Sign in to follow this  
cdogge

Cincy Def

I'm starting them with major confidence.... U?

I had Miami chambered for this week at home vs Jets until Sanchez found some game vs the Pats. Then I grabbed Cincy and I'm starting them but tempering expectations. Can Carolina be that bad that DWIII and J. Stew are stymied? Dunno. :unsure:

I had Miami chambered for this week at home vs Jets until Sanchez found some game vs the Pats. Then I grabbed Cincy and I'm starting them but tempering expectations. Can Carolina be that bad that DWIII and J. Stew are stymied? Dunno. :unsure:

They forced 4 turnovers against Baltimore and held them to 10 points.

I think Baltimore has a better offense than Carolina.

I'm gonna try to drop SD for them.....but I'm pretty sure one of the owners ahead of me will pounce first.

This game is a good matchup.....so are the next couple: @CLE and TB

I was hung up between MIA and CIN too.

I eventually went with the fish, since they have shown an ability to get to the QB consistently already. Cincy has just 1 sack thus far. I can see Sanchez regressing a bit, trying to keep up with Henne/Marshall and throwing some balls up for grabs.

Miami is at home, too.

Of course, Clausen's first NFL action leaves the Panthers ripe for the defense to pick apart. They've given up 8 sacks already. But I can see Carolina going into max protect mode, and running the ball 50 times.

I haven't completely made up my mind...

I was hung up between MIA and CIN too.

I eventually went with the fish, since they have shown an ability to get to the QB consistently already. Cincy has just 1 sack thus far. I can see Sanchez regressing a bit, trying to keep up with Henne/Marshall and throwing some balls up for grabs.

Miami is at home, too.

Of course, Clausen's first NFL action leaves the Panthers ripe for the defense to pick apart. They've given up 8 sacks already. But I can see Carolina going into max protect mode, and running the ball 50 times.

I haven't completely made up my mind...

I have the same case of Waffleitis.

Candygram4Mongo = nice handle. Love Blazing Saddles :cheers:

Do it. I had Miami for my flavor of the week but with the change of qb in Carolina and the way they played last week, I think they are going to go after Clauson. The only concern is that Carolina o line is HUGE so I don't know how much pressure they can put on him. I expect Cincy to put up some numbers so if Carolina is down they are going to have to air it out and an easy pick 6 could be in the cards. Cincys a solid play thi week.

Rookie QB's first game... That's honestly enough for me..

Hopefully it's different this week, but historically (last 3 or 4 seasons)the Bengals have performed poorly against rookie/1st timer QBs.

Just sayin. :bandana:

Hopefully it's different this week, but historically (last 3 or 4 seasons)the Bengals have performed poorly against rookie/1st timer QBs.

Just sayin. :bandana:

True. They are 6-7 against rookie QB's in the Lewis area. But four of those loses were against Flacco and Rapistburger. Two good teams. I love the match up for the next three weeks! :pointstosky:

Going with Washington DST vs. Rams! :overhead:

Depending on the scoring type, Redskins have still scored decently and they've given up almot 900 yards passing in 2 weeks. Then again they've gone against Dallas and Houston. I expect them to have the big game on defense they've been used to having and control the Rams to very little and get some sacks and a couple of turnovers!!

I too think Cincy is gonna do well, but I'm struggling between them and the Jets vs. Miami. If Revis was healthy, I'd roll Jets.

My same dilemma here....going with NE.

I think you stick with NE for sure. Better run organization that typically takes care of business.

Cincy D looks too good to be true this week, which is why I think it is.

Kind of a sure thing but would feel better if they were home.

I may go and pick up Wash. vs. STL just because I see them being a little more hungry after last weeks meltdown and STL passes more which means more sacks and turnovers.

Cinci defense is going to be a terrible start. The rookie QB is going to make Fox come to his senses. Carolina is going to rush the ball 35 times for 275 yards and 4 scores.

Cinci defense is going to be a terrible start. The rookie QB is going to make Fox come to his senses. Carolina is going to rush the ball 35 times for 275 yards and 4 scores.

A very real possibility.

Damn you skibum,

Making me reconsider 12 hours before kickoff.

Good call on the risk of CAR running all game. CIN gives up 113y/game, but 4.9 per carry.

Bills played Pats very well both times last year; F.Jax tore them up. But NE def still scored well 2nd game.

I may lean toward MIA. Sanchez tore up a bad NE secondary; more of a fluke I'd imagine. Though his passes did look good.

I'm starting Cincy DST as well, but I truly am not expecting much. Even though HC Fox is an idiot, I tend to think he won't expose his rookie QB. Carolina will pound the rock, and Cincy isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut. Bottom line to me is that it depends on how your league scores DST.