Wes Welker

Rivers

Brady

and maybe even

Moreno

D.Jackson

D.Clark

Welp, that about sums it up - - you lose

You do realize that you have completely contradicted your previous posts with this statement. Charles has put up Johnsonesque circa 2005 numbers behind a much much worse line.

No, you need some help with your reading comprehension.

Larry Johnson circa 2005 and Larry Johnson circa 2009 are 2 entirely different running backs. All that can be inferred about Jamaal Charles is that he is better than Larry Johnson circa 2009, the guy who hasn't gotten over 200 carries in a year since his 416-carry campaign in 2006.

If KC doesnt get a early round RB draft pick, I'm gonna own this kid next year even if I have to "reach" for him toward the end of the 1st round in my redraft. He can score from anywhere on the field......60 yards away or 6 yards away. My kind of back.

Ya'll go ahead and grab LT, Fitz, and Brady.....Charles is my man. I am sold. He is money.

No, you need some help with your reading comprehension.

Larry Johnson circa 2005 and Larry Johnson circa 2009 are 2 entirely different running backs. All that can be inferred about Jamaal Charles is that he is better than Larry Johnson circa 2009, the guy who hasn't gotten over 200 carries in a year since his 416-carry campaign in 2006.

Chris Jennings is a better running back in 2009 than Jim Brown in 2009. :doublethumbsup:

CJ

ADP

MJD

Rice

A.Johnson

Gore

Turner

Fitz

Brees

Steven Jackson

Wayne

Manning

To start out with, then

Moss

Benson

Rodgers

Mendenhall

B.Marshall

Wes Welker

Rivers

Brady

and maybe even

Moreno

D.Jackson

D.Clark

Charles has already outproduced - Benson, Mendy, Moreno, SJ, Turner, and Rice in only 1/2 the games played

If KC doesnt get a early round RB draft pick, I'm gonna own this kid next year even if I have to "reach" for him toward the end of the 1st round in my redraft. He can score from anywhere on the field......60 yards away or 6 yards away. My kind of back.

Ya'll go ahead and grab LT, Fitz, and Brady.....Charles is my man. I am sold. He is money.

This sounds like a Steve Slaton post from 8 months ago.

Charles has already outproduced - Benson, Mendy, Moreno, SJ, Turner, and Rice in only 1/2 the games played

Okay I get it now. You're one of those guys. You print out last years stats and draft for next season strictly by those. Gotcha. :doublethumbsup:

I don't agree. Many people including myself avoided Slaton this season with the preseason news surrounding him. And Slaton didn't play to anywhere near the level last year as Charles did this year. Go look at his numbers last year. They were not all that good compared to how some talked about him, especially in non-PPR.

I took Slaton 2.03 - - I'll admit. So no reason not to try with Jamaal Charles

why don't you throw a shout out to all the Forte owners to begin this season.

Okay I get it now. You're one of those guys. You print out last years stats and draft for next season strictly by those. Gotcha. :doublethumbsup:

I don't think so - - I go by facts yes, and I go by my gut feelings also. I'll keep my eyes and ears open this offseason on what happens to the chiefs. Jamaal Charles is of interest though, what can I say?

Wrong. One big difference.....I was never sold on Slaton and didn't draft him. Charles is no Slaton.....he has proven that.

I don't agree.

You don't agree that many folks were really high on Steve Slaton and he was drafted late first round/ early second in alot of drafts? That is not an opinion to agree or disagree with. That's how it was. :doublethumbsup:

You must also disagree with the sky being blue too.

Charles is no Slaton.....he has proven that.

We won't know that until this time next year. Do you own a cryatal ball or something?

We won't know that until this time next year. Do you own a cryatal ball or something?

No crystal ball, but I have made my living in FF by recognizing raw talent and, to a lesser extent, scouting late-season trends. We can disagree on Charles if you choose.....no prob. However, I will stake next years fantasy success by anchoring my team, in part, on this kid...........again, if and only if KC also believes in him and doesn't draft an early round RB pick.

No crystal ball, but I have made my living in FF by recognizing raw talent and, to a lesser extent, scouting late-season trends. We can disagree on Charles if you choose.....no prob. However, I will stake next years fantasy success by anchoring my team, in part, on this kid...........again, if and only if KC also believes in him and doesn't draft an early round RB pick.

:thumbsup: this is exactly how i feel

if you don't think Charles is a talent, that is fine we disagree. playing in no restriction 2 man keeper league, getting the young studs that are featured RBs is a priority due to their increasing rarity even more so than redraft leagues. but the kid hasn't just flashed elite talent, he has sustained it from day one even on a crappy team. people throw around the forte comparison? forte never had a stretch like Charles has had, never look NEARLY as good as Charles has, and had his breakout year on a good team - one that fell apart and caused a bust year for forte.

