Sign in to follow this  
Bill E.

Contest: How many seats will the R's pickup in the midterm?

Bless Bill for holding these contests. One of these years, I'm going to win a tooth. Focking Peyton Manning INT/TD :mad:

Bless Bill for holding these contests. One of these years, I'm going to win a tooth. Focking Peyton Manning INT/TD :mad:

I actually remember that. Good luck. At least Manning can't torpedo you this time.

Last chance. I am closing it after the Colts/Texans game tonight.

House +61

Senate +7

;)

Who won ?

Not sure yet. I have been gone all day. Are the final numbers in yet? I know Alaska will take weeks so we may have to assume the I will get it. Does anyone know the final count yet? Are there any Al Franken races where there will be recounts?

From what I am seeing now there are still 10 undecided seats (9 House 1 Senate). So far the R's are +67 (61H 6S). That means these are the people still in it:

Broweyed 61 7 68

jeffgarcia 63 5 68

reality 62 8 70

gocolts 65 6 71

gettinhuge 67 8 75

If I missed something let me know. I will update as I know more.

I think it's down to gocolts. results are looking like 65-6.

When I revised my pick I was hoping for 70 and either angle or buck winning. :thumbsdown: Wasn't about to be a fink and

take 66-6 or 65-7 and basically bid $1 more than gocolts despite wanting to pretty badly. ;)

I think it's down to gocolts. results are looking like 65-6.

When I revised my pick I was hoping for 70 and either angle or buck winning. :thumbsdown: Wasn't about to be a fink and

take 66-6 or 65-7 and basically bid $1 more than gocolts despite wanting to pretty badly. ;)

I appreciate it. Do you have a link for that number? I guess if that number is correct gocolts and reality would win since I said I would give out two. If it makes you feel any better we all won on Tuesday :cheers:

I appreciate it. Do you have a link for that number? I guess if that number is correct gocolts and reality would win since I said I would give out two. If it makes you feel any better we all won on Tuesday :cheers:

:prayingforteeth:

No link, I was just going by who is leading in these still to-close-to-call races. We prolly won't know until next week for those house seats. at least those recounts are only a few k votes.

There's a contest in cali which is 100 votes apart. Wash state still has hunnerts of thousands of ballots to count. I hate to say it to gocolts but if it's not 65-6, it'll more likely be 64-6

and he went over. :o

No link, I was just going by who is leading in these still to-close-to-call races. We prolly won't know until next week for those house seats. at least those recounts are only a few k votes.

There's a contest in cali which is 100 votes apart. Wash state still has hunnerts of thousands of ballots to count. I hate to say it to gocolts but if it's not 65-6, it'll more likely be 64-6

:cry: :cry: So close. That was one of the most exciting moments of my life in years, even though it only lasted a few minutes.

He can go over and still win. The "without going over" was for the tiebreaker. If people guessed 69, 70 and 71 and it came up 70, the person guessing 70 would get one and then of the two that were one off 69 beats 71 because they did not go over.

If people guessed 68, 69 and 71 and it is 70, then 69 and 71 wins because they were closer.

If it is under 70 BEG and Garcia win.

If it is 70-72 Reality and Colts win.

If it is over 72 Colts and Huge win.

He can go over and still win. The "without going over" was for the tiebreaker. If people guessed 69, 70 and 71 and it came up 70, the person guessing 70 would get one and then of the two that were one off 69 beats 71 because they did not go over.

If people guessed 68, 69 and 71 and it is 70, then 69 and 71 wins because they were closer.

So I still have a shot. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Nine House Democrats still waiting for election results in nail-biter contests

By Emily Goodin - 11/04/10 10:38 AM ET Nine incumbent House Democrats are still waiting to learn whether they won or lost.

In all of those races, fewer than 1,000 votes separate the candidates. In some of them, Republicans have declared victory, though none of the Democrats have conceded.

Here's the rundown of where they stand:

In Arizona, two-term Rep. Gabrielle Giffords holds a slight lead over Republican Jesse Kelly. Pima County, home to Tucson, had about 34,500 early ballots and 13,000 provisional ballots to be counted as of Wednesday afternoon, according to the Arizona secretary of state's office. State law gives officials until Nov. 12 to count the remaining ballots.

