Sign in to follow this  
Spergon Wynn

Joe Webb - QB and WR eligible in Yahoo!

If there's one team that wants it more ..... you gotta say it's SF. Right?They have a good defense. The Chargers might be in for a surprise tomorrow night.

I am not sure that this is a great idea IMO. If Floyd is limited as suggested, VJ could go off at home against a suspect SF defense.

Anyway.....happy debating.

Floyd limited and Gates likely not playing, VJAX upside is very big I agree with 1 PPR and 1/10 yards. But Webb getting 1 PPC and 1/20 yards and any TD's, his ceiling is close to 40 or 50 points if he starts/stays in where VJAX would be 25'ish. Not trying to turn this thread into my WSIS so back to Webb convo...

The challenge is of course it's a MNF game so like the original poster noted, best to have a good Insurance policy to cover any potential Goose Egg. Weather a factor too so he's no lock to produce.

Any Homers have better Intel on his likelihood to start over Ramsey, Tavaris, or The Texter?

[quote name

And THAT being said, if you play him and win a playoff game because of it ... you gotta expect some flack.

Curious about expanded thoughts on this. Shady or not shady? I am leaning towards not shady.

Why would it be shady? If Yahoo allows it then it should be okay. I've been using Woodhead for the last 4 to 6 weeks at WR (#3WR) because of how he is distinguished. Is that shady? Nobody in my league has complained about it. I went up against Colston his rookie year when he was WR/TE and never thought to think it was shady, and never heard a complaint about it. Sure, it sucked to go against it, but it is what it is. Maybe I should pick him up and start Reggie Wayne, Danny Woodhead, and Joe Webb. Brandon Lloyd has been killing me. :wall:

I would WANT someone to start Joe Webb against me this week at WR. Especially in most leagues that give negatives for turnovers. I just don't see him doing much of anything in the cold weather against the Bears defense. I would have to have some pretty weak WR3 options to consider it.

Wow. This is happening.

'Vikings placed Tarvaris Jackson on injured reserve with ligament damage in his toe, ending his season.

We knew he had turf toe, but it was the ligament damage that forced the I.R. move. Jackson's contract is up after this season, so his inauspicious Vikings career has almost surely come to an end. It's possible Brett Favre (shoulder) has also played his final snap this season, so the Vikings could be looking at a thrilling duo of Joe Webb and Patrick Ramsey over the final three games. Dec. 16 - 12:30 pm et'

I don't think I'm starting him this week but maybe I should? Consider him in a flex over Forte?

Attn yahoo leaguers!

This news of Joe Webb has made it yahoo's homepage.

'Playoff time means throwing caution to the wind, like sneaking a second starting quarterback into your Week 15 lineup. Skinny: Lineup loophole'

Thanks for the heads up OP!

I see no one expects any serious passing yardage from Webb, so that doesn't bode well for Sidney Rice. If Webb starts, which looks likely, I think I will slip him into the line-up in place of Rice, my normal starter #3. :wave:

From Gregg Rosenthal @ Rotoworld:

'If Joe Webb has eligibility, I'd rank him in the top-15 wideouts in non-ppr leagues and closer to 20 in PPR affairs. You just don't get guaranteed points at the position in any other way. He only needs to throw for 150 yards and run a little to make it worth it. Remember that Webb is not a total lock to start yet as I write this. … Sidney Rice will move down if its Webb starting at University of Minnesota Stadium. Same goes for Percy Harvin. '

If Webb starts would you consider him over: Owens(non ppr) or Forte(.5ppr) ?

I'm only considering this because the WR I'd be removing from my lineup is Sidney Rice. I figure that if Webb ends up sucking big time, Rice won't do squat anyway.

I think this might mean I'm somehow using the cancellation theory against myself. :blink:

As far as this kid playing the Bears, sure it doesn't look like a recommended start, but at the same time the Bears Def hasn't looked too good the past 2 weeks either (Bears Def owner here). I'm not sure if I'd start him this week, but I picked him up so nobody starts him at WR against me. With T-Jack going on IR, it's also possible that Webb could be starting next week at Philly as well. Again, not a great matchup, but somebody that you may want to pick up so that he doesn't get started against you.

I will admitt it I picked him up and I am going to start him over Floyd, Austin, and Mike Williams (TB)...everything I have read about the kid is he is Mike Vick. The way most wideouts hav eplayed this year and Floyd hurt again screw what do I have to lose. So I will start VJ and Webb in round 1 and hope for the best.

Word out of Minnesota is that Webb is going to be the starter if his lingering hamstring issue doesn't bother him. Remember as a running QB, his hamstring could definitely be an issue.

Frazier has said he is holding out hope that Favre can play, but my sources are saying that that is just postering. Webb is raw, but with the season out of reach, the Vikes front office wants to see what they have in Webb before committing to a possible First Round QB this April.

Webb - 160 yards passing, 40 yards rushing, 1 TD, 1 INT is my prediction (14 points!)

While I think this is a bush league move, I picke dhim up and am using at WR. It's a local league with buddies and no money on the line. So just bragging rights.

