Sign in to follow this  
*Champion*

Moss trade = Brandon Tate starter?

True or false? If true, I would think he could have some pretty solid value... or am I way off?

Yes, Tate is Electric and a playmake. Go grab him now. I am a Pats homer. I have Moss and just picked up Tate.

Tate is going to be a beast, don't sleep on Price though :bandana:

I'm a Tate owner, but also a V Jax owner. I'd rather see the Pats go get V Jax in a trade and let Tate keep doing the ST's thing.

I'm a Tate owner, but also a V Jax owner. I'd rather see the Pats go get V Jax in a trade and let Tate keep doing the ST's thing.

Chargers will never trade VJax to the Pats I guarantee that

Tate is the next in line as far as "Stretch the field" kinda guy, but this is technically his 1st year playing because he only played a couple of games last year(WITH Moss taking the #1 cb of course), so I'm not certain he can handle the #1.

Price has been inactive, we don't really know much about him.

Edleman has been hurt(AGAIN!), so not sure about his status, and he has been used as more of a Welker/slot kinda guy- which may be 100% because of his replacing Welker in the lineup, but the moves he uses suggests he is that kinda guy......maybe they plan to use that type of route alot instead of downfield?

Edleman has some talent.

If Moss go's, I can see Welker getting more touches right away, but he's liable to get killed if Brady doesn't spread the ball....

More TE play and RB play would be my guess, but I don't think their defense is good enough to just run it and play safe......even that drubbing they handed Miami was smoke and mirrors, they still allowed 400 yds of offense to Miami, and Miami is no juggernaut.....Henne handed them that game, as well as their awful STs.

I don't expect the Pats to make a play for ANOTHER Malcontent Expensive Diva WR, so I seriously doubt VJ is in the mix at all......Belichik is sick of malcontents.

I think Aaron Hernandez will prolly get the big jump, guy doesn't even look like a tight end. Him and Gronko will probably be on the field at the same time a lot more. i'd pick up tate tho.

Wouldn't taking away Moss (like NOT ON THE FIELD) mean more coverage/better coverage for Tate? Does he have the hands or does Welker just get more targets?

Or is it the 2 stellar TEs that get more targets?

Or is New England just calling this in as a rebuilding year?

Remember when Dallas traded Herschel? Pretty much got Irvin, Emmit and Aikman in that trade. If this goes through, as described, this could be the biggest trade since then.

Or is New England just calling this in as a rebuilding year?.

I'm surprised no one else has brought this one up. I think with their slow start, I think it's a possibility they see the writing on the wall and ate quietly packing it in this season. Trading Moss would also make sense for future returns instead of re-signing him, whether or not thats the right decision. And don't forget the Maroney trade too.

I'm surprised no one else has brought this one up. I think with their slow start, I think it's a possibility they see the writing on the wall and ate quietly packing it in this season. Trading Moss would also make sense for future returns instead of re-signing him, whether or not thats the right decision. And don't forget the Maroney trade too.

I totally called it, when the Giants were out of the playoffs, "I hope we lose the rest of our games and get Eli Manning in the draft" and people here laughed at me. That's EXACTLY what happened. Collins had his shot at a Superbowl ... but he didn't want to "groom" Eli, whatever, and we brought in Warner. Looked like he was cooked, at the time. Everyone thought his career was over, but Warner had some more in the tank.

I'm not saying the Giants intentionally lost 6 straight games before that draft .... but they lost 6 straight games before that draft.

Pats are always rebuilding, hence the trading of picks every year, and moving players that either aren't getting it done (Maroney), or due for a big fat contract (Seymour and Randy).

I'm not a huge Moss fan, although he is no doubt one of the best WRS of all time....I'm not a fan of this move.

Pats are always rebuilding, hence the trading of picks every year, and moving players that either aren't getting it done (Maroney), or due for a big fat contract (Seymour and Randy).

I'm not a huge Moss fan, although he is no doubt one of the best WRS of all time....I'm not a fan of this move.

But you are a Pats fan, right?

All teams, are always rebuilding.

How is 3-1 and having the #1 offense in the nfl a slow start?

But you are a Pats fan, right?

All teams, are always rebuilding.

Yes

looking at moves round the league I'm not so sure of that, but move the Pats make show it clearly.

BTW even though I know that BB and crew are looking out for the best LONG TERM interests, I HATE some of the moves they make.....

How many draft picks do they have? They won't even be able to sign them all.

I'm a poker player, wasn't hard to figure out.

Dynasty leaguers take note: New York Giants rookie WR Victor Cruz

He was the first rookie WR since Owens to score 3 TDs in a pre-season game. He's got speed, and the kinda ball catching skills like, a New York Yankee center fielder might have. He makes sick adjustments. He made the team this year.

But is he gonna start over like Smith, Manningham or Nicks? No. He has no value this year. Next year .... he's gonna get a cheap contract, and become a star.

slow start? Are you even paying attention? 3-1 and tied for 1st in the AFC East. Anyone who thinks NE is writing off the season is insane. Don't be surprised to see another move or two to replace Moss on the roster. The Pats have like a pair of picks in almost every round of the 2011 draft. They are not done.

slow start? Are you even paying attention? 3-1 and tied for 1st in the AFC East. Anyone who thinks NE is writing off the season is insane. Don't be surprised to see another move or two to replace Moss on the roster. The Pats have like a pair of picks in almost every round of the 2011 draft. They are not done.

Sure wouldn't mind seeing NE trade a pick or 2 to the toothless Panthers for Deangelo. I just don't think Deangelo fits what NE likes to do in their running game. But maybe NE will change how they do things with no mo Moss.

