Sign in to follow this  
fugoondo

Woodhead

all you have to do is look at this guys sig. Of course not in a 10 team non ppr

I added him 2 weeks ago in my 14 tm ppr where he quals as RB and WR

He never specified that only those in 12/14 team leagues could chime in.

Picked him up a few weeks ago in my dynasty league. Turned around and traded him for Willis (to back up Ray Rice on my roster). Seems to have worked cause as soon as the trade went through Rice finally had a game worthy of a first round pick.

Picked him up a few weeks ago in my dynasty league. Turned around and traded him for Willis (to back up Ray Rice on my roster). Seems to have worked cause as soon as the trade went through Rice finally had a game worthy of a first round pick.

to burn a fire under his arse.

to burn a fire under his arse.

Whatever it takes. You starting Woody?

Whatever it takes. You starting Woody?

Without knowsho it's between Woody and Tate :doh:

This from DWH's pre draft notes:

Woodhead did not receive an invite to the NFL Scouting Combine so he had to use his pro day to show his abilities. According to a report on NFLDraftWatch.net, he ran the 40-yard dash in a time of 4.33 to 4.38 seconds which would have been the second-fastest among all running backs at the NFL Combine in March 2008. He posted the best pro-agility time of 4.03 seconds, the second-best vertical jump (38½ inches) and the best 60-yard shuttle time (11.2 seconds)

He didn't get a sniff in the draft... As Rex Ryan said on hard knocks... All the kid does is make plays...

I've never heard of this guy, how intriguing! Is he worth a re-draft league stash at all? Hell, I picked up Tate as a total flyer when Moss got traded, but Woddy's scored one less point over 2 fewer games. Like I said, intriguing, tell me more.

I think we'll learn more after this game vs Baltimore how he's going to be used. Right now Id say equivalent to having Kevin Faulk on your roster. Which wasnt much....get u some points here and there but nothing to depend on.

But...if he's used more on 1st and 2nd downs, I think its more intriguing. Cause so far...all he has done is make plays when given the opportunity. He earns the respect of the coaches, players, and fans each time he runs on the field. Might be a little feel goody, so it gets us a little more excited than it should be. BUT...the facts are he's played in 2 games, and has scored in each in very limited time. Time will tell...but if your desperate, and have room.....why not?? I had room and added him...post BALTIMORE game will give us more to yammer about. Good, bad or ugly

College and high school stats included in wiki... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Woodhead

Thing is, unless we're expecting all of Moss' production/scores just to get divided up, it can't be Woody AND Tate AND Hernandez, can it? While still feeding BGE and Welker? It'll be interesting to see if he or Tate really gets the uptick here. I know they're filling different roles, but I'm guessing Hernandez to be a big beneficiary, so ...

Thing is, unless we're expecting all of Moss' production/scores just to get divided up, it can't be Woody AND Tate AND Hernandez, can it? While still feeding BGE and Welker? It'll be interesting to see if he or Tate really gets the uptick here. I know they're filling different roles, but I'm guessing Hernandez to be a big beneficiary, so ...

I think the only true Pats that can be counted on for fantasy starter worthiness are Brady, Welker, and Hernandez. In that order. Waits and sees are Tate, Woody, Branch

I just looked him up. He's 5'9, white, and has a stupid goatee. Looks like an IT guy, not a football player. Also he currently lives in New England. In fact he looks like... edjr. :unsure:

Kid has talent for sure, he will get Kevin Faulks reps, but he is smaller and quicker than Faulk.

I played him before the Bye week, got a TD and some yardage for me, which was more that some STUDS have given me.

This kid is a player, he will get a few shots a game to make plays I think, especially with Moss gone and the Pats going more ball control.

I have a feeling he'll be a Patriot for awhile, I'm thinking Rexxy is pissed about the Pats grabbing him.

You could do worse.

I just looked him up. He's 5'9, white, and has a stupid goatee. Looks like an IT guy, not a football player. Also he currently lives in New England. In fact he looks like... edjr. :unsure:

IT guy my ass, he weighs around 200lbs at 5'9" ( I think that height is generous).

Kid is pretty solid, although he does look kinda dorky in the yahoo pic.

He's a third down back. He could be a very good one, but he's still a third down back. So I think he is worth consideration in deep leagues, but otherwise you could do better.

IT guy my ass, he weighs around 200lbs at 5'9" ( I think that height is generous).

