Sign in to follow this  
salparadise

Randy Moss Waived, Possible Destinations

To all the thoughts of Moss to the Colts, it will not happen for a number of reasons.

-Colts' WW priority is something in the high-teens to low-twenties.

-The Colts NEVER make moves like this from a personnel standpoint.

-The Colts never bring in these types of players (attitude, ME first).

-They still have Wayne, Garcon, Collie comes back in a few weeks, Gonzo now healthy, and Blair White.

-They are about to give Manning a $150 million deal, you think they are going to pay Randy too?

But I'd be all for it if it happened :ninja:

I'd puke seeing that. Then again, it'll be fun to beat him twice! :thumbsup:

I can't believe this. But it's pretty awesome. I loved his press conference last night.

mee too that was a great press conference. What he was pissed that he tried to help Minny prepare for NE and noone listed to him ... He gave HUGE props to BB , Brady and New England ... No I bet it was the fact he wore a Boston hat to his interview that pushed them over. :overhead:

To all the thoughts of Moss to the Colts, it will not happen for a number of reasons.

-They still have Wayne, Garcon, Collie comes back in a few weeks, Gonzo now healthy, and Blair White.

-They are about to give Manning a $150 million deal, you think they are going to pay Randy too?

From a hilarity standpoint for him to end up back in New England would have me rolling for quite a while.

Is he even going to sign with anybody? "I'm not answering questions the rest of the year"

He might be hanging up his shoes with that type of p!ss poor attitude.

Damn, for my ff team though :wall:

IMO you arent grabbing this guy unless you think hes the difference between you getting to the Superbowl and not. So i dont see the crappy teams bothering with him....maybe not even the .500 teams unless they think theres a chance he would resign in the offseason.

McDaniels might get him ... Buffalo wouldn't bother as they are lost anyway and why fock up their draft slot... Carolina - why they are lost this year so why add an old WR even if great ... Dallas - already has a plethera of WR's. Actually I could see him easily getting past those teams as Denver would be the only team to take him and that would only be if they thought he would resign next year.

Cincy again for the same reasons wouldn't take him.

Unless McDaniels takes him he could go pretty far down maybe to a real contender.

If I was Moss I would get on NFLN right now and say I will only play for a contender.

If I was moss, I'd steer clear of any podium/media at the moment. He rarely helps his cause with his bipolar rants to the media, last nite being no exception at all!

IN all honesty Randy goes one of these 3

San Diego - nothing at WR

Washington - deep pockets and little at WR

Chicago - nothing at WR

McDaniels might get him ... Buffalo wouldn't bother as they are lost anyway and why fock up their draft slot...

Unless McDaniels takes him he could go pretty far down maybe to a real contender.

If I was Moss I would get on NFLN right now and say I will only play for a contender.

Does DEN make sense? Lloyd is doing a pretty good job as their deep threat guy. I can't imagine Moss doing any better than him right now. As a Lloyd owner I pray this doesn't happen. It would be pretty bad for Lloyd's production, right???....

Imagine if Indy gets Moss.

Peyton to Randy with Wayne and Collie in the slot ... In 1 month it could be the most dangerous offense in the NFL.

He's not smart enough to roll in that offense.

If I was moss, I'd steer clear of any podium/media at the moment. He rarely helps his cause with his bipolar rants to the media, last nite being no exception at all!

are you kidding last night might have been the best interview I have seen in a while. :overhead:

Randy blames the Media for him being ousted of New England a place he never wanted to leave so he said fock the media and basically fock Minny by praising the Patriots in every way even wearing a Boston hat.

Just fun to think of Moss having played with Brady, Favre, and Manning all in one year.

He's not smart enough to roll in that offense.

Randy would have like 5 routes 4 of which down the field -- having probably the best QB in NFL history throwing to him. Wayne being the possesion guy and Collie the slot guy they totally can absorb the loss of Clark who played slot mostly. While still having Garcon as a 4th.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me again, shame on me.

Ever hear of the little boy that cried wolf?

What is with all you lemming fan? Haven't you learned ANYTHING?

Randy Moss is a cancer. Why on earth do you want him on your team? This isn't fantasy football, it's real football.

Smarten up, please. :wall:

Ok, I am no expert on howe the waiver process works, but if its true that the teams with the worst records get first dibs, then I am going to put my money on a team with a bad/mediocre record and still in the hunt somewhat. Why would teams totally out of it (like DAL, BUF) want to pay the remainder of the 6+ million he's owed for a guy who will most likely be around for one season and then he's gone? Here are the teams I see him going to - MIA, JAX, SD, WAS, AZ, STL. All teams w/ around .500 records that with Moss could POSSIBLY contend for a playoff spot at least.

