Sign in to follow this  
cortezthekiller303

All aboard the Tamme train?

Jacob Tamme gets the start at TE for the Colts with Clark on the IR. Of course, open roster spots are scarce at this point in the season, I would just hate to take a pass on this guy and have him to turn out to be a productive 5/70/1 guy- or something like that- from here on out.

He had a nice preseason catching the ball for whats its worth, and I think he gets looks especially with the Colts run game in flux.

Anyone sacking up and adding this guy?

I added him and am thinking of starting him in a league that gives 1 1/2 PPR to TEs vs 1 PPR for WR and RB. I'm guessing 4 - 50 this week and a likely red-zone target so i think there are worse options to chose from.

im aboard...wish i woulda had him instead of daniels on monday night when i needed 10 points...bah

if u cant beat em, pick em up!

Starting him over Keller currently.

With Collie practicing and possibly playing, I might switch back.

I'm not sure Collie coming back scares me off Tamme. Did you see how many times Manning thew the ball, even in obvious running situations? I just think there's enough there to make Tamme very viable in PPR, even with the full compliment of targets in Indy. I don't need him to score Clark numbers, I just need steady TE1 numbers the rest of the way, and 4 for 60 every week would fit that bill.

I'm not sure Collie coming back scares me off Tamme. Did you see how many times Manning thew the ball, even in obvious running situations? I just think there's enough there to make Tamme very viable in PPR, even with the full compliment of targets in Indy. I don't need him to score Clark numbers, I just need steady TE1 numbers the rest of the way, and 4 for 60 every week would fit that bill.

I'm so confident in this guy I have Vernon on the block right now. :pointstosky:

People all over the world. Join Hands. It's call the Tamme Train, Tamme Train! :headbanger:

Man, he put up fantastic numbers tonight AND that's with a couple key drops that would have put him above 100 yds. :thumbsup:

I benched Gonzo today thinking I'd be pretty safe with Tamme, that he'd get me the same 5-50 that I expected from Gonzo. I didn't get to see any of the games today, but I was tracking on my phone. Saw that Gonzo had 15 points and was a little worried I'd made the wrong decision :) Apparently not! His 27 was nice considering that Roddy and Boldin didn't do it for me.

I am absolutely convinced the Colts could line up a table lamp in the slot and Manning would hit it for no less than 6 receptions and 70 yds.

Tamme gonna be a good pointman the rest of the season. People who own Reggie Wayne know hes turning the corner fast for the WR old folks home. Waynes a decoy now scores 7 to 8 points a game on all short passes not much of a factor going long or touchdowns anymore. Tamme will outpreform most tight ends the rest of the season.

man i picked this guy up last weekend in the 1st 1/4 of the game...thank you baby jesus. the only question is what do i do with vdavis now?(given i do have manning as my qb but for some reason i no scurred)

Ah, saving the #1 waiver in 2 leagues after owning him in another 2 makes me pop the bubbly.

Ride the TRAIN to the GOLDEN PROMISE LAND boys. :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

TE will win the title this year. Anyone but the Gates owner will sweating us HARD once we run the 100 yard bonuses on them. BEASTING.

man i picked this guy up last weekend in the 1st 1/4 of the game...thank you baby jesus. the only question is what do i do with vdavis now?(given i do have manning as my qb but for some reason i no scurred)

FWIW, I am trading Vernon at maximum value right now.

Now I have to decide between Tamme and Vernon Davis each week. Davis is an elite TE, but with Troy Smith at QB :wall: .

I have to admit, when I started this thread, I thought Tamme was pronouced like "tame", not pronounced like "Tammy."

"Ride the Tammy train" doesnt sound nearly as cool as riding the "Tame Train."

Regardless, he got me 26.5 in two of my leagues yesterday :banana: :cheers:

I wish i had listened to you Colts guys and even one of my buddies said pick him up :wall: I lost Finley in 2 leagues and havent been able to replace him in one league. I did get Tamme in one of them but could have had him in both but didnt listen in time.

Dallas Clark who??????? :unsure:

I have to admit, when I started this thread, I thought Tamme was pronouced like "tame", not pronounced like "Tammy."

"Ride the Tammy train" doesnt sound nearly as cool as riding the "Tame Train."

Regardless, he got me 26.5 in two of my leagues yesterday :banana: :cheers:

If you had known how it was pronounced, you would've called it the Tamme Show, referencing the 60's rock special "The TAMI Show." Seen here:

Because my reaction to Tamme's performance after losing Finley and saving my season was very similar to the kids in this video. Off the hook is right.