Sign in to follow this  
GreatGray

Benching Megatron?

He's seeming pretty sketchy to me this week. Even if he plays, you gotta wonder if he'll have his usual upside. It reminds me of a couple weeks ago when Ray Rice was a GTD, supposedly starting (and then watched McGahee get 20+ points from the sideline). Last time I went ahead and started Rice despite my gut feeling....this week I'm leaning toward starting Johnny Knox over CJ due to the gimpy shoulder.

Anybody else planning to bench Megatron even if he plays? If so, who are you playing instead?

Im considering benching Calvin this week for Steve Smith (NYG). I also have Nicks starting though so its a tough decision. I figure if I start both Smith and Nicks I should be good for 200 and a TD.

He's seeming pretty sketchy to me this week. Even if he plays, you gotta wonder if he'll have his usual upside. It reminds me of a couple weeks ago when Ray Rice was a GTD, supposedly starting (and then watched McGahee get 20+ points from the sideline). Last time I went ahead and started Rice despite my gut feeling....this week I'm leaning toward starting Johnny Knox over CJ due to the gimpy shoulder.

Anybody else planning to bench Megatron even if he plays? If so, who are you playing instead?

My other option is Lance Moore. If Megatron starts, I'm going to have him out there. I'm not expecting much though.

Benching him. My wides are Mega, REWilliams, Maclin, Bess & Ocho on the bench. Not much in that department, but I'll roll with Maclin, Bess & REWilliams. I don't trust Mega as they have a bye next week and the first sign of danger he'll be gone. I just can't take a zero in that spot.

It's just really hard to bench him if he plays. I know that he can very well be used as a decoy, but he is such a beast. Either way, I recommend you guys play him because I'm going to bench him. That means he will surely blow up!!!!!!

I think I'm rolling with Lance Moore even if Megatron starts. Too much of a chance he's a decoy/Giants blow them out/he get's pulled.

AHH!!!

It's so tough to sit him b/c he's had the ability to have serviceable games/catch a TD even when banged up. And Moore was a total no show last week however does get a generous Tampa D.

I've decided to bench him in favor of Kenny Britt on MNF (I could have gone with Knox vs SEA, but watching the TEN D/ST and Britt on the other side of the ball gives me good reason to watch that game).

I just don't see a player with what looks to me like a separated shoulder doing well against the G-Men in New York...

Calvin Johnson (shoulder) is active for Sunday's game against the Giants, as expected.

While there is some concern that Johnson will be used as a decoy and to ensure that Jahvid Best doesn't see stacked boxes, his scoring potential is too high to pass up as a WR2 this week. Nate Burleson isn't a great WR3 play with Johnson in the lineup. Oct. 17 - 11:36 am et

^^ From Rotoworld

Ok what are you guys doing? Really tough to sit someone with 3 tds in the past 2 weeks...

I'm 5-0 and playing the worst team in my league. I can afford to bench him this week. I'm rolling with Steve Smith, Austin Collie, and Santana Moss.

Tim

It pains me, but I'm going to plug Santonio Holmes in there instead. I've got DJax in my starting lineup too. Between him and Megatron, I probably chose the wrong one to sit. <_<

I just can't make myself play a guy who couldn't use both arms to catch until Friday. I think this is a case of Johnson running down the field and getting no targets, but just a decoy. The risk of him going out in the first quarter after a routine tackle and getting me 0 pts is just to possible. I am able to play either Santana or Mike Wallace along side Marshall in his place, so a little easier decision than others I'm sure.

Not that this is a help thread but anyone want to advise me on L. Moore?

With Owens on a bye he's my best option. He could be good against Tampa but I thought the same @ Arizona and he was a total 1 catch no show last week.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (11:46 A.M.) – Calvin Johnson went through a full warm-up this morning, catching passes from and running routes for quarterback Shaun Hill, and will start for the Detroit Lions today against the New York Giants.

Read more: Lions' Calvin Johnson to start today vs. Giants | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20101017/SPORTS01/101017012/1318/Lions-Calvin-Johnson-to-start-today-vs.-Giants#ixzz12dIRqXwV

Here's my take on this...It would have been VERY easy for the Lions to have had Calvin inactive this week...with a bye next week, that would have given him almost three weeks to rest his shoulder...The fact that he is active is an indication to me that he is ready to roll, since I can't imagine that the Lions would risk long term injury to their best offensive threat if he wasn't...I am benching Keller, Zach Miller and Bess for him today...

Simple rule I work from...If Calvin plays, Calvin plays <in my lineup>.

I'm benching Calvin at Flex for Ronnie Brown. My other choices on the bench was Roy Williams or Driver

Same here. Ronnie over Calvin

Caught a ball then went to the sidelines...... uh oh.

Nothing serious but seems like he's not gonna take any hits today.

Caught a ball then went to the sidelines...... uh oh.

Nothing serious but seems like he's not gonna take any hits today.

You are prob watching the game but for everyone else at least he's still out there.

Just had another 20 yd reception for a first down.

I'm still waiting for the highlight, buit it looks like he's at over 140 yds weith a TD all of the sudden?

THANK YOU FANTASY GODS THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED!

I've decided to bench him in favor of Kenny Britt on MNF (I could have gone with Knox vs SEA, but watching the TEN D/ST and Britt on the other side of the ball gives me good reason to watch that game).

I just don't see a player with what looks to me like a separated shoulder doing well against the G-Men in New York...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Hey guys, I dunno if you've ever heard of this rule, but "Never Bench Your Studs!"

No one to blame but yourselves. Calvin has been solid this year.

What's funny is that if you read my replies you can see me debating with myself, over whether to start L. Moore or Calvin.

In the end I started Calvin, bugged that I had a fail with L. Moore and then rejoiced as Calvin catapulted me to victory!!

Based on the information available and the possibility of CJ injuring the shoulder again I dont see how sitting him was a bad choice if you had a decent replacement. I'm guessing most of the people who started him had no choice. That could be a good or bad thing sometimes.