Sign in to follow this  
Chronic Husker

***Official Lakers vs. Celtics thread***

Cheer up. I don't think the team with the 3 games back-to-back has ever one all three games.

Phil never loses after getting game one. Im just a lil bit scurred that its tied up and going to Boston for 3 straight :thumbsup:

My thoughts:

1. Rondo is my boy, but he needs to stop this clutch shiit. 4th quarter is Kobe time. Get off his swag.

2. The refs need to get out of the focking way. It's the playoffs. Swallow the whistle, except for Kendick Perkins cause that's his only purpose and I love to watch that big goon whine.

3. Ray Allen can shoot. Let's take note of that, mmkay?

4. RonRon should never take a shot outside the paint. He's too strong, and an awful shooter. Play defense, attack the rim, say crazy shiit, but stop jacking up 3's with 20 seconds on the shot clock.

5. This is how many rings Kobe will have after this series.

6. Run the offense through Pau.

7. Bynum was nice. If he brings it like this in the rest of the series, all gravy.

8. WE CAN NOT GET OUTREBOUNDED

9. Odom has to attack the rim off the bounce and be a major rebounding factor. He is not a jumpshooter. I repeat: He. Is. NOT. A. Jumpshooter.

10. If Kobe is not on the floor, Pau and Lamar MUST be out there together. Sit Ron. He thinks if Kobe isn't out there that he should shoot every time.

11. Fuck the Celtics.

My thoughts:

1. Rondo is my boy, but he needs to stop this clutch shiit. 4th quarter is Kobe time. Get off his swag.

2. The refs need to get out of the focking way. It's the playoffs. Swallow the whistle, except for Kendick Perkins cause that's his only purpose and I love to watch that big goon whine.

3. Ray Allen can shoot. Let's take note of that, mmkay?

4. RonRon should never take a shot outside the paint. He's too strong, and an awful shooter. Play defense, attack the rim, say crazy shiit, but stop jacking up 3's with 20 seconds on the shot clock.

5. This is how many rings Kobe will have after this series.

6. Run the offense through Pau.

7. Bynum was nice. If he brings it like this in the rest of the series, all gravy.

8. WE CAN NOT GET OUTREBOUNDED

9. Odom has to attack the rim off the bounce and be a major rebounding factor. He is not a jumpshooter. I repeat: He. Is. NOT. A. Jumpshooter.

10. If Kobe is not on the floor, Pau and Lamar MUST be out there together. Sit Ron. He thinks if Kobe isn't out there that he should shoot every time.

11. Fuck the Celtics.

A+ You graduate. Next class?

ETA: We HAVE to go through the bigs, great effort by Bynum tonight. It sounds weird to say, but Kobes the wildcard? Strange world when the planets best player is the X factor...

Cheer up. I don't think the team with the 3 games back-to-back has ever one all three games.

My Pistons in 04' against the buttfock Lakers were the only team to do it :headbanger: Now the Lakers are much cooler without Shaq and Kobe's ego clashing non-stop, plus they tried to buy a championship that year by bringing in Malone and Payton and failed miserably.

Boston is a weak home team for some reason, the Lakers happen to be a great road team. I am sticking to Lakers in 6.

One of these games, Kobe is just going to go apesh1t. You can see it in his eyes, he is just waiting for the right time when everything falls into place. His team is down and he is not in foul trouble and his stroke is singing sweet string music. I feel a 55-60 point night coming up, he is way overdue.

Unless Garnett turns it around the Celtics are probably going to lose in 5, maybe 6, last night was a total aberration.

Ray Allen was unconscious in the 1st half. That will never happen again.

The slobbering over Kobe's c0ck in this thread is ridiculous.

Oh Bryant had five fouls. Boo hoo. The entire Celtics team was in foul trouble and up until the end when the Lakers had to start fouling intentionally it was decidedly one-sided in the free throw and personal fouls department. They had to give Shelden Williams minutes! Guy looked so overwhelmed out there he cost them 10 points in a four minute span. Kobe had 5 fouls in 34 minutes. Meanwhile Sheed had 4 fouls in 18 minutes, Glen Davis had 4 fouls in 18 minutes, and Garnett had 5 fouls in 24 minutes.

