Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Tell me why Jamaal Charles isn't is 1st rounder 2010

I never insinuated that the guy sucks. There are plenty of players that get drafted round 2 and on that don't suck.

The flatness and baldness of your first post in this thread suggested that your overall impression of him was much less than a Round 1-3 back. You dismissed him completely, declaring the thread over because of his connection, insinuating that the first round was something not to be polluted by the likes of one such as Charles.

Or you thought to look quippy.

Either way, you came closest to applying the "suck" tag, making your comment complete irony. If you suggest sarcasm, then the irony deepens.

The flatness and baldness of your first post in this thread suggested that your overall impression of him was much less than a Round 1-3 back. You dismissed him completely, declaring the thread over because of his connection, insinuating that the first round was something not to be polluted by the likes of one such as Charles.

Either way, you came closest to applying the "suck" tag, making your comment complete irony. If you suggest sarcasm, then the irony deepens.

Since when did Dan start using a thesauras and write poems?

Since when did Dan start using a thesauras and write poems?

It's my daughter's fault . . . :)

Or maybe it's the movies I've been watching. :lol:

Who knew?

It's my daughter's fault . . . :)

Or maybe it's the movies I've been watching. :lol:

Who knew?

Put down the Hannah Montana DVD and step away from the electronics. This is the police, and we know you've stolen Dan's identity...

Put down the Hannah Montana DVD and step away from the electronics. This is the police, and we know you've stolen Dan's identity...

LOL.

Lord of the Rings

Pride and Prejudice

I confess; you caught me. :lol:

Now you're just being stupid.

No. He's still not you.

:o

So what if he's on the Chiefs?

Last time I looked, Steven Jackson was on the Rams and they make KC's offense look awesome. And, Jackson was a first rounder this year that met expectations.

Charles will probably be a second rounder next year, but he's got a lot of upside.

This seems pretty accurate. The Chiefs fired their OC right before the season began and the offense struggled. A lot of changes took place over the season and the offense picked it up quite a bit. Signed Leonard Pope at TE and Chambers at WR. Dumped LJ after his drama. Made a couple offensive line changes.

I realize that the Chiefs played against some poor defenses the last few weeks of the season but they seem to be moving in the right direction on offense. If Bowe can get his attitude straight and the team resigns Chambers (which they should - KC hasn't had a decent WR duo as long as I can remember), Cassel might start to look like he's worth that big contract. All of this will directly affect Charles. If the offense isn't a threat to throw the ball, I don't see the running game succeeding. I'd compare it to the NE and Philly offenses of the past few years.

Here's an article from yesterday in the Star regarding the line.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1664205.html

Now I admit I haven't gotten to see a whole lot of this kid play...but I've seen parts of a few games, particularly this past week's game against Denver.

Was it me or did he look like Chris Johnson out there???? :doublethumbsup: I mean seriously, he looks SO explosive, and his INCREDIBLE balance allows him to break tackles from bigger defenders. Most backs his size go down from some contact, but him (along with CJ), seem to be able to maintain balance while heading down field.

I'm really assuming KC doesn't address the RB position this offseason. With the 2nd half this dude put up, and with their horrendous DEF, they've got to have more pressing needs. Assuming KC commits to this guy, I would really rank him #5 going into next season, behind Johnson, AP, Rice, and MJD.

He APPEARS to be one of those special talent-type players.

I love how he finished. Most of my counterparts will forget they even snapped him off waivers and I will scoop him up in the third like Pierre Thomas.

But....Charles hopefully won't suck donk and won't have Sean douchetard coaching. :pointstosky:

Now I admit I haven't gotten to see a whole lot of this kid play...but I've seen parts of a few games, particularly this past week's game against Denver.

Was it me or did he look like Chris Johnson out there???? :o I mean seriously, he looks SO explosive, and his INCREDIBLE balance allows him to break tackles from bigger defenders. Most backs his size go down from some contact, but him (along with CJ), seem to be able to maintain balance while heading down field.

I'm really assuming KC doesn't address the RB position this offseason. With the 2nd half this dude put up, and with their horrendous DEF, they've got to have more pressing needs. Assuming KC commits to this guy, I would really rank him #5 going into next season, behind Johnson, AP, Rice, and MJD.

He APPEARS to be one of those special talent-type players.

You seem to like Charles for sure. Heck, he took me to the promise land! BUT, could he be another Steve Slaton in the making? finish the season strong, looks like he is the next star, no real back-up in the offseason...just saying, i think he is a bad ass, but is he a one year wonder?

I honestly don't care what you call me, so long as you start to think.

I honestly don't care what you call me, so long as you start to think.

Honestly? You honestly don't care what I call you? Are you being honest?

Honestly? You honestly don't care what I call you? Are you being honest?

You really are determined, aren't you?

Fine, then. Enjoy yourself doing whatever you do. I hope that eventually you'll add something to the board. Honestly.

You really are determined, aren't you?

Fine, then. Enjoy yourself doing whatever you do. I hope that eventually you'll add something to the board. Honestly.

I've added 582 posts.

I've added 582 posts.

Congratulations.

Thomas Jones.

Thread over.

Thomas Jones.

CAREER over!

J Charles will finish top 10.

I've added 582 posts.

and not a decent one among them :blink:

As a Charles dynasty owner, I'd love to see him do it...however, for some reason I view him as more of an RB2 than a "stud", particularly with TJ waiting in the wings. I watched Charles at UT and drafted/held onto him in dynasty...I just don't think he can carry the load for an entire season like he did last year.

I am one of the few that have man love for this kid. I hope he falls to me last in the first or 2nd. The upside is worth the gamble.

ow--some strong opinions--here's mine.

I wouldn't draft him in the first rd of a 10 team league. If it was a 12/14 team league, I would possibly draft him at the horn 1.12 or 1.14. I try not to take risks in the first round--many do and win with those risks--I tend not to. Therefore, I would probably grab a QB near the botom 1.7-1.10 and then get Charles (if I really wanted him) on the way back up.

I wouldn't touch him before the 5th at this point. I'm just happy my draft isn't for 2 more weeks.

Even then... I still think he's over-valued. He's not going to get goal-line carries... 7-8 TD's, tops.

Nice find Turd

How about this then. Maybe the Chiefs craptastic offense in 2009 could be considerably better in 2010. Perhaps there could be more 1st downs, more offensive TOP, more offensive plays, and maybe, just maybe, more opportunities for the Chiefs to score. Jones and Mcfuckster(I graduated from Miss State and just can't route for an ole piss rebel) could actually contribute in moving the chains. More weapons should = more points. No reason Charles' numbers should decline with him starting the year in the game plans. 1500 total yard is still my prediction.