It's awesome that this league is a point per completion league! Should offset the fact that i'm starting Kerry Collins at QB (have Rodgers and Roeth) and he has his choice of Vick or Brady!

As I said all in good fun.

Here's to Webb and Collins to come close to equaling Vick or Brady! :dunno:

Great thread! Thanks for posting the news. I like the fact he runs the ball like Michael Vick. With Sidney Rice and Greg Jennings' values for week 15 taking a dump, I'm searching far and wide. I feel I have to start Vincent Jackson with the other 2 main targets out and Rivers playing so well. A wide reciever can put up top notch points if they have an exceptional night. There is a decent upside on Vincent Jackson tonight, so I'll have to consider Webb replacing one of my other 2 recievers. I have Britt and Woodhead where there is some upside with Britt but Woodhead usually peters out around the 10 point marker. So, I'll be listening to how this story develops and might bench Woodhead for Webb this week.

:lol:

I'm happy to report that with 40 minutes before tonight's game I switched out Webb and put Jackson back into his rightful spot in my WR slot! I almost F'd up but came to my senses in the nick of time.

I'm happy to report that with 40 minutes before tonight's game I switched out Webb and put Jackson back into his rightful spot in my WR slot! I almost F'd up but came to my senses in the nick of time.

Sure you did.

I'm thinking of picking up Bennett and being able to judge what I need on Monday night. My opponent will be done. If I am down a few in goes Bennett. If I am down a ###### ton in goes the gamble with the QB (if he starts) My other WR haven't hit double digits in weeks so not like I am missing out on anything. At least it would make Monday game interesting...

I'm thinking of picking up Bennett and being able to judge what I need on Monday night. My opponent will be done. If I am down a few in goes Bennett. If I am down a ###### ton in goes the gamble with the QB (if he starts) My other WR haven't hit double digits in weeks so not like I am missing out on anything. At least it would make Monday game interesting...

This is what i am doing too....right now i have APeterson as my Flex, with SRice, PHarvin and EBennett as other options. Now i have to add Joe Webb to the mix?

*head asplodes*

I now someone upthread said they are starting Webb over Tampa Mike, but i just cant bring myself to do that. Not with Tampa Mike playing Detroit, and the Vikings playing on the frozen tundra of TCF Bank Stadium.

Sure wish I had gone with Webb over Vernon Davis.... sigh:(

This could potentially be the greatest play of all time in my 3 leagues semi's. Not my fault he's sniped as a WR too. Oh man, the level of WTF is going to be EPIC when I plug him in over Riceman.

OTOH, I almost HAVE to plug him in over the Riceman - I don't have a chinamens chance of counting on him this week with Webb in.

With the news of Grossman starting I almost have to put Joe Webb in over S. Moss.

What do you guys think?

I'm considering benching M. Wallace for him as well, especially considering I'm going up against McFadden, MJD and Sjax, and I might need really need big time points out of my WR3.

I can't believe no one really has a problem with starting a QB as a WR just because Yahoo sucks at FFB.

If I'm playing for money and some jerk-off pulls this and it decides the outcome of our match-up I'm throwing a ###### fit.

If I'm playing for money and some jerk-off pulls this and it decides the outcome of our match-up I'm throwing a ###### fit.

As a b!tch like yourself rightfully would. Everyone has the responsibility to play within the rules of the league and the site hosting the league, that's it. If Yahoo hosts your league and they say Adrian Peterson can play kicker, than by all means people should feel free to play him at kicker. To sit here and claim that people should not play him at a position he's eligible for because "Yahoo sucks at FFB", or some make believe ethics you claim to have is laughable.

Should nobody have played Woodhead at WR all year? What about Colston at TE a few years back? Your argument is null.

I can't believe no one really has a problem with starting a QB as a WR just because Yahoo sucks at FFB.

Would you take the points if one of your RBs threw a TD pass to someone?

If no, then yer dumb.

If yes, then quit yer bitching.

As a b!tch like yourself rightfully would. Everyone has the responsibility to play within the rules of the league and the site hosting the league, that's it. If Yahoo hosts your league and they say Adrian Peterson can play kicker, than by all means people should feel free to play him at kicker. To sit here and claim that people should not play him at a position he's eligible for because "Yahoo sucks at FFB", or some make believe ethics you claim to have is laughable.

Should nobody have played Woodhead at WR all year? What about Colston at TE a few years back? Your argument is null.

And a classless douche like yourself would see nothing wrong with it.

The Colston/Woodhead argument only goes so far. Webb is going to touch the ball on EVERY FVCKING SNAP.

-------

And SC, hell yeah I'd take points from a RB or WR throwing a TD/same as I'll take rush/rec yds/TDs from a QB but again not the same thing. How many times a year does a WR/RB throw a pass? Webb is going to throw more passes in one shitty weather game than prob all WR/RBs combined for the year.

-------

Bottom line is it's a d!ck move.

