Sign in to follow this  
Chronic Husker

***Official Lakers vs. Celtics thread***

fock ESPN for showing what i think is an early regular season game right now :lol: For a split second, i thought it was game 1. Then i realized it's Wednesday night, then i realized it was at the Garden, then i realized the Celts were up.

:mellow:

They have got me like this many years ago.  I see they are still doing it.

fock ESPN for showing what i think is an early regular season game right now :mellow: For a split second, i thought it was game 1. Then i realized it's Wednesday night, then i realized it was at the Garden, then i realized the Celts were up.

Dont feel bad. A few months ago in Vegas I had a wager going and went slightly apeshiit on a play I thought was happening, only to figure out in mid-celebration that the play looked awfully familiar, it was a replay from the quarter before.

Talk about a moment you want back :lol:

Wow, that was a ridiculous shot Kobe hit over Allen to win the game.

I don't think Kobe will get 40 every game, i think he will continue his string of solid 30-40 point outings though. The guy is smooth as glass right now.

I did some research yesterday, Kobe is...far and away....the best scorer since MJ. LeBron is NOT close. AI is the closest but is still a distant second. Kobe is the 3rd best scorer of all-time. You could argue #2 since Wilt did his damage in an era where it was much easier to dominate.

You can say "Bron, AI and even D-Wade have higher averages", however just look at the 50 and 60 and 80 :lol: point games. LeBron can't do that. Wade can't do that. The only perimeter players who could ever score 60+ were West, MJ, and Kobe. IMO those are the top 3 pure scorers ever....Wilt is on his own little world, can't really judge him with the rest....and yes, AI does have one 60 point game, AI is probably #4. Ok, AI off the court was a total and complete douche and borderline psycho-path, but on the court he was, at the very least, a top 5 scorer of all-time.

I mean 81....50+ 4 games in a row....5 60 point games.....24 50 point games. And he is only 31, he has at least 5 years of dominance left in him. I was a Kobe hater back when he was, in fact, overrated and a douche. He has really matured and improved his game enough to be named with the best, imo. You also have to realize Kobe slept walk through many of those Shaq years in the regular season. I felt he could've string together at least 5-6 straight 30ppg seasons in a row, but wouldn't really dominate until he really needed to in the 4th quarter and in the playoffs. He saved his game for when he needed to score, and it won him 3 rings.

That being said, he doesn't need to score nearly as much as he use to. Just 4-5 years ago, he would score 50, then score 20, then score 45, then score 30. He was inconsistently dominant. Now he is much more consistent and is a better team player, now that he has a team around him. He allows other guys to score and to take over the game, and i thought that was the key to Kobe starting to win championships again. Now, as we are seeing now, he consistently scores 30, 35, 38 points and takes over when he needs to.

However, i would LOVE to see him just go apesh1t one game and score like fiddy fi. I don't see that happening against the Celtics, i can see him scoring around 45 one game at the garden though.

There is a part of me that wants to say Lakers in 5. There is a part of me that wants to say Lakers in 7. Lets just say Lakers in 5-7? I really can't see the Celtics winning. Celts fans, feel free to let me eat my words if they win, they have been the biggest surprise in recent memory, after their apathetic regular season, a lot of people were picking them to lose to the Heat in the first round even, and no one had them beatings the Cavs. It is shocking to say the least. There are, once again, the underdogs. They almost remind me of the Pistons of old, always under the radar and used their stifling defense and team play on offense to overwelm opponents.

Bynum's news is troubling for Laker fans. The knee drainage didn't help, but just him being on the floor with his height and length automatically makes them a better team than they were in 08'. Also Artest against Pierce. Also factor in Kobe playing much better and having a better mentality. The Celtics, who were old in 08', are 2 years older now. The only difference from 08' that is in the Celtics favor is Rondo is now a monster. However, Kobe will at least slow him down. I don't think Rondo can score enough to put them over the top. The X-factor is Ray Allen. Who will guard him if Kobe is on Rondo? Ray has been playing GREAT basketball so far in the playoffs. I think if Ray can put in 20+ a game, they have a good chance. I think they will win every game he goes over 20. I think that will happen just twice though, as Kobe will switch off on him when he gets going and Fisher can at least slow Rondo a bit.

Split the difference. Lakers in 6.

Rondo still has a big series, 20/10/5, but Pierce struggles, Allen is spotty, and KG is solid but averages something like 15/8, which isn't enough. Kobe opens with a 43 point game, and ends with a 45 point game, struggles a bit in Boston though. Still easily takes MVP with 33/7/6.

Takes twenty minutes to make a post. Fock.