In California, Rep. Jerry McNerney held a 121-vote lead over Republican David Harmer as of Wednesday morning, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. But thousands of mail-in and provisional ballots have yet to be counted and a final result isn't likely before week's end.

And Rep. Jim Costa (Calif.) is slightly trailing Republican Andy Vidak with more than 100,000 absentee and provisional ballots outstanding.

In Illinois, Rep. Melissa Bean's GOP challenger has declared victory, but the three-term congresswoman is not conceding. Republican Joe Walsh leads by fewer than 600 votes with some absentee ballots yet to be counted.

In Kentucky, Rep. Ben Chandler has declared victory even though the result has not been certified and his Republican challenger, Andy Barr, hasn't conceded. With 15 of 16 counties in the district reporting, Chandler leads by 644 votes, according to the Kentucky Board of Elections' website.

In New York, freshman Rep. Dan Maffei has lost his lead over Republican Ann Marie Buerkle. After Wayne County, which includes the Rochester suburbs, reported its results Wednesday afternoon, Buerkle took a 659-vote lead, according to the Syracuse Post-Standard.

Before Wayne County reported its results, Maffei had a 5,600-vote lead. County election officials blamed a new voting system for the delay in results. With the race so close, the absentee ballots will likely decide the outcome. Those ballots will be counted over the next three weeks.

In Texas, Rep. Solomon Ortiz isn't conceding, although Republican Blake Farenthold has declared victory. Fewer than 1,000 votes separate the two. Ortiz's campaign hasn't said whether it will request a recount, but did say: "There are a number of discrepancies that a legal team will be looking at" in the ballots.

In Virginia, Rep. Gerry Connolly (D) holds a slim lead over Republican Keith Fimian, whom Connolly defeated in 2008. Connolly leads by fewer than 1,000 votes and Fimian can request a recount if less than 1 percent separates the two when all the absentee ballots are counted.

In Washington, Rep. Rick Larsen has taken the lead over Republican John Koster. Koster was ahead at the end of Tuesday, but, as of Wednesday evening, Larsen led by 507 votes, according to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. More results were expected from Snohomish County, the biggest county in the district, later Thursday.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races/127689-nine-house-democrats-still-waiting-for-election-results?page=3#comments

Thanks, so it could be a little while.

Nine House Democrats still waiting for election results in nail-biter contests

By Emily Goodin - 11/04/10 10:38 AM ET Nine incumbent House Democrats are still waiting to learn whether they won or lost....

:headbanger: TOOFS for the top 5!!!!! :headbanger:

:cry: :cry: So close. That was one of the most exciting moments of my life in years, even though it only lasted a few minutes.

you gave steamypoop your black cherry? That dude was desperate

looks like it's 61, 6 with 7 house races left to go, R leads in 4, but absentees and recounts could flip a couple.

It's down to 5 races, 3 have Repubs with small leads going into recounts. If they win all 3 it would be 64-6

Too bad there is a dividing line at 70 because it looks like 69 or 70 is the number

It's down to 5 races, 3 have Repubs with small leads going into recounts. If they win all 3 it would be 64-6

Too bad there is a dividing line at 70 because it looks like 69 or 70 is the number

Thanks for keeping this updated. I did not think this through when I did this. I forgot that it would take a year to figure out who won.

Now at 62+6 with 4 undecided. Repubs leading in 2, Dem leading in 1, and 1 too close.

At least now if that 1 seat goes red, you should be able to just go with 65-6, if that seat goes blue, 64-6.

Now at 62+6 with 4 undecided. Repubs leading in 2, Dem leading in 1, and 1 too close.

At least now if that 1 seat goes red, you should be able to just go with 65-6, if that seat goes blue, 64-6.

That would mean I would get an AWESOME fossil Megalodon shark tooth set. :banana: :banana: :banana:

That would mean I would get an AWESOME fossil Megalodon shark tooth set. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Yea, if the R's hold the two they are ahead in you would win. Good luck.

Yea, if the R's hold the two they are ahead in you would win. Good luck.

Thanks man. You rock!!! :cheers:

That would make a really cool Christmas present for your son :thumbsup:

Your clubbing attire will finally be complete.

That would make a really cool Christmas present for your son :thumbsup:

He would love it!!! I have shown him some of the pics from Bill's site. He is hoping I can win.