Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Two Commentary**

FWIW, I am high on S.Rice as well. I did have Jennings and one other WR rated higher, but he was on my radar at 3.05.

I think that no matter the starting QB in Minny he is coming into his own. ***** coming back would be the gravy on top, not the linchpin. I think Rice is still on the front end of his career curve and has room to produce even more.

I concur with this completely. The factor of the ageless one is for seamless continuity. Without him, there is just the question of effect. And certainly, with two key Vikings on my team, it has to be a measurable consideration.

FWIW, I am high on S.Rice as well. I did have Jennings and one other WR rated higher, but he was on my radar at 3.05.

I think that no matter the starting QB in Minny he is coming into his own. Favre coming back would be the gravy on top, not the linchpin. I think Rice is still on the front end of his career curve and has room to produce even more.

While I agree that Rice has arrived, there's no QB behind Father Time that can make the throws he did last season. For the same reasons mentioned about Fitz and his QB situation the same can be said if FT doesn't return. It would be a step back for Rice, not by any fault of his own.

That's about right for Mathews IMO...we'll see come our real draft days as if he has decent preseason could jump up to early 2nd...likely will be too rich for me.

I'm not sold on Charles completely either but it does look like it'll be his gig and think him taken this early is indicitive of the state of RBs today in NFL/FF...RBs expected to get bulk of carries are getting fewer and farther between. So a choice like Charles may not be so much for his talent but his situation.

I'm with everyone on ADP...it's a tool, nothing else. Taking it too literally can hurt you, particularly on draft day when folks will sometimes take guys they want b/c they want them, ADP be damned.

Whoops, just noticed I name dropped. I edited my post. :banana:

Whats the punishment? Can it be for RLLD to spank me? :wub:

my next 3 picks after white would have been Charles, Mathews, Rice

you guys are too good

I have to wonder where White Wonder has wandered to, perhaps a walk with Wanda while wishing for white whales at whimsical the wall....

you guys are too good

He is right I guess.... :bandana:

Jamaal Charles

He had a hell of a run at the end of last year, ending up as the number 12 back in a non PPR, despite not seeing more than 6 carries until week 10. The fact that the Cheifs went out and signed a RB is a concern, but since I went with the relatively safe pick of MJD in the first, I felt I could gamble a bit.

Some encouraging stuff I stumble onto on the web.

Ryan Mathews performance vs. BCS competition the past few years.

@ Rutgers: 26 carries, 163 yards (6.3 ypc) 3 tds

@ Wisconsin: 17 carries 54 yards (3.2 ypc)

@ UCLA: 21 carries 166 yards (7.9 ypc) 1 td

@ Wisconsin: 19 carries, 107 yards (5.6 ypc) 1 td

@ Cincinnati: 38 carries, 145 yards (3.8 ypc) 1 td

@ Illinois: 32 carries 173 yards, (5.4 ypc) 3 tds

Boise State: 19 carries 234 yards (12.3 ypc) 3 tds

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The @ jumps out at me. I am becoming happer that I finally jumped out and took a risk!!

Carry on!