Sign in to follow this  
ackattack

Michael Bush -The new feature back in Oakland

I drafted him hoping his pre season wasnt a fluke....but with the McFadden's performances in the first few weeks of the season I assumed the job was his to loose.....I had not seen any news to the contrary then heard on Sirius Radios Fantasy sports show that Bush is the man and confirmed that it was reported on Roto World....anyone else think this is true or heard anything.

Coach Tom Cable confirmed Wednesday that Michael Bush will retain the Raiders' starting tailback job with Darren McFadden (hamstring) due back in Week 6 against San Francisco.

Cable expects McFadden to be active against the Niners, but only as Bush's backup "since McFadden's not 100 percent." The Raiders entered the season planning to rely on a true feature back, and have stuck to their guns to this point. Coming off an upset win over San Diego in which Bush generated 135 yards and a touchdown, it'd be illogical to upset the flow of the backfield. Expect 20-plus touches again for Bush in Week 6. He could formally pass McFadden on the depth chart with another big game and Raiders win.

Source: Vittorio Tafur on Twitter

Related: Darren McFadden

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

I drafted him hoping his pre season wasnt a fluke....but with the McFadden's performances in the first few weeks of the season I assumed the job was his to loose.....I had not seen any news to the contrary then heard on Sirius Radios Fantasy sports show that Bush is the man and confirmed that it was reported on Roto World....anyone else think this is true or heard anything.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

This only refers to week 6 and it says this is the situation because McFadden is not 100%.

Oakland clearly had Bush slated to be the primary back before the hand injury in preseason...I grabbed Bush off WW in hopes of this being the case. I really only need 1 good game of out him to put him out there as trade bait.

as a Bush owner i am hoping he goes off this week against the niners and grabs the job..... even if he was healty to start the season i think they will use both and i could see a pretty even split even though i am hoping for bush to get the majority

This only refers to week 6 and it says this is the situation because McFadden is not 100%.

Yep, which is exactly how Bush was used when he was being brought back off injury. I don't read a lot into this, either.

Well I guess its open to speculation...and it was speculated that

He could formally pass McFadden on the depth chart with another big game and Raiders win.

Maybe its just wishfull thinking..probably mine.

Oakland clearly had Bush slated to be the primary back before the hand injury in preseason...I grabbed Bush off WW in hopes of this being the case. I really only need 1 good game of out him to put him out there as trade bait.

Bush was on the WW? :blink: Good to see you play in a competitive league. :thumbsdown:

When you say "clearly," is this based on your own interpretation of the news or something more? The coaching staff repeatedly said that it was an open competition, which led many people, particularly in fantasyland, to speculate that Bush was the sure lead back because McFadden was a bust.

But I don't think Oakland ever had Bush slated to be the primary back - everyone outside of Oakland just concluded that would be the outcome.

Bush was on the WW? :blink: Good to see you play in a competitive league. :thumbsdown:

Maybe he plays in an 8 or 10 team league. Maybe it's a league with limited bench spots? I play in a very competitive 12 player league where Bush was dropped (only 4 bench spots).

The above statement is retarded, even by your standards.

When you say "clearly," is this based on your own interpretation of the news or something more? The coaching staff repeatedly said that it was an open competition, which led many people, particularly in fantasyland, to speculate that Bush was the sure lead back because McFadden was a bust.

But I don't think Oakland ever had Bush slated to be the primary back - everyone outside of Oakland just concluded that would be the outcome.

Bush was never anointed as the "Primary Back" but he was officially the "Starter" coming into the season. The subtle difference is that "primary back" would assume majority of the carries vs. "starer" which just means you're the first to take the field. It was Bush's injury that lost him his starter job. McFadden just happen to do well with his opportunity.

I'm personally a fan of Bush over McFadden (except maybe for PPR). When they're both healthy, I see them getting a pretty even split. McFadden will probably have more all purpose yards, but Bush will get more TDs. I honestly hope they alternate getting injured like they have so far this season. I'd rather have Bush for 6 games of non sharing duty than 12 games of RBBC.

Darren McFadden (hamstring) is setting his odds of playing this week at "50-50."

Despite practicing in a limited fashion Wednesday, he's yet to "fully push" the hamstring. Coach Tom Cable already plans to let Michael Bush carry the load with McFadden still less than 100 percent. It makes more sense to hold McFadden out in that case to allow the hamstring to heal. McFadden was easily the best player on the offense -- as well as its focal point -- prior to the injury. It's hard to envision him returning to anything less than the lead back role.

From Rotoworld

Nothing new, really. But I wonder why McFadden is assumed to regain the lead back role once he's healthy? Granted I haven't seen DMac play this year, and I'm a Bush owner....so maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part that Bush plays well enough to make this a committee. But there is this; hasn't Bush always put up huge numbers when given 15+ carries in his career? I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I do know that when given the majority of carries, he has always posted huge stats. Why wouldn't this be taken into consideration going forward?