Of course Kobe wants to just 'take over'. He ALWAYS wants to take over. The look in his eyes? Give me a break. Love that Magic made reference at halftime to the fact that Ray Allen and Kobe despise one another. For some reason this has been underreported when it is a great Finals angle. It must of been especially galling to Bean to watch Jesus Shuttlesworth go off last night. The fact that Pau got zero shot attempts in the fourth up until under a minute when the game was out of reach is ridiculous. He obviously has been the best player on the floor in this series and they have such an advantage down low that they should just pound him and Bynum the ball every single time down the court. But they won't because Bean's ego won't allow it.

I commented to my friend last night (big Laker fan)- how many shot attempts do you think Kobe and Pau will get respectively in Game 3 if Pau leads the Lakers to victory tonight and is front-runner for Finals MVP. His response- Kobe 36 attempts, Pau 10. I love when Bean goes 8 for 20 with 5 turnovers and gets eaten up by Rondo how it is all the fault of foul trouble and those darn zebras.

The refereeing has been an embarassment to the league. I am an NBA fan and oftentimes apologist, but even I find it practically unwatchable. I would say they should go back to the same style you use in pick-up where you call your own foul and have instant replay decide any disputes- but they can't even get replays right. Having that many personal fouls destroys the flow of the game and is counterproductive to the game. And the fact they won't even let commentators rage about how ridiculous it is? I just want to hear one of them go apeshit when viewing another replay where I guy was barely touched and they blew the whistle.

Unless Garnett turns it around the Celtics are probably going to lose in 5, maybe 6, last night was a total aberration.

Not sure I agree with Ray Allen's 32 points as that big of an aberation. Both Garnett and Pierce were off last night. Ray Allen had 32 points. So the big three combined for 48 points. They have averaged 51 points per game in the playoffs. Ray Allen may not get 32 points a night but Pierce's 2 out of 11 shooting is as big an aberation as Ray Allen raining threes.

The Lakers Big men Gasol and Bynum have averaged 30 points a game in the playoffs but went off for 46 points last night and they still lost. Add in the fact that the lakers shot 41 freethrows to the Celtics 26 and its a game the lakers should feel real bad about losing.

Garnett and Odom have been sidelined a lot with foul troubles throughout the series. Allen was in big time foul trouble all through game 1 and Kobe was in foul trouble in game 2. If the refs just let these guys play then maybe we would see some good basketball but so far this whole series has been a foul plagued aberation.

Phil Jackson is 48-0 in series' when his team wins the first game.

Very true. He's usually had the best team, usually had home court, and usually had the best player. I think only two of those three are true this time around.

Those stats are fun to throw around, but each series is different. I'm sure the team that wins the first game throughout history has a great winning percentage, but it doesn't preclude the better team from winning despite that loss imo. I really feel Boston is the better team. For a Sixers lifer, that's really hard to type.

The 2-0 stat carries much more weight imo, though all it means usually is that a team held home court.

Not sure I agree with Ray Allen's 32 points as that big of an aberation. Both Garnett and Pierce were off last night. Ray Allen had 32 points. So the big three combined for 48 points. They have averaged 51 points per game in the playoffs. Ray Allen may not get 32 points a night but Pierce's 2 out of 11 shooting is as big an aberation as Ray Allen raining threes.

The Lakers Big men Gasol and Bynum have averaged 30 points a game in the playoffs but went off for 46 points last night and they still lost. Add in the fact that the lakers shot 41 freethrows to the Celtics 26 and its a game the lakers should feel real bad about losing.

Garnett and Odom have been sidelined a lot with foul troubles throughout the series. Allen was in big time foul trouble all through game 1 and Kobe was in foul trouble in game 2. If the refs just let these guys play then maybe we would see some good basketball but so far this whole series has been a foul plagued aberation.

Agreed on Allen. Prior to the series, it was disc ussed at great length the matchup problems the Lakers faced re Boston's perimeter players. After Game 1, as is typical of sports fans and their knee-jerk reactions, that was all forgotten.

