Sign in to follow this  
FeelingMN

Julius Peppers & Chester Taylor

a next year that includes favre beating gb twice again? why does that excite you? oh yeah..the stats rodgers will put up while trailing?

dont forget the fumbles in the vikes game, skip....the vikes outplayed the saints because of 1 guy...old man brett with 1 leg....if it hadnt been for brett, they lose by 14...

bad adp fumble deep...bad rice fumble...and the ol man STILL took the sb champs to the end....

rodgers wouldve ran for 40 yards, but you are talking nfc title game....that and rodgers dont belong in the same sentence...he lost to a team that gave up 95 points in 6 quarters...#2 d...favre didnt put his team in a big hole early and KICK the game away....

aaron did..he KICKED the freeking ball.....

or are you talking about rodgers running for 40 yards in a pro bowl that no one showed up to?...

rodgers is almost half favres age..he SHOULD be more athletic...lets not give credit to people because of their age....

so if he IS more young and athletic...and has great receivers all over...whats aarons problem? whats the excuse of the week?

Because of one guy? Yeah, that defense had nothing to do with it right?

Old man still threw it away at the end too...funny how you whine about Rodgers but keep excusing Favre...why is that?

:thumbsdown:

next 13-15 years? hahahahaha....

I see you have NO idea what Longwells range is..did you forget what team he played for before minny? I bet you did....how many 54 yarders was he hitting in the last 4 years? dome or no dome?...hmm?

comparing favres receivers in his 2nd year to Rodgers shows what little you know....but its a shock to no one...

as if that wasnt clear already......and whats with the CHECK? is that your Tourettes kicking in?

I didnt realize that the packers D kicked the ball right to a cardinal player for the loss...Ill have to see that replay again....

as for favres first INT..the nfl admitted they goofed up not calling that a personal foul on NO..so nice try....

but Im guessing you didnt know that...as you thought Rodgers kicking the ball was smart....

please keep on....you are quite entertaining...

Nobody is forgetting Longwell's range...he can hit a 50 yarder in a dome. His percentages would say he hits them quite well.

His INT on the rollout had nothing to do with a personal foul.

The earlier one...sure...the NFL also admitted that Rodgers was hit late prior to the facemask. But you don't ever mention that do you?

The hit on Favre had nothing to do with him throwing the ball to the wrong team.

But keep making excuses for him. You prove over and over again you are not now, nor ever have been a Packer fan. You liked Brett...nothing more.

Not sure what you guys are debating:

- Both Favre and Rodgers pad their stats during non crunch time.

- Favre has a history of blowing games with epic brain fart plays, Rodgers is younger, but on track to follow suit

- Both cost their teams the season with egregious turnovers at the games final moment

- Both are losers

Can we all just agree on these points and move along?

comparing favres receivers in his 2nd year to Rodgers shows what little you know....but its a shock to no one...

Yes, Sterling Sharpe is far better than anybody on the Packers right now.... So, yes, the comparison is unfair to Rodgers because he didn't have a great weapon like Sharpe but I still feel comfortable with it.....

2nd season

Favre 3,300 yards, 19 TDs, 24 INTs, 14 fumbles (6 lost), 9-7 record

Rodgers 4434 yards, 30 TDs, 7 INTs, 316 yards rushing, 5 more rushing TDS, 2 fumbles lost, 11-5 record

BMoney owned again....

Move along now :thumbsdown:

...but the Packers young guys all just suck.

The fudgepackers OL was on pace to give up more sacks than anyone ever in the history of the game half way through the season. Rodgers was getting beat up worse than your sister in Amsterdam. Getting Tauscher back is what made it average. Now, Tauscher is one year older and no improvements have been made; CLifton is one year older (and overpaid thanks to the desperation from dumb and dumber after they realized Julius Peppers will destroy that OL) and he was injured last year too .....oh, and you play a schedule that is much much tougher.

Bears got better on D significantly with 2 HOF players added to last year's D. You play them twice

You play the Eagles, Redskins, Cowboys and Giants....all teams with good to great pass rushers (even Redskins have the Orakpo, Haynesworth combo)

You play the Patriots, Jets, Bills and Dolphins.....again teams that are better than the AFC North (the Balt D was very average this past year and so was the Steelers)

Lions got better on D with Vandenbousche and most likely Mccoy or Suh on the DL

Vikings have always been good on D.....unless the Williams suspensions coincide with the packer games, assuming they get suspended, they will kill your OL like they did in the 2 games last year

Sure, TJ Lang or Barbre might improve, but I doubt it.