For the record, my $ is on WAS. :lock:

I'm just guessing that Jerry Jones won't want to lose Moss twice in his lifetime.

Seahawks?

I wonder what he did to bring this on. Hopefully its not related to the interview regarding not talking to media. If so Minny overreacted greatly.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me again, shame on me.

Ever hear of the little boy that cried wolf?

What is with all you lemming fan? Haven't you learned ANYTHING?

Randy Moss is a cancer. Why on earth do you want him on your team? This isn't fantasy football, it's real football.

Smarten up, please. :wall:

He has been a cancer for less than 1/2 of his career and he is immensely talented. The Pats took a gamble on a "cancer" and it worked out pretty well. Some other team will do the same. I think the only circumstances it could work under would be a Belichick disciple or a guy like Shanahan.

From the waiver wire order, Denver looks like the first team that would possibly take him. McDaniels and moss worked together well in New England. Chicago, San Diego and St Louis look like the best candidates for teams that still have playoff hopes with a wide receiver need.

The only reason a team would sign Moss is if they're:

1. In dire need of help at wideout.

2. Willing to put up with bad attitudes.

3. Still in playoff contention.

The REDSKINS fit this profile to a T. Dan Snyder is an idiot and he loves to throw money around. I bet he got a woody imaginging McChoke throwing to Moss the second he heard the news.

I can't beleive how funny I'm finding the fact that my second round pick just got waived. :lol:

They said we will know by 4pm tomorrow who claims him. Does the NFL's waiver system work like MLB? Where team with worst record gets first shot and so on and so on.... :dunno:

Does he have to go through AFC East first??

The latest tweet from Adam Schefter...

"Teams likely to consider claiming Randy Moss on waivers: Cowboys, Redskins, Rams, Bears, Dolphins, Raiders, Chiefs, Jets, Patriots...

...And Seattle, after failed attempts to trade for Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson, also would be a potential Randy Moss destination."

They said we will know by 4pm tomorrow who claims him. Does the NFL's waiver system work like MLB? Where team with worst record gets first shot and so on and so on.... :dunno:

Does he have to go through AFC East first??

Yes, teams with worst records get first shot. Buffalo is #1.

This news is stunning. The Vikings clearly believe their season is lost and S. Rice must be healthier than I thought. Wow.

From the waiver wire order, Denver looks like the first team that would possibly take him. McDaniels and moss worked together well in New England. Chicago, San Diego and St Louis look like the best candidates for teams that still have playoff hopes with a wide receiver need.

If DEN were to take him, who's value would he hurt the most (Lloyd, Gafney, Royal, or Thomas)? As a Lloyd owner I pray this doesn't happen, but then again why would they need Moss if the intention was to line him up at Lloyds position? Lloyd is having a sick year. Would they want Moss for the slot???? I dont get it.

Lloyd on one side, Moss on the other, both running streaks, who is the safety going to double?

Have QB pick the other and throw...

If DEN were to take him, who's value would he hurt the most (Lloyd, Gafney, Royal, or Thomas)? As a Lloyd owner I pray this doesn't happen, but then again why would they need Moss if the intention was to line him up at Lloyds position? Lloyd is having a sick year. Would they want Moss for the slot???? I dont get it.

Considering the Broncos spent a first round pick on a receiver and traded Brandon Marshall in part because of his attitude, I've got a really hard time imagining they go after Moss. Especially since he's not likely to get them into the playoffs anyway.

The latest tweet from Adam Schefter...

"Teams likely to consider claiming Randy Moss on waivers: Cowboys, Redskins, Rams, Bears, Dolphins, Raiders, Chiefs, Jets, Patriots...

...And Seattle, after failed attempts to trade for Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson, also would be a potential Randy Moss destination."

I'm thinking he would be a good fit for the Rams. They have a real shot at winning the division and Moss would definitely be an upgrade.

I'm thinking he would be a good fit for

:doh:

My god, you people are retarded. Honest to goodness, you never learn.

I can't beleive how funny I'm finding the fact that my second round pick just got waived. :lol:

Same here...though, I had already pulled him from my lineup next week anyway.

As a Packer fan...Im thoroughly enjoying the past week and a few days.

are you kidding last night might have been the best interview I have seen in a while. :overhead:

Randy blames the Media for him being ousted of New England a place he never wanted to leave so he said fock the media and basically fock Minny by praising the Patriots in every way even wearing a Boston hat.

Anyone have a link to the interview?