Why was forte such a high pick last year? because he was one of the few feature backs. thats why he was drafted over chris johnson in most leagues. if charles goes into next season as the feature guy i give him a 100% chance to be a top 10 RB, 50% top 5 next year barring injury.

for christsakes forte ended up RB11 in my league. it is all about those feature backs

I took Cedric Benson, Ray Rice, and Jamaal Charles in the 10th, 11th and 12th rounds this year. Which 2 should I keep?

I play in an 18 team keeper league.

Thanks.

ps. I tried the help bored, but no one there has teh good advise.

pss. War Quentin Griffiths

I took Cedric Benson, Ray Rice, and Jamaal Charles in the 10th, 11th and 12th rounds this year. Which 2 should I keep?

Thanks.

to early to tell chief - a lot will happen from now until you have to make that choice

Thanks.

i like benson, but i'd err on the side of the two younger guys.

Thanks.

I like Rice and Charles, but I'd error on the side of the two older guys.

I agree here. Big time. After today - jesus focking CHRIST. His talent can't be ignored.

KC will be MUCH better with him in the fold.

I think that there is a huge oversight taking place in this thread. This is not his first year, nor is it the first time he has flashed any brilliance.

I drafted Charles in the 3rd round of my dynasty draft, and the 18th round of my startup dynasty. I did so because I saw him run in 2008, and knew that he was already the best back on the roster. It was only a matter of time. What we have seen the second half of the season is the fruition of what many had already seen. Many in this thread are making it sound as though he was not even drafted this year and acting as though he was picked up off someone else's practice squad. Good grief, folks. If you are not evaluating talent ahead of time, you are already behind the curve. That is especially true in dynasty leagues, and keepers to a lesser extent.

I can see arguing for where he should be drafted, but dismissing him as a first round pick does not make a whole lot of sense. I will consider him there, unless Kansas City shows that they do not see him as their feature back. Any team needs to be allowed to be foolish.

Thanks.

Your'e opinions are useless because you play in kiddie leagues. No way in hell that Cedric Benson and/or Ray Rice should've been available in the 10th and 11th rounds in anykind of competitive format. They were 4th to 6th roound draft picks in drafts where people actually paid attention. When you stop playing with your Grandma and dem', then we might take you seriously. :dunno:

And nobody is saying Jamal Charles will be a bust or sucks. He has the upside. Hell, he was on my fantasy team this year so I paid close attention. But that's not the point or the question. The question is he worth a first round draft pick (top 12 overall in 2010). So ya'll can stop with the hyperbole. TIA

Ok, can you guys all shut up already??? Charles will more than likely be no more than a 3rd rounder next year, or an RB2. You guys keep talking like this and I won't be able to get him as my "sneaky #1 producing RB drafted later" that propels me to the championship (Ray Rice this year). Just be quiet already. The roar of Jamaal's closing stretch will die down over the offseason, he still plays for KC and I should be able to get him around 3rd round next year....so just stop it, stop hyping him!!!

Ok, can you guys all shut up already??? Charles will more than likely be no more than a 3rd rounder next year, or an RB2. You guys keep talking like this and I won't be able to get him as my "sneaky #1 producing RB drafted later" that propels me to the championship (Ray Rice this year). Just be quiet already. The roar of Jamaal's closing stretch will die down over the offseason, he still plays for KC and I should be able to get him around 3rd round next year....so just stop it, stop hyping him!!!

I'm trying my best to downplay the guy. :dunno:

3rd rounder? Maybe in your league...only if your grandma passes on him in the 2nd.

Volek and Bennett were together during the same season and sucked badly during week 16. I know because I started Volek in a chip game. Volek was not highly regarded at all going into next season because he was still the backup for McNair.

Bennett was similiar in that McNair was coming back and thus rated according. Still taken too high of course.

The Packers jumped the gun and gave Grant a pretty good deal after that run so nobody would have that much doubt as to if he were starting and getting most of the work. But Grants 09 numbers were better than his 08 numbers over that entire season. Not a bust in 09.

Thomas scored quite a bit in the second half but yardagewise was not that impressive and went in drafts/auctions based on speculation as much as anything because he plays with Drew Brees. He did nothing even close to what Charles has done as far as overall play.

I agree with you completely here, in fact my main frustration with the New Orleans RBBC (and giving a gravy training plumber like Mike Bell goal line carries) was due to my drafting Thomas and what I thought he could do in that offense. I feel there is more than one of us who'd agree if he was given the ball fulltime with the Saints (maybe 20-25 touches per game) that Thomas could put up monster numbers. The only concern would be that he got dinged up here and there during the season.

