RB Felix Jones

WR Wes Welker

WR Eddie Royal

WR Malcolm Floyd

WR Marques Colston

WR Mike Williams

WR TJ Houshmandzadeh

WR Vincent Jackson

Already had one trade vetoed in this league, lets see if they veto this one too :rolleyes:

not bad on the surface and you are obviously weak as fock at QB but wow, why not try to move a WR for a QB?? You have much more WR depth.

now you have two RB's with minor injury problems and nothing behind them :unsure: I hope those injuries don't become nagging.

not bad on the surface and you are obviously weak as fock at QB but wow, why not try to move a WR for a QB?? You have much more WR depth.

now you have two RB's with minor injury problems and nothing behind them :unsure: I hope those injuries don't become nagging.

I figure i'd trade Best at his apex of value.

I can start 1 RB and 3 WRs in this league and it's a PPR.

Probably going to move Mathews if he gets better, I can't have Rivers/Mathews/Floyd

Rivers

Turner

Welker

Floyd

Colston

Not bad in a PPR

This is ghey hearsay :banana:

:D

Yeah, I would have tried moving a WR for a lesser QB. Still, not a bad trade, I highly doubt Best will have anywhere near a game like that again. Counting on Lions for fantasy is always frustrating.

If you can't move him, you're going to have to hope Matthews can really get it going (I think he can). Im sure you're already all over getting Snelling. Picking him up will stabilize the position.

I think you could have got more for Best. He is a stud in the making. Bad move Edjr.

So you sold high on Best and didn't even get a top 5 QB? Ouch.

I traded a rookie rb for a top notch QB.. terrible trade. I should hand in my fantasy license.

I guess we shall see. :cheers:

Philip Rivers

QB Derek Anderson

RB Jahvid Best

RB Ryan Mathews

RB Michael Turner

RB Felix Jones

WR Wes Welker

WR Eddie Royal

WR Malcolm Floyd

WR Marques Colston

WR Mike Williams

WR TJ Houshmandzadeh

WR Vincent Jackson

Already had one trade vetoed in this league, lets see if they veto this one too :rolleyes:

Ummm, baby Daddy, you were having a man crush on Anderson. What happened? Doesn't he swallow? :unsure:

I traded a rookie rb for a top notch QB.. terrible trade. I should hand in my fantasy license.

I guess we shall see. :cheers:

What does a rookie runningback have to do with anything? Rookie RB's go off all the time. The guy is obviously very explosive.

What does a rookie runningback have to do with anything? Rookie RB's go off all the time. The guy is obviously very explosive.

he has 5 TDs already, you think he is going to score what? 20? 30? c'mon now. He plays for the focking Lions. He had 20 rushing yards week 1

Rookies usually hit a wall around week 10, fantasy playoffs are week 14, 15 and 16.

I figure i'd trade Best at his apex of value.

Probably going to move Mathews if he gets better, I can't have Rivers/Mathews/Floyd

Rivers

Turner

Welker

Floyd

Colston

Not bad in a PPR

Best was taken over Rivers in both my leagues, so I'm not sure you're really selling him at his apex. Maybe if you had gotten a top 3 QB. Maybe even Brady or Schaub, but I'm sure you look at Rivers in the same light. Nevertheless, given your QB situation, this deal will probably help your team.

with such shallow lineup requirements it doesn't really matter what you do.

but obtaining a much better QB will be a big boost to your team.

as for Turner, Floyd, Colston in PPR... meh. Not trying to pile on but with such shallow lineups you are starting alot of players who don't catch a ton of passes.

I would have rathered see you keep best and move turner or mathews for a QB. Or even Turner + WR for a QB.

with such shallow lineup requirements it doesn't really matter what you do.

but obtaining a much better QB will be a big boost to your team.

as for Turner, Floyd, Colston in PPR... meh. Not trying to pile on but with such shallow lineups you are starting alot of players who don't catch a ton of passes.

I would have rathered see you keep best and move turner or mathews for a QB. Or even Turner + WR for a QB.

Not piling on. I posted it for feedback, it's all good. :thumbsup:

People are brutal in here sometimes.

I'm of those who aren't high on Best either.

Of course I can be wrong but I just put my logic to work.

Rookie that plays on the Lions

I would sell high on Best too but I think you could have done just a bit more.

I like the trade. Since it's PPR it's not a slam dunk, but one that I would've made.

You didn't get a "top 5" QB, instead had to settle for No. 7. Rivers will be Rivers even without Vincent Jackson. Plus, once the Chargers get inside the 5 Antonio Gates is the No. 1 target. With all the Finley hype, it could be Gates that has a historic year for a TE (and I'm a Finley owner). So whatever longer touchdowns Rivers may lose without Jackson, he should make up in short ones.

