting a huge lead, the cowboys were absolutely dominant.

but maybe you still aren't convinced. how about we be statistically sound and discard the outliers--let's take out both dallas' 1st Q TD drives and NO's 4th Q TD drives. you do, i hope, understand the significance of this, right? if we eliminate the contentions points for both sides, what does the game look like?

YDS: dallas 300, NO 186

TOP: dallas 27:00, NO 20:42

and most importantly...

scoring: dallas 10, NO 3

so in the end, i'm really glad i took your advice and looked it up. i admire the integrity that you display by encouraging people to find all the flaws in your argument.

:cheers:

OK, let's look at our statements. i said that other than 7 minutes in the 4th, the cowboys dominated. you said that over the final 3 quarters, the saints outgained, outscored, and held the ball longer, and that they looked better than dallas over those 3 quarters. let's look at the stats.

those are the stats--they are objective and irrefutable. you're right about two points: yards and scoring, and wrong about one: TOP.

Thank you for your yeoman legwork in proving my point. I was wrong about the time of possession, and I will admit to that.

But I am right about the other points, and it just goes to show that I am never wrong.

Tony Romo stared defeat in the face and wouldn't succumb. Third-and-seven, Dallas 27-yard line, 6:29 left in the game, Dallas up 24-17. The Superdome was so loud you couldn't read sign language. Calmly, Romo hit Miles Austin on a short cross over the middle; gain of 32. Then he hit third-string tight end John Phillips up the left sideline for 23 yards, then backup wideout Sam Hurd for six. "Maturity,'' offensive coordinator Jason Garrett told me in the locker room. "Plus, he's pretty good.''

This is the sign of a champion qb. The boy has done grown up. :rolleyes:

This is the sign of a champion qb. The boy has done grown up. :rolleyes:

He's 'done grown up'? Saturday was a sign of a champion? So, the goal was to win a December regular season game?

Did you happen to see Jamarkus Russell grow up yesterday? How about Vince Young?

Wow, all these historic failures have gone and become big boys on us. My eyes are tearing up. They've gotten so big. :rolleyes:

No, my facts are 100% correct. I simply said that New Orleans won the final 3 quarters of the game. Yes, they dominated the final 3 quarters. COLLECTIVELY. They won the final 3 quarters. Period. You really should adjust your vantage point and stop trying to spin the data in your favor, because you are simply incorrect.

oh...so it's collectively is it? a collection is the sum of it's parts. NO certainly did not win the 2nd period, since 35 more yards of offense is more than a bit offset by 2 turnovers. you are of course not going to say that NO won the 3rd period--need i point out again the offenseive outputs: dallas 105, NO -3? or the scoring? dallas 10, NO 0?

so who is doing the spinning? even by the most helpful yardstick to you, NO got absolutely annihilated for the first 3 quarters. NO did not dominate the final 3 quarters collectively. they were successful on 2 TD drives when down 24-3, while dallas was in prevent mode to protect the lead. if you had ever taken even an elementary course in statistical processes, you would understand just how grossly illicit a statistical manipulation this is. you'd get laughed out of the room.

but i doubt that education is a cross that you've borne.

Collectively. :rolleyes:

He's 'done grown up'? Saturday was a sign of a champion? So, the goal was to win a December regular season game?

Did you happen to see Jamarkus Russell grow up yesterday? How about Vince Young?

Wow, all these historic failures have gone and become big boys on us. My eyes are tearing up. They've gotten so big. :rolleyes:

what legitimate team has mcnabb beat this year? has mcnabb won a bigger game this year than the romo win over the saints?

week 17

payback is coming..................... :rolleyes:

Thank you for your yeoman legwork in proving my point. I was wrong about the time of possession, and I will admit to that.

But I am right about the other points, and it just goes to show that I am never wrong.

you were right about NO looking better over the last 3 periods? what with their 3 turnovers, 1-7 third down rate, inability to run the ball or to protect brees, and their inability to prevent dallas from killing the clock?

you're wrong, you know that you're wrong, and you think that if you refuse to admit it, no one will notice. at least i hope that you know that you're wrong, because ignorage on that level would be downright astonishing. the only possible point that you could make is that NO looked better in the 4th quarter.

which, amusingly, is exactly what i said in the first place.

the best part is that collectively, dallas dominated all 4 quarters.