Kid is pretty solid, although he does look kinda dorky in the yahoo pic.

He might be, but he looks tiny when you see him out on the field. Let's see how he takes a Ray Lewis hit over the middle. :bandana:

Hilarious - just another Rudy-esque player that tthe NFL seems to be loving these days. One Wes Welker is quite enough. Hes annoying as it is. We dont need more TD-stealing, short & skinny white guys ruining fantasy football. Focking cheesey...

He looks like darth helmet.

mask on or off?

What you talking about Willis?

Hilarious - just another Rudy-esque player that tthe NFL seems to be loving these days. One Wes Welker is quite enough. Hes annoying as it is. We dont need more TD-stealing, short & skinny white guys ruining fantasy football. Focking cheesey...

what do you have against white guys?

He's 5'9" on a good day. On the field, he looks more like 5'7" tops. I agree with the "Rudy" comment. Is this what parity offers us? Reduce the number of teams already. The pool of talent in this league is too thin as it is. Danny freaking Woodhead getting substantial reps...what has the NFL come to.

He might be, but he looks tiny when you see him out on the field. Let's see how he takes a Ray Lewis hit over the middle. :bandana:

Think he's never been hit by a big ugly guy accused of uglieness before?

Get real, ya don't make it to the Big Time by hanging out and playing with Nuns.

He's 5'9" on a good day. On the field, he looks more like 5'7" tops. I agree with the "Rudy" comment. Is this what parity offers us? Reduce the number of teams already. The pool of talent in this league is too thin as it is. Danny freaking Woodhead getting substantial reps...what has the NFL come to.

Why the hate?

Have you ever seen the kid play?

There are plenty of small guys in the league dominating(NOT that he's gonna)....

CJ says HI- He's lighter than Danny even though he's 2-4 inches taller

Jahvid Best- same size

Reggie Bush- Taller, same weight

Jamaal Charles, Taller same weight

Jerome Harrison- same height 5 pounds heavier than Danny

I can go on and on about this, I'd bet at least 30% of the RBS in the league are within 10 pounds of him, and some of these guys are EXPLOSIVE guys, not bums.

Size means nothing, the school he came from means nothing,he DOMINATED the competition in his division, is he supposed to apologize because he played in a small school?

Some of the "Big Time" players we all covet came from small schools, that doesn't mean they are bums.

I don't think he'll ever become a big star(who knows given a real chance), but that doesn't mean he sux..

Some of you guys are brutal :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Think he's never been hit by a big ugly guy accused of uglieness before?

Get real, ya don't make it to the Big Time by hanging out and playing with Nuns.

Did Mendenhall play with nuns?

These are the best stories in Sports imho...they inspire kids from a more diverse list... kids with below average to average physical abilities..and that heart and determination make a huge difference

These are the best stories in Sports imho...they inspire kids from a more diverse list... kids with below average to average physical abilities..and that heart and determination make a huge difference

Save that after-school-special crap for college football. This is the pros. I want to see the best the world has to offer and Danny Woodhead ain't it.

Save that after-school-special crap for college football. This is the pros. I want to see the best the world has to offer and Danny Woodhead ain't it.

You might be changing your tune by the end of the year. I could EASILY see Woodhead coming up with some clutch plays late in the season and in the playoffs. Say what you want about the guy, but he makes plays.

Because YOU say so?

Is EVERY player supposed to be CJ or MJD?

How many guys are like that?

What does Woodhead have to do to meet your criteria of being a worthy Football player, Gain weight, become 30 shades darker, grow 3 inches in height, shave his stupidass goatee....what, tell him what so he can make guys like you at least respect the fact that even though he came from a small school he made it to the big show against the odds.

There are PLENTY of good players from Division 11 schools.

You sound bitter, what happened you didn't put a claim in early enough?

You sound bitter, what happened you didn't put a claim in early enough?

Nah, it's all good...this forum has just become so dull I often become a contrarian just to keep debate lively.

Nah, it's all good...this forum has just become so dull I often become a contrarian just to keep debate lively.

Understood.

Hows Woody doing?

16 touches for 115 yds? works for me. i agree with whoever said he's not small. woody didn't have any problems breaking arm tackles in today's game. sure, he's not going to truck patrick willis or anything but i think that could be said of most RBs. he's quick and he makes plays and as a pats fan that suits me just fine. he's definitely a big improvement over maroney...