Fisher can't guard Allen or Rondo. That's a huge issue for LA.

I'm not surprised by the fouls inside though, even as a non-homer, it seems the Celtics are getting the short end of the deal. But I think you'll see it continue. Coming in, I felt Boston's front court depth was an advantage. They give up length, youth and skill to LA, but they've got 20+ fouls to give. If only to disrupt the flow of the triangle, those are important. I also want to see if Bynum can continue to be so unexpectedly (at least to me) spry on that knee. He's had 3 days rest for both games so far. That goes away for the next two. If he reverts to what he was vs PHX, LA has a problem.

considering Ray Allen broke a record for 3's in a game that he previously held a share of, I would not call his 32 points and 8 3's an abberation.

Laker fans should stop whining about the refs taking Kobe out of the game. They did it to Allen in game 1. As a whole they should swallow the whistle a little more but its not as if LA is getting focked more than Boston.

Really need Pierce and Garnett to turn it around and take some of the load off Allen and Rondo. The nice thing for Celtic fans is knowing they were able to win a game with such poor performances from Pierce and Garnett. As likely as Ray Allen is to come back down to earth a bit, Pierce is just as likely to have a big game.

I would think this is going back to LA with Boston up 3-2.

The fact that the Lakers were in it in the 4th shows just how badly the Celtic bigs need to turn it on. Lakers shot like 40% in the first half and were only down by 6, even after Allen went nuts. The Celtic bigs are getting absolutely dominated. Kobe rarely gets into foul trouble and was basically ineffective in the 4th. I'm not worried in the slightest. We'll take 2 of these 3 in Boston! Lakers in 6.

You Laker fans should at least be worried. Celtics are a very good team, and they have home court now. Don't forget 08 and 04, where teams that played great team defense dominated you. They won last night despite very poor games from Garnett and Pierce.

That being said, once again, i feel the Lakers are the superior team by a good margin. Kobe is going to really have to play at his highest level from here on out.

I thought the refs in game 2 were awful (for both sides). If you were anywhere near a guy, it was a foul. Even the ones against Colorado Kobe were awful (and I love to see him make the surprised face after a foul).

Keep the whistles in your mouth unless something really bad happens. Stop calling ticky-tack crap.

The "Zen Master" complaining about the refs for cripes sake. With just under 9 minutes left in the 4`th quarter LA 37 foul shots Boston 14. The Celtics will have to win 2 games in LA to win it all, VERY tough but not impossible. One big positive for the Celtics though, Bynum and Gasol can`t play any better than that and they still beat them in LA. Kobe will step it up but even he said it`s all about the def end of the floor, still like the Boston in 7.

The "Zen Master" complaining about the refs for cripes sake. With just under 9 minutes left in the 4`th quarter LA 37 foul shots Boston 14. The Celtics will have to win 2 games in LA to win it all, VERY tough but not impossible. One big positive for the Celtics though, Bynum and Gasol can`t play any better than that and they still beat them in LA. Kobe will step it up but even he said it`s all about the def end of the floor, still like the Boston in 7.

Why would the Celtics would have to win 2 games in LA?

They don`t have to win in LA but I can`t see them sweeping 3 in a row in Boston. As I said I still like the celtics in 7 but the shorter the better.

They don`t have to win in LA but I can`t see them sweeping 3 in a row in Boston. As I said I still like the celtics in 7 but the shorter the better.

OK. Just confused by your post that said the "Celtics have to win 2 in games in LA to win it all".

Boston is a weak home team for some reason, the Lakers happen to be a great road team. I am sticking to Lakers in 6.

I'm pretty sure the Lakers are a bad road team. They dropped 2 out of 3 against OK City and 2 out of 3 against Phoenix. That makes them 4-4 on the road in the playoffs, and 9-1 at home.

I'm pretty sure the Lakers are a bad road team. They dropped 2 out of 3 against OK City and 2 out of 3 against Phoenix. That makes them 4-4 on the road in the playoffs, and 9-1 at home.

That's still considered to be good in the NBA playoffs. I think the Lakers have finished off 5 straight series on the road. Lakers are certainly a better home team than a road team, which is true 99% of the time, but they are still more than capable of winning road games. The fact that the Celtics have proven to be vulnerable at home makes me think the Lakers still have the edge.