:rolleyes:

what legitimate team has mcnabb beat this year? has mcnabb won a bigger game this year than the romo win over the saints?

week 17

payback is coming..................... :rolleyes:

All I know is that McNabb is 3-0 in December and Romo is 1-2. That's why Dallas finds themselves looking up at Philly.

He's also beaten the Giants twice, something that Romo couldn't seem to manage. :rolleyes:

you were right about NO looking better over the last 3 periods? what with their 3 turnovers, 1-7 third down rate, inability to run the ball or to protect brees, and their inability to prevent dallas from killing the clock?

you're wrong, you know that you're wrong, and you think that if you refuse to admit it, no one will notice. at least i hope that you know that you're wrong, because ignorage on that level would be downright astonishing. the only possible point that you could make is that NO looked better in the 4th quarter.

which, amusingly, is exactly what i said in the first place.

the best part is that collectively, dallas dominated all 4 quarters.

:rolleyes:

dallas also collectively dominated all 4 qts of the game against the eagles. funny, how the saints and eagles fans both were dominated. Interesting that their fans refuse to accept this fact. Serious denial going on here.

Collectively. :rolleyes:

he's amusing--i'll give him that. i have to say that this is the first time EVER that i've seen someone argue...

"except for when one team was crushing the other, the other team was winning".

you've gotta admit, that's a pretty funny statement.

All I know is that McNabb is 3-0 in December and Romo is 1-2. That's why Dallas finds themselves looking up at Philly.

He's also beaten the Giants twice, something that Romo couldn't seem to manage. :rolleyes:

i'd phrase it as "the eagles are 3-0 and the cowboys are 1-2", but your point is a good one.

the duel should be interesting.

he's amusing--i'll give him that. i have to say that this is the first time EVER that i've seen someone argue...

"except for when one team was crushing the other, the other team was winning".

you've gotta admit, that's a pretty funny statement.

It is the old "you only won on the scoreboard argument".

It is the old "you only won on the scoreboard argument".

Well, if it's any consolation, you only 'lost on the scoreboard' the two weeks before that.

Well, if it's any consolation, you only 'lost on the scoreboard' the two weeks before that.

lets get real buddy. YOu talk trash here about dallas and romo........here is some info...

dallas beat your team. dallas would have betten the chargers if not for ware getting hurt and folk missing kicks. Most importantly dallas just wrecked the saints.

those are three top teams that dallas has beaten or played tough and would have won if not for fluke missed kicks.

The fact that eagles fans start threads bashing romo proves they are scared of week 17 and scared of dallas and romo in the playoffs.

lets get real buddy. YOu talk trash here about dallas and romo........here is some info...

dallas beat your team. dallas would have betten the chargers if not for ware getting hurt and folk missing kicks. Most importantly dallas just wrecked the saints.

those are three top teams that dallas has beaten or played tough and would have won if not for fluke missed kicks.

The fact that eagles fans start threads bashing romo proves they are scared of week 17 and scared of dallas and romo in the playoffs.

standings

suck It

:headbanger:

Hell, there's a chance that Dallas will be fighting to make the playoffs in week 17 while Philly is resting it's starters and you'll be playing against Kevin Kolb, Ira Buckley, and Reggie Brown.

Still would be a pretty good game.

Anybody out there care to comment on Dallas not being able to win in December now. Not only did they win, but they dominated the Saints, furthermore, they had to resort to hurry up offense to have a chance, but in the end even with their weapons ours were bigger and hit harder.

Romo sucks! Cowboys suck!

oh...so it's collectively is it? a collection is the sum of it's parts. NO certainly did not win the 2nd period, since 35 more yards of offense is more than a bit offset by 2 turnovers. you are of course not going to say that NO won the 3rd period--need i point out again the offenseive outputs: dallas 105, NO -3? or the scoring? dallas 10, NO 0?

so who is doing the spinning? even by the most helpful yardstick to you, NO got absolutely annihilated for the first 3 quarters. NO did not dominate the final 3 quarters collectively. they were successful on 2 TD drives when down 24-3, while dallas was in prevent mode to protect the lead. if you had ever taken even an elementary course in statistical processes, you would understand just how grossly illicit a statistical manipulation this is. you'd get laughed out of the room.

but i doubt that education is a cross that you've borne.

