Sign in to follow this  
~Shifty~

Top this loss

I loose by .40 - 123.05 to 123.45

The close loss is brutal by itself but the kicker is, I win if my RB (MDJ) does not throw an INT......

The close loss is brutal by itself but the kicker is, I win if my RB (MDJ) does not throw an INT......

:pointstosky: :lol:

Now that really sucks

I lost two years ago by mere percentage points on Monday night after two kneel downs by my quarterback. Victory formation???? Yeah, for my opponent that week! :)

I Lost by .2 to go 0-5 in week 5. The guy I was playing had BJGE on Monday night and beat me on his last run of the game while killing clock.

I then went on a 5 game winning streak to pull to 5-5

Now I just lost by 1.0 points when Moreno snagged about 20 yards of garbage on the last drive of the Monday night game. 3rd in points now and im 5-6.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Some years ago I lost by .17 points in an expert showcase league. Kevin Faulk of all people did me in on a Monday night. Ohh, by the way, it was for the league championship. And ohh, by the way, the league champion got $5000 and the loser got $0.

Some years ago I lost by .17 points in an expert showcase league. Kevin Faulk of all people did me in on a Monday night. Ohh, by the way, it was for the league championship. And ohh, by the way, the league champion got $5000 and the loser got $0.

Holy Ickey Woods! Look out wife, dog, and TV. Something's getting broken. If there is a fantasy higher power, you are due much, much karma for many years.

There was an epic thread on here a few years back where Sexy Rexy kneeled down 3 consecutive plays to close out a W for da Bears... On those 3 plays he accrued negative yards and cost someone a ffb win. It was one of the baddest beats I can recall.

Lost by 10 to my buddy who picked up Fred Jackson after I dropped him 3 weeks ago. Action Jackson karma :-(

Years ago I was up 9 with 1 minute to go in MNF, Dolphins vs. Broncos. My opponent had McMichael and Mare. Dolphins were up 1 or two, and Elam lined up a 53 yd field goal. If he misses, Dolphins take a knee and I win. Of course he makes it. The ensuing drive becomes the McMichael show; he racks up 40 yards and sets up a 50+ yard Mare FG attempt. In this league you get 6 pts for 50+. I have never been so sure of anything in my life as I was that he would make it. :(

That is brutal but it's not as bad as your spelling. :wave:

I've got the /thread story.

First couple of years as commish of my league. Last game of the season, my buddy needs to win to get in the playoffs. Kevin Johnson gets an end around and loses six yards, bringing down my buddy's cumulative rush total (we did cumulative team totals rushing and receiving back then) under 100 yards and costing him the game and the playoffs by one point. As a lark, he turned in his rosters for the playoffs just to see how he would have done, and it turns out he would have won the Super Bowl had Kevin Johnson not lost yards on that end around.

I won a match this year by .07 One more yard by any of his RBs/WRs or one less by mine and I lose that match. Guy was probably on suicide watch for a few weeks after that one. Brutal...........

What the hell kind of score is 123.05? Is this a floating point math test or fantasy football? Focking kidding me.... :rolleyes:

Who the hell is MDJ?

I won a playoff game a couple years ago by 2.9 pts. I had Aaron Stecker and in our league you get a 3 pt bonus for 100 yd rusher, 300 yd passer. The 2nd or 3rd to last play of the game He gets a carry that gets him to exactly 100 yds. I was praying he wouldnt carry it again just in case. Otherwise I would have lost by .1. This week a guy in our league lost by .1 which is the exact amount he lost when Vick took a knee on the last play.

What the hell kind of score is 123.05? Is this a floating point math test or fantasy football? Focking kidding me.... :rolleyes:

If you do 1 pt per 25 yds passing, that works out to 0.04 pts per yard, so you need two decimal points.

And yes, it is floating point. In IBL for instance, my total points are 9413.03999999999. If I lose some tiebreaker because of that 0.0000000000001 I'm going to be pissed. :mad:

Late 90s, i won a game in strange fashion late in the FF season. New England scores on last play of regulation against the Bills to go up by 2. Some controversy regarding the play (or perhaps the play prior). Bills coach is so pissed he doesnt put a team on the field for the PAT. Direct snap to Vinatieri for a two-point conversion. PAT would have given me a tie, instead i got a one point victory. The loss (instead of the tie) ultimately cost the other team a playoff spot.

I lost by 3 to my arch nemesis on the Brian Westbrook kneel down at the goal line a few years ago, and a few years after that, MJD took a knee at the one, costing me a win by 3, against the same exact opponent.

about 8 yrs ago a buddy of mine had the worst loss ever

he was up by 1.5 pts, going into monday night, Travis Henry was his starting RB he still had going.

on a wonderous day the Bills ran a nice little RB option pass, Henry not only thru a pick (-2) but also broke his leg and was out

this year we had a team lose by .02 yes that is 1/2 a yr passing or returning. The dude that lost had 1 kneel down at end of the game.

Another guy lost by .04, after there was a FG kick to end the game, but a penalty was called backed the kick up 5 yrs and gave the other guy a win

If you do 1 pt per 25 yds passing, that works out to 0.04 pts per yard, so you need two decimal points.

And yes, it is floating point. In IBL for instance, my total points are 9413.03999999999. If I lose some tiebreaker because of that 0.0000000000001 I'm going to be pissed. :mad:

As long as you don't beat me it's okay. :thumbsup:

...the worst loss ever

he was up by 1.5 pts, going into monday night, Travis Henry was..still...going.

the Bills ran a nice little RB option pass, Henry not only thru a pick (-2) but also broke his leg and was out

This may be the first post in years that made me laugh out loud.

:pointstosky:

Guarantee mine was worse.

I need to win out to make the playoffs and the way the schedule shapes up it's possible.

I'm down 31.8 going into monday night with only Rivers.

4 minutes left in the game and Rivers has dominated and gotten 32 points. putting me up by .2

Rivers doesn't complete a single pass in the final 4 minutes and takes 2 knees to end the game resulting in a tie and i'm eliminated from contention.

another one that happened in my league a while back

the situation was a little something like this the players might be off or have been changed to protect the innocent :overhead:

Dude is down 27.2 pts with 2 mins or so left in the game on monday night football between Denver and Green bay.

He has Elam, Favre and Jennings.

Elam kicks a 21 yard FG to send the game into OT

In OT GB receives the ball and brings it back to the 18.

First play from scrimage is an 82 yard pass from Favre to Jennings.

Elam +3

Jennings 14.2

Favre 10.08

Total 27.28

1 less yard and he still loses, if GB moves down the field and Jennings and Favre didnt gain EVERY yard he loses

to make matters worse the team that had the lead also had Longwell (or crosby) as his kicker, but as overtime rules state you dont kick the final XP. Had this even happened in regulation they still kick the XP as time expires.

it was pretty bad, yet pretty fun

This category is kinda like Poker everyone thinks their beat is the worst. None of my stated stories happened to me. Both happened in the same league to the same guy. Hes that badluck guy that everyone knows

I've got a pretty bad one.. 3 (or 4) season ago I was going against my brother-in-law who was up by 5 points going into monday night.. I had nobody.. I already lost right??? No.. He has Rex Grossman who turned the ball over 7 times.. He ended up with something like -8 points.

If that wasn't enough.. I clinched the 8th and final seed of a 16 team league and went on to when the championship thanks to 4 td's by Steven Jackson. Him? 9th place.

Dead serious.