Three points to make here:

1. Joe Webb was drafted by Minny (and considered by most scouts) as a better WR prospect than as a pro QB even though he played QB in college. While I still doubt his potential as a NFL QB, the fact is that he has only thrown 5 passes in the NFL and completed 2. So who is to say what he really is or will be for the rest of his career? The only reason he sees the field would be because T Jackson and Favre are injured.

2. While in standard scoring, Webb MIGHT be a decent flex play this week, most Championship caliber teams probably already have better options at WR. But in PPR scoring leagues, I'd rather have a Danny Amendola starting for me than a Joe Webb. There is probably a better chance of Amendola getting 6 catches than there is of Webb scoring a TD.

3. As a matter of prospective of players that can play more than one position, how would you like to have played FF 50 years ago? Imagine going against the owner who had George Blanda or Paul Hornung on their team plugged in as their kicker!

For instance, here's Blanda's 1961 stats:

Kicking: 64 out of 65 extra points and 16 out of 26 field goals. That's an average of 8 points a week.

Passing: 3330 yards, 36 touchdowns, 22 interceptions. That's 15.6 points a week (using 1/25 yards, 3/TD, -1/INT).

play him on your team every week as your kicker and you would have gotten 23.6 points a week!

And RB/K (converted from QB) Paul Hornung in 1960: 16 games:

Passing: 6 passes for 118 yds and 2 TDs;

Rushing: 671 yds and 13 TDs;

Receiving: 28 recepts, 257 yds, and 2 TDs;

Also as the Packers kicker: 15 of 28 FGs and 41 of 41 XPTs

In standard scoring leagues, that's even better fantasy production than Blanda's stats if you plugged Hornung in as your kicker and got credit for all of his fantasy porduction.

Here's the point: Even those who complained about Yahoo classifiying Colston as a TE/WR his rookie year didn't have much to complain about - given that these days many teams use the "move" TE concept and split their "TE's" out wide even more often than they do their slot WR.

And sometime in the near future there will again be a player who will legitimately be a 2 position player. So those who are bitching about Webb as a WR are maing a mountain out of a molehill.

Rotoworld:

'Gregg Rosenthal has already talked about Joe Webb in Goal Line Stand. Evan Silva is going to break down the situation in his Matchup Column. Here is my rant on the matter, which is stirring big controversy in almost all my leagues:

Webb was a crazy athletic quarterback at UAB who was the 2009 C-USA Player of the Year. He played a little receiver in college and was expected to be moved to receiver full time when the Vikings first drafted him. But they quickly scrapped that idea, putting the prospect at quarterback full time.

Fast forward seven months, and Yahoo fantasy leagues still have Webb with WR eligibility (ESPN and CBS leagues have Webb as QB only). And thanks to all the Vikings' quarterback injuries, there is a very strong chance he will start at QB Monday. Is it unethical, or cheap to use a QB at WR? Maybe. But Marques Colston was listed as a TE his rookie year. And Danny Woodhead has had WR eligibility all year. Yahoo's error is your gain.

Will Webb faceplant? There's a very good chance. The Bears defensive is among the league's best and this game may be played outside in horrid conditions due to the Metrodome disaster. But Webb will run for at least 40 yards thanks to his athleticism, and throwing for 150 yards isn't that hard. Even Jimmy Clausen can do that. Webb is a good bet for at least one touchdown, rushing or throwing, as well.

In other words, assuming Webb does officially get the nod at quarterback, I think he's going to put up more points than most of the WR3s out there this week. Let's say Webb produces those numbers I just mentioned. In most leagues, that's four points for the rushing, six points for the passing and four points for a passing touchdown. 14 total points, minus the turnovers of course. A receiver in a non-PPR league would have to have a very nice day to get there. And that's an extremely conservative estimate for Webb.

I'm sitting down Johnny Knox for him in one league, Sidney Rice in another and James Jones in a third. It's a brutal time of year for such a glaring oddity to be a factor, but all we can do is adjust.'

Rotoworld:

'Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune gives Joe Webb "extremely high" odds of starting Monday night against the Bears.

The concern is no longer whether Webb will start the game, but how he will perform as a quarterback in relation to receivers with wideout eligibility in Yahoo fantasy leagues. Though Webb gets downgraded in PPR because he has virtually no chance to catch passes, his potential for rushing and passing yards plus one or two TDs makes him a high-upside WR3. It's certainly not out of the question for Webb to put up top-15 receiver numbers in Week 15. Dec. 17 - 2:56 pm et'

Hmm. I am going to think long and hard about possibly benching: S. Moss, Forte or TO(starting Roddy and Calvin) for him.

I now someone upthread said they are starting Webb over Tampa Mike, but i just cant bring myself to do that. Not with Tampa Mike playing Detroit, and the Vikings playing on the frozen tundra of TCF Bank Stadium.

Same here. I was actually contemplating this but I can't do it. I've stuck with Williams since Week 1 and he's been very good to me. He's slowed down a bit but I expect him to bounce back this week.

This :thumbsup:

I'm guessing somebody in your league already grabbed him flow.