Collectively is defined as "denoting a number of persons or things considered as one group or whole". In other words, when I said New Orleans dominated the final 3 quarters, that meant 2nd quarter + 3rd quarter + 4th quarter. Now, I am a data analyst by profession for a very large and prestigious organization, and people at this site can verify that fact that I've communicated over the years. No need to apologize for your mistake. Unfortunately, I am sometimes leaving out key words in my explanations, like collectively, because I assume I am talking to a peer of reasonable deductive ability. I should be have been more clear for the the less perceptive posters at this site.

I never said piece meal. I said New Orleans dominated the final 3 quarters. Statistically, they won the final 3 quarters. That is simply math. Reality is that Dallas barely held on to win, after building up a sizable early lead. Logically, how do you dominate a game and barely win? It's not rocket science. Now, you will slink away from your verbal thrashing if you have any dignity left.

Collectively is defined as "denoting a number of persons or things considered as one group or whole". In other words, when I said New Orleans dominated the final 3 quarters, that meant 2nd quarter + 3rd quarter + 4th quarter. Now, I am a data analyst by profession for a very large and prestigious organization, and people at this site can verify that fact that I've communicated over the years. No need to apologize for your mistake. Unfortunately, I am sometimes leaving out key words in my explanations, like collectively, because I assume I am talking to a peer of reasonable deductive ability. I should be have been more clear for the the less perceptive posters at this site.

I never said piece meal. I said New Orleans dominated the final 3 quarters. Statistically, they won the final 3 quarters. That is simply math. Reality is that Dallas barely held on to win, after building up a sizable early lead. Logically, how do you dominate a game and barely win? It's not rocket science. Now, you will slink away from your verbal thrashing if you have any dignity left.

Siren song sounds more intelligent than you, regardless what you meant. In anycase, either way, it doesn't matter, they play a whole game and Dallas won.

Awesome...

You talk all sorts of crap about Rodgers and the Packers.

Here is some info...the Packers and Rodgers obliterated your Cowboys.

It had nothing to do with anyone hurt or missing kicks...just flat out got dominated by the Packers.

Yes, you're right. A big step for Romo.

This year, he's only lost 2 for every win in December. Definitely an improvement over 1 of every 4.

maybe you havent watched the Cowboys games this December. the two losses aint on Romo. they're on the defense for the most part.

as for the Cowboys chances, i'm cautiously optimistic. this is the NFL, everything can change in a week.

Now, you will slink away from your verbal thrashing if you have any dignity left.

so not only are you reading your resume on an internet forum, you're trying to end the conversation. these rate just after godwin's law as symptoms of an untenable position.

let's look at your argument once again. First, you said that NO "won the stats in the final 3 quarters". this is what bit you--"in the" indicates discontinuous severalty. in smaller words, it implies "each". if a person said "in the 5 wars of the 20th century, america dominated", they would be wrong, since the US did not dominate in korea or vietnam. however, if you said something like "over the span of 20th century , america was dominant in warfare", then you wouldn't be wrong (analytically speaking--synthetic is problematic). had you used proper teminology, like "over the span of...", then your current argument might have some merit. your usage, however, literally means "during each of the final three quarters, the saints dominated". how do i know this? here's a bit of my resume--my fields of study are analytic philosophy, linguistics, and literary criticism. language and logic sont mon truc.

so your point was that NO was "dominating" and "looking better" even when they were failing to score, turning the ball over, and letting dallas eat the clock. this is implicit in your statement. when you saw just how egregious your error was, you backed off and said "nonono...i meant collectively."

if you are what you claim to be, then of course you know how risible a set manipulation you're trying to foist on the board, and you're hoping that no one will notice. you said that the saints dominated the 2nd + 3rd + 4th quarters (on the strength of 2 TD drives in the 4th). now, if that is the case, then it is also true that dallas dominated the 1st + 2nd + 3rd quarters. this means that the 2nd and 3rd quarters were dominated by both dallas and NO. they both "looked better" than each other at the same time. go ahead--do an occlusive diagram.

but you don't need to, because you know exactly what you're trying to pull. and you're hoping to hide behind volume and your "prestigious organization". if you really do handle data, you know that the only way to accurately asses what happened statistically is to weight the sets evenly. the equivalencies--the cowboys' 1stQ TD drives and the saints' 4thQ TD drives--get discarded.

what is the result?

