Sign in to follow this  
salparadise

Randy Moss Waived, Possible Destinations

Do I think they will really do it?

No, I don't.

I don't see Randy being happy to deal with Fisher.

However...they have not struggled to get Britt the ball. They do target him (even with Vince) and he has made big plays (even with Vince).

And VY has not been scrambling all that much this year either.

Tennesee would be ideal as Moss would make holes for CJIII as well as replace Britt who is basically finished.

Chicago. Although if might not help if the oline can't protect Cutler long enough for Moss to get down field.

Would love him here ... I just can't see how he makes it past the skins now after what Shanny stated about how he would love to have him.

To be honest unless you were making a title run and a serious contender - why would you spend all that money for 8 games when he is unrestricted after that.

The only smart move would be to let him clear waivers and only be liable for 450K - if that happens it's all but a gaurentee he goes to New England again. Thing is even if he made it to NE they wouldn't put in a bid and would just hope KC passed which they would be foolish to do. This why I make NE such a long shot becasue even if it got to NE they would pass and KC would be idiots not to take him - to A. boost the passing game and B. Block NE

Tennesee would be ideal as Moss would make holes for CJIII as well as replace Britt who is basically finished.

This is just a guess but im gonna say part of his problem in Minnesota may have been he realized quickly they were only going to use him as a decoy. He played his a$$ off the first game vs the Jets but after that he barely went through the motions. Dont think it would be a good idea to bring him in and use him as a decoy again :nono:

Does anyone know if during the waiver process Moss's agent can contact teams and say dont bother claiming him? Or if teams contact the agent?? :wave:

Does anyone know if during the waiver process Moss's agent can contact teams and say dont bother claiming him? Or if teams contact the agent?? :wave:

ARTICLE XXII

Waiver System

Section 2. Contact: Coaches or any other persons connected with another NFL Club are prohibited from contacting any player placed on waivers until such time as the player is released by the waiving Club.

This is just a guess but im gonna say part of his problem in Minnesota may have been he realized quickly they were only going to use him as a decoy. He played his a$$ off the first game vs the Jets but after that he barely went through the motions. Dont think it would be a good idea to bring him in and use him as a decoy again :nono:

How is bringing him in to replace Britt making him a decoy?

What's to stop it? Moss' agent can talk to whomever he wants I imagine.

A complete and total wild card that hasn't been mentioned much but would be very intriguing...The Indianapolis Colts. Definitely plenty of reasons why it won't happen (Indy's conservative ownership, not wanting to disrupt chemistry, etc)...but, if they did show some interest, it might make some sense. Injuries have decimated the receiving corps to the point that Tamme, White and an always injured Gonzalez are being relied upon as every week producers...the backs are all hurt so they need to throw the ball more than normal. Adding Moss would free up Wayne a great deal on the other side and would allow Garcon to create mismatches galore from the slot. And Peyton Manning, one of the greatest and most cerebral of all time and in his prime, would be as good a choice as any to be able to tame Moss and his recent antics. Playing for a SB contender, with the best in the game under center and the opportunity to put up big second half numbers in his quest for one final payday...what's not to like if you are Moss...

Again, all signs point to this being a long shot at best, but, I would be intrigued as hell to see what Moss could do as a Colt...

How is bringing him in to replace Britt making him a decoy?

Thats not really what i meant. It would probably open holes up for CJ but how long do you think Moss would play nice in a Tennessee's offense?? Not long :thumbsdown:

If I were a Ram homer, that would be a pretty damn cool idea.

If I were a Ram homer I wouldn't want Moss within a thousand miles of Sam Bradford.

Something along those lines, though not agent related. I thought it was interesting though. Never really considered that he could refuse to go to a team that claims him.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells Profootballtalk.com that Randy Moss' status for 2011 "would be determined by the terms of the new CBA" if he refuses to report to a team that claims him.

