Sign in to follow this  
Soju808

Top 5 draft picks next year.

Based on what we seen this season so far, I say these will be the Top 5 guys off the board next season.

1) Adrian Peterson

2) Arian Foster

3) Chris Johnson

4) Frank Gore

5) MJD

Personally...I'm interested in following the off-season of a player that will for sure be drafted outside of the top 5, yet is putting up top tier numbers. Peyton Hillis has to have won the hearts of the coaching staff in Cleveland, but when Montario Hardesty comes back healthy this offseason, what is each player's role going to be? In terms of the top five overall,

Peterson, CJ, Gore all should be up there. Arian Foster is making a case as well. After that, I think that depending on the format of the league and obviously the offseason moves, it could be six or more different players in all honesty. MJD/Rice/Bradshaw/Andre Johnson/Roddy/Rivers all would be picks that have unbelievably high ceilings and high floors as well. Who knows.....

Mcfadden > Gore IMO mcfadden will be a top 10 pick for sure. If he didn't get hurt and miss a few games he would be the number 1 back...

Dependingon the CBA Jamaal Charles could be a FA next year. This gives some flexibility on his draft position next year. He could walk and choose to be the bell cow somewhere. Also the season could progress and Charles could become the top dog in KC. Based on talent I would not rule out drafting him in the 3-5 range.

The caveat with Arian Foster is Ben Tate will be healthy again next season. As I recall, Tate was projected to be the starter this season. Will have to watch the preseason games to see how Tate does and whether it might be a timeshare.

1.01 Mike Vick

I think it depends on where Vick is next year. If he stays in Philly he will be gold. Him and Jackson are perfect for each other. But if he goes somewhere else without all that talent around him I wouldn't draft him in the 1st round.

Damn, he sure should. I don't wanna miss on him or Gates & I'd be willing to reach on the two!

He has never gotten the luv; seems like he always outperforms his ADP. :dunno:

Mcfadden > Gore IMO mcfadden will be a top 10 pick for sure. If he didn't get hurt and miss a few games he would be the number 1 back...

LMAO... If he didn't get hurt... I love this reasoning!

He is an injury waiting to happen and I'll bet he gets injured again before the end of the year!

The caveat with Arian Foster is Ben Tate will be healthy again next season. As I recall, Tate was projected to be the starter this season. Will have to watch the preseason games to see how Tate does and whether it might be a timeshare.

Are you kidding? Arian Foster has been tremendous this year, and not just fantasy wise. Look at the kid run, he's got great skills. Tate may take over as the primary backup, but Kubiack has lost his damn mind if he thinks Foster should have to timeshare with anybody.

Regarding Vick, I'll let all of you take him in the 1st round next year, then I'll say "told you so" when he breaks a bone and is out for the season after 3 weeks. The guy cannot stay healthy, never could back in his days with the Falcons, and already had an injury this year. He's too reckless when he runs the ball. I'd be surprised if he doesn't miss another game this season.

Based on what we seen this season so far, I say these will be the Top 5 guys off the board next season.

1) Adrian Peterson

2) Arian Foster

3) Chris Johnson

4) Frank Gore

5) MJD

1.01 Mike Vick

What if Vick becomes a Viking.......then who do you pick #1?

Regarding Vick, I'll let all of you take him in the 1st round next year, then I'll say "told you so" when he breaks a bone and is out for the season after 3 weeks. The guy cannot stay healthy, never could back in his days with the Falcons, and already had an injury this year. He's too reckless when he runs the ball. I'd be surprised if he doesn't miss another game this season.

While Vick did have two seasons shortened by injury, he started 15 or more games 4 seasons with Atlanta. I look for an older, wiser Vick...especially after the lesson learned earlier this season...to do as he did last night. Get rid of the ball, get out of bounds.

He's a different player than he was in Atlanta. I'm not saying he's my #1 pick, but I wouldn't pass him on the chance that he's likely to get injured. Hell, statistically, every QB in the league is likely to get injured, with the possible exception of Peyton Manning.

While Vick did have two seasons shortened by injury, he started 15 or more games 4 seasons with Atlanta. I look for an older, wiser Vick...especially after the lesson learned earlier this season...to do as he did last night. Get rid of the ball, get out of bounds.

He's a different player than he was in Atlanta. I'm not saying he's my #1 pick, but I wouldn't pass him on the chance that he's likely to get injured. Hell, statistically, every QB in the league is likely to get injured, with the possible exception of Peyton Manning.

True, any QB could get injured, but a QB that runs often has a higher chance. Now, I'm not saying that Vick doesn't deserve to potentially be the 1st QB taken next year in fantasy drafts, but I'd be very hesitant to spend a Top 5 pick on him. Especially since I'm not a big fan of taking a QB early anyway, at least not in standard 10-team 1 QB leagues.

True, any QB could get injured, but a QB that runs often has a higher chance. Now, I'm not saying that Vick doesn't deserve to potentially be the 1st QB taken next year in fantasy drafts, but I'd be very hesitant to spend a Top 5 pick on him. Especially since I'm not a big fan of taking a QB early anyway, at least not in standard 10-team 1 QB leagues.