YDS: dallas 300, NO 186

TOP: dallas 27:00, NO 20:42

scoring: dallas 10, NO 3

and don't stop--this is really amusing. by all means, continue to defend the hole into which you've dug yourself.

so not only are you reading your resume on an internet forum, you're trying to end the conversation.

those are the stats--they are objective and irrefutable. you're right about two points: yards and scoring, and wrong about one: TOP.

We've agreed that I was right about nearly everything. Why must thou continue to babble on? This discussion is finished.

Thank you again for agreeing with me. I'm being gracious. Thoust should acknowledge it.

they play a whole game and Dallas won.

I cannot dispute this. The end result is not debatable.

Nightmare scenario for the Cowboys:

-Cowboys lose to Redskins, beat Eagles

-Eagles lose to Denver

-Minnesota beats Chicago, loses to Giants (sitting starters because they locked up the 2nd seed).

-Giants Beat Carolina, Vikings

-Green Bay wins 1 of its 2 remaining games.

Minnesota 2nd seed

Philadelphia, Dallas, Giants three way tie for first. Three way head-to-head tied at 2-2. Eagles and Giants have better

division record (4-2) than Dallas (3-3), so Dallas does not win division. Eagles win head-to-head against Giants and win division. Giants beat Dallas head-to-head and wins one wildcard. Green Bay beat Dallas head-to-head and takes other wildcard. Cowboys miss playoffs with 10-6 record.

I don't think the Cowboys will lose to the Redskins, but stranger things have happened.

Nightmare scenario for the Cowboys:

-Cowboys lose to Redskins

I was thinking that this might be a tough game for the Cowboys, but after watching Washington last night, in a home, prime time game, they are finished. I guess they realzie the whole team is going to be decomated by Allen and the coaching staff are all lame ducks. Dallas should win by 30 next week. Washington has no fight left.

I was thinking that this might be a tough game for the Cowboys, but after watching Washington last night, in a home, prime time game, they are finished. I guess they realzie the whole team is going to be decomated by Allen and the coaching staff are all lame ducks. Dallas should win by 30 next week. Washington has no fight left.

I hate it when a team gets decomated :thumbsup:

* I was a little surprised Washington just flat out laid down last night.

* I feel much better about our game with the Skins next week - but by no means am fully confident. We seem to insist on playing them sloppy.

* I am glad Minny lost this week, and I hope they need to win in week 17 to secure a 1st round Bye.

* We are still not out of the woods. There is a real possibility (still) that we do not make it, even if we win this week. If Minny sits everybody against NY the last week - we may be in big trouble.

precisely and the eagles better watch out for denver. denver is playing hard and they have the talent to kill the eagles. week 17.......so fun........gonna love seeing the eagles get paid back for their 44-6 crime against dallas.

precisely and the eagles better watch out for denver. denver is playing hard and they have the talent to kill the eagles. week 17.......so fun........gonna love seeing the eagles get paid back for their 44-6 crime against dallas.

denver is playing hard???? again, are you that big an idiot??? you're talking about a team that 2-6 in their last 8 games after starting 6-0. you're stupidity is approaching legendary status. :thumbsdown:

denver is playing hard???? again, are you that big an idiot??? you're talking about a team that 2-6 in their last 8 games after starting 6-0. you're stupidity is approaching legendary status. :thumbsdown:

denver beats the ea-girls. Mark it down. philly is done. marshall will get 200 yards and 2-3 tds.

denver beats the ea-girls. Mark it down. philly is done. marshall will get 200 yards and 2-3 tds.

thanks. just benched marshall for my championship. an endorsement by someone of your credentials pretty much guarantees a sh!t performance by him. :headbanger:

denver is playing hard???? again, are you that big an idiot??? you're talking about a team that 2-6 in their last 8 games after starting 6-0. you're stupidity is approaching legendary status. :headbanger:

Denver has played terribly since their fluke start, but with Dallas ahead, I would be disappointed but not shocked to see an upset. It is highly unlikely and Philly is the far better team, but I've seen worse teams than Denver beat better teams than the Eagles, especially when there's a supposed- 'big game' the next week.