I hate calling games "must win" unless they actually are, but I get the odd feeling that this really is a must for the Celtics. They have not been very good at home this year and they need to win 2 of 3 in Boston and get back to LA up 3-2.

I dont trust them to win back to back if they lose this first one at home. Losing game 1 in LA didn't defalte Boston because the home team is "supposed" to win. But losing their first home game might deflate them.

Parlay 2 units to win 3.73 units

LA Lakers (+3)

NY Yankees (PK)

Just goofing around. I am resting on the laurels of the monster Phoenix and Orlando runs for 5 straight games of game line and half time lines, which went a ridiculous 10-0 ATS, which I sunk bigger bets into than Game 2 and tonight. I just can't get a good grip on this side tonight, so I parlayed with Yankees so that if my hunch is right on LAL, I have a shot at a nearly 2 for 1 return. Paul Pierce still looks good, but Allen has been mostly streaking bad in the playoffs other than obviously the first half last game. Garnett looks old. Other than Rondo, Boston just looks old and slow. I know, I know, they are in the finals. But that's what my eyes see. I can't believe Memphis got rid of Gasol. That guy was a monster for me in fantasy basketball leagues in the past. The LA frontcourt just looks so much better than Boston's and Boston just doesn't rebound, I have to take LA in the trenches. That's how Orlando won a couple of games vs Boston despite shooting like sh!t, including that game in Boston in Game 5. They hammered Boston on the offensive glass. If the game if fairly officiated, LA has at least a 50% of winning.

Or I could be completely wrong.

That was awful. Jeesus chryst. Was someone smacking a bag of focking cats up against a wall?

Here we go. Game 3 startin up. :music_guitarred:

Artest = Badass

Rondo and Garnett look good early.

I dont think Boston got the memo, yelling "Kobe sucks" has lead to the demise of many a team. Dumbdumbs

What the hell happened to Ron Ron??? Fouls?? My feed cut out and came back on and he was the focking bench.

What the hell happened to Ron Ron??? Fouls?? My feed cut out and came back on and he was the focking bench.

He got 2 within the first 3 minutes, good calls too. Dumbdumb

Nice way to end the quarter for the Lakers. Caught Boston sleeping. :shocking:

Yeap, on back to back possessions. I wish they would have shown a replay of his first (offensive) foul, but they were too busy being all over Garnetts nuts from 2-3 possessions earlier.

I was really thinking the refs would be a little looser tonight, but no. They insist on being the deciding factor in the series I guess.

On the other hand, I can't stand these announcers. They have absolutely no idea what's going on...just talking to talk.

He got 2 within the first 3 minutes, good calls too. Dumbdumb

Well I am glad to hear that. Only because when I got the feed back, I kept hearing them talk about cramps or something. Was afraid Artest was hurt.

Yeap, on back to back possessions. I wish they would have shown a replay of his first (offensive) foul, but they were too busy being all over Garnetts nuts from 2-3 possessions earlier.

I was really thinking the refs would be a little looser tonight, but no. They insist on being the deciding factor in the series I guess.

On the other hand, I can't stand these announcers. They have absolutely no idea what's going on...just talking to talk.

They had me freaking out for a minute or two.

Seemed like Boston got to 12 points in a hurry. Now it's 2nd quarter and they only have 17. :shocking:

Bench is looking STELLAR tonight. Glad to see Odom getting it done finally.

THey sure were. Hopefully they will settle down after this TO. Both team looked sloppy the last couple of possessions.

That foul on Fisher was weak as hell. :shocking: :dunno:

I'm honestly surprised that Phil Jackson isn't already out $50,000. And tonight is looking like a night to make it $75,000 already. Let the teams play!

I'm honestly surprised that Phil Jackson isn't already out $50,000. And tonight is looking like a night to make it $75,000 already. Let the teams play!

:shocking:

Kobe to Gasol.......WOW!!!

That was a NICE play by Fisher taking the charge. Can't believe he stopped that 2 on 1. :shocking: