Sign in to follow this  
GMENMANIA

Mike Williams (TB) = your next top 5 WR

Well, for any of you that have watched Mr. Williams play, his talent is off the charts. TB is a team on the rise with a solid young QB and RB who will develop together with Williams. He is the truth and will be a top fantasy WR at some point in the next two seasons. WR's usually have a true breakout campaign into eliteness their third year, so he'll definitely be an amazing pick in two years but will probably still be a great value pick next year. The only downside to drafting him is that the Bucs aren't on T.V. much and you won't get to watch his ridiculous skills. However, if you have the NFL ticket and watched even half a TB game, you know how good he is.

i've watched every bucs game and he surprises me every game. earlier in the season it was clear he was a jumpball threat. last game on the deep play action, he showed that he has enough skill and speed to get seperation super deep (and i wasn't sure if he could). this game against the falcons, he showed me that not only can he beat his man on a quick slant, but also that he has the speed to take one to the house for 60 yards. amazing!

as a bucs fan, i can't tell you how excited i am. he really is a more explosive ochocinco that can out muscle DBs for jumpballs.

By the numbers, only two tough match-ups left (next week vs Carolina & later @ New Orleans; they've both been tough on WRs for the most part this year)....

Yeah he is the real deal. I nabbed him in one league before the season started. I really wanted him in my other league (a keeper league), but the guy who had him wasn't much interested in trading him (and that was three or four weeks ago).

Glad I drafted him...

I grabbed Williams as a FA after week one :)My draft was RB heavy, so my WRs were weak, so i knew my season would probably hinge on me finding a solid WR. Williams might just salvage my season.

Mike Sims-Walker and Mathews?  Notsomuch.

The guy who is in first in my league and only lost once drafted MSW with the #11 overall pick. Absolutely astounding.

He's a stud and a must-start now every week. However, TB Homers, what's with the big play and then little else? I love the long TDs, but having only 3 other catches scares me a little. Whats been going on the last two games?

I doubt he'll be top 5, but top 10 is possible. Top 5 WR's are always on high scoring teams... TB is not an offensive juggernaut.

He's a stud and a must-start now every week. However, TB Homers, what's with the big play and then little else? I love the long TDs, but having only 3 other catches scares me a little. Whats been going on the last two games?

He consistently averages about 8 targets a game. Fear not.

Lets just hope he doesn't turn into another Michael Clayton.....

Shut your cruddy mouth....

:)

He's the real, methinks.... Hell, I only play in redrafts, so its likely I won't get him next year anyways.

Drafted him in the 8th round.

When Tampa started Williams over Benn who was drafted in the first round, you knew Williams might be special. Those who took chance are reaping the rewards.

If the talent around him keeps developing, he has a real chance at being a top 5 WR in the next year or two.

Waiting until the 8th to draft a WR worked pretty well.

I grabbed him late in a keeper league with an eye on next year; he has developed faster than I had envisioned. Funny how FF works; I was happy with my WR core of Smith CAR, Ward, and S. Moss after my draft; moving forward my default lineup will be Williams with Lloyd (WW).

Drafted him in the 8th round.

When Tampa started Williams over Benn who was drafted in the first round, you knew Williams might be special. Those who took chance are reaping the rewards.

Benn was a second rounder.

I grabbed Williams as a FA after week one :)My draft was RB heavy, so my WRs were weak, so i knew my season would probably hinge on me finding a solid WR. Williams might just salvage my season.

The guy who is in first in my league and only lost once drafted MSW with the #11 overall pick. Absolutely astounding.

Yea im tied for first with a guy like that in my league. Has the 8th pick in 12 team league, goes boldin/flacco first 2 rnds. This moron never answers trades, always drafts like an idiot, is a 40 yr old virgin kind of guy. Yet always finishes at the top of the leaderboards with leprechaun lucky wins. Gives me nightmares.

Yea im tied for first with a guy like that in my league. Has the 8th pick in 12 team league, goes boldin/flacco first 2 rnds. This moron never answers trades, always drafts like an idiot, is a 40 yr old virgin kind of guy. Yet always finishes at the top of the leaderboards with leprechaun lucky wins. Gives me nightmares.

If it makes you feel better, I took it on the chin week one courtesy the worst team in our league. He's 1-7, hasn't put up more than 120 points any week except week 1, and dropped a cool 184 against me that week. Meanwhile, I've put up over 150 every week except one when my whole team stunk it up. Oh well.

I dont see him breaking into the top 5 but you never know Freeman looks good

I see him in the 10-15 range next yr with potential to climb to 8 or so

White, Nicks, Calvin, Andre, DJax are my top 5 next year

he fits below Fitz, Wayne, Jennings, VJax, Austin still though imo

right in the SSmith (NYG), TO, Bryant, Marshall, area

By the numbers, only two tough match-ups left (next week vs Carolina & later @ New Orleans; they've both been tough on WRs for the most part this year)....

I'd like to bench him this week against Carolina and go with either Jacoby (return yards credited) against Jax or Santonio against Cleveland, but I can't bring myself to do it.

I'd like to bench him this week against Carolina and go with either Jacoby (return yards credited) against Jax or Santonio against Cleveland, but I can't bring myself to do it.

My only option (start 3 WR league) is Johnny Knox, and I just can't get myself to bench Tampa Mike for him....I just don't trust the Bears offense/o-line/Cutler. Just gotta hope Mike gets us a big play (like he did week 2 @ Carolina w/ a 30+ yd TD) to salvage a decent day for us. Tampa SHOULD be in control most of this game against a crap Panthers offense, so I just don't see him getting a lot of targets, especially when the Bucs staff knows the Panthers CBs are the strong suit of that defense).

I think I might be starting Wallace vs. NE this week instead of MW. However for all of you that are starting him, I will say that even if the Bucs go up early, I think Raheem wouldn't mind running up the score a little like the Giants did to the Seahawks last week. So I still think MW has value even if the Bucs take a lead. Coming from a Bucs fan so take it for what it's worth :doublethumbsup:

After starting him every single week (I drafted him) I am sitting MW this week for ... Mike Simms-Walker.

But I'm also starting Freeman (Rodgers on a BYE) so this is more about diversifying my portfolio. Also, All of MW's bigger games have been on the road this year.

VJax,

:sleep:

After starting him every single week (I drafted him) I am sitting MW this week for ... Mike Simms-Walker.

But I'm also starting Freeman (Rodgers on a BYE) so this is more about diversifying my portfolio. Also, All of MW's bigger games have been on the road this year.

FWIW, I think that's a great call.... MSW will be top 5 this week; that Hous pass D is worse than atrocious.

FWIW, I think that's a great call.... MSW will be top 5 this week; that Hous pass D is worse than atrocious.

So bad that it's worthy of starting Mike Thomas over Mike Williams?? If its PPR?

I'm crossing my fingers. I'm also starting Steve Johnson and Calvin Johnson so it's hard to know which one of those four to sit. Garrard has a knack for not playing well when he's "supposed to" ... doubly so for Simms-Walker. It's a roll of the dice and I feel like I'm betraying Mike Williams a little in doing so. MW has been really solid as a WR3 all season.

I dont see him breaking into the top 5 but you never know Freeman looks good

I see him in the 10-15 range next yr with potential to climb to 8 or so

White, Nicks, Calvin, Andre, DJax are my top 5 next year

he fits below Fitz, Wayne, Jennings, VJax, Austin still though imo

right in the SSmith (NYG), TO, Bryant, Marshall, area

I agree 100%. I think his third season will be the one he breaks out completely. By then he and Freeman will be quite seasoned and have had much time together. If you can get him as the 15th to 20th receiver taken next year, you'd be getting amazing value.