Fudgepackers reveal third jersey....one word = HORRIBLE

:bandana:....oh, and >90% people on the other bored think the same thing. Since homer-boy-shonuff loves to quote the other bored here.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=524447

==============================

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2010/03/12/1/

by Mike Spofford, Packers.com

posted 03/12/2010

The Packers officially unveiled their third jersey and uniform for the 2010 season and beyond on Friday at Fan Fest, and it's a re-creation of the team's uniform from 1929, the year of Green Bay's first world championship.

That year actually marked the first of three consecutive titles, as the Packers recorded a 34-5-2 cumulative record in official league games from 1929-31. The Packers have won 12 world championships in all.

"We wanted to celebrate the history and tradition of the Packers," President/CEO Mark Murphy said. "Those who remember history and follow the history of the Packers know it was a very successful era for the organization."

The jersey is navy blue with the number on the front inside a gold circle. The circle and number are enlarged a bit from their 1929 size to comply with NFL regulations regarding jersey numbers. An enlarged number is also on the back, with a nameplate above the number, another modification that wasn't present in 1929.

The helmet is a solid brown color without a logo to best simulate the leather helmets worn during the era. The uniform pants are a tan color.

"Some teams use different colors, like the Bears have had an orange jersey, but for us what really makes sense is to have a historical jersey and uniform," Murphy said. "What's exciting about this is it's so different. The colors are different, and I think our fans will really enjoy this."

NFL teams are allowed to have a third jersey that they can wear for up to three games per season (no more than two home games) over a five-year period. Murphy said the Packers would wear it for home games only, and for one or possibly two games this coming season, with potential future use to be evaluated. Which game or games will depend on the team's schedule, which will be released sometime in April.

"It would be nice to use it against one of the original NFL teams we played in that era," Murphy said. "But I don't know if that's possible."

The re-creation of a historical jersey has been a coordinated effort between the administration and the football operations headed by General Manager Ted Thompson. Working through the league, the team started the process roughly a year ago, wanting to focus on a historical jersey that had not been previously used in "throwback" games.

In their 2001 Thanksgiving game in Detroit, the Packers wore replicas of their 1939 uniforms, while in the NFL's 75th anniversary season in 1994, the team wore 1937 uniforms.

"I think the players will really like this, especially the younger players," Murphy said. "They probably have read and heard a little bit about our history and tradition, but to actually wear a re-creation of a uniform that our team has worn will be exciting for them. We'll have a lot of fun with it."

The third jerseys, as well as the accompanying sideline apparel that the coaches and support staff will wear during the game, will be available to fans in the Packers Pro Shop at a later date. Murphy anticipated that would be sometime around training camp or the start of the regular season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ.../14/mmqb/3.html

No one in the league would have paid Brandon Manumaleuna $3 million to play football in 2010 -- except the Bears, who paid him $6.1 million: $2 million to sign, $3 million in a roster bonus, and $1.055 million in salary.

Peter King is a d!ck.

Every player is overpaid if you read his whole list

Not saying that 3 mill isnt overpaying for a blocking TE, I just can't stand King.

Peter King is a d!ck.

Every player is overpaid if you read his whole list

Not saying that 3 mill isnt overpaying for a blocking TE, I just can't stand King.

Agreed. He spent the first page of the column pleading for Seattle to trade for McNabb. I just thought that tidbit was a kind of funny.

He also (rightfully) slammed the Burleson and Vanden Bosch sigings.

On defence, they have added Peppers and will get urlacher back. That makes them better. The secondary of course still needs some work. Cut Vasher and sign a decent safety and nickel back.

check, Vasher released this evening. Now go get Atogwe. :rolleyes:

Fudgepacker fans are shiatting in their pants because you have to face Tommie Harris, Peppers, Alex Brown, Harrison, Urlacher, Briggs with no OL....Clifton is gone, most lilkely to Redskins

I laughed when you did this originally here and at FBG...Im still laughing.

Do you mean this Alex Brown?

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Lookin...e-released.html

Hah!!!!!!!

Alex Brown is actually a solid DE. The Bears are just being too cheap to keep him after spending so much on Peppers. Bad move if they release him. He is very good against the run

Alex Brown is actually a solid DE. The Bears are just being too cheap to keep him after spending so much on Peppers. Bad move if they release him. He is very good against the run

I'd value a 4th round pick over him still.

Brown certainly is a better that Ave DE vs the rush, and ave vs the pass, and is and would be an excellent fit for a team with an elite pass rusher on the other side... Like the Bears... However, my gut tells me that the Bears are freeing up cash, not because of FA move already completed, but to make a run at Antogwe. There have been too many comments by Smith and Angelo about needing more out of the safety position, and they won't get immediate help from the draft and I think they're resigned to the fact that the answer doesn't exist on the roster. If that truly is the case, I'm fine with the move while taking a chance developing one of the many young DE's on the team.

Get Antogwe, resign Pisa, and the Bears are a top 10, maybe a top 5 D in the league.

It was more of just making fun of ol Sweetness playing him up on several occasions as more than just a solid DE but something special.

That and laughing that they may just very well release him anyway and since that post Clifton and Tauscher have both signed with GB.

It was more of just making fun of ol Sweetness playing him up on several occasions as more than just a solid DE but something special.

That and laughing that they may just very well release him anyway and since that post Clifton and Tauscher have both signed with GB.

The obsession with battling sweetness is robbing this board of any relevant Bears talk. It would be nice if y'all could just move past that. It's old, unfunny and tiresome.

The obsession with battling sweetness is robbing this board of any relevant Bears talk. It would be nice if y'all could just move past that. It's old, unfunny and tiresome.

He does bring it upon himself.

As for the release of Brown. It's a cost cutting move. Bears are cheap and I don't think this is in anyway a football move. Brown isn't great but he is a leader on this team and a solid end. Having him on the other side with Peppers could have been very very good.

Bears managment is poor top to bottom. I am not a Lovie hater but the rest of the front office is crap.

:music_guitarred:

No real obsession...would not have posted it until I saw the link on the National Football Post.

Perhaps if he did not litter multiple threads...

As for relevant Bears talk...not possible with him around.

:mad:

He does bring it upon himself.

As for the release of Brown. It's a cost cutting move. Bears are cheap and I don't think this is in anyway a football move. Brown isn't great but he is a leader on this team and a solid end. Having him on the other side with Peppers could have been very very good.

Bears managment is poor top to bottom. I am not a Lovie hater but the rest of the front office is crap.

:rolleyes:

Agreed

The only way this is not a "cheap move" is if they make a run and secure Atogwe. nah, its still a cheap move.

That said, I have visions of angelo sticking all 10 fingers and toes in leaks in the boat ... Plug one hole and create another isn't going to get it done.

The only way this is not a "cheap move" is if they make a run and secure Atogwe. nah, its still a cheap move.

Yes It's cheap regardless of what plays out.

Would love to see them make a move for Atogwe. There how ever has been no word at all locally about it being a possibility. Though management has admitted to severe help needed in the secondary.

Why don't you tell HIM that?

Why do you constantly admonish the people that own him? You do realize that he comes into Packer threads constantly and starts Packer threads.... we don't seek him out.... You understand this, right?

If there was a Packer fan this stupid and trollish you can bet that me, sho, hoffdaddy! and the rest of us would be telling HIM to STFU

But I guess that's the difference between Packer and Bears fans... We are a classy, knowledgeable bunch and we don't let the riff-raff sully our tip-top reputation :headbanger:

Why don't you tell HIM that?

Why do you constantly admonish the people that own him? You do realize that he comes into Packer threads constantly and starts Packer threads.... we don't seek him out.... You understand this, right?

If there was a Packer fan this stupid and trollish you can bet that me, sho, hoffdaddy! and the rest of us would be telling HIM to STFU

But I guess that's the difference between Packer and Bears fans... We are a classy, knowledgeable bunch and we don't let the riff-raff sully our tip-top reputation :thumbsup:

It's posts like this that make me miss this side of the board. I've been wasting way too much time at the Geek Club.

At least we can all agree the Vikings suck.

It's posts like this that make me miss this side of the board. I've been wasting way too much time at the Geek Club.

At least we can all agree the Vikings suck.

I agree!

And 97 percent of their fans putt from the rough, if you know what I mean... :banana:

The Packers have as much OL as the Bears do chief.

LOL....hugging and holding on every play as Julius Peppers makes you your beotch does not count....

Julius Peppers and the 3-0 Chicago Bears say hi to the mor0ns in this thread! Come out and play neanderthals.

How was Alex Brown last night?

Yup...good to see you pop back up...Im sure with them 3-0 you will be running your dicklicker nonstop again.

LOL....hugging and holding on every play as Julius Peppers makes you your beotch does not count....

How many times was Cutler sacked again?

Yeah...thanks.

Both Olines have issues...one of us can admit that, the other is a tool who only comes around when his team wins.