True. My problem with Vick that high is: if I take someone like Peyton early, I know I'm done with QB and just draft a serviceable bye week replacement near the end. With Vick, I'd be inclined to spend a mid-round pick on a better QB2 "just in case."

Perhaps others have a higher risk/reward tolerance than I, but that is not what I'm looking for in a 1st round pick.

True. My problem with Vick that high is: if I take someone like Peyton early, I know I'm done with QB and just draft a serviceable bye week replacement near the end. With Vick, I'd be inclined to spend a mid-round pick on a better QB2 "just in case."

Perhaps others have a higher risk/reward tolerance than I, but that is not what I'm looking for in a 1st round pick.

yeah. plus you've got the whole Kolb thing... if Vick has a few bad games he could get benched. I'd rather have a guy who the only starter on the team. The price for Vick will probably be too high next year to be worth drafting him.

My top 20 directionally... not looking to quibble over #11 vs #13

1 Vick

2 AD

3 CJ

4 Arian Foster

5 McFadden

6 Frank Gore

7 Ray Rice

8 Aaron Rodgers

9 MJD

10 Roddy White

11 Calvin Johnson

12 Andre Johnson

13 Jamaal Charles

14 Hakeem Nicks

15 McCoy

16 Mendenhall

17 Bradshaw

18 Gates

19 SJax

20 Rivers

A lot of good players available next year. I'm leaving off guys like Hillis, Peyton Manning, DJax, Brees, Dallas Clark, Shonn Greene, Blount, Miles Austin, Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, DeAngelo, Brandon Lloyd, Mike Wallace, Boldin, Harvin, Jennings, B Marshall...

I really only feel sure about the top 2, and I worry about what happens in the offseason to Foster and McFadden is a little bit of an injury risk at 1.5 but the upside is tremendous.

1.01 Mike Vick

Its amazing what ONE big game against a horrific team will do the ranking of a fantasy football player. Holy Geeshus. Its nice that Mikes making a comeback and all but lets temper our expectations just a tad, shall we? I still dont see Mike being able to read a defense and make big-time QB decisions in a big-time game against a big-time opponent.

Just saying.

Just a week ago Vick put up 218 passing yards as well as 74 rush yards with a passing and rushing tds good for 26 points fantasty points en route to a huge win over the colts if you've forgotten

Vick's been good for every non-injured game but I would definitely not draft him in the first round... too much of an injury risk. I think your first round pick should be a guaranteed producer - Peterson, CJ, Andre Johnson, etc. (and we can probably throw Foster, Roddy White, and a couple others in there). I'll save the gambles for later rounds.

Just a week ago Vick put up 218 passing yards as well as 74 rush yards with a passing and rushing tds good for 26 points fantasty points en route to a huge win over the colts if you've forgotten

David Garrard just had a 24 pt game. Matt Stafford had two 24 pt games the two weeks prior. I picked both of those guys up off waivers and played them in my league (as a result of Romo's injury). I don't think a game of 26 fantasy points from your QB is something to get too terribly excited about. Especially over an Indy defense that is ranked 18th in yards per game.

Right now, Vick has had 4 great games this season. He's also had 4 games missed due to injury. Yesterday, he had a spectacular day. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out.

Let's see how the rest of the season plays out.

The point is that you're picking the top 5 today. You can't wait to see how the rest of the season pans out. You project.

Are you kidding? Arian Foster has been tremendous this year, and not just fantasy wise. Look at the kid run, he's got great skills. Tate may take over as the primary backup, but Kubiack has lost his damn mind if he thinks Foster should have to timeshare with anybody.

I hear ya Bingo, but Jamaal Charles and Jerome Harrison both were stellar last year over the second half and were great picks this year based on their one shining season/half season. How many discussions did we have in here about Charles/Jones. We really don't know what Tate will bring to the table? It's definitly something we'll have to moniter over the summer/off season.

I'm hesitant because I was burned last season by drafting Steve Slaton #2 overall after his impressive rookie season. I'm just saying if you have two talented running backs, there's aways a possibility of a timeshare.

I can remember when Vick first came into the league and a lot of the fantasy "experts" said he should be the over all number one pick. This is when picking any QB in the first round was a definate no no. However, their reasoning was with Vick you were getting a two for one deal. A running back that could get you a 100 yards and a touch plus a QB that would throw for 250 yards and a couple of TD's. It appears their predictions were premature but now may be Vick has reached those expectations. :dunno:

David Garrard just had a 24 pt game. Matt Stafford had two 24 pt games the two weeks prior. I picked both of those guys up off waivers and played them in my league (as a result of Romo's injury). I don't think a game of 26 fantasy points from your QB is something to get too terribly excited about. Especially over an Indy defense that is ranked 18th in yards per game.

26 pts is not a lot to get excited about, but 60 pts in a week is.

Damn, he sure should. I don't wanna miss on him or Gates & I'd be willing to reach on the two!

In my league, Nicks is the top WR right now, with White at #3 behind Megatron. All three are pretty close, though; it probably depends on the scoring system. It will be interesting to see how the top 5 shakes out.

I'm interested to see if White gets his props as the top WR.

He will be the experts' pick for that middle of the 1st round WR pick

2009 Fitzgerald

2010 Andre Johnson

2011 Roddy White