I traded best and Andre johnson for Peyton manning, V Jax and Beanie. 6 pts passing TD

I start Forte & Pierre. Please let VJax get traded soon!!! I am playing M Williams TB til then or maybe forever

I like that you are getting better @ QB and selling high on best, but your other three RBs probably total for about 1/2 of best's production so far fantasy wise. Not that he is going to keep up, but I would have maybe paired with one of your mid tier WRs for one of the other guy's back up RBs or something to that effect. Especially since two of your RBs got banged up last week and there are two other guys that could supplant Jones on the DC.

That being said trading in my league is harder than a 64 oz sirloin ######, so you it's hard to reccomend trading tactics to people in other leagues.

I traded him for Gore straight up right before week 2 started; luckily it takes a couple days for trades to go through and I benefited from best's huge game.

Let's see if he's the next real deal and I screwed up.

I think you will come to regret this trade. If we re-drafted today, Best is a late 1st round pick. Rivers is a late 2nd round pick. That seems like poor value to me. It's as bad as trading Ryan Mathews for Joe Flacco.

I think you will come to regret this trade. If we re-drafted today, Best is a late 1st round pick. Rivers is a late 2nd round pick. That seems like poor value to me. It's as bad as trading Ryan Mathews for Joe Flacco.

Yeah but what if we redrafted a week from today, 2 weeks from today, 3 weeks from today, 4 weeks from today, 5 weeks from today, 6 weeks from today, 7 weeks from today, 8 weeks from today, 9 weeks from today, 10 weeks from today, 11 weeks from today, 12 weeks from today, 13 weeks from today, 14 weeks from today, or 15 weeks from today? What then, huh?

It's funny..

I traded LT/Schaub for Thomas Jones/Braylon Edwards after 2 weeks in 2008

Nearly everyone on this board lambasted me..

Jones outscored LT2 by a good margin and Schaub got hurt.

I went on to bump the thread and hardly anyone came back to say they were wrong.

The same thing will happen here.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=324629&hl=%20thomas%20%20jones&st=0

Yeah but what if we redrafted a week from today, 2 weeks from today, 3 weeks from today, 4 weeks from today, 5 weeks from today, 6 weeks from today, 7 weeks from today, 8 weeks from today, 9 weeks from today, 10 weeks from today, 11 weeks from today, 12 weeks from today, 13 weeks from today, 14 weeks from today, or 15 weeks from today? What then, huh?

:lol:

Hey, everyone...edjr once made a good trade in the past, so let's not question this one!

WHOOSH!

Not at all what I was saying.

Question away.

WHOOSH!

Not at all what I was saying.

Question away.

DOOSH!

So you posted one trade you got right for what reason exactly?

DOOSH!

So you posted one trade you got right for what reason exactly?

If people are proven wrong, they won't come back and admit it.

If people are proven wrong, they won't come back and admit it.

Yeah, I'm sure you'll bump this thread if Best finishes top 5.

Yeah, I'm sure you'll bump this thread if Best finishes top 5.

Someone else won't?

What if Rivers finishes top 5 too?

What are you on the rag or what?

For a trade made today, today is all that matters.

Someone else won't?

On the rag? You're the one that seems to be taking this personally. Whittle bit sthenthitive this mornin?

On the rag? You're the one that seems to be taking this personally. Whittle bit sthenthitive this mornin?

I don't care what most people say, you just seem to be a little hard on the beav lately :(

I don't care what most people say, you just seem to be a little hard on the beav lately :(

Come here. :hug:

Come here. :hug:

:banana:

Someone else won't?

you brought up a 2008 trade post and how you bumped it and no one admitted they were wrong. so i think it was entirely reasonable to point out that if Best ends up top 5, you are unlikely to re-enter this thread. :dunno:

its fine to rehash the things you end up being correct about, just don't hide from the things you are wrong about. not saying you do that, but alot of people do.

you brought up a 2008 trade post and how you bumped it and no one admitted they were wrong. so i think it was entirely reasonable to point out that if Best ends up top 5, you are unlikely to re-enter this thread. :dunno:

its fine to rehash the things you end up being correct about, just don't hide from the things you are wrong about. not saying you do that, but alot of people do.

I'm wrong 80% of the time when it comes to the geek board, I hide from nothing.

Fantasy football.. maybe i'm 50/50

Now you are only about 10 more trades away from a good team.

WOW! Look who brought the funny! :rolleyes: