Sign in to follow this  
Headslap75

Vincent Jackson

Great News if you plan on making the playoffs:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Vincent Jackson will report to the Chargers by October 31.

Marcus McNeill's extension apparently got the ball rolling for V-Jax, though he'd be remiss to expect similar treatment. Because of his "Roster Exempt" status, Jackson will not be eligible to play until November 28 (Week 12). Still, it'll be a big late-season plus for the Bolts, who can move Legedu Naanee back into his natural third receiver role. Jackson, who's trained hard on his own in hopes of a trade, would likely be quick to make Malcom Floyd a No. 2 receiver. This, of course, is assuming that hard-headed Chargers GM A.J. Smith accepts Jackson's return with open arms. (He'd be insane not to). Grab Jackson immediately if he's on your waiver wire. Already the No. 1 fantasy quarterback, Philip Rivers' stock couldn't be looking stronger. If all goes as planned, Jackson will be available prior to the fantasy playoffs. Oct. 13 - 10:50 pm et

I got this from Rotoworld,

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=186026

Is he worth picking up fantasy football wise? He still has to serve the 3 game suspension after reporting on 10/31. I calculated the weeks if he reported on 10/31 and he would play week 12. It takes about 2 games for him to even get use to football "realtime" speed and conditioning.

little too late = according to your league's schedule. We play 13 games with a 3 week playoff period, some play 14 games with a 2 game playoff period.

And if one of your WRs happens to go down week 12, you now have someone to plug in IF YOU CAN AFFORD to carry him.

Figures. Just dropped him for Moeki as a fill in for Clark next week.

thats the kind of crap that always happens to me...like the bum was just waiting for you to cut him..I know the feeling

I just hope he doesn't screw everything up. I've got a nice thing going with Floyd and Gates here!

i picked him up off of waiver back in Week 2. a guy in our league drafted him in like the 3rd round cause he didn't know he was suspended. Hopefully he can help me out come playoff time since he's be taking up space on my roster.

i'm holding onto him. if you league schedule dictates he will be avail for last three weeks of reg season, seems like a good chance last game or 2 he's startable + playoffs.

hopefully San Diego can stay in wild card hunt so assuming he's in game shape/productive, they will have to start him.

Was drafted then dropped a few weeks ago in my 12 teamer.

I picked him up today off the WW - have Rivers so may be huge for my playoff run.

I'm really contemplating dropping Caddy for him and just seeing what happens. I have Floyd, though, so not sure that VJax is all that useful unless Floyd goes down, and even then I just don't know. Carrying Big Ben for 5 weeks seemed like there would be payoff, carrying VJax for the FF playoffs, not so much.

VJax has become an albatross for me. I recently picked him up, sensing that he was going to report. However, I didn't think he'd stay outside the lines until Week 13. I don't want to clog my roster, but I don't want to dump him so an opponent can pick him up. I don't think he'd bring some sugar plum in trade. I almost added Rice as well. I'd have a juggernaut for the playoffs, but I'd never make the playoffs.

He can't play til week 12.

He's a flaky malcontent.

The Chargers may not play him.

I could pick him up this minute...but I have no interest.

That's what I'm thinking. Just because he shows up, what motivation do the Chargers have to even play him? He's reporting for no other reason than if he doesn't, he's stuck in the same position next year as an RFA. The Charger passing game is doing just fine without him. Playing him serves no real value to them as an organization.

you guys are crazy to think the Chargers are just going to throw him on the field when he comes back.

Just because they have to allow him back on the team it doesn't mean they will play him.

you guys are crazy to think the Chargers are just going to throw him on the field when he comes back.

Just because they have to allow him back on the team it doesn't mean they will play him.

ESPN.com's Bill Williamson believes coach Norv Turner "will not hesitate" to mix Vincent Jackson into the offense as soon as he's eligible to play.

"As long as he is in uniform, expect him to play well and further make his case for a big contract in free agency," writes Williamson. Jackson's relationship with GM A.J. Smith is irreparably damaged, but there's too much money on the line for him to give less than full effort in the final six games.

ESPN.com's Bill Williamson believes coach Norv Turner "will not hesitate" to mix Vincent Jackson into the offense as soon as he's eligible to play.

"As long as he is in uniform, expect him to play well and further make his case for a big contract in free agency," writes Williamson. Jackson's relationship with GM A.J. Smith is irreparably damaged, but there's too much money on the line for him to give less than full effort in the final six games.

So because fat ass Bill Williamson believes this, it must be true! In other news Bill Williamson also believes a diet consisting of only Twinkies and Diet Dr-Pepper doesn't cause obesity. :rolleyes:

So because fat ass Bill Williamson believes this, it must be true! In other news Bill Williamson also believes a diet consisting of only Twinkies and Diet Dr-Pepper doesn't cause obesity. :rolleyes:

Just posted it because it was pertinent to the discussion.

Just posted it because it was pertinent to the discussion.

Fair enough... and I'm not trying to come off like a doosh (although I probably am). You just omitted the bold out of the most important word in the entire blurb. Someone who just read the part you bolded would tend to think Norv Turner actually said that.

I just don't think reports like this should be considered noteworthy.

new article up today on Razzball regarding his value for 2 reg season weeks (for most) + playoffs. they recommend picking him up.

Well if Razzball says so, that's an entirely different subject. Pick him up now everyone! :thumbsup:

Floyd is the same size as Jackson and has competently assumed the VJAX role. Why would they piss off Floyd to let the drunk-driving malcontent on the field?

So Mobb Deep i take it you didn't get him. perhaps you are a nervous Floyd owner? they should be in wild card hunt. coach wants to win, keep his job, make money. player wants to play well, make money. he will be in shape, and will be productive. the trade i didn't have to make.

So Mobb Deep i take it you didn't get him. perhaps you are a nervous Floyd owner? they should be in wild card hunt. coach wants to win, keep his job, make money. player wants to play well, make money. he will be in shape, and will be productive. the trade i didn't have to make.

VJAX won't be productive if SD doesn't need him. I can't really see VJAX and Floyd on the field at the same time.

VJAX was horrendous the first two years he was a starter, but SD stuck with him and he had two above average seasons, not great. For their patience, SD was rewarded with multiple off-field problems and a lengthy holdout.

I can't see Chargers management bending over backwards to help out this irresponsible a-hole.

FYI-- I don't have any SD wide receivers...been burned too many times.

VJAX won't be productive if SD doesn't need him. I can't really see VJAX and Floyd on the field at the same time.

VJAX was horrendous the first two years he was a starter, but SD stuck with him and he had two above average seasons, not great. For their patience, SD was rewarded with multiple off-field problems and a lengthy holdout.

I can't see Chargers management bending over backwards to help out this irresponsible a-hole.

FYI-- I don't have any SD wide receivers...been burned too many times.

Can't see VJAX and Floyd on the field at the same time? Because Legadu Nanee has been so spectacular they've got to keep rolling him out there.

I've been saying it for years: VJax isn't that good. He benefits tremedously from playing in a Norv Turner offense with Phil Rivers throwing him the ball and Antonio Gates taking pressure off of him. So I don't think the Chargers are going to feel like they just have to play Jackson because he is back on the team. Don't get me wrong, he'll be in the mix (especially in 3 or 4 WR sets), but I don't think he is going to go right back to putting up the numbers he did the last couple years.

I've been saying it for years: VJax isn't that good. He benefits tremedously from playing in a Norv Turner offense with Phil Rivers throwing him the ball and Antonio Gates taking pressure off of him. So I don't think the Chargers are going to feel like they just have to play Jackson because he is back on the team. Don't get me wrong, he'll be in the mix (especially in 3 or 4 WR sets), but I don't think he is going to go right back to putting up the numbers he did the last couple years.

Rivers and Gates will still be there to benefit him. Who cares how he gets it done if its getting done.

Rivers and Gates will still be there to benefit him. Who cares how he gets it done if its getting done.

Are you daft, man? My point is the Chargers don't need VJax--they are ranked first in passing yards per game without him! So why in the hell would they just put VJax back in the starting lineup when he has sat out for ten weeks? They don't need him, so why would they upset the balance of their offense (and maybe the locker room) by inserting a mediocre malcontent back into the starting lineup ten weeks into the season?

Are you daft, man? My point is the Chargers don't need VJax--they are ranked first in passing yards per game without him! So why in the hell would they just put VJax back in the starting lineup when he has sat out for ten weeks? They don't need him, so why would they upset the balance of their offense (and maybe the locker room) by inserting a mediocre malcontent back into the starting lineup ten weeks into the season?

Mediocre?

C'mon, let's all come back to earth.

Prediction #1: Either V Jax or S Rice will be on at least 4 of my 6 teams within two weeks.

Prediction #2: One of the two of them COULD supercharge my team during my play-off run and propel me to a league championship.

IMHO, V Jax WILL blend in with Gates and Floyd, and he CAN help the Chargers down the stretch (as well as help your fantasy team).

IMHO, S Rice, if healthy by week 12 or so, WILL blend in with Moss and Harvin, and he CAN help the Vikes down the stretch (as well as help your fantasy team).

In a league where parity rules this year, SD can go to the Super Bowl if they get VJax back in the mix. If you can afford to carry him for six weeks, pick him up.

they don't need him? so they are comfortably in first place, playoff spot locked up? i must of missed something. the NFL doesn't care about players with luggage, DUIs, prima donnas with attitude, or teaching lessons. so we're talkng about a guy in his prime, averaged 1100 yards, 8 TDs, 18 YPC last two years, and established himself as one of top deep threats in the league. just because they won't break the bank for him doesn't mean they won't let him help the team win.

is he even close to late/mid season shape? I don't think so. He's a deep route runner with no time under his belt since last when? OUCH MY GROIN. No thank you in a redraft league

Mediocre?

Mediocre.

Malcolm Floyd will have a better year than VJax ever did (assuming Floyd stays health), and I haven't heard ANYONE talk about what an outstanding talent Floyd is.

Face it man, you don't know ACTUAL talent, you just get wrapped up in fantasy numbers. So let me put it to you like this: through five games Malcolm Floyd has 22 catches for 498 yards and 3 tds. Average that out over 16 games and Floyd will end up with 70 catches for 1593 yards and 10 TDs.

Jackson's best year was '09, and he wasn't even close to those numbers.

End of discussion, no?

Mediocre.

Malcolm Floyd will have a better year than VJax ever did (assuming Floyd stays health), and I haven't heard ANYONE talk about what an outstanding talent Floyd is.

Face it man, you don't know ACTUAL talent, you just get wrapped up in fantasy numbers. So let me put it to you like this: through five games Malcolm Floyd has 22 catches for 498 yards and 3 tds. Average that out over 16 games and Floyd will end up with 70 catches for 1593 yards and 10 TDs.

Jackson's best year was '09, and he wasn't even close to those numbers.

End of discussion, no?

I really hope you're right and some of these other people are wrong.

No interest in VJAX. Never considered him an elite WR. He's a good one, but it's not like he'll be coming back firing off 7/140 3TDs. 3/35 0TDs is more like it. Rivers and VJAX's timing will be off. Not worth the roster spot. If he missed say 5 games, then sure.

Just my two pennies

Mediocre?

lol. Way to address 1 word from the entire post rather than the point the message itself makes. You think by stating VJ isn't mediocre that validates your point and invalidates what point he is actually making that you choose to ignore? Wrong. You fail.