Sign in to follow this  
Boilermaker04

Ryan Matthews

Ryan Matthews is a top 10 RB and ADP of early second / late first as a rookie... on a team with a terrible run blocking line.

I like to mix in some risk in my early picks in hopes of hitting it big, which has worked for me fairly well so far in my leagues, but I can't get my head around this guy's hype.

For anyone who is drafting Matthews where he's projected, I'm curious to see where you have his ceiling and floor at and even more so why you are confident he'll reach it. Opportunities count for a lot but I see too much working against him. I expect him maybe in the top 15 and have 1,200 APY 9 TDs as his ceiling, for what its worth.

I wasn't that excited about him at first but then I watched him play, I got excited. I think he looks more explosive than what I had heard, I had expected somewhat of a plodding back. I am drafting at the turn and will loose my first round pick to keep SJAX so I basically still have one first rounder. I am debating between Mendenhall and Matthews, with the draft on Saturday I will be interested to see what people think about him.

Well ill say this......in a 12 man redraft last weekend i grabbed him and shonne greene at the 12/13 turnaround...and most the guys in the league went "Dammit.....". So if i didnt get those two there...they were getting snatched shortly after.

I was hyped on him...then i saw him play and got more hyped. I think provided he stays healthy he'll easily put up rb1 numbers for everybody as will greeene.

Greenes production just will come later in the year when the schedule eases up a little.

Well ill say this......in a 12 man redraft last weekend i grabbed him and shonne greene at the 12/13 turnaround...and most the guys in the league went "Dammit.....". So if i didnt get those two there...they were getting snatched shortly after.

I was hyped on him...then i saw him play and got more hyped. I think provided he stays healthy he'll easily put up rb1 numbers for everybody as will greeene.

Greenes production just will come later in the year when the schedule eases up a little.

What big name QB/RB/WR did you decide pass up to take those two at the turn, or if you were targetting those two who was taken with the next few picks?

I think at the end of the year he may have perfromed like a first rounder, but in most leagues I don't think you will need to draft him that high in order to snag him.

Buck Naked - what place did you finish with taht 2009 fantasy team listed below.. IM thinking of going with brees, 2 #1 rbs and fill in wrs at the end with left over auction money?

I picked him in both drafts I've had thus far. I picked him at 2.1 in a 10 team league and 2.2 in a 12 team league.

Ceiling - 1800 total yards, 14 TD's

What I am expecting reasonably hoping for, 1400 yards 10 TD's

Floor (barring injury) - 1000 yards, 7 Td's

What big name QB/RB/WR did you decide pass up to take those two at the turn, or if you were targetting those two who was taken with the next few picks?

It went my picks of matthews and greene.....then charles, brees, moss, mendenahll, grant, wayne, deangelo, marshall, austin, white, fitz.

6pt td league but typically guys dont take qb's early and we can start up to 3 rb's.....so if something looks off thats usually why.

Personally i wanted no part of wayne or fitzgerald, and would puke if austin, white, or grant is a my first pick

It went my picks of matthews and greene.....then charles, brees, moss, mendenahll, grant, wayne, deangelo, marshall, austin, white, fitz.

6pt td league but typically guys dont take qb's early and we can start up to 3 rb's.....so if something looks off thats usually why.

Personally i wanted no part of wayne or fitzgerald, and would puke if austin, white, or grant is a my first pick

I might have grabbed moss and mathews...

not a good value for a round 1 pick...but it sounds like you better be ready to snag him in early 2 to get him.

almost getting too hyped now for my value-based drafting tastes.

Kid has a huge upside but he went 7th overall in my 10 team league!!! :dunno:

LT finished just outside the top 10 last year, and that was a horrendous yr. Alot of the Chargers line problems were magnified by no 21. Watching preseason he hits holes, hard and fast, and breaks tackles, 3 things LT couldnt do last year.

1200 total yards and 10tds is his non-injured floor

LT finished just outside the top 10 last year, and that was a horrendous yr. Alot of the Chargers line problems were magnified by no 21. Watching preseason he hits holes, hard and fast, and breaks tackles, 3 things LT couldnt do last year.

1200 total yards and 10tds is his non-injured floor

i will say, Mathews can probably do more to mask to horrendous run blocking of the Charger line than LT could. That said, i still wouldn't be thrilled about the state of that line and the impact it might have on Mathews as a rookie.

I'm not buying all the hype. If he's there late in the 2nd, i'll think about grabbing him but probably not till the 3rd if he's still there - and if he's not, then I'm not going to sweat it. Too much of a risk for a 1st or early 2nd round pick. I'd rather go for better value in going for Jahvid Best a few rounds later who COULD perform just as good, but with less risk involved since it's a few rounds later.

Buck Naked - what place did you finish with taht 2009 fantasy team listed below.. IM thinking of going with brees, 2 #1 rbs and fill in wrs at the end with left over auction money?

3rd. I had the best record and I think the highest points but lost in the playoffs to CJ. Losing DWilly really hurt me.

I actually also was able to trade for MSW in the middle of the year as well, but alas, injuries....