Here's your gambling degenerate post of the night. I took the Lakes (-5.5)@-105

Takes twenty minutes to make a post. Fock.

Here's your gambling degenerate post of the night. I took the Lakes (-5.5)@-105

For some reason, my book neglected to put out a 2nd H line. The line was around a Pick'em. So, I went with a prop, LAL (Over 48 points scored 2nd H). I just don't respect the defense in this game.

Did Gasol get caught flopping about 10 minutes ago, my feed focked up a bit I missed if that is why the Celts were shooting foul shots??

I can hear Van Gundy and Mark Jackson talking during the commercial breaks. I think they want the Lakers to win, if that wasn't obvious enough already. The camera went to Kobe and Van Gundy sounded like a school girl saying "There's my man, there's my man." :first:

Jackson said someone text him saying the only way your number is retired is if you get into the NBA hall. I never realized that.

ETA: For a LAKER number, not the whole NBA on that HOF deal.

During the commercial this time Jackson said he thought Chris Rock's comment was way out of line. Gundy said "What comment?" Mark said the Magic one and Gundy just said "Oh" like Mark was nuts. THey were all silent until the commercial was over. :first:

EXCELLENT.

Still celebrating the Shows game one victory over here. What has two thuumbs and loves to party? :pointstoselfwithboththumbs: THIS GUY. 5:30 AM West coast here

Met a SUPERMAN honey tonight at a Lakeshow gathering, fixin to give it the stabber tomorrow. Had her take off all her clothes to show her tatoos, normally trashy, not this. SWEET Guns n' roses down the side of her left pelvis/thigh area. Just preped the oven nicely toinght, preped it nicely.

LAKESHOW in 7 :overhead:

Garnett played like an old man.

he better play like he did against the Cavs and Magic or Boston is in trouble

Garnett played like an old man.

Maybe because he is :banana:

33 and 15 years in the NBA for the style he plays makes him pretty damn old.

Maybe because he is :overhead:

33 and 15 years in the NBA for the style he plays makes him pretty damn old.

yes, he is.

but he looked a bit younger in the last 2 series.

I can't get too worked up over Game 1 in a series. Nobody's as good as their last home win, or as bad as their last road loss.

I was surprised to see a veteran team like Boston get sucked into playing the refs, in addition to the Lakers. Tough to face two opponents. They got rattled by the tight calls on the perimeter, despite the refs letting them play physically underneath.

Look for them to be more aggressive attacking Gasol, with KG facing up more. Rondo has to take, and make, a couple of the jumpers that Kobe is conceding. Pierce will attack the basket more. They'll be fine.

Game 2 will be hard fought.

I can't get too worked up over Game 1 in a series. Nobody's as good as their last home win, or as bad as their last road loss.

Phil Jackson is 48-0 in series' when his team wins the first game.

Phil Jackson is 48-0 in series' when his team wins the first game.

i didnt see them award any trophies last night so I will assume the Celtics still have a shot.

but if they lose game 2 I will be worried. I just think they have to take 1 on the road to avoid HAVING to sweep all 3 at home. They certainly can lose games 1 and 2, sweep at home and be in great shape but still....

C'mon guys, winning game 1 at home means nothing. If Boston beats them in game 2, then that game 1 win will be a distant memory. Your suppose to win your home games in the playoffs, the general rule is a series starts to get interesting when the home team loses.

Home court means more in basketball than any other sport, the only sport that comes close is football.

C'mon guys, winning game 1 at home means nothing. If Boston beats them in game 2, then that game 1 win will be a distant memory. Your suppose to win your home games in the playoffs, the general rule is a series starts to get interesting when the home team loses.

Home court means more in basketball than any other sport, the only sport that comes close is football.

i would say homefield in football blows every other sport out of the water due to the playoffs being win or go home instead of a series where a mistake can be overcome.

but I agree with everything else. LA is supposed to win games 1 and 2 and Boston is supposed to win 3 4 and 5 and head back to Los Angeles up 3-2.

I don't see Boston winning 3 4 and 5 so I think they do need to win game 2 to balance that out.

Jesus, in case you don't know,

is why the Celtics have very little chance.

Remember when he outscore a good Mavericks team through three quarters 62-61 then sat the 4 quarter? The mother fockre is just insane.

What a phag.

Hoffman, not you med. :dunno:

If it was just a peck on the check or even the lips, i could let it slide. But that was a disgusting make-up with tongue shitt. Guuuuuuuuuu.