I also believe Charles was a mystery in the draft because of LJ, the fact he played on a KC, and the fact nobody knew what Haley would do with what was percieved to be a pass first offense. Once LJ was shipped, most people were already set at the position and didn't feel the need to reach on a guy like Charles. The guy who snagged him in our league made a genius pickup.

I'm a big fan of RB's who are solo ride on their teams, even ones that are mutts. But I do want to point out that Charles' late season run (he only exceeded 100 yds once through Week 13 and didn't have 20 carries in any of those games) was helped by the fact he faced the 30th, 29th, and 25th ranked run defenses in Weeks 14-17. He did steamroll Cincinnati's #2 ranked rush defense in Week 16, though it is debatable whether the Bengals had totally thrown in the towel by then.

Volek and Bennett were together during the same season and sucked badly during week 16. I know because I started Volek in a chip game. Volek was not highly regarded at all going into next season because he was still the backup for McNair.

Bennett was similiar in that McNair was coming back and thus rated according. Still taken too high of course.

The Packers jumped the gun and gave Grant a pretty good deal after that run so nobody would have that much doubt as to if he were starting and getting most of the work. But Grants 09 numbers were better than his 08 numbers over that entire season. Not a bust in 09.

Thomas scored quite a bit in the second half but yardagewise was not that impressive and went in drafts/auctions based on speculation as much as anything because he plays with Drew Brees. He did nothing even close to what Charles has done as far as overall play.

I agree with you completely here, in fact my main frustration with the New Orleans RBBC (and giving a gravy training plumber like Mike Bell goal line carries) was due to my drafting Thomas and what I thought he could do in that offense. I feel there is more than one of us who'd agree if he was given the ball fulltime with the Saints (maybe 20-25 touches per game) that Thomas could put up monster numbers. The only concern would be that he got dinged up here and there during the season.

I also believe Charles was a mystery in the draft because of LJ, the fact he played on a KC, and the fact nobody knew what Haley would do with what was percieved to be a pass first offense. Once LJ was shipped, most people were already set at the position and didn't feel the need to reach on a guy like Charles. The guy who snagged him in our league made a genius pickup.

I'm a big fan of RB's who are solo ride on their teams, even ones that are mutts. But I do want to point out that Charles' late season run (he only exceeded 100 yds once through Week 13 and didn't have 20 carries in any of those games) was helped by the fact he faced the 30th, 29th, and 25th ranked run defenses in Weeks 14-17. He did steamroll Cincinnati's #2 ranked rush defense in Week 16, though it is debatable whether the Bengals had totally thrown in the towel by then.

:thumbsdown:

Exactly, heck Haley didn't even trust him enough once LJ was gone. He didn't start really producing until he was the only RB they had left healthy. I think he could be the guy next year, but I also think Haley will d i c k us fantasy owners just like S. Payton did with PT this year. I see a RBBC in KCs future.

So what if he's on the Chiefs?

Last time I looked, Steven Jackson was on the Rams and they make KC's offense look awesome. And, Jackson was a first rounder this year that met expectations.

Charles will probably be a second rounder next year, but he's got a lot of upside.

You got other guys in your league that surf this board??? Man, this place is has been my secret weapon for years. :wacko:

Jamaal Charles is the FIRST Running back in the HISTORY OF THE NFL to rush for 1100 yards on less than 200 carries. You guys are right, he sucks.

You got other guys in your league that surf this board??? Man, this place is has been my secret weapon for years. :pointstosky:

they follow me, trying to learn from the master! I wouldn't go so far as to say they and a realtor conspired to steal my draft cheat sheets when i had my house for sale or anything like that :rolleyes: but they're plotting against me...even now...they're plotting.

:lol:

Jamaal Charles is the FIRST Running back in the HISTORY OF THE NFL to rush for 1100 yards on less than 200 carries. You guys are right, he sucks.

You're a clown, nobody said he sucks.

You are correct. You, actually, came the closest to that assessment, and even you didn't say that outright.

I was being sarcastic.

That being said, Jamaal Charles has given me enough confidence in him that I just traded away Ray Rice for next year. Our league only allows us to keep one RB. I ended the season with Rice, Charles, DeAngelo Williams, Cedric Benson and Forsett; Charles gave me the flexibility to trade Rice for the #2 and #23 picks in the upcoming draft. I intend to keep Charles or Williams with the hopes of nabbing the odd man out with the 2nd pick.

Truth be told, I may have kept him over Rice regardless (no ppr). I think he's that good.

You are correct. You, actually, came the closest to that assessment, and even you didn't say that outright.

I never insinuated that the guy sucks. There are plenty of players that get drafted round 2 and on that don't suck.