Sign in to follow this  
walleyeshark

Collie rumor on twitter - out 2-4wks

If it's just a rumor, why bother posting? If u can't provide a link, don't post crap like this.

C'mon fella's, is the only FF site you go to??? I "troll" these boards all darn day so if I post something, which is not often, it's been reported/posted somewhere that has credibility so take it for what it's worth...just trying to up-date some of you incase there's a trade about to happen!!!!!!

FWIW: Emailer who passed along Dallas Clark's torn wrist ligaments also claimed Austin Collie out 2-6 weeks, Addai out for "awhile"

about 1 hour ago via Seesmic Desktop

i don't even know if the collie and addai ones are true, but i'd definitely pick up donald brown if he's available.

http://twitter.com/evansilva/

:o

I wait on this info to see what's true and what's not. The Dallas Clark info seems legit, but not sure on Collie and Addai.

Blair White might be worth a flier though. Like him much better than Gonzo... If Clark is out, we'll see a lot more 3 and 4 WR sets from INDY

OK...this is why I don't post but I copied the link from another board and I know it's the same person who "broke" the Clark news, which turns out to be possibly true, so it sure seems to me that this info is pertinent enough to, at the very least, pass along...as it seems the person with the Clark rumor seems to be correct!!! I apologize for the link not working, which is why I didn't try to give one in the first place ( trust me, I know how important links are to everyone on these boards) and I also apologize for going off but if a post says that a rumor is out there so take it for what it's worth, then, take it for what it's worth!!! I have not been able to find anything at all that would corroborate this but I'm sure it won't be long before it's either proven to be relevant or just BS......as a Collie owner in 3 leagues, I obviously hope for the latter, especially if the Clark news becomes a complete reality!!!!

Where is this Addai info coming from?

Here's what I found on rotoworld:

Joseph Addai (shoulder), currently on a bye, says he anticipates being "back soon" after dinging his shoulder in Weeks 5 and 6.

Addai revealed that the shoulder has become a recurring problem, and that he sometimes "has to sit" when it flares up or he takes a hit in the wrong place. The contract-year running back is averaging 4.4 yards per carry -- the best mark since his rookie season. Addai should be fine for Week 8.

If it's just a rumor, why bother posting? If u can't provide a link, don't post crap like this.

I meant what I said. Go have another Red Bull.

I dont know if Addai rumors are true but sure as hell did not look good other night and when you leave 2 games in a row because of head and neck it cant be good :overhead: I already had Brown in 2 leagues and i went and got him in 2 others just in case. If Brown is healthy, which is a big if, he will be the starter and will be good play :lock:

OK, Tacks...you're just like most who post on these boards, you have a serious case of "keyboard courage"...just go on thinking you rule and we all will follow......

I don't have any links but I read it on another board and people are freakin'!!! Just a rumor to this point....

if you have 22 posts since 2002, I'm going to take a chance that you aren't fishing. Clark out, Collie out, Gonzalez still out, who is left? What was that white boys name that caught his first td pass a couple weeks ago? Indy will still line up in a 3 man wr set. who is the 3rd guy?

Indy needs to go get themselves a workhorse RB, Addai is the suck.

This is just a meaningless, senseless, non-informed statement.

Addai is one of the most under-appreciated players in the entire league. Fantasy owners think he 'sucks' because he has a low ypc. Even strictly fantasy wise, he always scores a lot of TD's and catches 40+ passes for 1,100 total yards...Not bad for a 4th-6th rounder.

But as an actual football player (yes - imagine that he actually plays REAL football) - he's running behind one of the WORST run-blocking offensive lines in the NFL. He's played extremely hurt, and is averaging 4.4 ypc. He's on pace for 1,100 yards, 48/300 receiving, and 8 TD's.

And he's quite possibly the best blocking RB in the league. There's a reason Donald Brown hasn't replaced Addai yet - even when healthy...The Colts ask their RB's to pick up blitzes/pass rushers on nearly every pass play. And there's no1 better than Addai. Notice in the KC game - the offense was actually moving the ball quite nicely thru 2.5 quarters...Then Addai gets hurt & Manning goes like 1-6 with an INT on the next 3 possessions while he was constantly pressured.

Sorry for the rant, but next time you bash on a player, make sure you actually know what you're talking about. :wave:

Sorry about all the BS...I just wanted to help out with some potentially important news and it upset me when I was told what I should or should not post. I've been scouring the web and NOTHING further to report but the going consensus is that Silva broke the Clark (and maybe Addai?) injury situation, so maybe he's onto something with this "Collie Thing"?!? It seems that it wasn't long after Silva broke the Clark injury, it was verified (I use that term loosely) by Sheftie, I believe...so where's any kind of "verification" on Collie?!? I will be keeping a very close eye on this, obviously, but I am leaning towards this whole thing as one big error in reporting or something to that affect!!!! Again, my apologies to all for my childish behavior...will not happen again! Here's hoping that this is just what it appears to be...a rumor!! I really could use Collie, especially if Clark is out for any length of time.....

Shark

Sorry about all the BS...I just wanted to help out with some potentially important news and it upset me when I was told what I should or should not post. I've been scouring the web and NOTHING further to report but the going consensus is that Silva broke the Clark (and maybe Addai?) injury situation, so maybe he's onto something with this "Collie Thing"?!? It seems that it wasn't long after Silva broke the Clark injury, it was verified (I use that term loosely) by Sheftie, I believe...so where's any kind of "verification" on Collie?!? I will be keeping a very close eye on this, obviously, but I am leaning towards this whole thing as one big error in reporting or something to that affect!!!! Again, my apologies to all for my childish behavior...will not happen again! Here's hoping that this is just what it appears to be...a rumor!! I really could use Collie, especially if Clark is out for any length of time.....

Shark

I did see something about this last night on a Google News feed. It wasn't a website that I had been to before. It did however say that Silva did report it after the Addai/Clark news. I searched for it again and it was taken down so maybe that means it was false info. The site also referred to Donald Brown as Donald Butler so I wouldn't read much into it.

Cool it with the name-calling folks. :nono:

:reported:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=187049

Caldwell plans to address within next 24 hours

Austin Collie-WR- Colts Oct. 21 - 1:49 pm et

Coach Jim Caldwell confirmed Thursday that Austin Collie is being evaluated for an undisclosed injury this week.

Rotoworld's Evan Silva broke the news on Twitter Wednesday that Collie may be out 2-6 weeks with the injury, but he couldn't get confirmation. Caldwell has not set a timetable for Collie, and he expects to address the situation publicly "within the next 24 hours or so." Anthony Gonzalez (ankle), aiming for a Week 8 return, is the prime candidate to take over as the No. 3 receiver if Collie misses game action.

Linky

Shoot, I really was hoping this was all a bunch of BS but maybe it's nothing too serious and with their bye he won't be out for any extended amount of time....

Shoot, I really was hoping this was all a bunch of BS but maybe it's nothing too serious and with their bye he won't be out for any extended amount of time....

maybe walleyeshark IS Austin Collie :ninja:

Schefter just tweeted that Collie had hand surgery and will be out a few weeks.

Filed to ESPN: Colts wide receiver Austin Collie underwent hand surgery this week that is expected to sideline him a few weeks.