Realistically, I'm jut hoping for a nice game this weekend, then some sembalnce of a split going forward. It sucks for FF purposes, but as my RB4 I just want to know he'll be involved in some fashion on a weekly basis. Dude's too talented to be receiving only 5-7 touches every game.

Bush was never anointed as the "Primary Back" but he was officially the "Starter" coming into the season. The subtle difference is that "primary back" would assume majority of the carries vs. "starer" which just means you're the first to take the field. It was Bush's injury that lost him his starter job. McFadden just happen to do well with his opportunity.

I'm personally a fan of Bush over McFadden (except maybe for PPR). When they're both healthy, I see them getting a pretty even split. McFadden will probably have more all purpose yards, but Bush will get more TDs. I honestly hope they alternate getting injured like they have so far this season. I'd rather have Bush for 6 games of non sharing duty than 12 games of RBBC.

I do think Bush was anointed primary back (defined as majority of carries) by fantasy folks, regardless of who was the nominal starter. I just don't think the Raiders themselves ever gave anyone any tangible reason to presume that.

What's perhaps more clear to me - Bush owners think Bush is the better back and believed the Raiders intended to feature him, while McFadden owners think that McFadden is more explosive and expect him to regain his top dog status when fully healthy.

My guess: when fully healthy, you'll see roughly 2/3 McFadden 1/3 Bush with Bush taking goal line carries and McFadden taking passing downs.

P.S. I own both, so I agree with you - I'd rather have one of them featured than any time share.

From Rotoworld

Nothing new, really. But I wonder why McFadden is assumed to regain the lead back role once he's healthy? Granted I haven't seen DMac play this year, and I'm a Bush owner....so maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part that Bush plays well enough to make this a committee. But there is this; hasn't Bush always put up huge numbers when given 15+ carries in his career? I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I do know that when given the majority of carries, he has always posted huge stats. Why wouldn't this be taken into consideration going forward?

Realistically, I'm jut hoping for a nice game this weekend, then some sembalnce of a split going forward. It sucks for FF purposes, but as my RB4 I just want to know he'll be involved in some fashion on a weekly basis. Dude's too talented to be receiving only 5-7 touches every game.

bush doesn't have enough history in the league to claim that he has ALWAYS put up huge numbers when given 15+ carries. This situation is up in the air, and FFers are taking their sides based on who they have on their roster. It's cool to discuss, but there is not an ounce of fact/history that says bush will be the main man, or the contrary, or even that it'll be a committee.

It's basically like any other discussion on this board really. Biased opinions being thrown around as if they were fact, and some little fluff blurb from roto or some other website being used as the basis for said bias opinion...

bush doesn't have enough history in the league to claim that he has ALWAYS put up huge numbers when given 15+ carries. This situation is up in the air, and FFers are taking their sides based on who they have on their roster. It's cool to discuss, but there is not an ounce of fact/history that says bush will be the main man, or the contrary, or even that it'll be a committee.

It's basically like any other discussion on this board really. Biased opinions being thrown around as if they were fact, and some little fluff blurb from roto or some other website being used as the basis for said bias opinion...

With 14+ attempts, here's Bush's stats:

CAR YDS TD

16 90 1

14 55

14 48

27 177 2

14 119

18 133 1

26 104 1

That's a 5.6 avg. Granted, it is a small sample size but it does show that Bush does produce when given the opportunity. These are verifiable facts. Another fact, I own Bush. Yet another fact....I said it was perhaps wishful thinking on my part to think Bush could carve out anything more than a part of a committee. To get a 50/50 split would be the best I could hope for.....and as my RB4, I'd be fine with that.

The truth is McFadden has played well enough to be a big part of the offense. No doubt. But when someone says expect him to resume lead back duties, thus relegating Bush to second fiddle and settling for scraps, I just don't get it.

CAR YDS TD

16 90 1

14 55

14 48

27 177 2

14 119

18 133 1

26 104 1

That's a 5.6 avg. Granted, it is a small sample size but it does show that Bush does produce when given the opportunity. These are verifiable facts. Another fact, I own Bush. Yet another fact....I said it was perhaps wishful thinking on my part to think Bush could carve out anything more than a part of a committee. To get a 50/50 split would be the best I could hope for.....and as my RB4, I'd be fine with that.

The truth is McFadden has played well enough to be a big part of the offense. No doubt. But when someone says expect him to resume lead back duties, thus relegating Bush to second fiddle and settling for scraps, I just don't get it.

You might want to look up McFadden stats when he gets significant touches and watch him play.

CAR YDS TD

16 90 1

14 55

14 48

27 177 2

14 119

18 133 1

26 104 1

yup, for a pure football perspective, in their best interest to make it a committee. WHo gets how many touches any given week will depend on the hot hand, pending neither is hurt. Anyone saying bush will be main, or DMac will be main is just wishful thinking...