Moss would likely receive a "five-day letter" from his new team in that scenario, with the threat of being placed on the Reserve/Left Squad list. Depending on the terms of the new CBA, Moss could end up property of the claiming team again in 2011 as opposed to reaching free agency.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

ARTICLE XXII

Waiver System

Section 2. Contact: Coaches or any other persons connected with another NFL Club are prohibited from contacting any player placed on waivers until such time as the player is released by the waiving Club.

thank you :doublethumbsup:

Something along those lines, though not agent related. I thought it was interesting though. Never really considered that he could refuse to go to a team that claims him.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells Profootballtalk.com that Randy Moss' status for 2011 "would be determined by the terms of the new CBA" if he refuses to report to a team that claims him.

Moss would likely receive a "five-day letter" from his new team in that scenario, with the threat of being placed on the Reserve/Left Squad list. Depending on the terms of the new CBA, Moss could end up property of the claiming team again in 2011 as opposed to reaching free agency.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Now that would be very interesting. I could see Moss refusing to report to a team if he does not want to play for the team that claims him.

Here are my predictions(which never come true but is fun :rolleyes: )

-55% chance no one claims him

-20% chance Chiefs claim him

-10% chance Redskins claim him

-10% chance Rams claim him

-5% chance someone else claims him

-0% chance Patriots claim him

Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Was it really Einstein that said that? I hate that saying. It's not the definition of insanity at all. That's stubbornness.

Was it really Einstein that said that? I hate that saying. It's not the definition of insanity at all. That's stubbornness.

Giants Fan smarter than Einstein in this instance. :music_guitarred:

Randy Moss reportedly told a teammate following the Packers game two weeks ago that he couldn't play for Vikings coach Brad Childress.

"I'm one and done," Moss added, suggesting that he wouldn't re-sign with Minnesota after the season. According to a report from Yahoo! Sports, there's been talk among league executives that Moss could end up sitting out the season if the Bills or Panthers -- first and second on the waiver list -- grab him to keep him from playing at all. It's a risky strategy, and one those teams are highly unlikely to attempt.

Childress sucks. He is just awful at everything a coach needs to do well. Awful game planner? Check. Awful in-game manager? Check. Awful at keeping his primadonna superstars in check? Check.

Vikes need to move on immediately--I wouldn't even wait until the end of the year to fire his worthless @ss. Too bad they just gave him a lucrative contract extension! :lol:

New inside information on Moss's future.

I know details are imminent to make a statement like this, but they will be kept close to me for the time being.

Moss will be in a blue and gold uniform under a rookie QB!

You heard it first right here.

....look how quick that "inside info" post got edited....so a RAM eh??!

Excellllllent for sjax!!

I didn't see an edit, but the post I saw on the Rams is in another R. Moss thread. Won't matter if the Redskins put in a waiver claim for him since they're ahead of the Rams if this link is correct: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-nfl-waiver-order-heres-who-gets-dibs-on-randy-moss-first-2010-11

Giants Fan smarter than Einstein in this instance. :music_guitarred:

Turns out there is no proof Einstein said it. I doubt he did. It would be better if it went like this:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting pumpernickel flamingos.

I didn't see an edit, but the post I saw on the Rams is in another R. Moss thread. Won't matter if the Redskins put in a waiver claim for him since they're ahead of the Rams if this link is correct: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-nfl-waiver-order-heres-who-gets-dibs-on-randy-moss-first-2010-11

Touche, too many Moss threads. Good link!

He'll wind up with the Redskins...that way they would have R. mOSS, sANTANA mOSS, AND THEY COULD INVITE sINORICE IN FOR A LOOK-SEE AND HAVE THE TRUE mOSS TRIFECTA ! :headbanger:

Thats not really what i meant. It would probably open holes up for CJ but how long do you think Moss would play nice in a Tennessee's offense?? Not long :thumbsdown:

And again...if he is pulling in 4-5 balls and getting some deep shots and redzone looks (as Britt was), why would he be that big of a problem?

I think Fisher would listen to him the way Childress did not on some things too.

