Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

DYNASTY (formerly: I think the Chiefs have finally turned the corner)

That would explain why you are around here again. :lol:

I figured this thread was bumped from 2006.

Jamal Charles certainly looks like a keeper and the OL must be blocking well to ring up that kind of yardage on the ground. I still think the Chiefs made a major mistake in trading for Cassel and then signing him to a contract extension before he'd even proved himself. Cassel was purely a 1-year product of the Pats' system and not a guy you build a franchise around. I can't say much about their D but Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey so far haven't done anything to justify where they were picked in the draft. Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali both look good so at least they have some good young LBs. Their division is wretched so there's no reason the Chiefs can't compete next year, but I think the limited QB situation and mediocre D will hurt.

• Sad 1

I hope so. The world just seems like such a hollow place when the Kansas City Chiefs aren't winning Super Bowls.

The Chiefs beat the Broncos moving their record up to 4-12 and cmh decides that's cause to visit the forearm again and trash talk.

:(

On top of that, he starts the March Madness hat thread eight weeks early so he can claim the #1 team in the nation and try to get free hats while he brags about said 4-12 Chiefs.

:banana:

I've participated in the March Madness contest before but am sitting out this year on principle.

I figured this thread was bumped from 2006.

:)

The Chiefs beat the Broncos moving their record up to 4-12 and cmh decides that's cause to visit the forearm again and trash talk.

:D

On top of that, he starts the March Madness hat thread eight weeks early so he can claim the #1 team in the nation and try to get free hats while he brags about said 4-12 Chiefs.

:unsure:

I've participated in the March Madness contest before but am sitting out this year on principle.

I have claimed the Jayhawks each and every year we've done it, I'm the one that's put it together every year we've done it. I started it this early so we can hopefully get a lot of people in the thing and show people that if they commit others might follow suit. It isn't like the Jayhawks can't be beat by any of the 25 or so teams that could be represented in this tournament.

And I'm just not here as much cause I'm busy, and don't currently have internet at the hosue cause we moved into a new house in a new development and they don't even have cable or phone service ran to the edition yet :wave:

I have claimed the Jayhawks each and every year we've done it, I'm the one that's put it together every year we've done it. I started it this early so we can hopefully get a lot of people in the thing and show people that if they commit others might follow suit. It isn't like the Jayhawks can't be beat by any of the 25 or so teams that could be represented in this tournament.

And I'm just not here as much cause I'm busy, and don't currently have internet at the hosue cause we moved into a new house in a new development and they don't even have cable or phone service ran to the edition yet :wave:

Basketball sucks :unsure:

and so do you :D

Jamal Charles certainly looks like a keeper and the OL must be blocking well to ring up that kind of yardage on the ground. I still think the Chiefs made a major mistake in trading for Cassel and then signing him to a contract extension before he'd even proved himself. Cassel was purely a 1-year product of the Pats' system and not a guy you build a franchise around. I can't say much about their D but Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey so far haven't done anything to justify where they were picked in the draft. Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali both look good so at least they have some good young LBs. Their division is wretched so there's no reason the Chiefs can't compete next year, but I think the limited QB situation and mediocre D will hurt.

I don't think Charles is someone that can carry the team on his shoulders. That said, he's definitely good at what he does. But the Chiefs will need to find a change of pace, and someone that can take about 7-10 touches per game to reduce the burden that would be placed on Charles if they relied on him like they did the 2nd half of the season over the course of 16 games.

I'm not worried about Cassel yet. We still have to add more talent around him, and then see what he can do. You saw the difference in the team when Charles replaced LJ and how it opened up the offense. Don't forget that for the first half of the season, the only real receiving threat was Dwayne Bowe. And then we get Chambers who did pretty well, but then Bowe is suspended 4 games. I'd like to see what happens when Cassel has 2 legitimate targets over the course of the season, if not more.

The O-Line did definitely show some improvement. They allowed 37 sacks in the Chiefs first 10 games, but Cassel was onyl sacked 8 times in the final 6 games, and the Chiefs didn't give up any sacks for the first time all year in the final game versus Denver. Some of that improvement has to do with changes on the line. On the right side, Ryan O’Callaghan replaced Ikechuku Ndukwe at tackle and Wade Smith replaced Mike Goff at guard. I'm not convinced this line is ready to go for the full 16 games next year, there probably still could be some improvements made. However, it might not be as bad as one would think.

The D is where the improvement will have to be made. We need a pass-rusher and some defensive help up the middle. Derrick Johnson was benched most of the season and then finally had what looked to be a good game against Denver, returning two interceptions for TDs. We've been waiting for that since he was drafted.