Even if both Taylor and Peppers sign in Chicago they still wont catch up with GB or Vikes(assuming favre is back). These are desperate moves by a coach and GM on the hot seat.

Let me define desperate move to you, bud. Having 3 of your over-rated players go and beg Lord Favre to come play because the other option is Tavaris Jackson, and then see Favre play like the over-rated piece of crapola he really is.....enjoying every moment of it. Sorry I got distracted as Lord Favre threw another Int. I guess when you do not get lucky like last year when Minny had zero real injuries until EJ Henderson went down late in the season, you are just a fluky team with no sustaining power.

Enjoy 6-10 this year Minnehaha followed by Lord Favre spending 6 months waffling only to have no QB, no OL and a mediocre DL (Pat Williams will be done next year too).

Yeah...thanks.

Both Olines have issues...one of us can admit that, the other is a tool who only comes around when his team wins.

Good thing Rodgers can run for his life, but with that OL, Rodgers will have his leg broken sooner than later considering there is zero running game in Green bay.

Yeah...thanks.

I have always said our OL is a weakness....hopefully Chris Williams comes back soon and they gel soon. Frank Omiyale has played pretty well at RT. Considering the Bears are playing a new system, they will get better with their OL chemistry, WR-QB chemistry, timing etc.

How was Alex Brown last night?

Yup...good to see you pop back up...Im sure with them 3-0 you will be running your dicklicker nonstop again.

Lovie Smith owns the Green Bay packers, and it kills you ... lololololol

You are correct, every team should go out and break the bank, signing 2 older free agents to large contracts always works out. <_<

How is begging Lord Favre to come back and then paying him extra while killing whatever little confidence Tavaris Jackson had while trading your best QB on your roster working out for you?

:lol:

1rst round rookies are reasonably prices once you get outside the top 7-8 picks. And i agree the Bears should do something, but they are trying to sign the most expensive DE on the market. The only reason to go after the most expensive guys if you are mortgaging the future to save your job. Giving Peppers 15-20 million a year does not just limit what other free agents you can bring in this year, it limits what free agents the bears can bring in for the next 2-3 years.

That is reasonably priced. The downside for the bears is now the vikings are allowed to sign a free agent. Since the vikings were a top 8 team they were waiting for Taylor to leave.

How is that Vikings off-season working out for you?

Packer fans are shiatting their pants because the Bears signed a 30 year old backup RB that the Packers are already used to seeing twice a year but with a better offense?

Hah!!!

As for Peppers...could turn out nice...he could end up unmotivated and you all will be on the hook for a nice chunk of change while he is able to be single teamed at times.

Mark Tauscher called. He would like to hug Julius Peppers again because he is tired of being beotch-slapped around all game long.

Look at you pumping your chest.

This team will be 6-10. Book it.

They give all this money to a QB that folds under pressure. And surround him with the worst WR core in the league, and a bottom 5 O-line.

But now they have a nice backup RB.

:thumbsup:

6-10???? Book it???

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Michael Vick has always been Brian Urlacher's beotch.... we cannot wait to see the dog-killer at Soldier Field as we carve him up and feed him to the dogs

I am wondering what will happen on our Oline...but for some reason...that has absolutely nothing to do with the Bears Oline now does it?

Refuses to run the ball? Seriously, if you are going to be this ignorant...stop posting. But we know this won't happen.

GB ran the ball effectively last year...and that is with a prolific passing offense...even with that passing offense...they ran the ball 438 times last year to 553 pass attempts. Pretty much average for the league (they ranked 15th in rush attempts, 10th in pass attempts).

And someone cheering for a team with an offense by Mike Martz is going to pull the "refuses to run the ball" card.

Hah!!!

How is that running the ball going? 1 yard per carry ... Brandon Mighty Jackson looks great out there. Boy, you are one dumb homer.

I will say this...you're gonna get your money's worth whenever Chicago plays on SNF or MNF....the other 13 games will be like watching Geraldo crack Al Capone's vault.

And Berrian is still the best receiver Chicago's had in the past few years.

Good luck in the draft this year filling the other 14 holes your team has. :thumbsup:

How is that "overpaying for Bernard Berrian going"? Those 2 catches for 10 yards sprinkled with 1 catch for 5 yards while Favre is desperately looking for a WR to get open must be a sure fire way to spend the salary cap and get to the Superbowl.

Let me count the holes in the Minnehaha team for next year: QB; OL; DT (Pat Williams = He gone); CB (Antoine Winfield = old, injured and over-rated); Safety; Back up RB; WR (Without Favre, Sidney Rice will be back to being what he always was).