You might want to look up McFadden stats when he gets significant touches and watch him play.

look up his stats and watch him play....uh were can I do that

So he should be the lead back and get the majority of touches? He's done no better than Bush.....and vice versa...he too has produced when given the chance....and reamined healthy. They're both ultra talented....I don't see how one could be called THE GUY over the other....and yet, the Raiders are going to have to do that. And it's gonna be McFadden....because of all the politics.....and Crypt Keepers involved.

All I'm saying is it's unfortunate that a dude with Bush's skills....and he is talented....has to settle for scraps from anyone. He should be a RB1 in the NFL.....but it ain't happening this year. As a Bush owner, all I can really hope for is some semblance of a split.....to give my guy value. I'm not sure this is how it will shake out.....it's just my hope that it does.

So he should be the lead back and get the majority of touches? He's done no better than Bush.....and vice versa...he too has produced when given the chance....and reamined healthy. They're both ultra talented....I don't see how one could be called THE GUY over the other....and yet, the Raiders are going to have to do that. And it's gonna be McFadden....because of all the politics.....and Crypt Keepers involved.

All I'm saying is it's unfortunate that a dude with Bush's skills....and he is talented....has to settle for scraps from anyone. He should be a RB1 in the NFL.....but it ain't happening this year. As a Bush owner, all I can really hope for is some semblance of a split.....to give my guy value. I'm not sure this is how it will shake out.....it's just my hope that it does.

If the Raiders could have a semblance of a passing game to complement their running game they could move the ball enough that both would be productive. Unfortunately the Raiders aren't putting up 500 yards and 4 touchdowns a game.

There was a lot of speculation that Bush's thumb injury would keep him out a prolonged period of time...

And I'm glad your :rolleyes:competitive league has enough roster spots to harbor injured RBs on your roster.

Although Oakland 'wanted' a feature back this year...

I think we are going to see a near 50-50 split with Bush getting most of the goal line work.

He could formally pass McFadden on the depth chart with another big game and Raiders win.

So he "could" pass Mcfadden, with a couple conditions. That's quite the rock solid prediction they're making here.

Welcome to the NFL. You could say the same thing about Jonathan Stewart, Bernard Scott, Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster last year, to name a few.

Someday these coaches will realize that there is a high correlation between big fantasy numbers and games won, despite much of the hostility toward fantasy football.

Someday these coaches will realize that there is a high correlation between big fantasy numbers and games won, despite much of the hostility toward fantasy football.

THis is an extremely vague statement. Big fantasy numbers from whom? RBS? QBS? WRS??? There have been many a team in recent memory that has been an offensive juggernaut and not won much in real football terms. I think you just made that up TBH. If anything, the fact that RBBC has become so common in the NFL leads me to believe there is a high correlation between winning and having 2 solid rbs that can keep fresh all season. And even that is a fairly vague statement, because you can have 2 solid rbs and no D and still lose games left and right. From a FF perspective, anyone that took Shonn Greene is highly disapponnted right now. From a pure football perspective I'm giddy like a schoolgirl that LT has come in and wrestled the share of touches that he has.

Games with > 15 carries

Attempts Yards TD

2008:

19 84 2

28 177 1

2009:

24 119 0

16 46 1

17 68 0

2010:

25 105 1

30 145 0

18 95 0

Total attempts: 177

Total yards: 839

yards per attempt: 4.74

attempts to get a td: 35.4

I think the realites are neither of these backs will be healthy throughout the season! Mcfadden is one of the more fragile backs, probably mostly to do with his running style! He will get his split carries, maybe a little more when healthy as he is more dynamic and does bring more than bush does. I would be suprised if he doesn't reinjure himself or develop another injury at some point this season. Bush is durable and can take a beating and will be there goalline back. I would expect Bush to put up solid #'s (8-15 pts a week), McFadden (5-25 pts a game) when healthy.

per NFL.com today

The Raiders are looking forward to having both backs healthy in the same game. That could create matchup problems when Oakland uses both on the field at the same time.

"We're going to play to their strengths," offensive coordinator Hue Jackson said. "The key in that situation is let them play. I think they both know and understand that whoever has the hot hand, they're going to get the ball. That's just the bottom line. There's no egos there, which is fun for me."

Michael Bush 20 carries 47 yards 2.4 yards per carry, 0 touchdowns.

This is McFadden's job when healthy.

Michael Bush 20 carries 47 yards 2.4 yards per carry, 0 touchdowns.

This is McFadden's job when healthy.

Thank god Bush had to play a game with Campbell as his QB. I knew he'd do nothing this week with that bum running the show.

Bring on DMC!

They've got to get Campbell on the bench ASAP. He's the biggest loser in the history of football.

Thank god Bush had to play a game with Campbell as his QB. I knew he'd do nothing this week with that bum running the show.

Bring on DMC!

They've got to get Campbell on the bench ASAP. He's the biggest loser in the history of football.

Well, maybe JaMarcus Russell

you guys are clowns. NFL coaches usually don't have the same kneejerk reactions that FFers do. This game doesn't automatically mean Bush gets to sit on the deep end of the bench soon as DMC comes back. They know what they have in Bush, and will use him accordingly. This game changes nothing. a$$clowns...