Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

How much would have to get paid to sit in prison for 10 years?

Sat 22 years in prison to create a $18.5 million windfall. Sneaky little bugger was he. Had it planned all along.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/10/21/new.york.exoneration.judgment/index.html?hpt=C1

Couple things:

1.) How much money would it take for you to sit in max. security prison for the next 10 years?

2.) I found this part interesting: "New York City's Law Department said it was "disappointed" in the Manhattan verdict and plans an appeal."

Disappointed? In what? The fact that they put an innocent man in prison? Or that there is no longer blame "pinned" on someone? I find it funny how the general public...in situations of rape, murder,etc...basically feels "better" as long as "someone" is sent to prison. Same with city officials, police and attorneys. They only want to put someone in jail....doesn't matter if truly guilty or innocent, just as long as they can appease the public and family of the victims.

10 years now?

20 million. I'd be out at 30 with 20 million dollars. All I'm going to be able to do is work and try to build my way up for the next ten years anyway.

But later on in life, the amount would be much higher. Especially if I already had a wife and kids and such.

Max security? I can't even imagine how much money. Definitely more than 20 million. I'm thinking half a bil or so. If i was a white guy, sure. I'd get pretty yolked, get a few nazi tats, and fit right in with the aryan brotherhood. But as a brown man, i'd have no posse on broadway.

I'd do it for $1000 per day, after taxes, IF the money is guaranteed for the full 10yrs.

3,652,000, assuming only two leap year days.

If the prosecution did something illegal or unethical, then I could understand compensating him. But compensation without negligence? A jury convicted him based on the evidence.

If it was a wrongful conviction, well.... sorry. But if the State did nothing wrong, why are they paying him? :dunno:

If the prosecution did something illegal or unethical, then I could understand compensating him. But compensation without negligence? A jury convicted him based on the evidence.

If it was a wrongful conviction, well.... sorry. But if the State did nothing wrong, why are they paying him? :dunno:

maybe this

Newton started petitioning New York courts in 1994 to test the evidence for his DNA, but it took about 11 years and four formal filings and requests before authorities were able to "find" the rape kit.

or this

The Innocent Project took on Newton's case. Its website says Newton had an alibi and the actual perpetrator has not been apprehended.

18 mil aint enough to be honest I would be asking for like 50 mil or 100 mil. they took 22 focking years of his life away because they were too lazy to convict a the right black man and just grabbed any old black man even though he apparently had a ###### alabi. Thats bad. The fact that it took 11 focking years and 4 filings to get a simple dna testing that would have either cleared him or stopped all appeals is ABSURD and reeks of a coverup.

maybe this

Newton started petitioning New York courts in 1994 to test the evidence for his DNA, but it took about 11 years and four formal filings and requests before authorities were able to "find" the rape kit.

or this

The Innocent Project took on Newton's case. Its website says Newton had an alibi and the actual perpetrator has not been apprehended.

18 mil aint enough to be honest I would be asking for like 50 mil or 100 mil. they took 22 focking years of his life away because they were too lazy to convict a the right black man and just grabbed any old black man even though he apparently had a ###### alabi. Thats bad. The fact that it took 11 focking years and 4 filings to get a simple dna testing that would have either cleared him or stopped all appeals is ABSURD and reeks of a coverup.

You'd be surprised by how common this is. There have been cases involving life terms where judges would not even allow DNA testing. I know courts have to stick to procedures to ensure a level playing field for everyone. Judges know the laws and are better equipped to apply them. Like all we hear is "mcdonalds sued for having hot coffee" but if you read the actual decision, it makes sense why that lady had one.

With all that said, i can't comprehend why dna testing isn't automatically allowed in cases where DNA evidence exists, but dna testing wasn't used. How much taxpayer money was wasted on just one guy? 11 years in prison, court proceedings, and the judgement. 30 million? More?

Dna testing should be run of the mill. How much would ONE simple $30 test save the man and the public? Not to mention the cops would be still looking for the right man.

Here is what I find problematic......when the "state" has DNA evidence they use it to convict a person.....but in these instances where it clears a person they appeal or in this instance

"New York City's Law Department said it was "disappointed" in the Manhattan verdict and plans an appeal."

"Disappointed" by what, their organizational mistake that prosecuted an innocent man? The jury who convicted an innocent man? The inherent flaws in our legal system? Or that your organizational incompetence is on display for all to see?

Your are going to appeal? Really? Really??? :thumbsdown:

I can see none of you motherfockers have ever been in a real Fed Penn... or even a focking State Penn for that matter. I was a guard at a County lockup for a year and it was like going to focking jail every day. Now doing what I do I go and talk to guys in the penn... fed and state...

No focking money in the world. I'd never ever ever ever ever ever ever focking do that. Ever...

Fock that... I'd live on welfare and motherfockin food stamps on the outside for 10 years before I'd ever take a focking penny to be inside.

Fock that... :thumbsdown:

I can see none of you motherfockers have ever been in a real Fed Penn... or even a focking State Penn for that matter. I was a guard at a County lockup for a year and it was like going to focking jail every day. Now doing what I do I go and talk to guys in the penn... fed and state...

No focking money in the world. I'd never ever ever ever ever ever ever focking do that. Ever...

Fock that... I'd live on welfare and motherfockin food stamps on the outside for 10 years before I'd ever take a focking penny to be inside.

Fock that... :thumbsdown:

:first: :first: :first:

maybe this

or this

I can guarantee that he was guilty of something. :bandana:

I'd become the Count of Monte Crisco

Um...because that'd be the lube you'd use in prison? :dunno:

:lol:

:banana:

Um...because that'd be the lube you'd use in prison? :dunno:

:lol:

:banana:

Took long enough for that response.

27.3 millions. I did the calculations one day, and i figured out that 27.3 million is all a man would need. Funny thing is i am not joking.