Sign in to follow this  
Jarvis Basnight

Will Deangelo Williams get traded this offseason?

Apparently, there have been rumblings from Carolina that there could be a trade made for Deangelo since Stewart may be able to handle the load, Deangelo's contract is up after 2010, and the Panthers (without a 2010 first round draft pick) may think having the 2 studs is a luxury when they have other needs.

So, to who would he go? Cleveland? Houston? Seattle? San Diego? Detroit?

And what would he cost? A 1st rounder? A 1st and a 3rd? A 2nd and a 3rd? A high 2nd rounder? A draft pick and player or 2?

:unsure:

Tough to know right now. I think the looming CBA expiration is affecting teams decisions regarding trades and FA in a profound manner at this time. All bets are off.... :wall:

i do see him being dealt, just not sure when..

its nearly impossible to keep 2 backs with that talent when there are teams out there that are in desperate need of 1.

someone will put up the money

What if one of the QB's slides in the draft.....Bradford, Clausen, Mallett? Would Carolina dangle Deangelo out there (predraft) to let teams know they're interested?

I hope he goes somewhere. He killed me this year, especially down the stretch. Stewart is a focking tard. Any of the mentioned teams would be fine. San Diego especially since hed get that great run-blocking o-line and lots of TD chances. Of course, thats if SD gets rid of LT2.

I hope he goes somewhere. He killed me this year, especially down the stretch. Stewart is a focking tard. Any of the mentioned teams would be fine. San Diego especially since hed get that great run-blocking o-line and lots of TD chances. Of course, thats if SD gets rid of LT2.

It's funny you would mention that. It's what I had stated all summer that people were drafting Williams in round one, and he would ultimately destroy your team down the stretch.....

It's funny you would mention that. It's what I had stated all summer that people were drafting Williams in round one, and he would ultimately destroy your team down the stretch.....

Awesome. You must have fixed the flux capacitor in the DeLorean. You can predict injuries now! :thumbsup:

Awesome. You must have fixed the flux capacitor in the DeLorean. You can predict injuries now! :banana:

Couple this with my prediction on Eddie Royal, the the previous ones for Larry Johnson, Javon Walker, and the many others....and omigosh......a pretty trend! :)

Couple this with my prediction on Eddie Royal, the the previous ones for Larry Johnson, Javon Walker, and the many others....and omigosh......a pretty trend! :)

Now tell us about the 200 predictions you look the fool on Marty McFly.

Apparently, there have been rumblings from Carolina that there could be a trade made for Deangelo since Stewart may be able to handle the load, Deangelo's contract is up after 2010, and the Panthers (without a 2010 first round draft pick) may think having the 2 studs is a luxury when they have other needs.

So, to who would he go? Cleveland? Houston? Seattle? San Diego? Detroit?

And what would he cost? A 1st rounder? A 1st and a 3rd? A 2nd and a 3rd? A high 2nd rounder? A draft pick and player or 2?

:nono:

oh man, i drooled at the thought of Deangelo in SD, but that's not what i was going to say.

I don't think he gets traded unless Stewie's achilles problem goes away in the offseason.

Now tell us about the 200 predictions you look the fool on Marty McFly.

Link?....Source?

Right, as I suspected... :nono:

I own both in a keeper league. I would love to see it happen.

I would think a 1st rounder would be fair for both sides. 2nd rounder would be a steal.

I'm not wasting my time looking so you win.

Translated "I got nothing"......move along troll..... :nono:

Translated "I got nothing"......move along troll..... :nono:

Not trolling. I've got nothing but I also know you just pulled a hindsight 20/20 on us with Deangelo. He would have been just fine barring the injury. Do you always project injuries?

Why don't you post your fantasy team/teams from this year......honestly........and we'll see if you're right 100% of the time. Post your drafted teams please.

San Diegos offensive line is not very good right now. Even if you blame LT's 3.3 ypc on his age (which im sure 80% is the reason) Sproles averaged 3.6 ypc. Their line has both injury and quality problems.

I actually think you were wrong on this prediction, Ray. From everything you said he was going to be a major bust, but until injury he was anything but.

1100 yards and 7 scores in 13 games with a 5.2 ypc average. That is pretty damn good against the tough schedule he faced.

I think he proved he is more than the 1 hit wonder you claimed he would be.

but yeah, you got us on the Eddie Royal call :rolleyes:

San Diegos offensive line is not very good right now. Even if you blame LT's 3.3 ypc on his age (which im sure 80% is the reason) Sproles averaged 3.6 ypc. Their line has both injury and quality problems.

I actually think you were wrong on this prediction, Ray. From everything you said he was going to be a major bust, but until injury he was anything but.

1100 yards and 7 scores in 13 games with a 5.2 ypc average. That is pretty damn good against the tough schedule he faced.

I think he proved he is more than the 1 hit wonder you claimed he would be.

but yeah, you got us on the Eddie Royal call :rolleyes:

Except that as you might recall what I actually stated was that "where he was currently being taken" which in many cases at that time was in the first round, slots 4 though 6. I placed him as a second round RB, tried to warn people off saying that he could not be your main RB, and if you drafted him in round one you better draft really well beyond because he would not last the season and would cost you come playoff time.

But that was then :sigh:......I gotta go get busy being right about a entire new set of players..... :nono:

Except that as you might recall what I actually stated was that "where he was currently being taken" which in many cases at that time was in the first round, slots 4 though 6. I placed him as a second round RB, tried to warn people off saying that he could not be your main RB, and if you drafted him in round one you better draft really well beyond because he would not last the season and would cost you come playoff time.

But that was then :sigh:......I gotta go get busy being right about a entire new set of players..... :rolleyes:

i don't recall completely. was a long time ago. I could have swore you said he was going to show himself as a 1 hit wonder because he wasn't much of anything prior to 2008.

i don't recall completely. was a long time ago. I could have swore you said he was going to show himself as a 1 hit wonder because he wasn't much of anything prior to 2008.

I recall saying something along those lines as well, and that I did not believe in him. I think I alluded to the punishing schedule as well as part of why I did not think he would last the season. He DID put up better numbers than I thought he might, but I am also glad I did not invest in him at the same time.

It will be very interesting to see how this unfolds, I imagine their would be no shortage of suitors for his services.

The Panthers should try to get a 2nd and 3rd for Williams (or as much as they can) and try to build the team back into a playoff contender. Fox will have his butt will be on the hot seat again next year and he should build his team through the draft. This would be make Stewart an instant top 5 rb fantasy wise, and Williams as well depending where he lands. I doubt the organization will part ways with Williams anytime soon. As a fantasy fan, I'd love to see Williams get traded to another club.

oh man, i drooled at the thought of Deangelo in SD, but that's not what i was going to say.

I don't think he gets traded unless Stewie's achilles problem goes away in the offseason.

We may be waiting a long time, as the guy hasn't practiced on a Wednesday in two years... That's a big load to carry alone in Charlotte, with their heavy reliance on the running game.

We may be waiting a long time, as the guy hasn't practiced on a Wednesday in two years... That's a big load to carry alone in Charlotte, with their heavy reliance on the running game.

That's what I mean. Unless they have someone who can A. Spell Stewie to keep him fresh and B. Possibly fill in full-time should Stewie go down, trading DeAngelo doesn't really make sense.

I kept Williams in a 4-player keeper league. I wouldnt have drafted him too high...at least I dont think? :overhead:

They had two 1,100+ yard rushers on the same team (a first in the history of the NFL) and still missed the playoffs.

Earth to Carolina: you need to ship one of those guys and develop a balanced team capable of winning for a change.

DeAngelo is not being traded nor should he. :unsure:

QB play and turnovers where the Panthers undoing. Figure out a way to get some draft picks for Peppers deal him. He doesn't want to be a Panther and costs to much. Once the collective bargaining agreement passes, Fire Fox and the GM Hurny. Hire Bill Cowher. But keep your RB horses.

They had two 1,100+ yard rushers on the same team (a first in the history of the NFL) and still missed the playoffs.

Earth to Carolina: you need to ship one of those guys and develop a balanced team capable of winning for a change.

Carolina needs a QB. There really isn't one available. So, cutting off the only thing they're good at offensively (running the football) doesn't make much sense.

Carolina needs a QB. There really isn't one available. So, cutting off the only thing they're good at offensively (running the football) doesn't make much sense.

Maybe not but they won't be able to keep both RB's after 2010 and they won't get anything for Deangelo either. If they keep them, they'd better do well.

Carolina may be alright with Moore at QB. They desperately need a #2 to Steve Smith's #1. That team could suddenly look pretty good if Moore gets a full offseason as the guy, the OL gets healthy, the defense plays like they did for the last few games in 2009, and they add a solid WR to compliment Smith. That could make that team relatively good/dangerous.

Maybe not but they won't be able to keep both RB's after 2010 and they won't get anything for Deangelo either. If they keep them, they'd better do well.

Carolina may be alright with Moore at QB. They desperately need a #2 to Steve Smith's #1. That team could suddenly look pretty good if Moore gets a full offseason as the guy, the OL gets healthy, the defense plays like they did for the last few games in 2009, and they add a solid WR to compliment Smith. That could make that team relatively good/dangerous.

i think boldin would be a good fit there.