Its gameday friends. T-minus 1 hour til Margarita time, pizzas ordered from tasteofchicago chillin in the freezer for the main event, and im rockin the jersey ALLLL day long, may rock it tomorrow as well, when he goes for 40 :lol:

Remember when he outscore a good Mavericks team through three quarters 62-61 then sat the 4 quarter? The mother fockre is just insane.

Best player ever, I dont need stats. His ability to go nuts when he wants to is just unreal. Michael visits? Heres 42 in the half for you. Michael goes for 55 at MSG? Heres 81 for ya, and oh yeah, dont forget to chant MVP for KBB AT the Garden...wow :lol:

Its gameday friends. T-minus 1 hour til Margarita time, pizzas ordered from tasteofchicago chillin in the freezer for the main event, and im rockin the jersey ALLLL day long, may rock it tomorrow as well, when he goes for 40 :headbanger:

Best player ever, I dont need stats. His ability to go nuts when he wants to is just unreal. Michael visits? Heres 42 in the half for you. Michael goes for 55 at MSG? Heres 81 for ya, and oh yeah, dont forget to chant MVP for KBB AT the Garden...wow :shocking:

I wouldn't go THAT far, you could argue he is the best player 20 feet and out ever, i think even the biggest MJ fans will agree that Kobe has a considerably better jump shot than him. Kobe, West, and MJ were the best scorers of all time, that is a well defined top 3.

Lakers in a sweep?

It'd be nice, I think its going 7 for sure with the home team winning every game. Plus, somehow, the officials will find a way to be sure that it does.

I wouldn't go THAT far, you could argue he is the best player 20 feet and out ever, i think even the biggest MJ fans will agree that Kobe has a considerably better jump shot than him. Kobe, West, and MJ were the best scorers of all time, that is a well defined top 3.

Wilt was the greatest player ever. I can't imagine anybody arguing differently. All of you folks really need to learn your sports history.

Wilt was the greatest player ever. I can't imagine anybody arguing differently. All of you folks really need to learn your sports history.

Wilt is....Wilt. However, he scored his points based off of his, at the time, extreme height and athleticism. Whenever he played someone like Russell, his numbers were no where NEAR what they were against players he was 6-10 inches taller than. I mean, he was certainly the most dominate player, not only in NBA history, but in pro-sports history for his first 5 years. However, it wasn't until he stopped trying to score 70 points every night and become a much more well rounded player, and that happened when he got Greer, Walker, and Cunningham and actually realized that he could PASS the ball once in a while, that he started to be effective in the playoffs. I think to look at true greatness, you really need to look at how they performed in the playoffs. I think truly great players saved their best for the playoffs, and Wilt's playoff numbers are very human(except for his rb numbers of course). MJ, Kobe, West are 3 players that did this.

Kobe, MJ, and West had to rely on their skill rather than just dunking over people. This is why i would rank those 3 as the best all-time scorers. Baylor and Wilt are right behind them though.

Are you laying the 6 today?

Are you laying the 6 today?

Not sure if taking anything on the game.

Been on a nice run in bases and WNBA, and with CFL around the corner at the end of the month, I'm trying to hold onto the bankroll I built up. I threw 400 bucks into my account with my local book out of sheer boredom after not betting for about 6 months, and it's sitting around +4,500 now 2 weeks later. I scaled all my bets across the board down today to about 25% of what I usually wager. Thinking about passing on the game completely.

All the services are on Boston.

Not sure if taking anything on the game.

Been on a nice run in bases and WNBA, and with CFL around the corner at the end of the month, I'm trying to hold onto the bankroll I built up. I threw 400 bucks into my account with my local book out of sheer boredom after not betting for about 6 months, and it's sitting around +4,500 now 2 weeks later. I scaled all my bets across the board down today to about 25% of what I usually wager. Thinking about passing on the game completely.

All the services are on Boston.

Nicely sir :thumbsup:

The services huh? Well, even those well documented losers have a 50% chance...

Nicely sir :thumbsup:

The services huh? Well, even those well documented losers have a 50% chance...

The services suck. This is what I settled on.

Parlay 1 unit to win 2.11 units.

LA Lakers (PK)

Chic Blackhawks (PK)

St Louis Cardinals (PK)

I remember Kobe sending Jordan into retirement after MJ came back and played for the Bulls for the second time. MJ saw Kobe on the the Lakers across the court and said fock this sh1t, I am retiring before I get embarrassed.

PHOCKYEAHITSKOBETIME!!!!!! :mad: :thumbsup: :pointstosky:

The services suck. This is what I settled on.

Parlay 1 unit to win 2.11 units.

LA Lakers (PK)

Chic Blackhawks (PK)

St Louis Cardinals (PK)

Hope you win sir, ill certainly be pullin for ya.