Sure wouldn't mind seeing NE trade a pick or 2 to the toothless Panthers for Deangelo. I just don't think Deangelo fits what NE likes to do in their running game. But maybe NE will change how they do things with no mo Moss.

But the point is, they could just play their young players and maybe still have an 10-6 year, right? They can lose Moss, and still do OK. But even if they fall apart and go 4-12 .... next year looks bright for them.

But the point is, they could just play their young players and maybe still have an 10-6 year, right? They can lose Moss, and still do OK. But even if they fall apart and go 4-12 .... next year looks bright for them.

Tom Brady is 33 years old. Next year looks bright because they have a lot of draft picks?

Tom Brady is 33 years old. Next year looks bright because they have a lot of draft picks?

Yes.

BTW - Favre is 40

Next year Tom Brady will be the same age Peyton Manning is right now. Next year looks bright because even now with a ton of young guys on both sides of the ball they are playing competitively and they should only be that much better with a year of experience under their belts. HTH.

Yes.

BTW - Favre is 40

Favre isn't normal....in many ways.

The Pats have had very little success with drafting their own RB's/WR's. That's why they got Moss/Welker. I think they consider going after a veteran. Not sure who.

Favre isn't normal, Warner wasn't normal, focking Steve Young wasn't normal but he was FF gold for years.

I'm just saying it's a little too early to say Brandon Tate is now a stud. Or any NE WR for that matter, this year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5140

Patriots WR Brandon Tate is expected to see the biggest increase in value following Randy Moss' departure.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi believes that Tate will become the team's "deep threat" and "a major contributor." Tate has already flashed game changing ability in his brief NFL stint, and should be picked up in all formats. He'll be a starter and on the field in all two-receiver sets.

Source: Michael Lombardi on Twitter

I totally called it, when the Giants were out of the playoffs, "I hope we lose the rest of our games and get Eli Manning in the draft" and people here laughed at me. That's EXACTLY what happened. Collins had his shot at a Superbowl ... but he didn't want to "groom" Eli, whatever, and we brought in Warner. Looked like he was cooked, at the time. Everyone thought his career was over, but Warner had some more in the tank.

I'm not saying the Giants intentionally lost 6 straight games before that draft .... but they lost 6 straight games before that draft.

Because the Giants drafted Eli....you focking tool. As a Giants ######, I mean fan, I'm sure you remember the little bltch Eli being drafted by the Chargers and threatens to sitout the year? What a scumbag, a true low life POS. He's garbage and an embarrassment to the Manning name. Yes, he has a ring. No, he doesn't deserve it or the roster spot on a pro team. Then again, he's on the Giants. They suck. You douchebags can keep your main ###### in the douchefest of NY.

Because the Giants drafted Eli....you focking tool. As a Giants ######, I mean fan, I'm sure you remember the little bltch Eli being drafted by the Chargers and threatens to sitout the year? What a scumbag, a true low life POS. He's garbage and an embarrassment to the Manning name. Yes, he has a ring. No, he doesn't deserve it or the roster spot on a pro team. Then again, he's on the Giants. They suck. You douchebags can keep your main ###### in the douchefest of NY.

the second best thing to Eli winning us a title is the fact that people are still so angry about it. Eli did the right thing and led the NYG to the top Super Bowl win in NFL history.

Time for you to move on from the draft and trade though :banana:

the second best thing to Eli winning us a title is the fact that people are still so angry about it. Eli did the right thing and led the NYG to the top Super Bowl win in NFL history.

Time for you to move on from the draft and trade though :banana:

Eli? Or, Steve Spagnoulo and the defense? I must have been watching a different SB. :dunno:

Eli? Or, Steve Spagnoulo and the defense? I must have been watching a different SB. :dunno:

good point, the D was a little more dominant then Eli but both were forces that game

For someone with 'Phil Simms' in his user ID, it's a shame you defend a scumbag such as Eli. Simms was the man. I can't see how anyone can disagree with the fact that Eli is, in fact, a BlTCH.

For someone with 'Phil Simms' in his user ID, it's a shame you defend a scumbag such as Eli. Simms was the man. I can't see how anyone can disagree with the fact that Eli is, in fact, a BlTCH.

As an impartial observer here, you seem to have A WHOLE LOT of pent up anger for Eli... Charger fan? He lay some pipe on your girl? What gives?

$45 of a $100 auction budget on Tate. How much too much? When Tolbert goes for 41, Jacobs 87 and Fragile Fred 97, I figured a Brady starting WR (when I'm starting James Jones on bye weeks and McCluster is my WR3), was well worth it. WR3 pretty much locked up, hopefully, with Tate/Edelman.

Can't argue with passion... i just can't figure out why you wouldnt drop him from your team for Shaun Hill or Fitzpatrick. Seems like a conflict

As an impartial observer here, you seem to have A WHOLE LOT of pent up anger for Eli... Charger fan? He lay some pipe on your girl? What gives?

He has helped me start 0-3! LOL

I know he's garbage but would think he could atleast put up half respectable stats. I mean I don't expect a top tier QB, I know the skill simply isn't there, but come on he got me 3 points last week.

That being said, even before he was on my team he was still a bltch.

Can't argue with passion... i just can't figure out why you wouldnt drop him from your team for Shaun Hill or Fitzpatrick. Seems like a conflict

Upside I guess? Hill will play his last game of the year this week and fitzpatrick...is not much better than Eli?

He has helped me start 0-3! LOL

I know he's garbage but would think he could atleast put up half respectable stats. I mean I don't expect a top tier QB, I know the skill simply isn't there, but come on he got me 3 points last week.

That being said, even before he was on my team he was still a bltch.

I am a fan of Eli and all but no way in hell i draft him to be my starting QB in a 12 team league. Your blame is misplaced on the player when your drafting & team management is the issue