Hell, I started this thread because for us Chiefs fans, its finally time to be excited again. Some coaches are being fired, and it looks like we could actually have an offensive coordinater next year. What the hell they were doing letting a first year head coach call the shots on offense I have no idea. And it's possible Romeo Crennel could join our staff, and I think Clancy Pendergrast would then take on a different role for the team.

And we know we may add some free agents (that is if the NFL can work out a labor agreement) and we can add a couple pieces via the draft. We knew this wasn't going to be a quick fix going in. But now we can say we are in year 2, and there is reason to be optimistic in kansas city.

oh and it could have been wrose, i could have started a royals thread :unsure:

oh and it could have been wrose, i could have started a royals thread :unsure:

:wave: Don't you dare......

I started it this early so we can hopefully get a lot of people in the thing and show people that if they commit others might follow suit.

I'll commit to sit out. :unsure:

Hell, I started this thread because for us Chiefs fans, its finally time to be excited again. :unsure:

Take it to the mange bored :wave:

Take it to the mange bored :unsure:

He can't, they might lynch him.... :wave:

:thumbsup:

Cornell about got the best of KU last night. As good as Kansas, Texas, Kentucky and Purdue seem to be, none are unbeatable. Especially when we're talking about when our potential teams could meet in the tourney.

oh, and charlie weis words

Cornell about got the best of KU last night. As good as Kansas, Texas, Kentucky and Purdue seem to be, none are unbeatable. Especially when we're talking about when our potential teams could meet in the tourney.

That's not the point.

That's not the point.

what is? I'm not taking a team besides Kansas. I don't want another team besides Kansas. There aren't but maybe a couple lurkers that even care about KU around here. And if someone else did take KU, it'd only be because they think they'd win a bunch of hats. I'm taking Kansas because I'd be taking Kansas if they barely snuck into the tournament and were likely to go out in the first round. If this were baseball, I'd be going with the Royals. What's the difference?

romeo romeo where art though o romeo?

On 1/5/2010 at 8:53 PM, Mr Anonymous said:

I hope so. The world just seems like such a hollow place when the Kansas City Chiefs aren't winning Super Bowls.

great post :banana:

On 1/6/2010 at 2:07 AM, Chronic Husker said:

:(

:banana:

cool ya dead welcher :banana:

RIP 

On 1/6/2010 at 8:39 AM, cmh6476 said:

I don't think Charles is someone that can carry the team on his shoulders. That said, he's definitely good at what he does. But the Chiefs will need to find a change of pace, and someone that can take about 7-10 touches per game to reduce the burden that would be placed on Charles if they relied on him like they did the 2nd half of the season over the course of 16 games.

I'm not worried about Cassel yet. We still have to add more talent around him, and then see what he can do. You saw the difference in the team when Charles replaced LJ and how it opened up the offense. Don't forget that for the first half of the season, the only real receiving threat was Dwayne Bowe. And then we get Chambers who did pretty well, but then Bowe is suspended 4 games. I'd like to see what happens when Cassel has 2 legitimate targets over the course of the season, if not more.

The O-Line did definitely show some improvement. They allowed 37 sacks in the Chiefs first 10 games, but Cassel was onyl sacked 8 times in the final 6 games, and the Chiefs didn't give up any sacks for the first time all year in the final game versus Denver. Some of that improvement has to do with changes on the line. On the right side, Ryan O’Callaghan replaced Ikechuku Ndukwe at tackle and Wade Smith replaced Mike Goff at guard. I'm not convinced this line is ready to go for the full 16 games next year, there probably still could be some improvements made. However, it might not be as bad as one would think.

The D is where the improvement will have to be made. We need a pass-rusher and some defensive help up the middle. Derrick Johnson was benched most of the season and then finally had what looked to be a good game against Denver, returning two interceptions for TDs. We've been waiting for that since he was drafted.

Hell, I started this thread because for us Chiefs fans, its finally time to be excited again. Some coaches are being fired, and it looks like we could actually have an offensive coordinater next year. What the hell they were doing letting a first year head coach call the shots on offense I have no idea. And it's possible Romeo Crennel could join our staff, and I think Clancy Pendergrast would then take on a different role for the team.

And we know we may add some free agents (that is if the NFL can work out a labor agreement) and we can add a couple pieces via the draft. We knew this wasn't going to be a quick fix going in. But now we can say we are in year 2, and there is reason to be optimistic in kansas city.

holy fock we used to suck :D

Discuss :pointstosky:

4 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Discuss :pointstosky:

Congrats.  Long time fans that live through the dark days deserve it. 

I'm a lucky mf

11 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I'm a lucky mf

You live in Missouri, that is unpossible.