Turns out there is no proof Einstein said it. I doubt he did. It would be better if it went like this:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting pumpernickel flamingos.

But I checked it on the Internets, and the Internets is never, ever wrong. Actually, Einstein did say pumpernickel flamingos.

And again...if he is pulling in 4-5 balls and getting some deep shots and redzone looks (as Britt was), why would he be that big of a problem?

I think Fisher would listen to him the way Childress did not on some things too.

He might but i cant see him being happy with Vince Young throwing him the ball. Maybe im wrong but i think Moss needs to have a pocket QB not a scrambler.

He might but i cant see him being happy with Vince Young throwing him the ball. Maybe im wrong but i think Moss needs to have a pocket QB not a scrambler.

Vince has run less than Aaron Rodgers this year.

I don't think Moss cares if the guy is in the pocket or scrambling as long as he gets the ball some.

My bigger concern would be with how he would feel about trying to live by Fisher's rules.

Who will Randy Moss play with next during the 2010 NFL Regular Season?

Any wager placed after this becomes public knowledge will be graded as no action

St. Louis Rams

7/2

Seattle Seahawks

4/1

Washington Redskins

9/2

New England Patriots

5/1

Chicago Bears

11/2

Kansas City Chiefs

11/2

Miami Dolphins

13/2

Oakland Raiders

7/1

Tennessee Titans

15/2

San Diego Chargers

9/1

Dallas Cowboys

20/1

Any Other Team

1/1

I'm thinking about throwing like 10 down on the Dolphins

ESPN's Adam Schefter lists the Rams, Raiders and Titans as potential landing spots for Randy Moss.

The Rams have the highest waiver priority of the three, and taking into consideration all of the reports on teams that might have interest, it seems St. Louis can have Moss if they decide he's worth the gamble. It would be interesting to see how happy (or unhappy) Moss would be about returning to Oakland.

as a moss owner I like the fit with the Rams.

ESPN's Adam Schefter lists the Rams, Raiders and Titans as potential landing spots for Randy Moss.

The Rams have the highest waiver priority of the three, and taking into consideration all of the reports on teams that might have interest, it seems St. Louis can have Moss if they decide he's worth the gamble. It would be interesting to see how happy (or unhappy) Moss would be about returning to Oakland.

as a moss owner I like the fit with the Rams.

As a Moss owner in 3 leagues i dont want him to go to St Louis :nono: I think they are fooling them selves if they think they are going to make the playoffs. Once they fall completely out of race i wouldnt want Moss on my fantasy team. Maybe he finally gets it(atleast for remainder of year) and plays hard but im not so sure.

who know but we should know in about 3-4 hours :dunno:

Titans seem like a good fit to me. They'll be in it to the end, and they seem to be a well run organization.

Moss will half ass it for a loser, and he even worse is a loser combined with a carnival like atmosphere. The worst of those being Minnesota and Dallas.

If Moss really wants a 3 year deal next year then he will have to be on his best behavior and play hard. That being said he may not care if he doesn't play again or sign a 3 year deal moving forward.

I think it's St Louis if they want to take the chance. Moss seems to want a QB who can throw the deep ball; a spot where he's a primary option (this is a contract year); a possibility of being in the post season; a stud RB; and to play indoors. Of the likely candidates, the Rams are the one that offer those.

I can't see him going to Miami and having to compete w/the Pats and Jets. He knows that's a no win for him.

Seattle plays in some lousy weather.

Carolina has no prospects offensively.

Tennessee...hmmm...maybe the best shot if a team ahead of them doesn't enter a claim.

Others that are likely interested are too far down the list.

Since Randy Moss was my first round pick this year in fantasy football, I'd like him to go to a team where he'd actually produce. I think the days of Randy Moss being the ace, the number one guy are done. Believing this, and actually having evidence for it, I'd like to see Randy Moss as the #2 receiver behind Megatron. I think Stafford is a good enough quarterback to get the ball to Moss if Megatron is covered. Wouldn't having Randy Moss as a #2 make more sense?